Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump won't allow transgender individuals "to serve in the military

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know why anybody even wants to enlist at this point if we're mired in conflict with endless mission creep.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I don't know why anybody even wants to enlist at this point if we're mired in conflict with endless mission creep.
    /thread
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I answer questions on Yahoo Answers. There is a military sub-forum. Most of the high schoolers and people a little older are simply looking for a job. The same applies to college graduates in basket weaving (or today's "gender" studies). Some are bored with college. Some are trying to escape a bad family situation.

Most grasp for reasons beyond these because they want to appear selfless. You'll hear vague abstractions like I want to be something bigger than myself or I want to serve my country.

If you want to look, then here's the forum: https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index/...?sid=396545449

Edit: And not to get off track, but I even made a thread about me answering questions on Yahoo Answers. I give liberty advice regarding these questions:

Should I join the military?
    Should I become a cop?
    Do I have to talk to CPS?
    How can I find a drug user not guilty when doing jury duty?
    Should I call the cops on [family member] for using weed?
    How can I fight a red light camera ticket?
    Do I have to answer questions at an interior border patrol roadblock?
    Etc, etc.

Here's the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ining-cops-etc
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 07-26-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    For once Trump's on the right side of an issue (though probably for the wrong reasons, i.e. red meat politics reasons). If the taxpayer is going to have to finance the military, it should be as effective as possible, and the presence of transgenders (or gays or women, while we're on the topic) undermines military effectiveness. Nor is excluding anyone from the military a violation of their rights; one has no right to a job, including a government job. That said, the policy roll-out (via Twitter, to the surprise of the DoD), is a typically Trumpian cluster$#@!, which helps put this sound policy in a worse light.
    Seriously, as someone said on Facebook....we aren't supposed to have a standing army anyway. Ban everybody!

But those same arguments were used when blacks and women were excluded. Sort of weakens the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Seriously, as someone said on Facebook....we aren't supposed to have a standing army anyway. Ban everybody!

But those same arguments were used when blacks and women were excluded. Sort of weakens the argument.
    Women shouldn't be in combat roles, but I don't think there should be a rule against women or gays or trans, everybody should follow the same rules. Women shouldn't be in combat roles because the physical requirements should be too high for almost any woman to pass.

The reason they make rules about gays and such in the military is because if they don't, then they will get harassed out. So they make anti-harassment laws to protect gays, among others.

$#@! a bunch of harassment laws in the military, if you can't take harassment you shouldn't be in the military.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trannies should be allowed to terrorize the Middle East like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I've been trying to figure out lately why women in particular fight so hard for gay and trans people to be able to come out and be 'themselves'.

Is it possible that part of the reason is that before, a lot of gay and trans men had to hide their true identity and so they would get married to a woman and the woman would find out that her husband was $#@!ing some dude or dressing up like a woman, and so to quell their fear of this happening to them they want men to be able to be open about it so they know who not to $#@! or be in a relationship with?

I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of reasons, I'm just trying to find some underlying reason that would actually explain this from a strategic mating pov.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-26-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Good...about had enough of paying for the weirdosexual's perversions.

This also baits the Demoncrats back to promoting perversion, they were trying to pivot to "A Better Deal".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I've been trying to figure out lately why women in particular fight so hard for gay and trans people to be able to come out and be 'themselves'.
    Probably because they themselves were excluded and it's just from sympathy?

i wonder if trump will still take their tax money to fund the military .

my guess is there are more transgender people in the military than there are neocons serving .

we aren't supposed to have a standing army anyway
    Same issue with a militia.

Those arguments were right with respect to women.

Putting men and women in close quarters (say, in a submarine) for extended periods of time is going to cause problems, and it has.

You could have an all male army or an all female army (except there aren't enough women who fit the physical criteria), but it shouldn't be co-ed.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Putting men and women in close quarters (say, in a submarine) for extended periods of time is going to cause problems, and it has.
    And still that policy hasn't been rescinded.

Today's announcement doesn't represent Trump abandonment of the LGBTI community, as illustrated by two Department of State 12-month funding opportunities released over the past 48 hrs totaling over $15M tax dollars to address gender violence in Vietnam and the People's Democratic Republik of the Congo. Money is still flowing to QRST pet projects around the world. Today's announcement was an easy pat on the head to the base and poke in the eye to media wonks. Don't look at the tweets, following the money.

IMO

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It's how Trump controls the narrative and the MSM. The secret is he will attack targets that his base is indifferent about or hates.

1. Make ambiguous comment about liberal sacred cow
    2. Media and public are instantly enamored by shocking headline
    3. People stop thinking about yesterday's headline
    4. ?????
    5. profit

#4) Move real agenda forward.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    with border funding. Trump isn't stupid.

Why would taxpayers want to fund the mentally ill ?
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why would taxpayers want to fund the mentally ill ?
    Because many taxpayers have been brainwashed in this upside-down world we're living in.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    In Trumps defense, the thousands of Ms Doubtfires all lined up to serve in the military would create quite the.... oh wait... what? Like 10 of them in the U.S. wants to join? Oh, well... umm...so yeah.... this is a $#@!ing stupid tweet aimed at getting *****s even more worked up.

Never mind carry on.

Edit: The Q- word that rhymes with "deers" is censored here? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/numbe...ry?id=48869563

The 2016 Rand study, titled "Assessing the Implications of Allowing Transgender Personnel to Serve Openly," estimates that between 1,320 and 6,630 of 1.3 million active duty service members may be transgender.

A mid-range estimate states that 2,450 active duty service members and 1,510 members in the U.S. reserves may be transgender, according to the study.

In his tweet, Trump said he consulted with his "Generals". The military was not informed of his plan.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/us-join...r-ban/10370025

US Joint Chiefs blindsided by Trump's transgender ban

<snip>

But while Trump's tweet states that he consulted with his generals and military experts ahead of making the announcement, US defense officials have indicated that many of the top brass were caught off guard by the policy change.

One of the heads of the military branches was informed by a staffer of the President's tweets on transgender policy and had no idea it was coming, the official said.

Adding to the confusion is that Trump's decision came without a plan in place to implement it.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not have an answer Wednesday on what would happen to active transgender military members but said the White House and the Defense Department would work together "as implementation takes place and is done so lawfully."

But how those next steps would play out still remains unclear.

The Pentagon has asked the White House for a written directive spelling out its intentions and directions on transgender policy so the military can now begin implementing guidance, according to a defense official with direct knowledge.

A main issue now is whether currently serving members will be discharged and whether they will receive an honorable discharge so they can continue to receive whatever medical and retiree benefits they are entitled to based on their years of service, a defense official said.

A memo from the Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said there will be "no modifications" to current policy until there is further guidance.

"In the meantime, we will continue to treat all of our personnel with respect," it reads.

This is all that really needs to be said on a liberty based forum. The only way to make this even better would be to ban all men and women from serving in the US nation building and empire expanding military.

Does anyone care about this? I don't. This was a political red-meat-grenade thrown to distract the unwashed masses. Who gives a $#@!?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

A mid-range estimate states that 2,450 active duty service members and 1,510 members in the U.S. reserves may be transgender, according to the study.
    And that comes out to about ten, in the great grand scheme of things, just like Wooden Indian said.

Or put another way: statistically insignificant.

.2 percent ( I rounded up to give you the benefit of doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Does anyone care about this? I don't. This was a political red-meat-grenade thrown to distract the unwashed masses. Who gives a $#@!?
    I'll admit that this issue doesn't keep me up at night, but it's a small positive pushback.

I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    This has never successfully occurred. Trump gets so caught up in his distractions that he doesn't manage to accomplish anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    In his tweet, Trump said he consulted with his "Generals". The military was not informed of his plan.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/us-join...r-ban/10370025
    We all appreciate the fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    This has never successfully occurred. Trump gets so caught up in his distractions that he doesn't manage to accomplish anything.
    ....according to CNN fake news

I admit I haven't been keeping up on this. From what I understand the reasoning is that it is because the process for the surgery takes them out of from being combat ready. So, I guess my question is why is it OK to throw women into the meat grinder. From what I understand many of these women become pregnant. Does this not take them out of being combat ready and require 'special' medical procedures over the male norm? They also get up to 6 weeks maternity leave and if in the Navy or Marines up to 16 weeks. Males only get 10 days. So why aren't women being excluded also?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2534873.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-27-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast