Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When RPF's was born...

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post

yes, GOD has a sense of humor.
    Yup.

Just look at peoples noses.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it was all about Enlightenment.

it was a place for those who "understood" to share.
    and thus
    promote, their collective knowledge and expertise.

I learned SO much from both RPF's and the Dailypaul.....

and yet in Today's world... we are not even worth an honorable mention...
    how the hell did that HAPPEN?
    I dunno but I waitress now in addition to everything else. LOL
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    evil spirits.
    Learn to spell "progressives".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    I dunno but I waitress now in addition to everything else. LOL
    at the end of the day, all one can really do is plant seeds of knowledge.
    on RPF's attempts to discuss the proper size of government will draw fire.

in real life. simply pepper your conversations with the proper size of government and the role that "money" plays.
    and what is "money" anyhow?
    that is what I do.

RPF's is an anarchist dominated website. it is a great place to sharpen your skills against their arguments.
    but in the real world. they are irrelevant.

why? they lack the ability to organize.
    they ARE very passionate. and they are also STUPID enough to argue with an HVAC/R tech.
    over HVAC/R subjects.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Learn to spell "progressives".
    learn how to write concisely. and make your point.

do you seek to enlighten. or simply display your knowledge Mr Peacock?
    as an instructor... I know your type.
    excess verbiage. is indicative of a small intellect. and a weak ego.

I possess the ability to make my points succinctly. you do not.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    And excessive ban hammer use.
    it was only proper dude.
    you look funny in yoga pants.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    learn how to write concisely. and make your point.

I possess the ability to make my points succinctly. you do not.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Truth be told, I prefer public discussion in liberal/progressive corners of the www. They're easier to talk to. They're more open to reason. It's just such a tough habit to break logging in here, though.

This is the most misery inducing web site I log onto.
    My experience has been the opposite. I found that they are much more plugged/cemented into their ideology that it is literally a religion to them.
    Try telling any devout person, their God does not exist. Same with liberal/progressives. They are literally capitulating to their ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    My experience has been the opposite. I found that they are much more plugged/cemented into their ideology that it is literally a religion to them.
    Try telling any devout person, their God does not exist. Same with liberal/progressives. They are literally capitulating to their ideology.
    Try telling any devout American, America does not exist.

Is America a religion ?

Is America a religion ?

Is America a religion ?
    It can be.

Who do you serve?

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Then you'd be for banning Ron Paul himself. Which is no surprise to see on this forum given how radically different it has become from his vision.

He specifically calls out the anarchists for being unrealistic, that their ideas require human beings to be perfect, which is something that will never happen. It's the exact same argument that I've been consistently making here all these years... I suppose it's because I'm one of the few who actually listened to him?

That's the heart of the matter.

There are two paths from here to liberty. One requires the complete destruction of civilization. The other merely requires adhering to existing law.

I'll be damned if there aren't way too many people here who consider only the first path to be acceptable.
    Ummm....did you actually honestly watch the video you posted? Ron clearly said his goal is moving towards self government. No you can't get there tomorrow. I don't know of any anarchist at RPF that says "We can get rid of all government right now!"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Hey, I was praying Ron Paul would be my President for almost 10 years now, heck I'm still praying. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    you seem to copy and paste well.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    people can't tell the difference between government and "the" government. Actually, I think they do. Clearly Ron Paul is not an anarchist. He flat out says, you always want government. In a perfect world each individual conducts their own government, they govern themselves, this is self-government.

people do the exact same thing with the word anarchy. It has a dual meaning just like government.

We have a bunch of people bickering over semantics for the last 10 years here, trying to control the "narrative".

At one time, the place was somewhere that people with a common goal could come and seek out the truth about what was happening in the USA. People wanted justice, accountability and responsibility from each other and this was a place to talk about it and find it.

Somewhere between learning about Ron Paul's extremely nuanced yet common sense approach to liberty and trying to take over the Federal Government, propaganda and legalism was introduced.

Half the people wanted to expand on the nuances of liberty while the other half wanted to embrace the common sense outcomes of getting results.

There was a huge counter movement operation targeted at what Ron Paul was saying and doing that tried to pick apart every aspect from the ground up.

Eventually the loss of momentum came with successive electoral defeats and culminated in the successor to the movement taking the exact wrong tact at the exact wrong time.

This was the final severance between the two major factions in Ron Paul's liberty movement. Although for many of us, it didn't come as a surprise. Some of us were able to explore the nuances of liberty while remaining practical and motivated.

Others lost bits and pieces of it over time and only hang on here because because(the wonderful things he does? lol late night typo) that is a fire that burned hot, even if it is now only a faint ember.
    Last edited by newbitech; 01-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

for some reason it was the ancaps who seemed to jump ship for the fascist murder train the fastest. Maybe they were giving up on Rothbards broken ideas, or maybe they just liked the trendy extreme ideas all along?

This site seems like a spoof of a liberty site now.

Mean while I just did my MBA and all the lecturers used Austrian economics. Course was all Schumpeter, Hayek and Mises.

In my time here New Zealand has also gone from around 12th to 1st ish on most freedom and prosperity indexes.

I am in North Carolina for the next six months if anyone has an urge to beat the $#@! out of me for being a man in a dress. I here that's local sport in the USA.

I have like one neg rep in my entire history, and have always found one account easily sufficient to argue both sides of any issue.

Still. Its weird. The world is on the verge of decision time. Kind of exciting time to be alive.

Also go watch Moana. $#@!ing on point.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Mean while I just did my MBA and all the lecturers used Austrian economics. Course was all Schumpeter, Hayek and Mises.
    Down in NZ? That's terrific! The ideas, they're spreading....

In my time here New Zealand has also gone from around 12th to 1st ish on most freedom and prosperity indexes.
    Indeed. It's got a lot going for it.

I have like one neg rep in my entire history, and have always found one account easily sufficient to argue both sides of any issue.
    True, me too, though it does sometimes confuse people.

Still. Its weird. The world is on the verge of decision time. Kind of exciting time to be alive.
    What does this mean? What decision are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    What does this mean? What decision are you thinking of?
    The world is deciding where history will take us next. It is starving for leadership and big ideas and will follow pretty much anyone.
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    The world is deciding where history will take us next. It is starving for leadership and big ideas and will follow pretty much anyone.
    Cool, got it. Is this really anything special, though? Because I'm pretty sure the world is always starved for leadership and ideas.

Also, welcome back, idiom!

It's good to see you. There was a recent thread about RPFers missing, and I thought of you.

Yeah after this post received no replies I took a break to look for more ideas elsewhere.

Been reading a *lot*

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...06#post6214906
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234