Thread: Ron Discusses the 25th Anniversary of Tiananmen Square Revolt

Ron Discusses the 25th Anniversary of Tiananmen Square Revolt

June 5, 2014

Ron Discusses the 25th Anniversary of Tiananmen Square Revolt

Ron says now is an opportune time to reflect on the 25th anniversary of the revolt in China, led by college kids and young people. Though so much time has passed since Tiananmen Square, the ideas of liberty are still alive in China today.

Episode Duration: 10:24
    http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/video/...square-revolt/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The protests had absolutely nothing to do with liberty. They were hard core communists like most college students who were upset by the market reforms instituted by Deng Xiaoping.

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/justinchina1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    The protests had absolutely nothing to do with liberty. They were hard core communists like most college students who were upset by the market reforms instituted by Deng Xiaoping.

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/justinchina1.html
    So why did they have their own Statue of Liberty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Democratic communists vs. Totalitarian communists probably, I dunno much about it tho.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Democratic communists vs. Totalitarian communists probably, I dunno much about it tho.
    Nor do I, but I remember my Mother telling me about how the taxi took her by that place on the way to the airport to come home the day before the massacre. She said the army had already filled the area and she was fortunate to be able to get a flight out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Why is North Korea called a Democratic Peoples Republic?
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

Tiananmen vigil draws lowest turnout since 2008

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/p...-gather-annual

Organisers claim 110,000 attended while police put number at just 18,000 at the event’s peak

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We do know it was a bunch of total marxist Commies, right? That these college kids and young people were total marxist Commies whose grievance was that China was becoming less of a total Commie dystopia under Deng, and they wanted their Free Tuition and Other Inalienable Free Stuffs!

Right?

We do know that, right?

Looks like timosmond knows, at least. And if any of you didn't: now you know! And it looks like there is less and less Commie energy in China today; fewer and fewer Commie stalwarts willing to show up in "solidarity" and "protest" their country's insufficient Communism.

Good news.