Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TAKING BETS

TAKING BETS

To all of those who are pretending to believe that Trump can actually beat the Democrat in the general election: Here's your golden opportunity to put your money where your mouth is! The only catch is you have to actually put your money up!

Come on, fools. Shell it out!

For those of you not stupid enough to take this bet, please bookmark this thread and bring those who run around blathering how Trump is going to skunk Clinton right here! Thank you so much!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whats your odds? Hildabeast is leading in the polls so surely you're not thinking 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    To all of those who are pretending to believe that Trump can actually beat the Democrat in the general election: Here's your golden opportunity to put your money where your mouth is! The only catch is you have to actually put your money up!

He has to beat the republicrats first.

I'm still not convinced the GOP will let him be their nominee.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Whats your odds? Hildabeast is leading in the polls so surely you're not thinking 1:1

Fair way to construct a bet:

One person names the bet and the odds, and the other person picks which side of the bet he takes
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I'm talking to all those people who are pretending they think he'll skunk her in the general. No one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    He has to beat the republicrats first.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    In the unlikely event, the bets will be off and the money returned, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Fair way to construct a bet:

One person names the bet and the odds, and the other person picks which side of the bet he takes
    I'm not doing this to be a fair gambler. I'm doing this to give all these paid trolls a chance to make it look like they aren't trolls. And to get a piece of their action, of course.

Just providing a service for a fee.

Might give the rest of us some good quoteworthy quotes to use in other threads, too. Like the one below.

If anyone actually wants to do more than talk, I'll be watching. I'm tempted to cover all bets on silly things like whether he'll 'declassify the 28 pages', too, but it would be too much trouble to return the 'no bet' money after he loses.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Thats why the smart guy asking people to put their money where their mouth is needs to offer up the odds. Trump might not even be the nominee to even have a chance to beat the Hildabeast.

So what are we talking 5:1 10:1, 100:1, 1000:1?

If its 1000:1 I'd like to place a $100 bet assuming the money is placed in escrow.

I don't think anyone said Trump would skunk Hillary. I think I questioned the proof that the opposite would happen. Where is it? The polls have been wrong in some places, and I know my state had an unprecidented 850,000 voting in the Republican primary. People talk like Tennessee is a red state. It really is not. It's half and half and getting bluer by the day.

Hillary is not talking like she's an automatic in. She shrieking like a shrew who is holding on by the toenails.

Up until now, everyone but Trump has been working with some of the foremost political strategists out there. Trump is defying odds in a lot of ways.

I'm not up for a bet, even if I had money to spare. I'm just an interested observer looking at what's going on and thinking this might be surprises in store.
    Last edited by euphemia; 03-18-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't that the truth. From Cookeville.

We can do a spread if you prefer FYI

What about humiliation? We could shave a picture of trump on you? Are you particularly hairy?

Jan2017

I agree . . .
    and even if that fails . . .
    the GOPe picks his VP for him and Trumpie can be looking over his own shoulder when the Secret Service detail goes out for hookers.

I look at these people and I listen to them, and Trump is the only one who looks comfortable. At the last debate, even the soft-spoken Kasich's voice was worn out. Rubio was barely audible. Cruz sounded horrible. Trump sounded normal. The difference might be that he is a man whose currency is risk. He seems very comfortable with risk.

Bernie and Hillary sound very desperate. If Bernie is sending people in to disrupt rallies, then what does that say? It says he knows his message is not enough. He has to disrupt the messages of others.
    #NashvilleStrong

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Okay. Exception noted.
    #NashvilleStrong

I actually think Tronald would defeat Clinton if he's the nominee--he's frighteningly persuasive, as we can see in this forum alone. The polls say he'd do poorly, but he was also low in the primary polls when he first announced. He'll adjust his emotional appeal and start delivering "kill shots" against Clinton and his poll numbers will rise. The hard-left democrats will also be less than enthusiastic in the general with how the party is treating Berndogg.
    Last edited by EBounding; 03-18-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not convinced by Trump's message. I'm just looking at what's going on this cycle and I see things that don't fit the patterns of the past. I can't explain them. I just see them.

Fred Thompson was one of the most popular polticians in Tennessee history. He got about 885,000 votes in the 1994 the special election (replacing Gore, who became VP). When almost that many people to turn out for a Republican primary this year makes me wonder. Ronald Reagan didn't get that many votes in the general election in 1980.
    Last edited by euphemia; 03-18-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Just saw this in the comments section on Zerohedge, not sure how accurate the numbers are, but interesting to ponder nonetheless:

So the new tactic is polls emerging showing that Trump can't win against Hillarnazi depsite the following facts:

-Hillarnazi's turnouts are dismal, and most of them who show up are paid to be there

-Trump turnout is at a record level like we've never seen

-25% of the racist blacks are willing to vote for Trump

-over 50% of hispanics are willing to vote for Trump

-those who voted for Sanders said they would vote for Trump over Hillarnazi

-20% of generic democrat voters said they would vote for Trump

So more media propaganda to keep us from voting for Trump, or is it true he can't win against the unconvicted felon?

I do more than stare at a computer screen and play off my friends. I put what the media says into the context of my experience, and that says the media is either honestly misinterpreting the numbers or out right lying. Or maybe a combination of the two.

What I know is that the morning conservative talk show I hear on the way to work has been all about Rubio. They can't explain why he lost. They feature a regular guest who is all about Cruz and cannot explain his dismal numbers here in Tennessee. But they agree that the total number of people who showed up to vote in a Republican primary is truly astonishing. It really is beyond explanation according to traditional interpretations. Here is my take:

1. People are fed up with what is happening to our nation. There is a loss of vision and destiny, and people are no longer inspired to be their best.

2. People are fed up with government AND media. They are tired of hearing the same mantra over and over, and it does not work. People can plainly see that what government and media tell them is not the truth.

3. People are coming to see that the rank-and-file politicians will promise anything to be elected, but they really do not know how to accomplish what they promise. This is why you have sitting senators who cannot explain their votes on immigration, continuing resolutions, judicial appointments, etc.

4. The divisive issues are not social issues, oddly enough. Those divisions are there, but they are way down on the list to someone who doesn't have a good job and who sees our kids suiting up to go off to wars that make no sense.

I don't really hear people talking about politicians as much as they are talking about the issues that are important to them. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to regret not listening to Ron Paul and Rand Paul a little more and looking at the issues through a liberty lens, but they won't regret not voting for people who have proven themselves to be failures.
    Last edited by euphemia; 03-18-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

For those of you not stupid enough to take this bet, please bookmark this thread and bring those who run around blathering how Trump is going to skunk Clinton right here! Thank you so much!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    I bet a cool million.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

And I think local and state parties are going to feel the hurt first. I and my friends don't miss the fact that Jim Cooper runs practically unopposed in every election and that some state districts have not seen Republican representation in decades, if ever. This cycle has put the RNC squarely under the microscope, and I think the fallout will be huge.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Does this qualify:
    A skunk in cribbage is 20 points. And no that could be a factual statement and have no bearing on the election results.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    I bet a cool million.
    Let's see it.

Give me 3:1 odds and I'll take that bet.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    And I think local and state parties are going to feel the hurt first. I and my friends don't miss the fact that Jim Cooper runs practically unopposed in every election and that some state districts have not seen Republican representation in decades, if ever. This cycle has put the RNC squarely under the microscope, and I think the fallout will be huge.
    I can't speak for all but I couldn't care less what the GOP fallout is. I dont know how one cannot correlate the treatment of Ron Paul to the treatment of the Donald. Even if their views are 180s.

F the GOP and f their attempted end around of the voters choice. Even if I disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Give me 3:1 odds and I'll take that bet.
    No, trying to price me out by making me put up three times as much escrow as everyone else--after I said I won't do it--does not make it look like you believe your own bull.

I'm not playing 'entertain the weasels' here. Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2016 at 12:48 PM.

I bet a cool million.
    Now you need to talk to Yahoo! to cut the check, like Bill Maher did - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...bama-Super-PAC

I bet a cool million.
    million what? Dollars, peanuts?

No, trying to price me out by making me put up three times as much escrow as everyone else--after I said I won't do it--does not make it look like you believe your own bull.

Put up or shut up.
    Not at all. I can get 2:1 elsewhere... If you would beat those odds I would be more than happy to take your $$$.

http://www.oddsshark.com/entertainme...s-2016-futures
    Last edited by openfire; 03-18-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Not at all. I can get 2:1 elsewhere... If you would beat those odds I would be more than happy to take your $$$.
    Is this what you people consider 'putting up' or what you people consider 'shutting up'?

Y'all are running around here blathering about how badly Trump will beat the Democrat like it's a given. But here you are arguing over how much you have to get to offset the risk y'all claim doesn't exist.

It isn't enough I'm giving money away? Why on earth not?

Is Trump Today's Safety Bet or not? Prove you believe it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast