Thread: Go Woke, Go Broke! Boy Scouts USA considering bankruptcy filing

Exclamation Go Woke, Go Broke! Boy Scouts USA considering bankruptcy filing

Trans queeerism, co-ed "boy" scouts, weirdosexual scout leaders...and you're broke.

Report: Boy Scouts of America May File for Bankruptcy

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...idering-ch-11/

13 Dec 2018

The Boy Scouts of America are considering filing for bankruptcy, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Wall Street Journal states leadership of the youth organization, mired in sexual misconduct litigation, hired the law firm Sidley Austin LLP to explore a wide range of options, including petitioning for relief under Chapter 11.

On Wednesday, Boy Scouts CEO Michael B. Surbaugh released a statement in response to the Journal‘s report, saying, “We are working with experts to explore all options available to ensure that the local and national programming of the Boy Scout of America continues uninterrupted.”

“As you all know, we have always taken care of victims we believe them, we believe in fairly compensating them and we have paid for unlimited counseling, by a provider of their choice, regardless of the amount of time that has passed since an instance of abuse,” Surbaugh added.

Legal experts note filing for bankruptcy would “stave off” at least 140 lawsuits filed against the organization alleging misconduct by scoutmasters.

The Boys Scouts of America has undertaken rebranding efforts this year, announcing in May that the nonprofit would rename itself “Scouts BSA” in 2019. In May, the Boys Scouts of America announced girls will be allowed to join the group next year. “We wanted to land on something that evokes the past but also conveys the inclusive nature of the program going forward,” Surbaugh said at the time of the announcement. “We’re trying to find the right way to say we’re here for both young men and young women.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what happens when good people are too busy and too stingy to look beyond the troop.

Having served 20 years in a volunteer non-profit, I watched the focus of boards go from helpful, interesting programming to fundraising. I had a chat with the local CEO, and she confirmed my suspicion that the competition for non-profit dollars was very high, and boards were shifting from knowledgeable, values-driven people, to heavy hitters who had access to corporate dollars.

This is why you see that all the big shots are on a lot of different boards. Access to money means access to positions. And when you have rich liberals running everything, they have to pander to their bases, even in the nonprofit world.

With BSA in particular, they have done a very poor job vetting their volunteers and policing behavior. With regard to Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, I know for a fact that Girl Scouts vets volunteers and has mandatory training regarding scout-adult ratios, sexual abuse and mandatory reporting, and sleeping arrangements on overnight trips. Their program went sideways in the 1990s and has only gotten worse, but there you go.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Bankrupt Boy Scouts

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...pt-boy-scouts/

By eric - December 13, 2018

The Boy Scouts of America is – apparently – about to file for bankruptcy. This makes me happy, as a former Scout and an Eagle Scout.

Because it’s not Boy Scouts anymore. It’s just Scouts – to reflect the new inclusiveness. Girls can be Scouts now, too – though this makes boys not want to be for the same reason that girls would probably skip Girl Scouts if boys forced themselves into the ranks, insisted the organization accommodate itself to them.

But boys never do that. It’s always the girls – who become women – who can’t abide boys (and men) having anything that’s just for boys (and men).

This goes for sports, the military – everything.

Regardless of the lack of suitability, compatibility or the problems it creates. The girls and women want in – and if you say no, they’ll use the courts to force the matter. Or, they’ll depend on the poltroonery of the Babbits in charge, who dread being perceived as anything less than “correct” and will practically writhe on the floor to demonstrate their obeisance to whatever the latest shibboleth is.

This is what happened to the no-longer Boy Scouts, which used to be a private organization. Tax-exemption was used as a pry-bar, but the real pressure to nix the Boys from Scouts came from shaming the organization, which was portrayed as exclusionary and not diverse enough because it didn’t admit girls – either as kids or adult leaders.

Which it did for a variety of eminently sound reasons, not the least of which was the problems that tend to occur when you place a teenage boy and a teenage girl in a tent together, out in the woods. The parents of both tend to worry about such things. Plus it distracts the boys from learning how to build a fire without matches, use a compass in the woods – which used to the point of the thing.

But there is also the fact of physical and temperamental differences between boys and girls. Almost any 14 or 15 year old boy can handle a three-day hike on the Appalachian Trail, a 40 pound pack on his back; not many 14 or 15 year old girls can. Some, perhaps.

But in general, no.

By forcing girls into the Scouts, the Scouts are forced to dumb-down things like three-day hikes on the Appalachian Trail – for the sake of the girls, who also have other issues that become problems without access to showers and such after a few days in the woods.

But even those problems aren’t the real issue.

Which is, simply, that boys – like men – need “guy time.” That is to say, time away from women – and girls, too. Because the sexes are different, and not just physiologically.

Boys and men want and need to be free to talk the way that boys and men do when there aren’t any women (or girls) around. Exactly the way that girls – and women – like to talk among themselves – usually about men and boys.

Men and boys take no umbrage as this is natural. Men and boys are fine with girls and women having Girls Nights, their coffee klatches, even their own female-exclusive organizations.

Like the Girl Scouts, for instance.

There is no shaming effort under way to force that outfit to admit boys. The boys don’t care – and neither do their fathers. It is understood that it’s good for girls to spend time away from the pressure of boys.

Yet women – and girls – can’t stand it when boys and men go off on their own, whether it’s the Boy Scouts or a men’s-only cigar club. They regard it as a conspiracy against them. They will complain, shame – and litigate. Freedom of association – which includes the freedom to not associate – seems to be a concept not merely foreign to their thinking but an outrage which must be stomped at all costs.

Except, of course, when it comes to themselves.

So I say that perhaps the Boy Scouts should just close up shop and call it a day. Whatever this Scouts thing is, it’s not the same thing and arguably a bad thing. It’s certainly not the thing I had the good fortune to experience some 30 years ago, when I was a boy and Boy Scouts learned to shoot (riflery merit badge) did mile swims and three-day death marches on the Appalachian trail, with a crusty old Scoutmaster who helped us learn how to be men, in the absence of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yet women – and girls – can’t stand it when boys and men go off on their own, whether it’s the Boy Scouts or a men’s-only cigar club. They regard it as a conspiracy against them.
    That's because most girls and women conspire against men and boys whenever they get together and they project their tendencies onto men.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Shut it down, stick a fork in it already. Eric is right, it's become something else now. Something a lot of people are just plain sick of.
    "The Patriarch"

Bankrupt Boy Scouts

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...pt-boy-scouts/

By eric - December 13, 2018

The Boy Scouts of America is – apparently – about to file for bankruptcy. This makes me happy, as a former Scout and an Eagle Scout.

Because it’s not Boy Scouts anymore. It’s just Scouts – to reflect the new inclusiveness. Girls can be Scouts now, too – though this makes boys not want to be for the same reason that girls would probably skip Girl Scouts if boys forced themselves into the ranks, insisted the organization accommodate itself to them.

But boys never do that. It’s always the girls – who become women – who can’t abide boys (and men) having anything that’s just for boys (and men).

This goes for sports, the military – everything.

Regardless of the lack of suitability, compatibility or the problems it creates. The girls and women want in – and if you say no, they’ll use the courts to force the matter. Or, they’ll depend on the poltroonery of the Babbits in charge, who dread being perceived as anything less than “correct” and will practically writhe on the floor to demonstrate their obeisance to whatever the latest shibboleth is.

This is what happened to the no-longer Boy Scouts, which used to be a private organization. Tax-exemption was used as a pry-bar, but the real pressure to nix the Boys from Scouts came from shaming the organization, which was portrayed as exclusionary and not diverse enough because it didn’t admit girls – either as kids or adult leaders.

Which it did for a variety of eminently sound reasons, not the least of which was the problems that tend to occur when you place a teenage boy and a teenage girl in a tent together, out in the woods. The parents of both tend to worry about such things. Plus it distracts the boys from learning how to build a fire without matches, use a compass in the woods – which used to the point of the thing.

But there is also the fact of physical and temperamental differences between boys and girls. Almost any 14 or 15 year old boy can handle a three-day hike on the Appalachian Trail, a 40 pound pack on his back; not many 14 or 15 year old girls can. Some, perhaps.

But in general, no.

By forcing girls into the Scouts, the Scouts are forced to dumb-down things like three-day hikes on the Appalachian Trail – for the sake of the girls, who also have other issues that become problems without access to showers and such after a few days in the woods.

But even those problems aren’t the real issue.

Which is, simply, that boys – like men – need “guy time.” That is to say, time away from women – and girls, too. Because the sexes are different, and not just physiologically.

Boys and men want and need to be free to talk the way that boys and men do when there aren’t any women (or girls) around. Exactly the way that girls – and women – like to talk among themselves – usually about men and boys.

Men and boys take no umbrage as this is natural. Men and boys are fine with girls and women having Girls Nights, their coffee klatches, even their own female-exclusive organizations.

Like the Girl Scouts, for instance.

There is no shaming effort under way to force that outfit to admit boys. The boys don’t care – and neither do their fathers. It is understood that it’s good for girls to spend time away from the pressure of boys.

Yet women – and girls – can’t stand it when boys and men go off on their own, whether it’s the Boy Scouts or a men’s-only cigar club. They regard it as a conspiracy against them. They will complain, shame – and litigate. Freedom of association – which includes the freedom to not associate – seems to be a concept not merely foreign to their thinking but an outrage which must be stomped at all costs.

Except, of course, when it comes to themselves.

So I say that perhaps the Boy Scouts should just close up shop and call it a day. Whatever this Scouts thing is, it’s not the same thing and arguably a bad thing. It’s certainly not the thing I had the good fortune to experience some 30 years ago, when I was a boy and Boy Scouts learned to shoot (riflery merit badge) did mile swims and three-day death marches on the Appalachian trail, with a crusty old Scoutmaster who helped us learn how to be men, in the absence of women.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171587.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	6286
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Shut it down, stick a fork in it already. Eric is right, it's become something else now. Something a lot of people are just plain sick of.
    Throw it in the woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Throw it in the woods?
    The new 'Scouts' wouldn't know what to do in the woods.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Throw it in the woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The new 'Scouts' wouldn't know what to do in the woods.
    I love you guys!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Honestly, I don't know why women want to even join the Scouts. I've camped with the Cubs (Mr A was working) and with the Boy Scouts (Annual family trip) and was usually the only female - well, the only female who seemed to care about personal hygiene. It sucked. Usually cold and rainy and the toileting facilities were outhouses with no locks on the doors. I had to piss in a can in the tent or risk a kid busting in on me. Pooping was out of the question. Which is tough when you're stuck eating sand dogs and nasty ass campfire eggs made by 10 year olds who haven't washed their hands. *gag*

Girl Scouts is just boring. I was a Brownie for about two weeks and tried again with Girl Scouts and that lasted only slightly longer than Ballet (maybe a month, lol). Just a bunch of dumb crafts and fund raising. Not my thing. I played softball, was a cheerleader, and played the violin.

BTW, they don't allow booze. I got in trouble with council because some man's wife narked me out. He was drinking with me but he went home and told his wife and she didn't like it. The kids were all asleep and we had one friggin drink. Honestly, I didn't know you couldn't take booze. Who ever heard of camping without alcohol?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I love you guys!
    Well, you can hug Suz if it makes ya feel better. I'm not the huggin' type.

Please be careful about the generalizations. There are some girls who would do just fine on three-day hikes.

But also be careful about saying women can’t stand it when men and boys go off by themselves. There are many women who respect that very necessary interaction. This is why we need more liberty—is men can get together and build houses and barns, fish and hunt.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Honestly, I don't know why women want to even join the Scouts. I've camped with the Cubs (Mr A was working) and with the Boy Scouts (Annual family trip) and was usually the only female - well, the only female who seemed to care about personal hygiene. It sucked. Usually cold and rainy and the toileting facilities were outhouses with no locks on the doors. I had to piss in a can in the tent or risk a kid busting in on me. Pooping was out of the question. Which is tough when you're stuck eating sand dogs and nasty ass campfire eggs made by 10 year olds who haven't washed their hands. *gag*

Girl Scouts is just boring. I was a Brownie for about two weeks and tried again with Girl Scouts and that lasted only slightly longer than Ballet (maybe a month, lol). Just a bunch of dumb crafts and fund raising. Not my thing. I played softball, was a cheerleader, and played the violin.

BTW, they don't allow booze. I got in trouble with council because some man's wife narked me out. He was drinking with me but he went home and told his wife and she didn't like it. The kids were all asleep and we had one friggin drink. Honestly, I didn't know you couldn't take booze. Who ever heard of camping without alcohol?
    I gather you aren't a country girl, so much. My ole lady will piss just about anywhere if there is cover.

There are some grassroots competition to Boyscouts and Girlscouts these days. Homeschool families band together. There are official groups and even groups that start in neighborhoods that are really good. I have occasionally been invited to teach forest skills/survival/martial arts and other subjects to these groups. If you are a parent, and even if you send your kids to public school, check out the homeschool coops in your area.

A big win for the anti-gunners.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    A big win for the anti-gunners.
    My parents aren't gun enthusiasts. They never owned one. The Boy Scouts introduced me to them through a combined Boy Scout and Florida State Wildlife initiative. This program taught me the basic rules for firearm safety. We were introduced to different firearms, including pistols. We even got a patch. And because I was curious I found the patch that adorned my back pack....

Oh, I was so hoping you were going to say that you got kicked out of the Girl Scouts for eating a brownie.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

A friend of mine has two girls in GS (1st,2nd grade) so they are both in different groups, but she is the scout leader for both. She says the 2 groups couldn't be more different with the younger group being all into the outdoorsy scouting stuff, eg: camping and the older group is basically troop Beverly hills. She finds a way to tailor the events to each group and they all have fun.

The unfortunate thing is that it is her husband that is super into scouting (he was an eagle scout) but Girl scouts limits what he can do with the group. eg: when they went camping he wasn't allowed to be there overnight, even though his own children are in the groups and he is the one with the most experience camping and actually enjoys it.

Flashback 2015, but a good read. It is no wonder they are having problems. Cultural Marxism never works.

The Boy Scouts Continue To Devolve Into A Garden Club

The Boy Scouts have banned throwing water balloons and pointing water guns at each other. What’s left for them to lose?

By Rich Cromwell
    MAY 26, 2015

There’s an art to the perfect water balloon. Too large, and it will explode before you can throw it. Too small, and it won’t explode at all. I was given a strong reminder of the latter back in the seventh grade when a friend and I were perhaps throwing water balloons at cars. This perhaps resulted in hearing the squeal of a car coming to a quick stop as we perhaps ran inside before a large man, who obviously spent a large amount of time at the gym, perhaps walked to my friend’s back door.

“You lose something?”

If only my Scout troop had covered the finer points of water-balloon strategy, perhaps we wouldn’t have faced that man and then lied through our teeth. Now, thanks to a rule change, no scouts will ever have the chance to learn the art of the water balloon. They will learn to fill them so small as to avoid being able to pop them, which undermines the whole endeavor and makes situations such as the one I might have experienced possible.

First, though, scouts would have to go renegade and throw a water balloon at a car. Another activity which isn’t just frowned upon, but outright banned, is using a Super Soaker on fellow scouts. You read that correctly. With these moves, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) haven’t technically banned fun, but they have placed it—and perhaps the entire organization—in hospice.

Killing Boy Scouts with Kindness
    To be honest, the BSA hasn’t been doing well for a while. Membership has been steadily declining for decades, and recent decisions to go full Episcopalian—and you never go full Episcopalian—haven’t helped. But with this decision, and the resulting onslaught of righteous indignation, we see just how far a once-proud paramilitary organization has fallen.

Why the change? The cynic in me, the one who remembers how long it took to evacuate us when we were sleeping in the woods without shelter and the skies opened up in biblical fashion that one weekend, thinks the BSA is now run by a bunch of effete pantywaists. The optimist in me reads this sentence, which supposedly explains why water gun fights are wrong, then slaps the cynic for being too forgiving: “Why the rule? A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: ‘A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?’”

Billy the Kid Walked Into a Bank with a Super Soaker
    Are you kidding me? Seriously? Yes, gun safety is extremely important. You should never point a firearm at something you don’t intend to shoot. You should also never point Super Soakers at people you don’t intend to shoot, because that’s the purpose of a water gun! To shoot people. They have no other purpose. You cannot feed your family with game brought down with a Super Soaker. You cannot defend yourself with a Super Soaker, unless it turns out vampires are real and you have some holy water. (I may need to check with Neil deGrasse Tyson on that.) You cannot rob a bank with a Super Soaker.

You may be curious as to why I mention robbery. It’s because brandishing a gun when robbing a bank conveys that one can do harm. Water guns are designed not to cause harm, unless you’re a witch or a vampire.

Now, a Word from the Lawyers
    It’s not just Super Soakers and water balloons that could trigger young scouts and send them scurrying for their safe space. Wait, there’s more. The scouts’ “National Shooting Sports Manual” also mentions other unauthorized activities. The list includes but is not limited to:

Flintlock rifles and flintlock shotguns
    Reloading ammunition and using reloaded ammunition
    Crossbows
    Bottle rockets
    Exploding targets of any kind
    Short-barreled rifles or short-barreled shotguns
    Destructive devices or other regulated items such as grenades
    Firearms included in the National Firearms Act
    Cannons (Their use is limited to council camp ceremonies only and must follow the BSA’s guidelines for cannon use.)
    Ballistas
    Boomerangs
    Blow guns
    Anvil shooting
    Ninja weapons such as stars, spikes, and torpedoes, and activities such as shovel throwing
    Spears
    Spear guns
    Potato guns
    Boomerangs? I can’t even begin to wrap my head around this.

To be fair, scouts aren’t restricted solely to arranging flowers and making friendship bracelets from locally-sourced organic thread. Here’s just a partial list of the “high-adrenaline activities a young man or young woman [ed. What?] enjoys in Scouting”: .22 rifles, dirt bikes, shotguns, mountain biking, slingshots, and motor boating. (The last one I listed does help explain why “young woman” was included.)

Be Prepared, Boy Scouts
    This isn’t just an esoteric topic for me. I am an Eagle Scout and was a member of the Order of the Arrow. I achieved the rank of Eagle in the same troop, Troop 100, as my father did. My father is now the Scout Master for Troop 100, and rules like this are slowly ruining his ability to reach a new generation of young men. (And he lives in an area which desperately needs men such as himself who are willing to take time and spend money to provide a positive example and experiences for young men who often lack men in their lives who can or will do the same.)

I’m not sure destruction isn’t the point. BSA is an old organization with many rules and policies that are on the wrong side of history. Given decisions like these, it’s altogether possible that the effete pantywaists who run the BSA do want to see it destroyed and are tearing it down from the inside. Maybe that’s why my dad’s job is more about paperwork and CYA bovine excrement designed to placate the lawyers than helping young men. Because rules that forbid water gun fights and water balloons capable of actually exploding doesn’t convey, “This organization will help you grow into a man.”

That’s a shame. To be honest, I didn’t love my time as a scout. Even in the late ’80s, it was already more about process and procedure than shooting and canoeing. But we still got to tear some $#@! up, experience a little danger, and roughhouse, as young boys are wont to do. In the process, we learned skills we could carry with us for the rest of our lives.

For example, last December I was tying my ginormous “Christmas Vacation”-size tree to my car. The man who owned the tree lot observed my knot-tying and said, “You were a Boy Scout, weren’t you?”

It’s not just knots. I still know how to start a fire. I can pitch a tent. I can paddle a canoe. I can sharpen a knife and use it without cutting myself. I know how to rescue someone who’s drowning. I can cook over an open fire.

Yes, part of the Scout Law is to be kind. (So is being reverent, but you don’t hear much about that these days.) There is nothing kind about watering down a venerable organization such that young men have no longer have any interest in joining. There is nothing kind in denying the simple truth that boys will be boys. And if your goal in life is to make harmless if rambunctious fun an unsanctioned activity, then you best be prepared to be pilloried as the effete pantywaist that you are.
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/05/26/...a-garden-club/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My parents aren't gun enthusiasts. They never owned one. The Boy Scouts introduced me to them through a combined Boy Scout and Florida State Wildlife initiative. This program taught me the basic rules for firearm safety. We were introduced to different firearms, including pistols. We even got a patch. And because I was curious I found the patch that adorned my back pack....
    There aren't any youth firearm safety programs that have been as accessible as the boy scouts. Uneducated people that have a fear of firearms would rather their kids figure it out on their own - having a child's first firearm experience happen in one of their friend's, parent's closets. Of course, up to that point the child's only experience has been with "toy guns", and violent movies, so its no wonder they stand to get shot in the face, or shoot someone else in the face. Then the parent will attack the evil american gun culture for puttin a hole in their child's head - taking no responsibility what so ever.

The wonder of it all, is that these uneducated people will advocate sex education - as though a young man/woman should have their first experience in a closet some where. These uneducated people might also advocate swimming lessons for the same reason.

Educating and preparing a child for the world is just what a parent does... Firearm safety is no different than looking both ways when crossing the street. Trying to somehow manipulate and prepare the world for a child is what a fool does, and what most american parents/government tend to pursue.

My last words on the topic, I think BSA was headed down this path long before accepting girls. It started with the gays and other political nonsense, and then of course you have the few pedo's. That said, it was extremely foolish to think that opening up scouts to girls was going to solve their financial problems.

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is what happens when good people are too busy and too stingy to look beyond the troop.
    This is what happens when you piss off the latter-day saints. To be really precise about causality.

Takes a lot, really. Pretty go-along get-along friendly people for the most part, eh? But at some point, we don't want perverts molesting our boys. Is that OK? Like, is that OK with you, B SA? No?

See ya, ya pedo losers!

Please be careful about the generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post

Gulag Chief:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh, I was so hoping you were going to say that you got kicked out of the Girl Scouts for eating a brownie.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The Boy Scouts Continue To Devolve Into A Garden Club

The Boy Scouts have banned throwing water balloons and pointing water guns at each other. What’s left for them to lose?

My favorite game during regular meetings was called "Poison".
    There was a single folding chair in the middle of the room. All the boys joined hands in a circle around it. Sounds pretty gey so far but...
    There were two rules:
    1) Whoever touches the chair is out ("touch" meaning any physical contact, including getting whipped into it...)
    2) If you break hands, both people who broke hands are out.

I'm pretty sure this game would count as a war crime these days. I certainly wonder how nobody ended up needing medical attention... since you'd have 17yo six-foot jocks and 11yo kids playing at the same time.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

All this is richly ironic in view of the fact that the founder of the Boy Scouts, Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell (raised to the peerage as Lord Baden-Powell) was in probability a gay man himself — though closeted, of course, considering the circumstances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/o...y-founder.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DGRsp2s.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	6287
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Please be careful about the generalizations. There are some girls who would do just fine on three-day hikes.
    Almost any 14 or 15 year old boy can handle a three-day hike on the Appalachian Trail, a 40 pound pack on his back; not many 14 or 15 year old girls can. Some, perhaps.
    Are you referring to that quote?

But also be careful about saying women can’t stand it when men and boys go off by themselves. There are many women who respect that very necessary interaction. This is why we need more liberty—is men can get together and build houses and barns, fish and hunt.
    It is WOMEN who complain and borough their way into men's groups. Not all women do that, but the ones who promote and foster the effort are women. Men eventually give in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I gather you aren't a country girl, so much. My ole lady will piss just about anywhere if there is cover.
    I was raised in the city but my dad was a country boy and kept hunting land up in Dawsonville. My mom would make him take me when he took my brothers hunting. Anyway, camping as a kid with my family, I didn't care but being a female camping with bunch of little boys I don't know, sucked. I still enjoy camping with my family as long as it's not cold and raining.