Thread: Lindsey Graham Calls for Roy Moore to Step Aside but Defends Bob Menendez

Lindsey Graham Calls for Roy Moore to Step Aside but Defends Bob Menendez

The Democratic senator is accused of sex with underage prostitutes, but Graham told a New Jersey court that he's an honorable man
    by Margaret Menge | 12 Nov 2017

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said on Friday that if the allegations against Alabama candidate for U.S. Senate Roy Moore are true, he should step aside, and “should be dealt with severely.”

But Graham not only hasn’t called for Democrat Sen. Bob Menendez (N.J.), accused of having sex with underage prostitutes, to step aside — he also went to New Jersey on his own dime two weeks ago to testify as a character witness in Menendez’s corruption trial, telling the judge that Menendez is “very honest” and “honorable.”
    More: http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/l...-bob-menendez/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We live in the Twilight Zone.

BTW I would be cheering if a meteor hit the Capitol building while Congress was in session.

So, that should push Moore back up a couple points.

I'd give all my worldly wealth for 5 minutes behind the woodshed with Lindsey.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Democratic senator is accused of sex with underage prostitutes, but Graham told a New Jersey court that he's an honorable man
    WTF? Yeah, this is the Twilight Zone.

What hypocrisy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

AIPAC Brotherhood

Menendez reminded AIPAC earlier this year he's an unwavering moral compass pointing due east.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    AIPAC Brotherhood

Menendez reminded AIPAC earlier this year he's an unwavering moral compass pointing due east.
    But Graham has been suggesting they should register as foreign agents.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's not what he said:

I’m not suggesting AIPAC’s doing anything wrong, quite the contrary. They’re a group of Americans who have banded together to maximize their influence to speak about something important to them that involves a foreign ally. So I think the AIPAC model is a good thing and that’s not my concern. Because they’re very transparent, they have conventions, and we all know how the game’s played there. So I just want to make sure that lobbying on behalf of a foreign government or a US relationship with a foreign government is not a bad thing so long as you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    That's not what he said:

I’m not suggesting AIPAC’s doing anything wrong, quite the contrary. They’re a group of Americans who have banded together to maximize their influence to speak about something important to them that involves a foreign ally. So I think the AIPAC model is a good thing and that’s not my concern. Because they’re very transparent, they have conventions, and we all know how the game’s played there. So I just want to make sure that lobbying on behalf of a foreign government or a US relationship with a foreign government is not a bad thing so long as you do it right.
    It still isn't good publicity, they prefer the shadows.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He coould be hinting that they need to up their donations to him, he's a bonafide tool of AIPAC and war lobbies:

Lindsey Graham
    Chairman, Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs, United States Senate
    Senator Graham was elected to represent South Carolina in the United States Senate in 2002. A stalwart supporter of the U.S.-Israel relationship, Senator Graham is the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations and Related Programs. He is responsible for writing the annual foreign bill, which includes $3.1 billion in assistant for Israel, and has authored several provisions that link Palestinian aid to actions they may take at the United Nations. It is hard to think of any pro-Israel initiative over the last ten years that Senator Graham has not played a major role in helping to secure.
    http://events.aipac.org/nrs/speakers1/lindsey-graham/

Someday if you hear him questioning gay wedding cakes in his arguments, it won't mean he is opposed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He coould be hinting that they need to up their donations to him, he's a bonafide tool of AIPAC and war lobbies:

Lindsey Graham
    Chairman, Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs, United States Senate
    Senator Graham was elected to represent South Carolina in the United States Senate in 2002. A stalwart supporter of the U.S.-Israel relationship, Senator Graham is the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations and Related Programs. He is responsible for writing the annual foreign bill, which includes $3.1 billion in assistant for Israel, and has authored several provisions that link Palestinian aid to actions they may take at the United Nations. It is hard to think of any pro-Israel initiative over the last ten years that Senator Graham has not played a major role in helping to secure.
    http://events.aipac.org/nrs/speakers1/lindsey-graham/

Someday if you hear him questioning gay wedding cakes in his arguments, it won't mean he is opposed to them.
    I have no illusions that he has joined the light side, I am simply confused by the wrigglings of the swamp creature.

Your suggestion that he is trying to negotiate more donations from them is pretty good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, that should push Moore back up a couple points.
    If only we could find out what pushes Graham down a thousand or so points.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'd give all my worldly wealth for 5 minutes behind the woodshed with Lindsey.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I'd wager that if the world knew the truth about things that Lindsey has secretly engaged in, the hypocrisy here would be even more stark.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    That takes Linsay back a ways...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another Deep Stater Ron Paul always talked about, joins the growing list of domestic foes the constitution warned us about.

GOP Senators Believe Roy Moore's Accusers But Not Donald Trump's

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senators-believe-roy-moore-apos-232401331.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If my memory serves me at all, Graham was on the committee that investigated Bill Clinton. I guess he forgot all about that. Maybe he shouldn't be such a loudmouth.

link
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi