Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Molyneux: Why I Was Wrong About Libertarians

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Me too, but

What the hell am I looking at?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With 2 or 3 possible exceptions (the OP being one of, of course) this thread gives me hope for this place.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    With 2 or 3 possible exceptions (the OP being one of, of course) this thread gives me hope for this place.
    Yeah, there aren't many Liberty members left. Way too many Trump supporting authoritarians.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    What the hell am I looking at?
    The epic Milo:

I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Yeah, there aren't many Liberty members left. Way too many Trump supporting authoritarians.
    Exactly. And when they're not trying to convince us that authoritarianism is freedom, they're trying to bully us away from here.

Stef sold out quite a while ago. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=molyneux

He was right about things like circumcision and voting and a number of others waybackwhen, but this is a different StefEra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's impossible to refute what Trump says because what Trump supporters think he said and what he actually said are contradictory to the level of Orwellian doublethink.

There's thread after thread in the presidential election forum where someone points out that Trump said the exact opposite of what his supporters think that he supports. For example, as mentioned in this thread Molyneux says Trump is for free markets, when in fact he is actually a protectionist. His supporters say that he's anti-interventionist and isolationist when he is the only presidential candidate to directly say that we should put boots on the ground in Syria and then create a permanent presence in the middle east to "take their oil." They say he's against the Fed when he's repeatedly said that the government should inflate its way out of debt and that low interest rates are the best. He's against all of the banks when in reality he's chosen bankers as his policy advisers. He's anti-establishment but he wants to expand the power of the federal government and seems to have been awfully cozy with the establishment up until about a year ago. He's going to clean out the lobbyists when he himself has lobbied, employed lobbyists, and treats political policy as a business transaction.

Trump supporters actively delude themselves into thinking that their support of Trump is not hypocritical or in contradiction to their beliefs in two ways:
    1) By seizing on a outrageous interpretation of the man's words (Boots on the ground is non-interventionist; protectionism is actually free markets, etc)
    2) Outright ignoring the vast majority of what he's ever said as well as his written policies in order to believe that what Trump -actually- thinks is something he said one off-the-cuff at a single rally.

As proof of the above, some Trump supporter will now ignore everything else that I've said in order to dispute the accuracy of a single Trump contradiction, as if that renders the rest of the argument moot.
    Now instead of a strawman. Refute what Stefan said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'll say one good thing about this (without watching it. I have no plans to lose those 30 IQ points today)...in titling his video his way, he distances the creepy, xenophobic, misogynistic alt-right mindset from libertarianism...good. All of you certainly were wrong if you thought libertarianism was about stereotyping groups of people. Until recently (18 months or so) that would have been called "collectivist thinking" by most honest, educated libertarians...but another group of charlatans infiltrated the pool and co-opted the language again. It was especially sad to see it take root here.

Stephan Molyneux. "Trump is a free market guy...libertarians should be on his side". Ughhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I never liked Molyneux, even before his alt-right Trumpist phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Self-professed intellectual leader, you mean. He's a cult leader, to the point where he openly targets kids from dysfunctional families.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    He is so tedious.
    It's pretty disgusting to see both Alex Jones and Molyneaux turn into Trump shills.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Trump, Molyneux, Milo, Alex Jones all appeal to those whose single issue is political correctness. While I understand their concern, I don't have the feelz for their pain.
    Yep x 6

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    ditto, we might have finally hit bottom and begun our ascent back to sanity
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-30-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Ron Paul cast some seed. Most of it fell on the rocky path. Some of it fell on shallow soil and they turned into Trump supporters.
    Some of us still remember what he said and wish we still could hear it.

Go ahead and tell us all again how education campaigns are fruitless.
    Ah...so that's what reason looks like. Thanks for reminding some of us here.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    would +rep if I could.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    I will say this: I am not a fan of Trump's
    Did you forget that you already outed yourself?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6339400

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He explained how he is not a fan of Trump nor a supporter. But might vote for him with reasons.

Oh I see, you are holding on to a grudge:

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Coming from someone who joined in Oct, 2016, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

There can be a little more nuance here than calling someone a statist if you disagree with them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

If they say fat shaming works, maybe Trump shaming will work too? It's worth a try.

Molyneux

Now with 400% more roads
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He explained how he is not a fan of Trump nor a supporter. But might vote for him with reasons.
    Those reasons were his fawning over Trump being Trump.

Those reasons were his fawning over Trump being Trump.
    In his defense, Trump is quite fawnable
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I love Milo.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow....

All I can say is wow....

"Wow, Just Wow" is not an augment. You have no case against the facts and are losing, this is understandable. If you want to fall on your sword, we will allow you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I flat out refuse to open a video with him in it, I don't like his mannerisms or prose enough to try and glean a 30 second message from in among an hour of drivel...

Although I have been told what an idiot I am for refusing to subject myself to "one of the greatest intellectual minds of our lifetime".....

Thank you for admitting you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    Thank you for admitting you have no argument.
    Argument about what subject?

I can argue most issues without ever subjecting myself to a pompous ass such as Molyneux..

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

With the exception of spanking, Molyneux hit all the points I wanted him to. The regressive left has definitely embedded itself inside the libertarian movement, corroding it with emotive rationalization and a general lack of understanding about man.

Argument about what subject?

I can argue most issues without ever subjecting myself to a pompous ass such as Molyneux..

Do you hate him so much because he is more successful then you,or because he is right?

Do you hate him so much because he is more successful then you,or because he is right?
    Who in the $#@! are you talking about, "him"? Molyneux?

I don't "hate" him at all and never said that, DO NOT put words in my mouth!

I find him to be a "pompous ass" who drones on and on when his point could be made clearly and succinctly in less than a minute.

Now.............I asked you a question before you tried to tell me what I think and how I feel, answer it.

Molyneux is a third rate intellect who makes a living conning fourth rate intellects.

...not a bad way to pay the bills, I suppose, but nothing to brag about either.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Molyneux is a third rate intellect who makes a living conning fourth rate intellects.

Very true, but it is really not that easy conning the rubes. And for that I salute him, he has been able to con the libertrians and then turn around and con the nationalist rubes. He is indeed an conning genius.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Very true, but it is really not that easy conning the rubes. And for that I salute him, he has been able to con the libertrians and then turn around and con the nationalist rubes. He is indeed an conning genius.
    He had formal training as an actor, IIRC.

I'll vote harder than you!
    I don't see the sheriffs badge to approve of this post...

I'm wearing an old prescription, but the lenses are pretty clean. Are the machines taking over?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Molyneux

Now with 400% more roads
    Lotsa roads with none of the parents pulling over to discipline their children. Specifically, spanking.

It takes a village of children, to dissuade spanking.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 11-03-2016 at 06:56 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Who in the $#@! are you talking about, "him"? Molyneux?

I don't "hate" him at all and never said that, DO NOT put words in my mouth!

I find him to be a "pompous ass" who drones on and on when his point could be made clearly and succinctly in less than a minute.

Now.............I asked you a question before you tried to tell me what I think and how I feel, answer it.
    Well if you can do better, why are not doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

So anyone does not agree with you=rube...Please do go on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast