Thread: Who needs Bernie Sanders when you've got Donald Trump?

Who needs Bernie Sanders when you've got Donald Trump?

The Fed and the U.S. Treasury are about to nationalize vast swaths of industry and finance:

The Fed's Cure Risks Being Worse Than the Disease

An alphabet soup of new asset-buying programs will essentially nationalize large swaths of the financial markets, and the consequences could be profound.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...e-than-disease

Also this is a good article from Reason:

But the twin rise of President Donald Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I–Vt.), along with the strains of populism they channeled, chased deficit hawks to the despised corners of polite society by 2015. After that, the main questions left were how many zeroes would end up on the federal check when the next crisis inevitably hit.

George W. Bush's Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of October 2008 came with a $700 billion price tag. Add in Obama's $833 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in February 2009, and we're talking a bailout/stimulus combo of $1.53 trillion, or $1.84 trillion in 2020 dollars.

By comparison, the bipartisan stimulus that was very temporarily held up by the near-universally despised Rep. Thomas Massie (R–Ky.), totals around $2.3 trillion, according to the bean-counters at the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. Even accounting for population increase (the U.S. had 307 million residents in 2009, around 331 million today), that's an inflation-adjusted per capita increase from around $6,000 11 years ago to $6,950 today.

How much is $2.3 trillion? In nominal terms, it's the same as the entire federal budget for Fiscal Year 2004. Adjusting for inflation gets you back to the federal government's $1 trillion outlay for 1987. Inflation and population together take you back to 1974.
    https://reason.com/2020/03/27/how-mu...could-imagine/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cannot be serious . Since I am laid off Bernie would borrow money to get me a "free" college education so I could get a different job . probably throw in a 1K a week unemployment too.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cannot be serious . Since I am laid off Bernie would borrow money to get me a "free" college education so I could get a different job . probably throw in a 1K a week unemployment too.
    Trump wants to take equity stakes in airlines and other businesses. They're going to nationalize everything by the back door. It's what Bernie could dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Trump wants to take equity stakes in airlines and other businesses. They're going to nationalize everything by the back door. It's what Bernie could dream of.
    I am strong believer that the best outcome for airlines is to go belly up and be replaced by a real company .

I am strong believer that the best outcome for airlines is to go belly up and be replaced by a real company .
    But what's happening is, they're being bought out by the CIA. Welcome to THE "Company".
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Fed and the Treasury are about to buy up tons of distressed debt, corporations, treasuries, bonds, municipals and God knows what else. We're talking 4 trillion .#

Boeing, Delta AA and others will be nationalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The Fed and the Treasury are about to buy up tons of distressed debt, corporations, treasuries, bonds, municipals and God knows what else. We're talking 4 trillion .#

Boeing, Delta AA and others will be nationalized.
    The airlines already have service as $#@!ty as a nationalized biz so I guess there will be no improvements.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unhappy Bernie Sanders' America

Sorry to say, we're all Bernie Bros now.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Schiff covers the various (illegal) schemes that the Fed and the Treasury are cooking up:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...the-Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Sorry to say, we're all Bernie Bros now.

We all knew this was going to happen. The debt will never be paid. The Liberty Movement has to get LOUD and offer an alternative. We all have to be Thomas Massie now. Don’t freak out, don’t do personal attacks, but stand on Principle and don’t give an inch. If people trash you then trash their arguments. If they comment on your social media posts comment back. Don’t let people think that everyone went along with this. When it fully collapses or “cracks up” be ready to act. We won’t have many chances at this but neither did Patriots in 1775.

Freedom is not popular.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom is not popular.
    Dude you’re like a broken record. This sounds like a personal problem #buzzkillington

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    We all knew this was going to happen. The debt will never be paid. The Liberty Movement has to get LOUD and offer an alternative. We all have to be Thomas Massie now. Don’t freak out, don’t do personal attacks, but stand on Principle and don’t give an inch. If people trash you then trash their arguments. If they comment on your social media posts comment back. Don’t let people think that everyone went along with this. When it fully collapses or “cracks up” be ready to act. We won’t have many chances at this but neither did Patriots in 1775.
    Gov aggression IS a personal attack, but + rep.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Dude you’re like a broken record. This sounds like a personal problem #buzzkillington
    You want to know what sounds like a broken record to me?

The constant bitching, whining and complaining about the wave of tyranny flooding over all of us.

I've been listening and watching doomatarians predict TEOTWAWKI for over 40 years years now.

And offer limp solutions like "education" as a means to stop it.

Revolution and or secession are the only means any widespread freedom will be restored to a significant portion of the population.

That will require a fight.

And there is, apparently, no stomach for that amongst the remnant.

So we sit around Double Dutch Ruddering each other instead.

And THAT is a broken record.

There's not going to be any collapse. The Fed will turn on the printing presses, the masses will get nice big fat government cheese checks and the can will get kicked down the road another 20 years, and more liberty will be lost.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-28-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The constant bitching, whining and complaining about the wave of tyranny flooding over all of us.

I've been listening and watching doomatarians predict TEOTWAWKI for over 40 years years now.

Revolution and or secession are the only means any widespread freedom will be restored to a significant portion of the population.

There's not going to be any collapse. The Fed will turn on the printing presses, the masses will get nice big fat government cheese checks and the can will get kicked down the road another 20 years, and more liberty will be lost.
    Patience grasshopper. Most of us were teenagers when Ron Paul ran for president in 2008. You have to get your life in order before you can effect change but it’s coming. And you’re probably right they can kick this can little bit further but they’re running up against something called math and it’s real.

That pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)