Thread: Have you ever started a neighborhood watch?

Have you ever started a neighborhood watch?

If so, got any advice? Some folks in my neighborhood are interested in the idea due to an increase in vandalism in the neighborhood lately. I'm hoping it lets people watch out for each other and keeps the kops out of the neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-01-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    They tend to be sponsored by the local police - so I don't know how much the police are going to be kept out of the neighborhood. The police were actually conducting neighborhood meetings in my neighborhood.

What does everyone plan on doing if they spot a vandal? Typically they'll call the police. Otherwise, you'll end up sounding like London Bobbies, "Stop! Or I'll say 'Stop' again." (that's pretty much all you're allowed to do)

Then the "neighbor" in charge of the whole shebang started using the contact list (email, phone) as a personal distribution for dissemination of political propaganda (and who knows who else it was sold to). So that's when I decided to opt out

===Edited to add ===
    If you have surveillance cameras, they'll register that information, and coordinate placement so that you get maximum coverage of your neighbors' properties. And if there's been an "incident" the police will come looking for your footage.
    Sorry about selling your info .

Neighborhood watches are started by talking to neighbors.

Theres an app that my dad uses where neighbors report suspicious activity. Don't remember what the name of the app was.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge