Thread: Hunter Biden must appear in court after missing deadline in child support case

Hunter Biden must appear in court after missing deadline in child support case

He's got to show up in court or be found in contempt.

Hunter Biden allegedly blew a deadline to hand over financial materials in his child support case — and now must appear in Arkansas court next week and explain why he shouldn’t be held in contempt, a judge ruled Tuesday.

The son of former Vice President Joe Biden missed the Jan. 16 deadline to provide discovery, including financial disclosures, in the case brought by a former stripper with whom he has a 17-month-old, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Lawyers for 28-year-old Lunden Alexis Roberts — who, as The Post exclusively revealed in November, was a stripper at a Washington, DC, club Biden once frequented — said he failed to submit a slew of discovery materials, including his phone number, address and the address of his 32-year-old wife Melissa Cohen Biden, with whom he is expecting his fifth child.

He also allegedly didn’t hand in a copy of his 2017 and 2018 tax returns, a list of the companies he owns, a list of all his sources of income and other financial documents.

Biden, 49, must come to Independence County Circuit Court on Jan. 29 and “show cause, if any exists, as to why he should not be held in contempt for any of the alleged violations of this court’s orders,” Judge Holly Meyer ordered.
    https://pagesix.com/2020/01/21/hunte...-support-case/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this judge going to be receiving a "silver or lead" offer before next week?

I don’t have any respect for family courts, so won’t bag on the dude for this. No due process and discriminates against men. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I don’t have any respect for family courts, so won’t bag on the dude for this. No due process and discriminates against men. Not good.
    I agree that men get screwed in family court more times than not but, the thing is it is Hunter's father's party who helped to create this so it is only fair that he should have to man up like all the rest of the poor slobs. If he was smart he would have paid her off long before a court date ever entered the picture.

I know so many responsible men who have been screwed by family court is Joe's son above the law or something?
    Last edited by Working Poor; 01-22-2020 at 09:47 PM.

I don't think anybody here supports this kind of thing against innocent men, but it's funny because it is happening to Hunter Biden in the middle of the impeachment.

He was raking in over $80k/month to protect a company that was looting Ukraine via his dad's connections. Now Trump is being impeached for exposing his corruption, of all things..

That's why most people here can't take Amash seriously anymore. If he is f'real.. I mean come on, Trump was doing his job, he was doing the right thing and the moral thing. He did everything correct and he absolutely should have done it. Even if he did it 'wrong' and threatened the President like Biden did, or like the media and Adam Schiff claims Trump did (which he didn't), threatening him over and over, like Biden did, he still shouldn't be impeached.. But the fact that there was no pressure, no quid pro quo, it is just amazes us that anybody can be taking this seriously. Sorry to bring Amash into this, but I saw him make a really poorly thought out tweet on twitter today.

And I have yet to see anybody on here defend Amash and explain why Trump shouldn't be rooting out corruption. Nobody has made a convincing argument that what Biden did was not corrupt, or even really tried as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-22-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    And I have yet to see anybody on here defend Amash and explain why Trump shouldn't be rooting out corruption. Nobody has made a convincing argument that what Biden did was not corrupt, or even really tried as far as I can tell.
    I'm against Amash on impeachment. I've replied to some of his tweets but i'm afraid he's all in with the Democrats on this.

I don't think anybody here supports this kind of thing against innocent men, but it's funny because it is happening to Hunter Biden in the middle of the impeachment.

He was raking in over $80k/month to protect a company that was looting Ukraine via his dad's connections. Now Trump is being impeached for exposing his corruption, of all things..

That's why most people here can't take Amash seriously anymore. If he is f'real.. I mean come on, Trump was doing his job, he was doing the right thing and the moral thing. He did everything correct and he absolutely should have done it. Even if he did it 'wrong' and threatened the President like Biden did, or like the media and Adam Schiff claims Trump did (which he didn't), threatening him over and over, like Biden did, he still shouldn't be impeached.. But the fact that there was no pressure, no quid pro quo, it is just amazes us that anybody can be taking this seriously. Sorry to bring Amash into this, but I saw him make a really poorly thought out tweet on twitter today.

this
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The damage this guy has done in his life is wide & far

Not good.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is how the democrats project things that they do on others...this is the bait and switch deception. Hunter Biden is a degenerate and was able to get ahead because of who his father was.

For those of you who may not know: This prosecutor that got fired was the prosecutor who was looking into the corruption on Burisma and Hunter Biden.

It was Joe Biden and the Obama administration that held funds back until they got the results they wanted, not President Trump.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I agree that men get screwed in family court more times than not but, the thing is it is Hunter's father's party who helped to create this so it is only fair that he should have to man up like all the rest of the poor slobs. If he was smart he would have paid her off long before a court date ever entered the picture.

I know so many responsible men who have been screwed by family court is Joe's son above the law or something?
    I just don't like seeing anyone get robbed, even if they are an entitled piece of $#@! spawned by a family of grifters.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I just don't like seeing anyone get robbed, even if they are an entitled piece of $#@! spawned by a family of grifters.
    You don't seem to mind those same people robbing Trump of his Presidency.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is how the democrats project things that they do on others...this is the bait and switch deception. Hunter Biden is a degenerate and was able to get ahead because of who his father was.

For those of you who may not know: This prosecutor that got fired was the prosecutor who was looking into the corruption on Burisma and Hunter Biden.

It was Joe Biden and the Obama administration that held funds back until they got the results they wanted, not President Trump.
    Actually was fired for protecting the people they were supposed to be investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Actually was fired for protecting the people they were supposed to be investigating.
    That is incorrect.

The prosecutor came out and said that he was asked to drop the case into Burisma the first time and he said no, it's a valid case into money laundering and corruption, not going to drop it. Note that there were several cases, and one of the cases was active while the case that the media claims was dormant was one of the other cases.

Then later the prosecutor claims that they came back to him and asked him if he was a patriot.. because Ukraine needed the $1 billion for their military to fight Russia and if he didn't drop the case into Burisma, they wouldn't ge the $1 billion loan for military equipment. He still refused to drop the case. He couldn't believe their aid was contingent on that.

Then finally Biden went to Ukraine and gave them the ultimatum in person. This is when he (Shokin) was fired. Shokin was shocked.

That is incorrect.

The prosecutor came out and said that he was asked to drop the case into Burisma the first time and he said no, it's a valid case into money laundering and corruption, not going to drop it. Note that there were several cases, and one of the cases was active while the case that the media claims was dormant was one of the other cases.

Then later the prosecutor claims that they came back to him and asked him if he was a patriot.. because Ukraine needed the $1 billion for their military to fight Russia and if he didn't drop the case into Burisma, they wouldn't ge the $1 billion loan for military equipment. He still refused to drop the case. He couldn't believe their aid was contingent on that.

Then finally Biden went to Ukraine and gave them the ultimatum in person. This is when he was fired.
    The EU wanted him out for the same reason.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

Biden, allies pushed out Ukrainian prosecutor because he didn't pursue corruption cases

A whistleblower complaint centering on President Donald Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian president has spurred a number of allegations and counterallegations as Republicans and Democrats jockey for position amid an impeachment inquiry.

At the heart of Congress' probe into the president's actions is his claim that former Vice President and 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden strong-armed the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in order to thwart an investigation into a company tied to his son, Hunter Biden.

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

Shokin's inaction prompted international calls for his ouster and ultimately resulted in his removal by Ukraine's parliament.

Without pressure from Joe Biden, European diplomats, the International Monetary Fund and other international organizations, Shokin would not have been fired, said Daria Kaleniuk, co-founder and executive director of the Anti Corruption Action Centre in Kiev.

"Civil society organizations in Ukraine were pressing for his resignation," Kaleniuk said, "but no one would have cared if there had not been voices from outside this country calling on him to go."
    More at link.

Not only is this incorrect from a factual standpoint, it is also preposterous from a logical standpoint.

Are you trying to tell me that Biden had a prosecutor fired who was supposed to be looking into corruption of a company for whom his son sat on the board of directors?

Do you really expect us to believe that? Does that really sound reasonable to you?

The EU wanted him out for the same reason.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

More at link.
    More preposterous bull$#@!.

Do you even know who brought Hunter Biden onto the board of directors at Burisma?

He was a Ukrainian politician and oligarch.. Mykola Zlochevsky..

Zlochevsky was Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources from July 2010 until April 2012 and was the deputy secretary for Economic and Social Security on the National Security and Defense Council from April 2012 until February 2014 when Euromaidan occurred.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9147001.html

Lack of aggression was a description many would use for Shokin’s approach to the job in his third spell. Two of the people interviewed for this article described the former chief prosecutor as “lazy”, and uninterested in real investigations. Others noted a penchant for bonding with oligarchs over vodka in the bathhouse.

“He wasn’t exactly highly professional,” said one source, a current Kiev-based prosecutor who asked to remain anonymous. “Shokin would always sign documents without really looking at them. On the other hand, he’d let us get on with our jobs, and was quite democratic, which we all appreciated.”

Another source said Shokin’s tenure as Ukraine’s general prosecutor was “no more, but no less corrupt” than what went before it.

That, of course, was not a ringing endorsement. Since the fall of the USSR, the prosecutor general’s office has come to be considered one of the least trusted public institutions in Ukraine. In Soviet times, abuse of justice was ideological in nature, but the job was largely respected. Around the mid-1990s, corruption began to take over as the main driver. Over time, the institution degenerated into something resembling a legalised racket, sources say.

“When I joined we were doing 80 per cent honest endeavour, and 20 per cent corrupt,” says one prosecutor, who began his career in the late 1990s.

“Now things have switched, and it’s only 20 or 30 per cent honest. The main thing that matters is making the boss happy, and ultimately that means making the president happy. Everything else is for sale.”

The approach of Shokin’s office to the Burisma investigations fell into a well-practiced pattern of corruption, the anonymous prosecutor says. By the time of Biden’s intervention, there were no active investigations to speak of.

“If the idea was to get a result on the Burisma case, Shokin would have put his top people on it,” he says. “That didn’t happen. The aims were different.”
    For activists, Shokin’s prosecutorship is remembered for its failure to secure convictions for crimes of the previous regime. These include the killing of more than 100 protesters during the Euromaidan revolution.

“Shokin impeded those fighting for justice,” said Vitaly Tytych, a lawyer representing the families of the victims. “It is wrong to call what he did investigations. Because if there is one thing Shokin never did it is investigate.

Serhiy Horbatyuk, who headed the special investigation department which was eventually given responsibility for investigating the Euromaidan crimes, clashed with the leadership of the general prosecutor’s office.

“On Euromaidan, Shokin did not actively impede our investigations,” he says. “But he didn’t help them either. It seemed deliberate.”

By the time Joe Biden arrived in Kiev in December 2015 to issue his infamous ultimatum, Shokin had lost the support of all but 3.5 per cent of Ukrainians.

Many MPs were also clamouring for his dismissal.

First among them was Yehor Soboliev, then a reformist MP of the Samopomich faction and chair of the parliamentary anti-corruption committee. In July 2015, Soboliev pressed for a vote on Shokin’s ousting. The arithmetic was always against him, as the general prosecutor was a figure of the ruling coalition. But he came surprisingly close, collecting 127 signatures from a required 150. Several members of the ruling parties broke ranks to support his move.

“We were under no illusions,” Soboliev tells The Independent. “We saw how Shokin had made an art of dumping cases while pretending to investigate. How he was a symbol of ineffectiveness and stalling. How he was the embodiment of the post-Soviet prosecutor.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2020 at 12:30 PM.

@Zippyjuan now spinning for the Biden's. We must have touched a nerve..

"An anonymous prosecutor says"

LOL.. it's probably Mykola Zlochevsky

Again, this makes no sense logically. Why would Biden be upset that a Ukranian prosecutor was NOT investigating a company for which his son sat on the board of directors?? Your article says that Biden fired him because he wasn't investigating his son's company?? Again, do you really expect us to believe this bull$#@!?

Sorry, but Shokin did not have a single accusation of corruption against him ever. This anonymous source nonsense is ridiculous.

And he did have an active case against Burisma at the time, so this anonymous source is clearly lying.

"An anonymous prosecutor says"

LOL.. it's probably Mykola Zlochevsky

Again, this makes no sense logically. Why would Biden be upset that a Ukranian prosecutor was NOT investigating a company for which his son sat on the board of directors?? Your article says that Biden fired him because he wasn't investigating his son's company?? Again, do you really expect us to believe this bull$#@!?

Sorry, but Shokin did not have a single accusation of corruption against him ever. This anonymous source nonsense is ridiculous.

And he did have an active case against Burisma at the time, so this anonymous source is clearly lying.
    From the comments..

I find it odd that current reports on Shokin are far more negative than the reports from his time leading the PGO. Most notably is there are no negative reports until AFTER he announced Kasko would be heading corruption investigation in July 2015. Searching Kyiv Post archive for stories on Shokin or Kasko limiting to July and before...positive steps to root out corruption in the PGO and Ukraine. After is when reports turned negative.

The reports that started after progress was being made to identify and eliminate corruption are the one’s being given credence now. That indicates either poor research or an attempt to rewrite history.
    "The Patriarch"

Then if that is the truth why is Biden refusing to be questioned about it, in the sham impeachment hearing?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    @Zippyjuan now spinning for the Biden's. We must have touched a nerve..
    Zippy is mad because we all own real estate in his head.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

More preposterous bull$#@!.

Do you even know who brought Hunter Biden onto the board of directors at Burisma?

He was a Ukrainian politician and oligarch.. Mykola Zlochevsky..

No kidding, I wonder if Zip knows the relationship to the Bidens and the Victoria Nuland strong arm of Ukraine in 2014? And after all this....voila.....it's magic........ Biden's son and John Kerry's stepson appear on the Burisma board.

Not really sure how one can be informed on the subject and not have their BS detector go off about the Biden's and pressuring foreign governments for their own gain.

I'm not a poison the well type of guy, but I'm not buying generic lazy USA today story that says little of substance or depth over real world investigative journalism.

Serious question @Zippyjuan

Do you know who The Atlantic Council is?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

You don't seem to mind those same people robbing Trump of his Presidency.
    A coworker gets several texts/tweets/emails a day talking about giving so we can save the president from the ebil demoncrats. His campaign contributions have never been higher. There are not enough votes to remove him no matter a 3 hour or 3 year trial. It's the political equivalent of WWE Monday Night Nitro or some $#@!. I don't play the games that many do on here.

Enjoy your bread and circus.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's see what happens first.