Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama proclaims "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month"

Short chicks get access to a larger dating pool according to wiki. Must not be all bad, that and you can always use the 5th seat in a compact car.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    How about short people? Short people are bullied in school. Did you know short people make less money than their tall counterparts? Has there ever been a short president?

There needs to be a law to bridge this gap because short people are obviously treated less than equal.
    Madison's the shortest president at 5'4''. Although I would wager most of the people who voted for him never actually knew what the man looked like...
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a gay man I have to say, "This is just gay!".

No segment of the population should ever need a special month, other than Veterans.

I bet he wore platform shoes.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Jesus was allegedly pretty short, at least if you consider the average height during His lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Is God mad that I worked Sunday too?
    God also wants us to destroy any clay pots which are touched by women who have their period. The Bible is an interesting read.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Is God mad that I worked Sunday too?
    Technically, the Sabbath was originally on Saturday but whatever. Keeping of the Sabbath is only required of Jews, not Christians.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    As a gay man I have to say, "This is just gay!".

No segment of the population should ever need a special month, other than Veterans.
    Yeah, I'd support that, except for the veterans who just couldn't get a better job and wanted to get the hell out of the podunk one Walmart one MacDonalds cesspool of a town they were born into. But, yeah, the rest of the veterans.

Double Standard

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2010 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon all Americans to observe this month by fighting prejudice and discrimination in their own lives and everywhere it exists.
    Obama wants us to "fight prejudice and discrimination in our own lives," but he would definitely not fight against the prejudice and discrimination towards those people who have moral/social problems with LGBTs.

Let that be another testimony that our federal government is not neutral when it comes to the moral affairs of its citizens. We have our own President supporting immoral behavior, and we wonder why we're no closer to liberty in our nation.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

<--Is expecting by page 5 for the morality police to show up and proclaim how evil and immoral this is blah blah blah
    Wrong... page 4
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

But wouldn't that overlap with Acne Awareness Month?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not exactly pro-gay by any stretch. But I really could care less. Also June is all kinds of months. It's whatever you want to pay attention to I guess.

I got this in an email a couple days ago:

AFRICAN-AMERICAN MUSIC APPRECIATION MONTH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...ciation-Month/

The legacy of African-American composers, singers, songwriters, and musicians is an indelible piece of our Nation's culture. Generations of African Americans have carried forward the musical traditions of their forebears, blending old styles with innovative rhythms and sounds. They have enriched American music and captured the diversity of our Nation. During African-American Music Appreciation Month, we honor this rich heritage.

This legacy tells a story of ingenuity and faith. Amidst the injustice of slavery, African Americans lifted their voices to the heavens through spirituals. This religious music united African Americans and helped sustain them through one of the darkest periods in our Nation's history. Years later, spirituals contributed to the advent of a new form of music: gospel. Both styles incorporated elements of African music and were rooted in faith.

The African-American music tradition also reflects creativity and individualism. Blues, jazz, soul, and rock and roll synthesize various musical traditions to create altogether new sounds. Their novel chord progressions, improvisation, and mood showcase individual musicians while also creating a cohesive musical unit. In addition, African-American composers have thrived in traditional genres such as musical theater, opera, classical symphony, and choral music, providing their unique imprint and creatively growing these forms of music. All of these contributions are treasured across America and the world.

During African-American Music Appreciation Month, we recall the known and unknown musicians who helped create this musical history. Their contributions help illuminate the human experience and spirit, and they help us reflect on our Nation's ongoing narrative.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as African-American Music Appreciation Month. I call upon public officials, educators, and all the people of the United States to observe this month with appropriate more activities and programs that raise awareness and foster appreciation of music which is composed, arranged, and performed by African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I'm not exactly pro-gay by any stretch. But I really could care less. Also June is all kinds of months. It's whatever you want to pay attention to I guess.

I got this in an email a couple days ago:

AFRICAN-AMERICAN MUSIC APPRECIATION MONTH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...ciation-Month/
    I'm cool with that, brother man. White people love black music.

YouTube - Martha & the Vandellas - Heatwave

Would "Heterosexual Pride Month" be homophobic?

Would "White Pride Month" be racist?

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    Would "Heterosexual Pride Month" be homophobic?

Would "White Pride Month" be racist?

- ML
    In support of the free markets, I think we should start a libertarian-conservative infotainment organization to be called White Entertainment Television (W.E.T.). We could cover important topics like Obama's inability to serve as president because he was born in Africa, the Progressive agenda of Mexicans in America, and the Zionist Jews' agenda to destroy America!

Barack Obama doesn't care about white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    In support of the free markets, I think we should start a libertarian-conservative infotainment organization to be called White Entertainment Television (W.E.T.). We could cover important topics like Obama's inability to serve as president because he was born in Africa, the Progressive agenda of Mexicans in America, and the Zionist Jews' agenda to destroy America!

Riiiiiiiiight.

I think less people would be offended by a white shame month than a white pride month, unfortunately.

Go for it.

Thumbs down

My thread is now epic fail. Thank you all very much.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    My thread is now epic fail. Thank you all very much.

I wouldn't say that. Sometimes I need a break from all the insanity in the world.

matt collins, this is an issue we all could pose some intense questions to jack conway about...

Wow... I don't even remember posting this thread.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Is there a staight pride month?

I'm such an anti-minority. Straight white Christian male . I demand favorable hiring and free money.
    what's truly pathetic is if you had a "Christian Pride Day", "White Pride Day", "Male Pride" day, or the like, you'd be ridiculed as the most bigoted, racist person there is....I fail to see how it's any different to elevate a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    what's truly pathetic is if you had a "Christian Pride Day", "White Pride Day", "Male Pride" day, or the like, you'd be ridiculed as the most bigoted, racist person there is....I fail to see how it's any different to elevate a minority.
    LOL... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...13#post2758813

Notice the time of the posting. LOL

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    LOL... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...13#post2758813

Notice the time of the posting. LOL
    You know what they say about great minds =p

but gee, wow, same exact time; that's pretty impressive.

How about a "I'm a Human and that's all that really $#@!ing matters" Month.
    +1
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Well, if they were as concerned about being PC as they pretend to be, they'd declare a 'Group or Tribe of Your Choice Day' and be done with it.

If you don't want in on the riot, just stay away from the parade. Simple, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does this mean they gotta feel ashamed every other month of the year?

We all missed the hammer that was going to crush us.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    We all missed the hammer that was going to crush us.
    Obama was always a key player in fundamentally transforming America.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Obama was always a key player in fundamentally transforming America.
    You can see from these responses that many did not take them seriously, including me.

Would any of have been so laissez-faire if we knew, just 10 years later this would be in store:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664248278903590912

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664077185530105857

https://twitter.com/i/status/1663322740697493505

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12