Thread: Some folks are not observing covid social distancing

Some folks are not observing covid social distancing

H/T Drudge but it's NBC reporting:

People seen CLIMBING OVER EACH OTHER for tests...

New testing sites are popping up this week in city subway stations as the rush to test continues. It also comes as vaccine mandates expand to some of the strictest in the entire country, now aimed at private employers. NBC New York’s Gaby Acevedo and Jessica Cunnington report.

While the true number of COVID-positive New Yorkers on any given day is unclear for a number of reasons, omicron has clearly asserted itself as the most infectious variant to date. Testing demand has grown so intense people are literally climbing over one another, hands outstretched, in a bid to land free at-home kits.

People form a large crowd on Christmas Eve in Brooklyn as they try to get COVID-19 testing kits from city workers.
    Hochul on Monday repeated the same mantra she has in every COVID briefing she has done over the last month as numbers have spiked, saying, "This is not March of 2020. We have tools at our disposal. The question is how we're deploying them."
    New York, like many states, has seen hours-long lines for COVID testing amid soaring national demand. Hochul says the state sent 600,000 tests to New York City at the end of last week and is working to bring more direct resources. She said Monday the state had ordered 37 million testing kits and was awaiting full delivery.
    Up to 3.5 million COVID tests due to arrive in the state have been pre-allocated to schools, 2 million of them to New York City, the nation's largest public district.

And to give credit where due, there are many more examples of people forming organized long waiting lines for covid testing:

Georgia Coronavirus Testing

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These people have given in to the fear. So what if you have it? Unless you have serious symptoms requiring medical treatment there is no reason to be tested. Did we used to get tested for the common cold virus every time we had a sniffle?

I'm guessing part of it could be due to fear of unknown/uncertainity for some folks.
    Some of these people could be listening to advice on NBC Biz TV channels where a prominent host (Jimmy Kramer) has been saying that he gets tested twice a day or daily using some quick test kit (if I recall correctly). But then he touts lots of other products/businesses too.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    These people have given in to the fear. So what if you have it? Unless you have serious symptoms requiring medical treatment there is no reason to be tested. Did we used to get tested for the common cold virus every time we had a sniffle?
    They've made it so you need to have a negative test in order to resume living your life. Either that or take jabs every time they tell you to.

So, you have those people. Then, you have the hypochondriacs that will fill up the hospitals because they got validation that a test does confirm they have Covid and they're probably awaiting certain death. Still another group of people that want to see if they're allowed to blame their unvaccinated coworkers for trying to kill them.

See? Lots of reasons to get tested.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    They've made it so you need to have a negative test in order to resume living your life. Either that or take jabs every time they tell you to.

So, you have those people. Then, you have the hypochondriacs that will fill up the hospitals because they got validation that a test does confirm they have Covid and they're probably awaiting certain death. Still another group of people that want to see if they're allowed to blame their unvaccinated coworkers for trying to kill them.

See? Lots of reasons to get tested.
    I've never had a test or shot, never will. I live my life normallly.

Those folks have become nothing but sheep. Lambs to the slaughter.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

When the doomsday virus first began, many of the top celebrities and "movers-and-shakers" went into full lockdown, in their multi-million dollar deep-underground bunkers. Some still have not come out. Many of these people are considered to be "insiders". How you react to a news headline shows what you really believe about it. The vast majority of people tend to be cautiously optimistic when bad news headlines hit. But even for the most paranoid among us, it was blatantly obvious by late 2020 that the doomsday virus was absolutely not the end of the world or anything close to it. And yet these people continued to remain locked in their bunkers. Why? What were they told beforehand? What were they shown? Or even, what did they participate in? Did some/all of these "insiders" receive bioweapon vaccinations before the doomsday virus hit the headlines? Did they have good reasons to believe (aka foreknowledge) that the doomsday virus was actually an extremely deadly bioweapon, despite it being passed off on the news as a serious, flu-like disease, but with low death-rate? Was the fake news of overflowing hospitals/morgues primarily directed to an audience of insiders? Questions worth asking...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 12-27-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The american people are dumbasses akin to the mentally deficient

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't get it. If I don't feel good, I just stay home until I do. I am not going to go somewhere and wait wait in a line with a bunch of other people for a technician to tell me whether I am sick or not. I already know that answer.

Totally agree with you dude. We all must care about it! In this hard times, you can ask for help this writers https://www.assignmentmasters.co.uk/nursing-assignment/ if you need any type of help with paper tasks!
    Last edited by mikeblue; 12-29-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't get it. If I don't feel good, I just stay home until I do. I am not going to go somewhere and wait wait in a line with a bunch of other people for a technician to tell me whether I am sick or not. I already know that answer.
    Pretty sure Cap’s got it:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

What concerns me more than COVID is the vaccine and that test they ram up your nose and almost into your brain.

David Byrne is playing at Saint James Theatre NY NY with some unplugged version of American Utopia with tickets for $58. Proof of vaccinations and or negative tests required. Maybe in a few months they will pay people to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    David Byrne is playing at Saint James Theatre NY NY with some unplugged version of American Utopia with tickets for $58. Proof of vaccinations and or negative tests required. Maybe in a few months they will pay people to attend.
    Boogity... yawn.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I've never had a test or shot, never will. I live my life normallly.
    That's my way, too. Thankfully I live in a "red state". If I lived in any of the "blue" areas, I would have moved out long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    That's my way, too. Thankfully I live in a "red state". If I lived in any of the "blue" areas, I would have moved out long ago.
    I just left Maine for Florida. I'll never have to worry about any covid crap here. Maine was going bad quickly under the new democratic governor, perhaps LePage will win again and fix things.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.