Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren reveals DNA evidence of Native American ancestry, rebuking Trump

Elizabeth Warren reveals DNA evidence of Native American ancestry, rebuking Trump

The Intercept‏@theintercept · 18 min.
    Elizabeth Warren reveals DNA evidence of Native American ancestry, rebuking Trump
    https://interc.pt/2OufvST

https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/s...20933982359553
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-15-2018 at 07:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

1/512 ???

LOL

By that standard, I'm Sitting $#@!ing Bull.

Rebunking? I've heard of de-bunking, but rebunking? Carry on.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

From the Intercept:

Linskey’s report, which features a more extensive interview with Bustamante, notes that the genetic expert estimated that Warren’s Native American ancestor appears in her family tree “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.” That would seem to fit the story that Warren’s parents told their children about their maternal great-great-great-grandmother.

However, the Globe report could also point to ways the story might soon be attacked by Warren’s political opponents, as they seek to cast doubt on the results. Bustamante was careful to say that his lab is “confident it is not an error” to say Warren has Native American ancestry, but the imprecision of genetic testing will no doubt soon be a subject of national debate should the senator run for the presidency.

As Linskey explains, Bustamante was also forced to use a creative method to identify Native American genetic material, which could give Trump supporters an opportunity to dispute the findings:

Detecting DNA for Native Americans is particularly tricky because there is an absence of Native American DNA available for comparison. This is in part because Native American leaders have asked tribal members not to participate in genetic databases.

“The tribes have felt they have been exploited,” explained Lawrence Brody, a senior investigator with the Medical Genomics and Metabolic Genetics Branch at the National Institutes of Health. “The amount of genetic data that is available from Native Americans is sparse.”
    I'm no Warren fan, but as I have pointed out before, Indian DNA ancestry is tricky. My good friend, who is Tungva Indian, had his DNA done & it said he was 95% Ainu.

My great-great grandmother was Cherokee & I'm blonde/blue-eyed. Supposedly her tribe birthed a blonde ever so often. Some think it's
    from the Lost Colonists who are thought to have merged with Indian tribes.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    1/512 ???

LOL

By that standard, I'm Sitting $#@!ing Bull.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'd like to know what percentage of US citizens have an equal to or greater percent of indian dna compared to Warren, using the same criteria. I'll bet half the population has at least that much.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Wow, not even 0.5%, 0.1%...

0.1% of $1 million is $1,000, soo....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It adds up fast when stating the percentage of a single individual in your ancestry.

1/1,024 at 10 generations back? Then it’s 1/2,048 at 11 generations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It adds up fast when stating the percentage of a single individual in your ancestry.

1/1,024 at 10 generations back? Then it’s 1/2,048 at 11 generations.
    Do both parents always contribute 50% of the gene material to an offspring or is it more of a probability function?

"Math Correction" Confirms Warren Could Be 0.09% Native American
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ative-american

The way Warren handled this is still rather suspicious.

After delaying a DNA test for years, it is a bit suspect that that she refused one of the readily publicly available DNA tests such as 23andme, or ancestry.com, but rather handpicked a specially selected Stanford professor.

And even his exclusive test only alleges likely ancestor 6 to 10 generations ago, which equates to between 1/64th (1.5%) to 1/1024th (.1%) ancestry if the results are accurate.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

.080 may get you a DUI some places but it does not get you an Indian.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do both parents always contribute 50% of the gene material to an offspring or is it more of a probability function?
    Basically 50/50, except for mitochondrial DNA which always comes from the mother.

How much you get from an individual in your past family tree is random. So many generations back, and you may not have any DNA from an ancestor, unless it’s the mitochondrial DNA from the direct mother line.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    The way Warren handled this is still rather suspicious.

After delaying a DNA test for years, it is a bit suspect that that she refused one of the readily publicly available DNA tests such as 23andme, or ancestry.com, but rather handpicked a specially selected Stanford professor.

And even his exclusive test only alleges likely ancestor 6 to 10 generations ago, which equates to between 1/64th (1.5%) to 1/1024th (.1%) ancestry if the results are accurate.
    Indian DNA is difficult.

Detecting DNA for Native Americans is particularly tricky because there is an absence of Native American DNA available for comparison. This is in part because Native American leaders have asked tribal members not to participate in genetic databases.

“The tribes have felt they have been exploited,” explained Lawrence Brody, a senior investigator with the Medical Genomics and Metabolic Genetics Branch at the National Institutes of Health. “The amount of genetic data that is available from Native Americans is sparse.”
    Like I said above- my Tungva Indian friend, who is definitely Indian, had his DNA come back as 95% Ainu. Blew him away.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If that counts as being Indian then we all are.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Except Danke , who has been determined to be somalian pirate .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    #Believewomen Harvard hired her as a "woman of color."

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Yeah, that’s about it. This whole DNA Ancestry craze is about politics.

It’s not terribly accurate.

Basically 50/50, except for mitochondrial DNA which always comes from the mother.

How much you get from an individual in your past family tree is random. So many generations back, and you may not have any DNA from an ancestor, unless it’s the mitochondrial DNA from the direct mother line.
    It is not that simple. If you assume genes from a gene pair are selected randomly you can see a situation where a parent chooses always one of their parents' genes when passing them to a child. This means a grandchild can have 0-50% of its grandparent genes. Although the most likely outcome is 25% it is not the only possibility.

The test showed her to be maybe 0.1 percent red man! ...Or Mexican. Which is pretty much the same thing, right? She sure owned the Blumpf on this one!
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 10-15-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

This seems foolhardy. They're guaranteeing that thousands of people won't discover their Indian heritage. Maybe that's the point.

Holy $#@!

I'm sorry, but this piddling 1/1024 Native ancestry does not wash at all, compared to the kind of BS she's been spouting for decades. "Part Cherokee and part Delaware" my ass.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Indian DNA is difficult.
    Like I said above- my Tungva Indian friend, who is definitely Indian, had his DNA come back as 95% Ainu. Blew him away.
    If you are blown away by that, you'll be even more blown away by this. My definitely Yaqui friend had his DNA come back 99.8% native American.

Not sure what point your trying to make re Warren. So your friend is Ainu ancestry. So what? Trying to say if Warren's DNA results had been Ainu then she could have been Native American? Warren's published test doesn't show her to be Ainu either. Heck if her DNA results had been native American , in that case she could have been native American too.

These sophomoric non sequiturs don't make Warren any more native American ancestry. Nor does it change her spectacle of touting she is native American and she will prove it by finding someone she can hire to say she has some tiny remote native american DNA ancestry - between 1/64th (1.5%) to 1/1024th (.1%) ancestry based on the Stanford professor's comparisons to DNA from Mexico, Columbia and Peru.

And it also doesn't change the very suspicious way Warren handled her DNA claim. (Delaying a DNA test for years, refusing one of the readily publicly available DNA tests such as 23andme, or ancestry.com, using a handpicked specially selected Stanford professor).
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-15-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

This is truly shameful. In a less PC time, and a neutral media environment, a person who is 1/64 native American at best and claiming to be Cherokee as part of their identity, would be correctly labeled clinically insane.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I'm a Germanian with green eyes. My family on both sides has lived here for at least 400years, one side likely at least double that.

If I claim any kind of native $#@!, I'm probably a racist.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    If you are blown away by that, you'll be even more blown away by this. My definitely Yaqui friend had his DNA come back 99.8% native American.

Not sure what point your trying to make re Warren. So your friend is Ainu ancestry. So what? Trying to say if Warren's DNA results had been Ainu then she could have been Native American? Warren's published test doesn't show her to be Ainu either. Heck if her DNA results had been native American , in that case she could have been native American too.

These sophomoric non sequiturs don't make Warren any more native American ancestry. Nor does it change her spectacle of touting she is native American and she will prove it by finding someone she can hire to say she has some tiny remote native american DNA ancestry - between 1/64th (1.5%) to 1/1024th (.1%) ancestry based on the Standford's professor's comparisons to DNA from Mexico, Columbia and Peru.

And it also doesn't change the very suspicious way Warren handled her DNA claim. (Delaying a DNA test for years, refusing one of the readily publicly available DNA tests such as 23andme, or ancestry.com, using a handpicked specially selected Stanford professor).
    I guess I can understand her claim a bit as I grew up with the same kind of stories about our Cherokee heritage. I believed my family and haven't gone through the DNA stuff.

Warren's bad Indian thing was started by a political opponent- which always makes me a bit suspicious; everyone in her education/job history have said it was never an issue.

Like I said- I'm no Warren fan but this has always seemed blown waaaay outta proportion.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This is truly shameful. In a less PC time, and a neutral media environment, a person who is 1/64 native American at best and claiming to be Cherokee as part of their identity, would be correctly labeled clinically insane.
    In the US you are considered legally black with 1 drop of negro blood in your history.

Just sayin'.
    There is no spoon.

Talk about Pyrrhic victories....
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast