Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De-transitioned teen sues Kaiser Permanente for performing double mastectomy on her at 13

De-transitioned teen sues Kaiser Permanente for performing double mastectomy on her at 13

De-transitioned teen sues Kaiser Permanente for performing double mastectomy on her at 13: 'Intentional fraud'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/de-tra...entional-fraud

20 March 2023

De-transitioned teenager Layla Jane is suing Permanente Medical Group and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, the medical providers who performed a double mastectomy on her when she was just 13 years old after beginning to identify as transgender two years before.

Now 18 years old, Jane is accusing the hospital system of "intentional fraud and concealment" involving her gender transition, alleging the doctors pushed her into the procedure and characterized her gender transition as the only way to treat her preexisting mental health problems.

"I don't think I should've been allowed to change my sex before I was legally able to have sex," Jane told Fox News' Laura Ingraham last Thursday.

"I don't think I'm better off for the experience, and I think transitioning just completely added fuel to the fire that was my preexisting conditions."

Jane said she previously struggled with mental health, including suicidal ideation, before deciding to transition going into adolescence. Her attorney Harmeet Dhillon alleged Jane's caregivers failed to administer the necessary mental health treatments before performing the double mastectomy and never informed her that 80% to 90% of teens eager to transition desist from doing so.

"Informed consent was missing here," Dhillon said during the segment. "It is impossible for a child to give informed consent, and it is impossible for parents who are not fully informed and with a child that was not properly treated [cannot] also give that consent."

Jane's lawsuit, according to reports from The Blaze, alleged doctors warned her of an increased risk of suicide if she failed to transition to male, adding that they gave her parents a binary option of living with a "live son" or suffering the consequence of having a "dead daughter."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the threat of lawsuits will stop this medical malpractice.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One can only hope. That's already happened in the U.K.

The Tavistock clinic got sued...

The British Health Services shut down Tavistock's gender clinic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62335665
    @Anti Federalist, thanks for posting this. I'm adding it to the "Abused, confused and misused transgenders" thread.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-01-2023 at 12:05 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Sometimes, you have to let them $#@! on the carpet before you can rub their nose in it. It's horrific that the costs are ultimately borne by innocents but the reason for that is that we have long since shredded the Constitution, so there are countless ways to legally abuse power and get away with it. So, of course, people will do it, until they make such a mess that they have to be stopped by force. It's not just a tragedy but a wholly foreseeable and preventable tragedy...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The "Doctors" and Hospitals involved should have to deal with some very negative consequences.

But where are the "parents" in all this?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Statutes and regulations will soon make lawsuits impossible or incredibly difficult for anyone regretting their decisions. All it will take is for conservatives, Republicans and the right to fully embrace the trans issue. They have already made their bed with the LGBQ crowd. All that's missing is the T. I give it 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The "Doctors" and Hospitals involved should have to deal with some very negative consequences.

But where are the "parents" in all this?
    It sounds like in this case they were given bad information by the clinic who was profiting off of the procedure. I don't think that fully absolves them, but it certainly put them in a bad spot. If they fought the clinic and were able to forego the medical intervention and their daughter did commit suicide, would the courts hold them liable for child abuse leading to the death of their child? Sick, sad world.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Statutes and regulations will soon make lawsuits impossible or incredibly difficult for anyone regretting their decisions. All it will take is for conservatives, Republicans and the right to fully embrace the trans issue. They have already made their bed with the LGBQ crowd. All that's missing is the T. I give it 4-5 years.
    WTF happened to the "Right" ?

Is there any issue they wont cave on?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Conservatives"...

Just what, exactly, are you trying to conserve?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    One can only hope. That's already happened in the U.S.

The Tavistock clinic got sued...

The British Health Services shut down Tavistock's gender clinic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62335665
    @Anti Federalist, thanks for posting this. I'm adding it to the "Abused, confused and misused transgenders" thread.
    I should have done that, actually.

But this is the first I've heard of lawsuits.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I should have done that, actually.

But this is the first I've heard of lawsuits.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.
    Actually I'm glad you posted a separate thread. Information like this if vital not just because it's the most effective way to push back but also because this reiterates the fact that many people who are against child transitioning are motivated by concern as opposed to hate. If an 18 year old wants to jump off a cruise ship into shark infested waters that's on him. If a 13 year old wants to do that...well at the very least the rest of the people on the ship shouldn't help and applaud.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump embraced the gay lobby in 2016.

Almost the entire right embraced and congratulated Dave Rubin for buying eggs and renting women's wombs so he and his partner can have some babies...babies that will never know their actual mothers. Ron DeSantis gifted him a onesie to show his support.

These are the political leaders on the right, folks. These are the leaders of the party of "family values."

They will absolutely cave on trannies. Just call Blaire White by his real pronouns and see what happens.

It's not about the letters. It's about actions. People don't want to see children screwed up. There are transgenders who have come out against kids transitioning and there are drag queens who have come out against drag queen story hour. People forget that up until 1994, there was a "P" with the rainbow coalition and it didn't stand for "pride." In 1994 Clinton pressured pride groups to dump NAMBLA. Had that not happened there probably never would have been pride month in the first place.

Please see:

People forget that up until 1994, there was a "P" with the rainbow coalition and it didn't stand for "pride." In 1994 Clinton pressured pride groups to dump NAMBLA. Had that not happened there probably never would have been pride month in the first place.
    Apparently so have I.

Can you cite a source for that?

Not being snarky, but that's powerful ammo, and if I'm going to drop a Tsar Bomba on somebody, I want to make sure my powder is dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Apparently so have I.

Can you cite a source for that?

Not being snarky, but that's powerful ammo, and if I'm going to drop a Tsar Bomba on somebody, I want to make sure my powder is dry.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ve_Association

ILGA controversy
    Main article: International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association § Controversy and loss of UN consultative status

In 1993, the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) achieved United Nations consultative status. NAMBLA's membership in ILGA drew heavy criticism and caused the suspension of ILGA. Many gay organizations called for the ILGA to dissolve ties with NAMBLA. Republican Senator Jesse Helms proposed a bill to withhold US$119 million in UN contributions until U.S. President Bill Clinton could certify that no UN agency grants any official status to organizations that condoned pedophilia.[16] The bill was unanimously approved by Congress and signed into law by Clinton in April 1994.[17]

In 1994, ILGA expelled NAMBLA— the first U.S.-based organization to be a member[12]—as well as Vereniging Martijn and Project Truth,[17] because they were judged to be "groups whose predominant aim is to support or promote pedophilia".[citation needed] Although ILGA removed NAMBLA, the UN reversed its decision to grant ILGA special consultative status. Repeated attempts by ILGA to regain special status with the UN succeeded in 2006.[18]

Partially in response to the NAMBLA situation,[17] Gregory King of the Human Rights Campaign later said, "NAMBLA is not a gay organization ... they are not part of our community and we thoroughly reject their efforts to insinuate that pedophilia is an issue related to gay and lesbian civil rights".[19] NAMBLA said, "man/boy love is by definition homosexual", that "the Western homosexual tradition from Socrates to Wilde to Gide ... [and] many non Western **** sexualities from New Guinea and Persia to the Zulu and the Japanese" were formed by pederasty, that "man/boy lovers are part of the gay movement and central to gay history and culture", and that "homosexuals denying that it is 'not gay' to be attracted to adolescent boys are just as ludicrous as heterosexuals saying it's 'not heterosexual' to be attracted to adolescent girls".[19]

And I shouldn't have said "Clinton pressured pride groups." I should have said "Republicans FORCED Clinton to pressure pride groups." The bill passed unanimously and Bill signed it meaning there was no cover. I really think what's going on today is the NAMBLA wing is trying to worm it's way back now that the rainbow coalition has become so mainstream.

It's not about the letters. It's about actions. People don't want to see children screwed up. There are transgenders who have come out against kids transitioning and there are drag queens who have come out against drag queen story hour.
    Normalizing adult LGBTQ deviancy will inevitably result in normalizing it for children. The revolution will not stop because you want it to stop.

EDIT: Just after I submitted this reply, the term MAPs is trending on Twitter. Just in time for Pride Month.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Normalizing adult LGBTQ deviancy will inevitably result in normalizing it for children. The revolution will not stop because you want it to stop.

EDIT: Just after I submitted this reply, the term MAPs is trending on Twitter. Just in time for Pride Month.
    Yeah....that wasn't my point. My point is that it's not that conservatives haven't embraced the "T" yet. Trump embraced Kaitlan Jenner about the same time he brought the rainbow flag into the RNC. Conservatives have a problem with the "P" (although they might go with "M" now). The current backlash is literally about protecting women and children. The bathroom fight wouldn't even be a fight if it were transwomen that actually looked like women going in there. (Don't ask don't tell). But when you've got full bearded dudes in heals going in? Yeah that's a problem. There are a few pushing against "gender affirming care" for adults, but most states just want to stop that for kids.

Edit: And yeah I get it. There are those on the left who will keep pushing for MAP rights. I'm just addressing what's triggered the backlash from consevatives.

Hopefully this will start some chain reaction and others who de-transitioned also start filing lawsuits.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Yeah....that wasn't my point. My point is that it's not that conservatives haven't embraced the "T" yet. Trump embraced Kaitlan Jenner about the same time he brought the rainbow flag into the RNC. Conservatives have a problem with the "P" (although they might go with "M" now). The current backlash is literally about protecting women and children. The bathroom fight wouldn't even be a fight if it were transwomen that actually looked like women going in there. (Don't ask don't tell). But when you've got full bearded dudes in heals going in? Yeah that's a problem. There are a few pushing against "gender affirming care" for adults, but most states just want to stop that for kids.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about what is going on currently. My point was that this backlash that you speak of will fade over time.

Sexual ethics is a line in the sand that needed to be drawn decades ago. The party of "family values" has embraced no fault divorce, gay marriage/gay adoption and is now slowly embracing trannies. How long will it be before conservatives start to argue that the government has no right to tell their kids that they aren't allowed to express their true selves?

I'm not disagreeing with you about what is going on currently. My point was that this backlash that you speak of will fade over time.

Sexual ethics is a line in the sand that needed to be drawn decades ago. The party of "family values" has embraced no fault divorce, gay marriage/gay adoption and is now slowly embracing trannies. How long will it be before conservatives start to argue that the government has no right to tell their kids that they aren't allowed to express their true selves?
    "Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit." -- Michael Malice

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

It is pretty sad state of affairs that Christianity has embraced the "Woke" ideology.

Sorry, who's Blaire White?

Trump embraced the gay lobby in 2016.

Almost the entire right embraced and congratulated Dave Rubin for buying eggs and renting women's wombs so he and his partner can have some babies...babies that will never know their actual mothers. Ron DeSantis gifted him a onesie to show his support.

These are the political leaders on the right, folks. These are the leaders of the party of "family values."

They will absolutely cave on trannies. Just call Blaire White by his real pronouns and see what happens.
    Blaire White's real name is Blaire White. People change names all the time. That's even in the Bible. What were the "real" names of Abraham, Israel and Paul? As for pronouns, in English "you" is gender neutral. I never got that "My pronouns are" thing. If you're taking to me I don't expect you to say "him." If I'm not around and you're talking about me, well I hope it's good. It's only an issue when there are three or more people talking and you say something about someone to someone else. For trans people I avoid using pronouns altogether. In other word's "Blaire" is my pronoun for "Blaire." And I generally don't call people "sir" or "ma'am" especially if I'm not sure. One irritation for me as a naturally born, and still am, male is that sometimes people who don't know me call me "ma'am" on the phone or over intercom systems. I don't at all think I have a female voice and nobody that I've ever asked about this thinks that, but somehow that comes across over electronic signals. That happened to me yesterday at McDonalds. I work an IT help line as my main job and sometimes I have callers with female sounding voices but typical male names. (I haven't had the reverse yet as far as I can recall).

Maybe you consider this "caving in" but my position is "What's the point?" What do I gain from trying to look up the name of someone just so I can call that person by a name that person never uses now? I feel different about people I knew before transitioning. If I have strong memories of you as "Joseph" those memories are not tied to "Josephine." Interestingly enough you see Jacob and Israel used interchangeably throughout the Bible, but Abraham and Paul are never called by their "dead names" once their names were changed.

Anyway, from a spiritual perspective I look at how Jesus treated the woman at the well. When He told her "You have five husbands, and the man you are living with is not your husband" it was clear he was neither condemning her as a person nor condoning her lifestyle. He acknowledged what was going in her life while He was offering her a much better life in every possible way. When she asked Him a direct theological question, worship in Jerusalem or in the mountains of Samaria, Jesus was direct but again not confrontational and ultimately offered something more. "You Samaritans don't know what you worship. Salvation is of the Jews. But eventually this Jerusalem/Samaria place of worship thing won't even matter because God is a Spirt. He's everywhere and He wants worshippers in spirit and in truth."

Recently High School Musical star Joshua Bassett took flack from the left for joining a conservative church that supports "conversion therapy." Now here's the funny part. Joshua is openly gay. Note I didn't say "was" openly gay. So even though there were no "rainbow flags" at the church signally they accepted his lifestyle, he felt comfortable joining. I think Jesus approves of that. The Bible says "By beholding we become changed." If Josh isn't comfortable enough to come to a church that upholds Biblical standards then how is he going to behold Jesus long enough to change?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-02-2023 at 05:43 AM.

Sorry, who's Blaire White?
    Blaire is self described as "a transwoman who rejects gender ideology and trans activism."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit." -- Michael Malice
    One cannot possibly describe this situation any more succinctly.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I suspect and hope there will be many more lawsuits in the coming years. This child abuse for profit needs to end asap!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Second Lawsuit Filed in US Against Medical Transition of Minors
    Layla Jane accuses the defendants of “gross negligence” that led to permanent disfigurement.
    https://www.realityslaststand.com/p/...wsuit-filed-in
    Christina Buttons (14 June 2023)

The second legal action against a U.S. healthcare provider involving a case of childhood medical transition has been launched.

The suit was filed on behalf of Kayla Lovdahl, a young woman who was medically transitioned as a child. Lovdahl (also known as Layla Jane, her pen name) is seeking justice against the Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and the clinicians who facilitated her transition from age 12 to 17. This process included puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and a double mastectomy performed when she was just 13 years old.

The lawsuit was filed by the Center for American Liberty, alongside Dhillon Law Group and LiMandri & Jonna LLP. They accuse the defendants of medical negligence, leading to “substantial injury” through chemical and surgical sex-change interventions carried out while Lovdahl was a minor. Despite the issuance of a Notice of Intent to Sue on March 15, 2023, the defendants failed to respond within the stipulated 90-day period, precipitating the subsequent lawsuit.

“The law says children aren’t mature enough to make serious decisions that could have long lasting consequences like getting a tattoo, driving with friends, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, or even voting,” said Lovdhal. “So why is it acceptable for 13-year-olds to decide to mutilate their body?”

Harmeet Dhillon, the CEO of the Center for American Liberty, also represents Chloe Cole, another young woman seeking legal action against the same institutions and doctors for facilitating her transition as a minor. Dhillon said she is committed to holding the defendants accountable and intends to “strongly deter Kaiser’s factory-line approach that permanently mutilates an unknown number of American children, subjecting them to a lifetime of harm, regret, and medical consequences.”

According to the lawsuit, Lovdahl exhibited various mental health symptoms during her childhood, which went largely unaddressed despite her parents’ concerns and a family history of mental health problems. At 11, Lovdahl identified as transgender and socially transitioned to living as a boy. However, the lawsuit alleges that the defendants failed to sufficiently evaluate or treat her mental health symptoms, and instead affirmed her self-diagnosed transgender identity without thorough evaluation. Lovdahl started hormone treatment and puberty blockers at 12, underwent a double mastectomy at 13, and detransitioned at 17. She then started regular psychotherapy for her mental health issues.

The lawsuit claims the defendants breached the standard of care by rushing Lovdahl into a transition process without proper evaluation of her co-occurring mental health issues. Furthermore, it alleges that they did not provide thorough informed consent by withholding information about the risks and outcomes of the treatment. The lawsuit accuses the defendants of “gross negligence” that led to permanent disfigurement, referring to their practices as experimental rather than genuine care.

The suit cites studies showing high desistance rates of childhood gender dysphoria, suggesting that 80-90% of cases are resolved by adulthood. It also highlights the persistence of psychological distress among transgender individuals who undergo transition treatments, including increased risks of psychiatric disorders and suicide. Also mentioned are the systematic evidence reviews conducted in the U.K. and several other European countries that found the risks associated with puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones outweigh their benefits, and sufficient research on their long-term impact is lacking.

The defendants are accused of failing to provide appropriate informed consent. It’s suggested that regular psychotherapy would have been necessary to fully understand Lovdahl’s psychological condition and to provide a comprehensive understanding of her options and risks. They are alleged to have failed to disclose desistance/detransition rates and their limitations in predicting detransition, as well as to inform her about the dearth of high-quality studies in the field and the experimental nature of the treatment.

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants have actively promoted transgender treatment, including for minors, with misleading advertising on their websites. It argues that financial and political incentives have led to the expansion of transgender programs, sidelining sound medicine and science. As a result, Lovdahl has suffered permanent bodily damage, including irreversible mutilation, endocrine disorders, mental health issues, fertility risks, loss of feminine characteristics, and emotional distress.

This lawsuit marks Lovdahl as the eighth detransitioner globally to take legal action against medical providers that facilitated their chemical and surgical transition. She is seeking punitive damages “based on evidence of malice, oppression, and fraud.” The claim does not stipulate a specific monetary sum but seeks general damages, special damages, pre-judgment interest, legal costs, and any other relief the court deems appropriate. The exact sum will be determined during the trial.

While the exact number of detransitioners is unknown, and more research is needed, cases appear to be steadily rising. Recent studies have revealed a growing trend where individuals, upon detransitioning, acknowledge that their transgender identity was a temporary coping mechanism for their distress. Approximately three-quarters of detransitioners never inform their initial treating providers about their decision to detransition.

Despite these findings, the experiences of detransitioners are often overlooked or downplayed as infrequent. This dismissal is largely based on studies with considerable methodological flaws, including high rates of loss to follow-up, which can potentially exclude those who suffer the most severe consequences. Moreover, these rates are derived from adults who transitioned under circumstances that are substantially different from those facing today's youth, who often proceed without thorough psychological evaluations.

Current data suggests that 10-30% of individuals detransition a few years after starting their transition. A recent US-based comprehensive review of medical records that found 30% of teens and young adults had discontinued “gender-affirming” hormones after 4 years. Another US study from this year that challenges the notion that detransition is rare found that 29% of youth changed their requests for hormone treatment, surgery, or both.

Detransitioners are bringing to light several important issues, with many experiencing regret and suffering from irreversible and adverse outcomes from cross-sex hormones and gender-affirming surgeries. Some believe they were not in a position to give informed consent due to their age or mental health issues at the time of decision-making.

Watch: Detransitioner Chloe Cole sits down for the first full-length interview with Layla Jane.

The Unseen Side of Early Transition, Mastectomy at 13 Years Old | Layla Jane Fights Back!
    I interview my good friend and personal hero Layla Jane. She is actively suing Kaiser Permanente and some of the same doctors that I was harmed by. You can find more information about her lawsuit here: https://libertycenter.org/cases/layla/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWslwe3W1c

May this trickle become a flood until the personal injury lawyers start advertising "If you or a member of your family received gender affirming care as a minor and you now regret it, please call this number so we can help you to receive compensation."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Second Lawsuit Filed in US Against Medical Transition of Minors
    Layla Jane accuses the defendants of “gross negligence” that led to permanent disfigurement.
    https://www.realityslaststand.com/p/...wsuit-filed-in
    Christina Buttons (14 June 2023)

The second legal action against a U.S. healthcare provider involving a case of childhood medical transition has been launched.

The suit was filed on behalf of Kayla Lovdahl, a young woman who was medically transitioned as a child. Lovdahl (also known as Layla Jane, her pen name) is seeking justice against the Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and the clinicians who facilitated her transition from age 12 to 17. This process included puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and a double mastectomy performed when she was just 13 years old.

The lawsuit was filed by the Center for American Liberty, alongside Dhillon Law Group and LiMandri & Jonna LLP. They accuse the defendants of medical negligence, leading to “substantial injury” through chemical and surgical sex-change interventions carried out while Lovdahl was a minor. Despite the issuance of a Notice of Intent to Sue on March 15, 2023, the defendants failed to respond within the stipulated 90-day period, precipitating the subsequent lawsuit.

“The law says children aren’t mature enough to make serious decisions that could have long lasting consequences like getting a tattoo, driving with friends, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, or even voting,” said Lovdhal. “So why is it acceptable for 13-year-olds to decide to mutilate their body?”

Harmeet Dhillon, the CEO of the Center for American Liberty, also represents Chloe Cole, another young woman seeking legal action against the same institutions and doctors for facilitating her transition as a minor. Dhillon said she is committed to holding the defendants accountable and intends to “strongly deter Kaiser’s factory-line approach that permanently mutilates an unknown number of American children, subjecting them to a lifetime of harm, regret, and medical consequences.”

According to the lawsuit, Lovdahl exhibited various mental health symptoms during her childhood, which went largely unaddressed despite her parents’ concerns and a family history of mental health problems. At 11, Lovdahl identified as transgender and socially transitioned to living as a boy. However, the lawsuit alleges that the defendants failed to sufficiently evaluate or treat her mental health symptoms, and instead affirmed her self-diagnosed transgender identity without thorough evaluation. Lovdahl started hormone treatment and puberty blockers at 12, underwent a double mastectomy at 13, and detransitioned at 17. She then started regular psychotherapy for her mental health issues.

The lawsuit claims the defendants breached the standard of care by rushing Lovdahl into a transition process without proper evaluation of her co-occurring mental health issues. Furthermore, it alleges that they did not provide thorough informed consent by withholding information about the risks and outcomes of the treatment. The lawsuit accuses the defendants of “gross negligence” that led to permanent disfigurement, referring to their practices as experimental rather than genuine care.

The suit cites studies showing high desistance rates of childhood gender dysphoria, suggesting that 80-90% of cases are resolved by adulthood. It also highlights the persistence of psychological distress among transgender individuals who undergo transition treatments, including increased risks of psychiatric disorders and suicide. Also mentioned are the systematic evidence reviews conducted in the U.K. and several other European countries that found the risks associated with puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones outweigh their benefits, and sufficient research on their long-term impact is lacking.

The defendants are accused of failing to provide appropriate informed consent. It’s suggested that regular psychotherapy would have been necessary to fully understand Lovdahl’s psychological condition and to provide a comprehensive understanding of her options and risks. They are alleged to have failed to disclose desistance/detransition rates and their limitations in predicting detransition, as well as to inform her about the dearth of high-quality studies in the field and the experimental nature of the treatment.

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants have actively promoted transgender treatment, including for minors, with misleading advertising on their websites. It argues that financial and political incentives have led to the expansion of transgender programs, sidelining sound medicine and science. As a result, Lovdahl has suffered permanent bodily damage, including irreversible mutilation, endocrine disorders, mental health issues, fertility risks, loss of feminine characteristics, and emotional distress.

This lawsuit marks Lovdahl as the eighth detransitioner globally to take legal action against medical providers that facilitated their chemical and surgical transition. She is seeking punitive damages “based on evidence of malice, oppression, and fraud.” The claim does not stipulate a specific monetary sum but seeks general damages, special damages, pre-judgment interest, legal costs, and any other relief the court deems appropriate. The exact sum will be determined during the trial.

While the exact number of detransitioners is unknown, and more research is needed, cases appear to be steadily rising. Recent studies have revealed a growing trend where individuals, upon detransitioning, acknowledge that their transgender identity was a temporary coping mechanism for their distress. Approximately three-quarters of detransitioners never inform their initial treating providers about their decision to detransition.

Despite these findings, the experiences of detransitioners are often overlooked or downplayed as infrequent. This dismissal is largely based on studies with considerable methodological flaws, including high rates of loss to follow-up, which can potentially exclude those who suffer the most severe consequences. Moreover, these rates are derived from adults who transitioned under circumstances that are substantially different from those facing today's youth, who often proceed without thorough psychological evaluations.

Current data suggests that 10-30% of individuals detransition a few years after starting their transition. A recent US-based comprehensive review of medical records that found 30% of teens and young adults had discontinued “gender-affirming” hormones after 4 years. Another US study from this year that challenges the notion that detransition is rare found that 29% of youth changed their requests for hormone treatment, surgery, or both.

Detransitioners are bringing to light several important issues, with many experiencing regret and suffering from irreversible and adverse outcomes from cross-sex hormones and gender-affirming surgeries. Some believe they were not in a position to give informed consent due to their age or mental health issues at the time of decision-making.

Watch: Detransitioner Chloe Cole sits down for the first full-length interview with Layla Jane.

The Unseen Side of Early Transition, Mastectomy at 13 Years Old | Layla Jane Fights Back!
    I interview my good friend and personal hero Layla Jane. She is actively suing Kaiser Permanente and some of the same doctors that I was harmed by. You can find more information about her lawsuit here: https://libertycenter.org/cases/layla/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWslwe3W1c

The lawsuits need to include the schools and those in authority that promote the ideology.

Should obese people sue those that sell food? Should gun manufacturers be sued for guns? Should alcohol companies be sued?

The crime is elevated to the top of government which now makes it parental abuse to not support this insane agenda.

Soon Hitler's actions will be seen as a small step and attempt to help humanity in comparison to what is happening now. Kinda how watergate was a nothing burger when compared to what takes place now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast