Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson Can't Name a Single World Leader That He Respects (mod edit)

Between the two of them they could only name the two most open border leaders on the planet, Vincente Fox and Merkel. That says allot about where their priorities are.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-29-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, they take the traditional libertarian open borders position. YMMV.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Whatever position they take, they have to know that these questions are going to come up and they need answers to them. Even if I agreed on 50% of what Gary Johnson says he stands for, I still could not vote for him because he is never prepared for anything. That shows he has no respect for the voters, and he thinks his sheeple will just vote for him because.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Keep on justifying his ignorance. This is a man who wants to be President of the United States. He wants a job that would require him to meet these world leaders and interact with them. If he can't name a single one he respects, then it is one more reason he should not be president. Negotiating with people starts and ends with respect.
    Whatever position they take, they have to know that these questions are going to come up and they need answers to them. Even if I agreed on 50% of what Gary Johnson says he stands for, I still could not vote for him because he is never prepared for anything. That shows he has no respect for the voters, and he thinks his sheeple will just vote for him because.
    No one's voting for him because they think he's going to be president. It's a protest vote, just like any other year. Except this year the Libertarian candidate is polling a few points higher than he usually does. He will never be in the White House and he will never have to negotiate with any world leaders.
    Last edited by jct74; 09-29-2016 at 02:53 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Between the two of them they could only name the two most open border leaders on the planet, Fox and Merkel. That says allot where their priorities are.
    Weld started with Shimon Peres, as an Israel hat-tip is expected of any American politician. Now he could have said Netanyahu, but Peres is consistent with them leaning more to the left, not the right (Likud).
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-29-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They are really trying to "finish him" today. On CNN, they are putting together all of his gaffs, and saying that he is disqualified.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Who is it YOU are humping, Phil?
    I suspect it's someone a bit more feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are really trying to "finish him" today. On CNN, they are putting together all of his gaffs, and saying that he is disqualified.
    Threat level 3.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

I'm going to take a wild guess and say they've probably never put together a reel full of video and pictures revealing all of Hillary's health problems.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I could honestly care less if he has a few goofs. He's not a crook like Clinton and Trump. If he actually somehow became president, he would have aides and advisors to brief him on world leaders he is about to meet.

They must be scared.
    There is no spoon.

So, what "world leader" do you respect? Answer immediately. I can't.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How does ClinTrump have respect for the voters?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So, what "world leader" do you respect? Answer immediately. I can't.
    He should have known better not to try to answer it in the first place.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-29-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He should have know better not to try to answer it in the first place.
    I agree. However it's easy to say when you aren't the one in the lights. I'm not a Johnson supporter but this seems like a dumb thing to go after him about.

It's fine to say there are none, just not the way he did. He tried to be cute and it is backfiring in the MSM majorly. I guess Gary has just plain given up. I hope the LP has learned its lesson. Go with the ideological hardcore Libertarian next time. Daryl Perry or someone. No more Gary Johnsons.

I agree. However it's easy to say when you aren't the one in the lights. I'm not a Johnson supporter but this seems like a dumb thing to go after him about.
    Agree.
    There is no spoon.

Elsewhere in the interview:

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    GJ: "We should not be involved in regime change."
    GJ: "There have been three polls now conducted among active military personnel and I've been on top of these three polls."
    BW: "Wars have unintended consequences, both economic and military and moral."
    BW: "Militarily, all the weapons that we armed the rebels with in Syria and Libya wind up in the hands of ISIS."
    GJ: "As a result of those interventions, our men and servicewomen are getting killed, they're getting maimed, they're getting injured for the rest of their lives. And in this case, hundreds of thousands of innocents in these countries that get caught in the crossfire of these civil wars."
    GJ: "What are you gonna do about these atrocities? You know what, the atrocities are real. But what's not being realized is that when we go in to support regime change to address those atrocities, the situation ends up to be the same or worse in many situations."
    Great stuff also about Syria and troops on the ground, drugs are not a criminal justice issue and free market solutions to environmental problems.

Johnson is a threat to Chris Matthews' adoration of Clinton. Ask yourself why the only clip from that interview you can find on Youtube is this supposed gaffe.
    Reposting myself again because I think it stinks that nobody here has any comments on the actual substance of the message that he trotted out to whoever was watching Hardball. euphemia can't even be bothered to give her habitual dismissal. That "mistake" was, like, 15 seconds of a 10-minute interview that contained some of the most off-the-handle anti-intervention talk to be seen in the media in the last 4 years. THAT'S why you're being diverted to 15 seconds that don't matter. Look! A squirrel!

Only for lefty libertarians.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

lol. Go support fox and Merkel then.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    guys been in the lights before. He panicked
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Sorry, we've been to dinner. Look, this is the fact: Your guy is running for President of the United States. He shows up for interviews wholly unprepared to answer basic questions about things a President deals with every day. I suspect this kind of attitude is why New Mexico is in worse shape today than before Johnson was governor. What a mess.

Just to be clear, agreeing with a leader is not the same as respecting how they conduct themselves go about business. We really thought a lot of David Cameron. He is a good man with respect for people, and he had the sense to resign when he could see the majority were no longer with him. We disagreed with him about Brexit. But it wasn't his mess to begin with, so it was hard to do the right thing politically and keep everyone happy.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    guys been in the lights before. He panicked
    He panicked, he stumbled...call it what you will. I don't care. If he's pulling votes from Hillary like they say what do you care? I just don't see what the big deal is, so he had a brain fart. WTF? You've never had one?

He panicked, he stumbled...call it what you will. I don't care. If he's pulling votes from Hillary like they say what do you care? I just don't see what the big deal is, so he had a brain fart. WTF? You've never had one?
    This is a lot of brain farts for someone who wants to be President. I can't trust Johnson to be prepared to do the job.
    #NashvilleStrong

Say what you will. he's finally getting press. And they've even asked Hillary about him. In other words, the press is acknowledging a third party.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Say what you will. he's finally getting press. And they've even asked Hillary about him. In other words, the press is acknowledging a third party.
    The Johnson's bloopers and blunders reel has been running all day on CNN. He's getting a lot of coverage. They aren't even hiding the fact that they want Johnson out because they think he is taking votes away from Hillary.

This is a lot of brain farts for someone who wants to be President. I can't trust Johnson to be prepared to do the job.
    Well, who do you trust to be prepared to do the job?

Don't worry. He's never going to be president. But if that's what you want to base your vote on, how prepared he is for a job he's never going have, go ahead and do that. I'm basing my vote for him on other considerations.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, who do you trust to be prepared to do the job?

Isn't that obvious silly? The Great Orange Hope, of course! This IS, Donald Trump Forums, right? /s
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Exactly.

This is what its been about since the beginning and the purists can't get their $#@! together enough to understand that this is bigger than just libertarianism. Its sad to have to say this over and over again but many libertarians don't want to expand the tent, they like having a small club of circle jerkers so they can tell each how how right they are and how statist everyone else is.

That is why the libertarian party will fail, not the people who are looking to build coalitions.

If Gary (or anybody) can get more than 5% of the general vote, the Libertarian party gets acknowledgement from many states as major party status as well as federal funds for the next cycle. But yea, stay purist and keep getting 1% for the rest of your life.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast