Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebekah Bydlak - We need this woman in Washington really bad

So excited for Rebekah. The primary field is very crowded with contested candidates. Even a second place finish would be a victory.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Results not in for Rebekah yet but Dan Bongino got squashed.

http://enight.elections.myflorida.co...epresentative/
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    per politico

Republican

56.8% Reporting
    M. Gaetz 36.4% 26,274
    C. Dosev 21.4% 15,459
    G. Evers 20.1% 14,536
    R. Bydlak 8.0% 5,782
    J. Zumwalt 7.9% 5,713
    B. Frazier 3.9% 2,802
    M. Wichern 1.2% 868
    G. Fairchild 1.2% 838

Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Hate to say I called it, but I called it :-/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    She had little to no support from the liberty movement until the last week or so. We aren't a really effective arm at getting people elected.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    She had little to no support from the liberty movement until the last week or so. We aren't a really effective arm at getting people elected.
    20 something year olds are not very good at getting elected to anything, especially Congress, on the first try. As I originally pointed out, she ran in the wrong race. If

She had run for country commission or city council, then there would have been a very good chance she would have won
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Plus you need party support. That is what split her from the 5% and the 20% receivers.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

20 something year olds are not very good at getting elected to anything, especially Congress, on the first try. As I originally pointed out, she ran in the wrong race. If

She had run for country commission or city council, then there would have been a very good chance she would have won
    There are 7600 people in the district who voted for her, a ton of people in the liberty movement who know her name because Ron Paul and Justin Amash endorsed her, and a ton more people who worked on her campaign that will work toward liberty in who knows what ways in the future. People like Rebekah who actually take the step to do things like this are winning. Armchair quarterbacks on the sideline are losing.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

I don't think it's a good idea to chase these federal offices, especially with no record. But it's not like her running was a bad thing though. Maybe she has the recognition now to win a more local race.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder how many times liberty candidates will have to lose before they learn to embrace the populist anti-establishment wave in the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to chase these federal offices, especially with no record. But it's not like her running was a bad thing though. Maybe she has the recognition now to win a more local race.
    Most politicians lose an election or two in their careers. Not surprising that she didn't win. Its good to get the experience. And she has the big gunn connections that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Most politicians lose an election or two in their careers. Not surprising that she didn't win. Its good to get the experience. And she has the big gunn connections that's for sure.
    I agree.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    I wonder how many times liberty candidates will have to lose before they learn to embrace the populist anti-establishment wave in the GOP
    Oh, you mean the other authoritarian big government wave? Then they wouldn't be liberty candidates.
    "The Patriarch"

What liberty-oriented candidate were you backing this year?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't think we've seen the last of her. She's a great writer and public speaker.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

In a field of eight candidates, there was nothing that made her stand out or would have voters prefer her over the seven others, anyway. This loss is hardly surprising.

You ride someone else's wave, you're beholden to their ideas. What are those populists gonna do when our people vote to cut the military? They'll say that we're "selling out to the dirty Muzzlims." Or when our people vote to demilitarize the police? They'll be called race traitors. What if President Trump does something horrificly anti-liberty? When our people oppose him, they'll be enemy #1 of the Trump hoardes.

Don't get me wrong. I think a Liberty-based populist anti-establishment message is good and would work better than what Rebekah did, which was kind of the standard "I'm the next generation!" thing that makes old people think of you as a 12-year old. But the Trump movement is NOT our movement. I didn't join the liberty movement to stop the "browning of America" as Ann Coulter would say. Sorry.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Oh, you mean the other authoritarian big government wave? Then they wouldn't be liberty candidates.
    I just don't want stubborn folks like you to keep blowing it for the liberty movement with your terrible strategy, that's all.

So which populist anti-establishment candidates won this year? All I saw were establishment wins up and down the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So which populist anti-establishment candidates won this year? All I saw were establishment wins up and down the board.
    Still couldn't have possibly done worse than the liberty movement has this year nationally.

Agreed. Certainly the most important races to the liberty movement are New Hampshire House and New Hampshire Senate races because of the Free State Project.

Ramsey mentioned that Liberty for All is currently focusing states like New Hampshire, where there is a “culture of liberty.” He noted that during the 2014 midterm election cycle, Liberty for All was “successful in about 30 races,”
    http://truthinmedia.com/disrupt-podc...ty-candidates/

That said, I've known Rebekah for years and am proud of what she accomplished!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Still couldn't have possibly done worse than the liberty movement has this year nationally.
    All of the primaries haven't happened yet. The most important races are the New Hampshire House and New Hampshire Senate races. See the primary recommendations here. http://libertyballot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    All of the primaries haven't happened yet. The most important races are the New Hampshire House and New Hampshire Senate races. See the primary recommendations here. http://libertyballot.com/
    Hopefully the FSP boosts us in NH. I think that all liberty-minded folks should look locally or at the state level for races in the future. Built a resume, show you have what it takes to lead, and then work your way up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    That said, I've known Rebekah for years and am proud of what she accomplished!
    I agree that given the fact that it was a stretch to every think she would win the race, her fundraising was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    In a field of eight candidates, there was nothing that made her stand out or would have voters prefer her over the seven others, anyway. This loss is hardly surprising.
    Exactly, especially since her narrative wasn't that good, and she did not fit the profile for this race.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What liberty-oriented candidate were you backing this year?
    A few local people, but I am no longer in the politics business for the short term.

It was bad because it consumed resources, including emotional energy. Defeats like this are very demoralizing to the grassroots, especially after they get pumped. Also, think of what those resources could have done for a state or local race? Instead they have probably turned a bunch of people off, and wasted a lot of money. The only way this isn't true is if she runs for a state or local office and wins as a result of her name recognition from this race (which I hope she does)

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    There are 7600 people in the district who voted for her, a ton of people in the liberty movement who know her name because Ron Paul and Justin Amash endorsed her, and a ton more people who worked on her campaign that will work toward liberty in who knows what ways in the future. People like Rebekah who actually take the step to do things like this are winning. Armchair quarterbacks on the sideline are losing.
    Maybe, again it depends on what she does with her lists. If she uses them productively, then yes it could be a win, even if not an electoral victory. Time will tell. And no, I am not an armchair quarterback lolz.

And no, I am not an armchair quarterback lolz.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Good one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast