Thread: Yes, there is a difference between the GOP and Democrats

Exclamation Yes, there is a difference between the GOP and Democrats

Under a leftist House and Senate, gun ban bills come up every day it seems.

From NH Firearms Coalition:

Dear AF,

There is no end to the anti-gun onslaught in Concord this legislative season.

Senate:

In the Senate, HB1660, 'ELDERCARE GUN CONFISCATION', was passed by the committee and is being voted on by the full Senate on Wednesday. Call your Senator and the Governor 603-271-2121 and demand that this bill be killed. This is urgent; we are hearing that the Anti-Gun politicians want to send this bill to the Governor's Desk as soon as next week.

House:

This is an extra-busy week on the House floor by the full House of Representatives. These are the firearms related bills coming before the full House for a vote this week: Please contact your own State Reps and ask them to oppose passage of these bills. Your State Rep can be found here: http://gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/default.aspx

HB1349 – “Establishing a committee to study firearms incidents involving children with access to unsecured firearms.” Primarily a Democrat bill with 1 Republican supporting it. As the state ranked 3rd in terms of safety, and with one of the highest firearm ownership in the country, do we need to enact legislation to require that firearms are locked, separated from ammo, and secured at all times? Further, “The committee shall study the scope, causes of, and factors involved in firearms incidents involving children.” NH has no gun violence issue, is extremely safe, and there is no need to form a committee to study a problem that does not exist. NHFC OPPOSES HB1349

HB 1350 – ‘The 2020 Gun Lock Tax’ “Requiring a locking safety device be provided for commercial firearm sales and transfers.” Without the least bit of statistical evidence to support their assertion, the bill reports that it is in everyone’s best interest to keep guns locked up to prevent accidents, injury or suicide. In this case, the legislature is mandating that all dealers, any gun show re-sellers of firearms and any citizen transfers must provide a locking device with the firearm, but there is an exemption for the buyer if they have a safe. Huh? The truth is that what our representatives are doing is attempting to force gun owners to keep their firearms under lock and key so that they won’t be accessible…that won’t work very well in an emergency situation and is not needed in NH. Remember, when seconds count…police are only minutes away. If the left gets their way, access to your firearm in an emergency will take even longer. The other major negative is this will drive up prices of firearms. NHFC OPPOSES HB1350

HB 1374 – ‘Surrender and Destroy Firearms Act’ The bill repeals the statute governing the voluntary surrender of firearms. Basically our legislature wants to make it so that voluntarily surrendered firearms can be destroyed instead of being sold or re-purposed by the state. This makes NO sense! HB1374 is clearly intended to destroy firearms, and that is just another indicator of just how far left our legislature has become. NHFC stands with leaving the existing law as currently written. NHFC OPPOSES HB1374

HB 1608 – ‘The 2020 Magazine Ban’ “Prohibiting the manufacture, sale, transfer, and possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.” This is strictly a Democrat sponsored bill. We knew this was coming, and here it is. Your representatives want to make it illegal to purchase or sell a rifle that holds more than 10 rounds, or a handgun that holds more than 15 rounds. Violations would be a class A misdemeanor. Since when does NH have a problem with these firearms? There is no constitutional basis for this law, nor any supporting statistical evidence that his bill is necessary…NHFC vigorously opposes this bill because statistics don’t lie. According to Statista, rifles were responsible for less deaths than from blunt objects, personal weapons (fists), other weapons not defined, and knives. Large capacity magazines don’t hurt anyone; people pull triggers, and facts don’t lie. NHFC OPPOSES HB1608

HB 1285 – ‘Criminal Empowerment Zones’ or “relative to possession of firearms on school property” bill. This is another Democrat only sponsored bill…no Republicans sponsored it. Besides making our kids unprotected targets, this bill will make law abiding citizens instant criminals should they stop to watch a ball game, pick up their kids or drive through a campus. “Founded by gun rights advocate John Lott, the Crime Prevention Research Center tracks mass shootings and whether they occur in “gun-free” zones. Between January 1998 and December 2015, the gun-advocacy group says 96.2% of mass public shootings occurred in gun-free zones.” (Azcentral.com) Gun free zones don’t work, and actually will make targets of our kids. NHFC OPPOSES HB1285

HB 1143 – “Repealing limited liability for manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition.” 100% partisan bill with only Democrat support. This bill allows for the radical left to shut down gun and ammo manufacturers and dealers by suing them to death. Currently there are provisions that limit this from happening which makes sense…do we sue Chevrolet when a drunk driver kills an innocent bystander? NOPE, but the left wants to get rid of guns, and by allowing lawsuits it opens the door to do so through this insidious bill. People pull triggers, and people need to take responsibility for their own actions, or be held responsible by law. NHFC VIGOROUSLY OPPOSES HB1143

HB 1115 – “Relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town.” Another 100% partisan bill with no Republican support. Raises the legal distance from structures for the discharge of a firearm from 300’ to 900’. Also allows towns to create their own rules and designations. Another way the left is making it harder for law abiding citizens to use firearms…incrementalism at its worst. The committee recommended that this bill be killed. NHFC OPPOSES HB1115 and agrees with the committee that the bill should be killed.

HB 1159 – “Political Incumbent Protection Act”, “Relative to cyberbullying, cyberstalking, and doxxing of a public servant.” Another 100% partisan Democrat bill with no Republican support. While not directly affecting firearms owners, this bill is very concerning for the following reasons. If you criticize a public official, you can be charged with a misdemeanor. If they make up a false allegation of being afraid of you after you criticize them, you can be charged with a misdemeanor. If you reveal their address, phone # or location, you can be charged with a misdemeanor. This sounds like a dystopian future on steroids, and buffers government employees needlessly from rightful review and public input, all by abridging citizens constitutionally protected right to free speech. NHFC vigorously opposes this bill. This bill is intended to shut down outside groups from publishing the records and contact information for those in office. NHFC OPPOSES HB1159

By now you should be seeing a dangerous trend happening at our state house. The radical left has hijacked the legislature and is ramming unnecessary, unconstitutional bills down the throats of NH citizens. Each of these bills are intended to attack, and abridge the rights of gun owners, and to further restrict how and where gun owners will be allowed to exercise their rights.

It is time to say NO MORE to these out of control Gun Grabbers, and take back our state.

For Liberty,
    Kirk Beswick
    President - NHFC, Inc.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Them Dems is busy.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey Proclaims March 10 ‘Abortion Provider Appreciation Day’
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...reciation-day/
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey Proclaims March 10 ‘Abortion Provider Appreciation Day’
    Death Cult.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, there is a difference between the GOP and Democrats

Under a leftist House and Senate, gun ban bills come up every day it seems.
    Perhaps but luckily Rightist White House would act as a gate and anything anti-liberty would get vetoed by Rightist-In-Chief.
    Can't locate controversial Ben Garisson's Left Right Tyranny March cartoon right now, this meme as place holder for time being.

Does Team (R) support?

-The police state
    -Foreign wars and intervention
    -Militarized police
    -For profit prisons
    -The war on drugs
    -Sending weapons of war to the militarized police state
    -Check points
    -Fusion centers

The “differences” continuously presented are token and quite an insult to liberty. At least team (D) are honest about their anti liberty positions. I still claim that the differences are merely illusions to control the masses. The growing tyranny we live under supports my claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Does Team (R) support?

-The police state
    -Militarized police
    -For profit prisons
    -The war on drugs
    -Check points
    -Fusion centers

The “differences” continuously presented are token and quite an insult to liberty. At least team (D) are honest about their anti liberty positions. I still claim that the differences are merely illusions to control the masses. The growing tyranny we live under supports my claim.
    I don't blame @Anti Federalist for thinking about himself, his family & his state.

In his state the only thing that threatens his liberty and well being is a GOP governor who can use his veto to stop the leftist agenda. But I suspect it's only a matter of time until the Democrats control pretty much everything there then they can do what they want.

Ron Paul always reminded us that politics starts at the local level.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That mayor is a $#@!ing wackjob.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Yeah I am pretty close to having come full circle here.

From 1992 to 2008 I was a single issue voter, and that issue was rtkba.

Then "Ron Paul cured my apathy" and I thought, for almost 2 years, that change within the system was possible.

Then I saw the system break old mens' hips and shut down state conventions rather than play by its own published rules, once things started going a direction the system didn't condone.

So I stopped voting.

Now I have no choice but to vote because here in Virginia, the options are clear. There are three options: vote, give up the single issue that is the only reason I ever voted to begin with, or become a felon and watch my family starve.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Does Team (R) support?

-The police state
    -Militarized police
    -For profit prisons
    -The war on drugs
    -Check points
    -Fusion centers

Truest words. I am out of + Rep for you.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

Then "Ron Paul cured my apathy" and I thought, for almost 2 years, that change within the system was possible.

Then I saw the system break old mens' hips and shut down state conventions rather than play by its own published rules, once things started going a direction the system didn't condone.

So I stopped voting.

Now I have no choice but to vote because here in Virginia, the options are clear. There are three options: vote, give up the single issue that is the only reason I ever voted to begin with, or become a felon and watch my family starve.
    Bingo.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Does Team (R) support?

-The police state
    -Militarized police
    -For profit prisons
    -The war on drugs
    -Check points
    -Fusion centers

Many of those things you mentioned are banned or extremely curtailed in my state, due to GOP voting majorities in the NH House and Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Perhaps but luckily Rightist White House would act as a gate and anything anti-liberty would get vetoed by Rightist-In-Chief.
    Can't locate controversial Ben Garisson's Left Right Tyranny March cartoon right now, this meme as place holder for time being.

Yeah.

I get it.

You made your point, Trump is a flip flopper and cannot be trusted to keep his word or even stay consistent from day to day.

Any objective observer was already well aware of that.

So, duly noted and placed in the record...moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

So I stopped voting.

That's actually a really good argument.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Republicans are better on Judges,Guns,Taxes,Immigration & Social issues.
    Democrats are right on nothing. Having said that I hate the GOP too but less!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Many of those things you mentioned are banned or extremely curtailed in my state, due to GOP voting majorities in the NH House and Senate.

Possibly. I am in one of the reddest states in the country, but live under heavy taxation and tyranny. YMMV for sure!

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Does Team (R) support?

-The police state
    -Militarized police
    -For profit prisons
    -The war on drugs
    -Check points
    -Fusion centers

True. But there is a nuance to option three. Local elections are extremely important. People in Virginia are starting to realize that states rights are a fiction. Parts of Virginia are nullifying state law.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.