Thread: Books on economics

Exclamation Books on economics

Can someone recommend some good books on free markets and free trade. Also I would like a book that outlines the problem with Keynesian economics.

Thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
    How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes by Peter Schiff
    What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray Rothbard

Milton Friedman produced a 10 part tv series "Free to Choose" in 1980 that is worth watching. You can watch the episodes online here.

Basic Economics Books:
    Concise Guide to Economics - Jim Cox
    Economics in One Lesson - Henry Hazlitt
    How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes - Peter Schiff
    Essentials of Economics - Faustino Ballve

Problems with Keynesian Economics:
    Where Keynes Went Wrong - Hunter Lewis
    The Failure of New Economics - Henry Hazlitt
    Tiger by the Tail - Friedrich Hayek
    The Economics of Illusion - L. Albert Hahn
    Last edited by matt0611; 12-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Basic Economics-Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Basic Economics Books:

Economics in One Lesson - Henry Hazlitt
    Highly recommend this one.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Start with this. Easy to read with short, to the point chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by jtyler View Post
    Can someone recommend some good books on free markets and free trade. Also I would like a book that outlines the problem with Keynesian economics.

Thanks
    Personally I don't think you need any stinking books. Or any stinking economic clown college degrees. Everything that they profess to teach they have went and broken.

Try studying this Super Dollar for about three minutes.

Once you have the basic fundamentals then other things should come into focus.

~No matter where your aunt Martha hid the cookie jar with her savings in it, others are able to slither in like vampires in the night and suck the strength out of it. This is an understatement. Actually the also suck the strength out of the cookie jar and everything else. EVERYTHING ELSE. See they're not actually creating any real wealth when they counterfeit. They are just shifting the property lines.

~Sure if they double the money supply your Uncle Phil gets twice as much when he sells his stocks but he is getting twice as many of something worth half as much. Plus some of the very people that counterfeited the money supply have now cut themselves in on his stuff with capital gains taxes. Capital gains that are only an illusion!

~They've broken banking in both directions. Banks don't pay us regular people enough to keep up with inflation. In the other direction, if you had money to lend you could never compete with the counterfeiters and their banks.

~No matter how much honest money you and the rest of the, "We the People's" of the world could come up with to build your world the way you want, others inside and outside of the country, have the ability to fire up the fake money presses and dictate their will.

~ Or how about this one. I don't imagine they even need to spend their own money to get what they want done at times. They just need to get others favorable to what they want, put into position or office and spend someone else's money to get what they want done.

If you must get a book, I think it best to go for something leather bound. We may be able to make soup with it later.

Carson, your Super Dollar makes me dizzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Carson, your Super Dollar makes me dizzy.
    I followed some lessons related to Akiyoshi's Snakes and made my own. I never could get the optical illusion to work very well in hard copy prints of Super Dollars. They kind of work if you cover a large area with a bunch.

Here is a link to some of Akiyoshi's work.

http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/index-e.html

Here is a link to how they work. Warning though. It is a PDF,

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucbpmor/docs/c...y3_mor_web.pdf