Thread: Been Saying This For Years...

Thumbs up Been Saying This For Years...

Butter is NOT bad and doesn't raise the risk of heart disease, major study claims

By Rosie Taylor
    29 June 2016

Butter is not bad for us and does not raise the risk of heart disease, a major study has found.

Scientists discovered eating one tablespoon of butter a day had little impact on overall mortality, no significant link with cardiovascular disease and strokes – and could even have a small effect in reducing the risk of diabetes.

The robust research - one of the largest meta-studies to be carried out on the health effects of butter - adds weight to growing calls for the end of the 'demonising' of the dairy product and other saturated fats.

It follows reports earlier this month that the Government is reconsidering its advice to restrict saturated fat intake to limit the risk of heart disease, after two recent studies found no link.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...dy-claims.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I highly recommend:

Attachment 5060
    I was just about to do the same thing!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Good fats are good for you. And necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I highly recommend:

Attachment 5060
    I love Kerrygold. If I cannot get Kerrygold I get organic butter from a Mennonite farm or make it myself with raw cream.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Butter tastes so good. It seems deeply embedded in our DNA. My 4yo granddaughter will eat butter all by itself. Whoever invented Butter Buds commits food perversion.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Butter is NOT bad and doesn't raise the risk of heart disease, major study claims

Scientists discovered eating one tablespoon stick of butter a day had little impact on overall mortality...
    pretty sure that's what they meant to say

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    pretty sure that's what they meant to say
    Don't say that you'll have farreri's head spin off his shoulders.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Good fats are good for you. And necessary.
    Yep. You can't even lose weight w/o fats.

Whodda thunk?
    There is no spoon.

My grandmother had cardiovascular issues, bypass, etc. They told her no butter, no nuts, no eggs, no mayo, no avocados, etc. They told her to use Crisco and non-dairy creamer.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    My grandmother had cardiovascular issues, bypass, etc. They told her no butter, no nuts, no eggs, no mayo, no avocados, etc. They told her to use Crisco and non-dairy creamer.
    How else do you expect that they be able to maintain payments from her insurance company for "treatment" meds the rest of her life? That's problem, reaction, solution 101.

That's unfortunate. Is she still alive?

�� That's about the worst thing you can eat.
    #NashvilleStrong

By Rosie Taylor
    29 June 2016

Butter is not bad for us and does not raise the risk of heart disease, a major study has found.

Scientists discovered eating one tablespoon of butter a day had little impact on overall mortality, no significant link with cardiovascular disease and strokes – and could even have a small effect in reducing the risk of diabetes.

The robust research - one of the largest meta-studies to be carried out on the health effects of butter - adds weight to growing calls for the end of the 'demonising' of the dairy product and other saturated fats.

It follows reports earlier this month that the Government is reconsidering its advice to restrict saturated fat intake to limit the risk of heart disease, after two recent studies found no link.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...dy-claims.html
    Does anybody actually pay attention to these studies?

I eat what I like.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

SMH. I hope she didn't follow their orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    How else do you expect that they be able to maintain payments from her insurance company for "treatment" meds the rest of her life? That's problem, reaction, solution 101.

That's unfortunate. Is she still alive?
    SMH. I hope she didn't follow their orders?
    That was quite a while ago. She followed their orders, and she had sky high triglycerides and bad cholesterol until it killed her. She had breakfast cereal with non-dairy creamer because she was told not to use milk. And yes, she took massive amounts of whatever drugs they prescribed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That was quite a while ago. She followed their orders, and she had sky high triglycerides and bad cholesterol until it killed her. She had breakfast cereal with non-dairy creamer because she was told not to use milk. And yes, she took massive amounts of whatever drugs they prescribed.
    Sorry to hear that, man. It sucks, for sure.

The "adherence policy" narrative is something that is becoming popularized of late by way of social media campaigns as well. I've even seen it here on the forum. I had described it in depth. Unfortunately, forum search only returns "sorry no search terms blah..blah...blah.." so I can't share it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-30-2016 at 10:27 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is such a shame--it's that era of people who think wo/men in white coats are gods. I am so sorry for your loss.

Note that the piece only considered one tablespoon of butter a day. Does not say that tons of butter are also good for you. Not a meaningful study.

Moderate consumption of just about anything will have "little impact on overall mortality".
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-30-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Does not say that tons of butter are also good for you.
    You might try two tablespoons a day, Zippy. You would see a lot more joy in life if you did.
    #NashvilleStrong

Having an English muffin with enough melted butter on it that every bite drips...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Having an English muffin with enough melted butter on it that every bite drips...
    Mmm. That sounds sooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sorry sir- you have just gone over your one tablespoon a day limit. Put the muffin down now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sorry sir- you have just gone over your one tablespoon a day limit. Put the muffin down now!
    Only way I'm putting it down now is with a splash in the morning...