Thread: Jobs on the road

Jobs on the road

Anyone here need any help that is not in the state of Maryland? Can be for anywhere from a few days to a few months, I just need to get out of here. If you have a travel allowance that would be great so I can afford to get there but if not I can do what I have to do.

I don't care what the job is. I am strong and learn quick and can do most anything. I don't need to be paid a lot and I will sleep on the streets or on a job site or whatever. I really don't care. I will do almost anything just as long as it gets me out of here for awhile. If anyone knows anything that would fit this description than please let me know.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    Anyone here need any help that is not in the state of Maryland? Can be for anywhere from a few days to a few months, I just need to get out of here. If you have a travel allowance that would be great so I can afford to get there but if not I can do what I have to do.

I don't care what the job is. I am strong and learn quick and can do most anything. I don't need to be paid a lot and I will sleep on the streets or on a job site or whatever. I really don't care. I will do almost anything just as long as it gets me out of here for awhile. If anyone knows anything that would fit this description than please let me know.
    I know just how you feel. Wish I had something for you, if you would have asked a month ago...
    "The Patriarch"

Damn, I wish I could help. I am just about in the same boat working from temp job to temp job. Good luck and hang in there. Something will break loose for you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If your still hanging in the may, and are not afraid of heights, I MIGHT have something for you then.
    Best of luck in life.

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 03-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    If your still hanging in the may, and are not afraid of heights, I MIGHT have something for you then.
    I would jump from an airplane or hang from a bridge... I really don't care.
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    im going to bump this bc joe is a cool dude
    Thanks

I might actually have a job available but not a place for you to stay. I have to check with them first because I'm the low guy on the totem pole. Normally we are always looking for someone because nobody wants to do it.

Thanks
    Okay, also must be willing to live in Cook Country. Roofing is the gig, and we almost always need another guy. I will touch base with you as soon as I know more on my end. If you live around farmland, might stop by a couple ranches too. That way, if you need road therapy, you can keep rolling as the spirit takes you.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-27-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Best of luck in life.

Good Luck Joe , Godspeed , hope you find what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I might actually have a job available but not a place for you to stay. I have to check with them first because I'm the low guy on the totem pole. Normally we are always looking for someone because nobody wants to do it.
    Where I work , I already have the job nobody else would/could do .

I don't care what the job is.* I am strong and learn quick and can do most anything. I don't need to be paid a lot** and I will sleep on the streets or on a job site or whatever. I really don't care. I will do almost anything just as long as it gets me out of here for awhile. If anyone knows anything that would fit this description than please let me know.

I do, I do, I do. California.

A few WEEKS to a few months. You're welcome to "just" get away for a few days only...I either need to have some frank conversations with some Liberty folk OFFLINE or I need to quit tilting at the political windmill...I'm just saying that I need more than a few days' help.

*Stipulated, nothing "illegal" or inherently dangerous. I cannot be liable for mishaps.

**Ballpark, what constitutes "not being paid a lot" if the situation affords you private housing, such as it is, and the same fare as I eat?

Anyone else?

implausibleendeavors @ gmail
    Last edited by cheapseats; 03-28-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Hey Joe--I can't afford to hire a handyman out here on the family farm, but I know for with almost 100% certainty that a place close by would hire you, and you could either have a futon in the office or modify an area in the basement for your "quarters." We have 15 acres, a barn and I'm planning on doing all kinds of stuff with the house--and if you just helped with some of the heavy lifting/handyman stuff and offset some of the utility bills, that'd be great. You wouldn't really even need a car if you did this, b/c you could ride into work w/Kludge. (it's night shift, btw--about 60hrs/week, so lots of OT.) You could just do it for a few months and save up a bunch of money before you wanted to move on or go do your own thing.

PM me for more details if you're interested. All you really do is work and sleep--no thought required, I make bagged lunches, breakfast/dinner, do all the shopping, laundry and housekeeping.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

You guys are all amazing. I just got a phone interview request with a place in Illinois. If all works out than hopefully I will soon be on the road and off to clear my head and create a new environment back here. Thank you all so much, if I don't hear anything back soon than I will be messaging some of your privately. Thank you all again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck to you.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hey Joe--I can't afford to hire a handyman out here on the family farm, but I know for with almost 100% certainty that a place close by would hire you, and you could either have a futon in the office or modify an area in the basement for your "quarters." We have 15 acres, a barn and I'm planning on doing all kinds of stuff with the house--and if you just helped with some of the heavy lifting/handyman stuff and offset some of the utility bills, that'd be great. You wouldn't really even need a car if you did this, b/c you could ride into work w/Kludge. (it's night shift, btw--about 60hrs/week, so lots of OT.) You could just do it for a few months and save up a bunch of money before you wanted to move on or go do your own thing.
    I figured Kudge would have that place all whipped into shape by now
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 03-27-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag.

The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Thanks
    If you lived here I could get a you job easily in flooring sales. I work from home on my computer as of yesterday now for uhaul. See if they have it where you live, it's the worlds easiest job. And it pays awesome with the biggest benefits package I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    If you lived here I could get a you job easily in flooring sales. I work from home on my computer as of yesterday now for uhaul. See if they have it where you live, it's the worlds easiest job. And it pays awesome with the biggest benefits package I have ever seen.
    That would actually be amazing. Mind if I ask more about what you do and how you found it? I will certainly look into it but not real sure where I could find that.

That would actually be amazing. Mind if I ask more about what you do and how you found it? I will certainly look into it but not real sure where I could find that.
    http://www.telemarketingfromhome.com/uhaul.html

U-HAUL

Virtual Call Center Company Employer Profile

About

U-Haul was co-founded in 1945 by Sam Shoen and his wife Anna Mary Carty Shoen. Though now a household name, U-Haul was not an overnight success. But the Shoens persisted and by the end of 1949 it was possible to rent a trailer one way from city to city throughout most of the United States and by 1955 throughout most of Canada. Today U-Haul is an industry giant with the largest rental fleet in the world, over 13,000 independent dealers and over 1,300 company owned U-Haul centers.

Work At Home Jobs

U-Haul operates call centers around the country in addition to employing work at home "National Sales & Reservations" agents. As a work from home agent you will receive incoming calls from customers calling U-Haul's toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL number. You will answer general equipment inquiries and secure reservations for U-Haul trucks, trailers, and towing devices. The Sales and Reservations department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Home-based agents are treated as regular W-2 wage earning employees.

Requirements

Good verbal skills..
    Basic computer and Internet knowledge.
    General knowledge of United States geography.
    General familiarity with reservations, telemarketing, typing, data entry and sales.
    A reliable cable or DSL broadband Internet connection.
    You must purchase your own headset.
    Benefits

Work From Home.
    Flexible work hours.
    Paid training.
    Part-time positions.
    Compensation

Starting pay is $7 per hour.

How to Apply

Click here to search for current work from home job openings with U-Haul.

http://jobs.uhaul.com/contact_center...e=workfromhome

If you are looking for a part-time job that allows you to work flexible hours, work from home from anywhere in North America, the Contact Center Work From Home Program might just be what you are looking for.

The following technical requirements must be met to be able to work from home.

Have your own USB headset
    Upload and Download internet speeds of 1MB or greater. (Can be tested on http://www.speedtest.net/)
    PC or laptop that meets the following requirements:
    Windows XP, Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
    5gb hard disc space available (or greater)
    Pentium 4 or higher processor
    Network card
    1G RAM (minimum) 2G (recommended)
    Anti-virus software. (Two free recommended versions are Comodo or AVG)
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-27-2013 at 12:05 PM.

I set reservations when the call centers have over-flowed. In a sense they are looking for computer nerds or people involve in online education or forums. If you can sit in front a computer for 8 plus hours they start you off part time after two weeks training with 46+ hours. 8.25 hour and 2.25 per reservation.

If you can type (100 wpm) and talk fast you can get 7-12 reservations an hour

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    If you can type (100 wpm) and talk fast you can get 7-12 reservations an hour

I spend all day online and am a trained professional auctioneer... I think I can handle both of those lol

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I figured Kudge would have that place all whipped into shape by now
    lol

There's a reason his screenname is Kludge (that's a term some engineers use for going the duct tape route with repairs/engineering.)

I'm better at home repair stuff than he is, but he's learning--he just hates doing things the "right" way.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

A) Joe would be spectacular at sales.

B) He has not weighed in, but I know Pete always talks about having work and a corner for a lot of fellow forumgoers.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I have to check with them first because I'm the low guy on the totem pole.
    They told me we don't have the revenue right now to hire another person. Probably late May when we sell some cattle we would. Around then we'll be looking for a tractor driver. They also kind of looked at me funny when I mentioned "a friend from the internet". LOL