Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting emails from the Ted Cruz campaign (edit)

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    You really have no idea what you are talking about. This is nothing more than a baseless accusation. It's quite possible that his list was sold or rented, however your proof in that this was a special email you set up for only Rand does not necessarily mean that Rand sold your data.

Emails can be collected countless ways, some of which don't even involve your ever opting in or giving consent.

Cruz's campaign is notorious with their invasive data collection practices. They employ many tactics to get your data, and your opting in probably isn't very high on their list of concerns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...288_story.html
    Nice article, but it does not talk about Cruz and email harvesting. And true, many ways to collect emails. But when that specific email was created for one purpose, and only used at randpaul.com 2 times, and nowhere else, ever... it limits the exposure drastically.

And to those who mention his NH office was broken into, why would the entire nationwide subscriber list be available from a local office. I am not in or near NH.... so the NH office did not need that data... If that is the culprit, that is poor design in data sharing.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread is complete crap. OP doesn't have actual proof but his $#@!ty spidey sense as evidence to his relatively massive claim that Rand sold out the liberty movement.

Jesus, OP type reasoning is why Trump is popular.

OP please provide actual proof or mods should change the thread title to something accurate or dump it into spin section where it belongs.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am getting Cruz emails to now. When I went to unsubscribe it tells you where it got your email address from. Mine said that it was something to the effect that it was a individual sign-up which is BS since I would never subscribe to his site.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

The email address that I used to donate to Rand has not received any emails from other candidates.

The email address that I used to vote in online polls has received emails from Cruz and Rubio, starting sometime last year before Iowa.

Doesn't mean Rand sold anything. Probably a leak, stolen or a Rand campaign staffer or PAC had an email list and sold it.

The Cruz campaign has other methods of building email lists besides buying/stealing them from other campaigns.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am getting Cruz emails to now. When I went to unsubscribe it tells you where it got your email address from. Mine said that it was something to the effect that it was a individual sign-up which is BS since I would never subscribe to his site.
    Yes I constantly see that from political email unsubscribe services, that they claim I opted in (I never do). Between the exceptions they put into the law for themselves and the total lack of enforcement, there are effectively no rules when it comes to compiling and managing political email lists.

If the OP used a specific email address for Rand campaign business and did not use it anywhere else, then that address gets Cruz email, the most likely scenario is that the email was in fact sold to Cruz in order to pay down campaign debt.

For a while I was getting them from SANTORUM as well. I unsub to all of them, including the Paul's and now add them to my spam block as well. It is aggravating.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    If the OP used a specific email address for Rand campaign business and did not use it anywhere else, then that address gets Cruz email, the most likely scenario is that the email was in fact sold to Cruz in order to pay down campaign debt.
    Thank you...

I'm more bothered by the fact that I somehow got on Kasich's email list. Whether it came from CFL or somewhere else, seriously, why did his campaign bother buying a conservative-libertarian email list? Kasich is the worst one of all, a Democrat in the Republican primary with no possible way to ever catch up in delegates. He doesn't appeal to anybody outside Ohio.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rothfeld and his Saber associates were never our friends and were only in it for the money. I would have saved my money if I had known years ago that Saber was run by a Jesuit Jew...

So yeah you can probably thank Saber (or whatever its name is now) for selling your email to competing campaigns.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I have a specific email address I used ONLY for Rand, and got a Ted Cruz email this AM on that address.

What kinda $#@! is that? Rand's endorsing Televangelist Ted? Selling email lists?
    You are correct. I also get Ted Cruz spam addressed to an email I created after donating on Rand's site.

I get e-mails from Cruz all the time. But I put my name on his list after Rand dropped out.

I got emails from Ted starting on March 2. I wasn't signed up for Rand's newsletters, only C4L's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I have a specific email address I used ONLY for Rand, and got a Ted Cruz email this AM on that address.

What kinda $#@! is that? Rand's endorsing Televangelist Ted? Selling email lists?
    When did you use it for Randal? Just this election cycle or years ago; before Rafael ran for the Senate, when he was endorsed by both Pauls?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What kind of snacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    When did you use it for Randal? Just this election cycle or years ago; before Rafael ran for the Senate, when he was endorsed by both Pauls?
    Yes, 2 months before he "officially" announced.

Almost daily RAND emails here, sometimes twice a day. I've never gotten any other stuff from any other candidate other than Rand.

I signed on for Rand's emails through one of his petition blurbs -sometime last year.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 03-24-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I keep getting Ted Cruz e-mails also. I don't know if it is C4L, randpaul.com, or what; but I am not a Cruz supporter. I noticed them a couple of weeks ago, now they seem to spam my email daily. I just delete them. I personally view it as a sign of the times we live in. I was getting a couple of telemarketing calls a week. Nothing too troublesome, but bothered me on principle, as I don't call them trying to cold solicit a sales service so they shouldn't call me. I signed up for the national "do not call list." This is a big mistake. Now I get telemarketing calls multiple times a day. I swear the national Do Not Call List is selling my number or something.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    This thread is complete crap. OP doesn't have actual proof but his $#@!ty spidey sense as evidence to his relatively massive claim that Rand sold out the liberty movement.

OP please provide actual proof or mods should change the thread title to something accurate or dump it into spin section where it belongs.

he is spot on, as i know him. his email was only used at randpaul.com. meaning they gave or sold it , or someone in his randpaul.com office did. either way it falls on his campaign and rand paul. either way bad security . rand paul should have no reason not to give it to gary johnson now,might help more then it did giving it to cruz. GARY JOHNSON 2016 enough of the gop circus.

i just used my spam button as that is where cruz deserves to be in my spam folder.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 03-25-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    I keep getting Ted Cruz e-mails also. I don't know if it is C4L, randpaul.com, or what; but I am not a Cruz supporter. I noticed them a couple of weeks ago, now they seem to spam my email daily. I just delete them. I personally view it as a sign of the times we live in. I was getting a couple of telemarketing calls a week. Nothing too troublesome, but bothered me on principle, as I don't call them trying to cold solicit a sales service so they shouldn't call me. I signed up for the national "do not call list." This is a big mistake. Now I get telemarketing calls multiple times a day. I swear the national Do Not Call List is selling my number or something.
    odds are it was randpaul.com but you did use your email in various places but thor i know made it only for randpaul.com so it narrows it and i as well used my email donating to rand and got cruz emails. didn't get them until i had donated to rand so , the arrows seem to point to randpaul.com

i just used my spam button as that is where cruz deserves to be in my spam folder.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 03-25-2016 at 10:18 AM.

I too got Cruz emails.

The address I used was *only* to donate to Ron Paul. Then I started getting CFL emails. This cycle I got emails from Rand. Now I'm getting them from Cruz. The list was shared, stolen, sold, whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    he is spot on, as i know him. his email was only used at randpaul.com. meaning they gave or sold it , or someone in his randpaul.com office did. either way it falls on his campaign and rand paul. either way bad security . rand paul should have no reason not to give it to gary johnson now,might help more then it did giving it to cruz. GARY JOHNSON 2016 enough of the gop circus.

He has no actual evidence of his email being sold as he so claimed, and the thread title being changed due to lack of evidence.

What we are looking for is evidence to back up him blatantly stating on the thread title that Rand sold out our emails to Cruz.

Evidence please, not just accusations and assumptions.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

i'm getting spam email from email@conservativeintel.com

says from ted cruz
    Last edited by spudea; 03-26-2016 at 05:24 PM.

[mod edit]

A) It is NOT 'spidey sense' if indeed the email was used in only one context (Rand Paul)

B) It is an anecodote, ie, one data point (though others have added theirs ...) of evidence but you mention "proof", WHAT THE $#@! do you think proof consists of? It's evidence exactly as submitted.

C) As to 'sold out' its not the language OP used and not the language I would use. The truth is that lists - in general - suck. Use a junk email address and get rid of it every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Just remove yourself. It only takes a minute.
    That's not how lists work. Thor may wield the mighty hammer but unless he aims it at their servers and backup servers, that data will persist. Likely he will just be added to the 'next' campaign or possibly end up on even more lists. Most unsubscribe mechanisms aren't even CAN-SPAM compliant. They just hold back your data until the next time. Possibly if he sent a certified letter to their legal department he could get some results. Too many unsubscribe features are the technically equivalent of asking to be bothered with some stupid $#@! in the future.

Keep in mind, his data is NOT solely on the RP list but the RC list and the list of whatever carrier copied it over. There are three places for it to be removed, minimum.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-09-2016 at 10:22 AM.

He has no actual evidence of his email being sold as he so claimed, and the thread title being changed due to lack of evidence.
    What was the original thread title before pansies started to complain about it? I ask because it says "[edit]" ("Getting emails from the Ted Cruz campaign (edit)") so now the pansy comments look out of context.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm protective of my email and I'm getting booger Cruz emails too. I gave a lot of money to Ron Paul but never Rand after he endorsed Mittens. Oh well. Wish I had my money back. Now I expect neg reps and name calling and insults from at least 5 regulars here. Bring it because I can not care. Oh the irony of it all.

What we are looking for is evidence to back up him blatantly stating on the thread title that Rand sold out our emails to Cruz.

Evidence please, not just accusations and assumptions.

the evidence is thors email, my email, look sold or stolen it still falls on rands office aka rand paul. bottom line is a secure email was given to cruz willing or unwillingly thru rand pauls email list. that is a fact jack.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    the evidence is thors email, my email, look sold or stolen it still falls on rands office aka rand paul. bottom line is a secure email was given to cruz willing or unwillingly thru rand pauls email list. that is a fact jack.
    Ok so now you guys are not sure what exactly happened but you are sure something happened? Will you both retract your accusatory statements that Rand sold out the liberty movement to Ted Cruz? Somebody?

There is 0 evidence Rand sold list to Ted, I would think its nice to be able to present some evidence when making statements like OP did.

Before you guys said sold, now you said stolen, which is it?

There is a reason the MODS edited the title, because it was not true. Until it can be proven, let's just back off the whole, "Rand sold out the liberty movement to Ted Cruz" trash.
    Last edited by eleganz; 04-09-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Same thing happened in 2012 after the RNC, a number of threads and posts about getting email from Mitt. If I was going to accuse the Pauls of selling lists, I'd do a lot more digging before posting it on a board full of Ron/Rand supporters.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic