Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Secessionists formally launch quest for California's independence

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    The US government would allow California to secede over its dead body. Far too much economic activity would be lost.
    California needs to man up .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I have said here before I support a right to self determination - state and regional succession. In this case however seeing who is behind it and the reasons I just call bull$#@!.
    LOL...all their reasons are bull$#@!. None of them are rooted in individual liberty and freedom, just a bunch of crackpot regulatory state economics and identity politics.

Who cares...just so they go...who the hell cares if they turn into North Korea west?

Just go.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Anti Federalist, If it was a Conservative or Libertarian state it would be a different matter. On this one however I am rethinking my beliefs and are against it.

I could see down the road an independent California allowing mass Asian immigration as well as an open border with Mexico. Give it time they would have a large military, be beholden to foreign powers and pose a threat to the rest of the US or any smaller break away regions or states. The west would be so outnumbered we would all be screwed and have to submit to whatever fascist regime they impose.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I'd imagine other states will still be getting their fruits and nuts.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What about all the wine!!

@Anti Federalist, If it was a Conservative or Libertarian state it would be a different matter. On this one however I am rethinking my beliefs and are against it.

I could see down the road an independent California allowing mass Asian immigration as well as an open border with Mexico. Give it time they would have a large military, be beholden to foreign powers and pose a threat to the rest of the US or any smaller break away regions or states. The west would be so outnumbered we would all be screwed and have to submit to whatever fascist regime they impose.
    They cannot defeat us .
    Do something Danke

Meh, that's the Cuba argument.

If they have an open border with Mexico, then why would they not become a second world corrupt state, like Mexico?

Only difference is that everybody will have learned their lesson by then.

No, they want to go, we should encourage and facilitate that as much as possible.

Many will die before Sam gives up Silicon Valley

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They cannot defeat us .
    Which us

I have said here before I support a right to self determination - state and regional succession. In this case however seeing who is behind it and the reasons I just call bull$#@!.
    Yes, we know. He's brown, so he must not be smart enough to understand what he's really trying to do. We should really send him home and let the white folks decide the matter.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Which us
    LOL , The rest of us .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They can keep those over priced raisins , I can get 'em elsewhere
    Do something Danke

yeah...but what about all the whine?

There would never be another democratic or liberal president again without California. The democrats would never have a majority in congress or the senate again. The GOP probably would have a super majority.

Lets kick them out before they even try to leave.
    Last edited by 69360; 11-22-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    There would never be another democratic or liberal president again without California. The democrats would never have a majority in congress or the senate again. The GOP probably would have a super majority.

lolz, and never again would they hold the infamous popular vote.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Please, please, please let me lead a column of tanks and soldiers on a "March to the Sea" through California before they go. I'm sure all of those $#@!heads think it's cool that Sherman did it to the South. Why not reciprocate?

I'm not worried about it. I'm sure they'll still be willing to sell it. If they piss me off, I'll just buy Georgia wine or maybe I will winecede and make my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Please, please, please let me lead a column of tanks and soldiers on a "March to the Sea" through California before they go. I'm sure all of those $#@!heads think it's cool that Sherman did it to the South. Why not reciprocate?
    Most non-Southerners do. My New York in laws, for example. Hell, even my husband felt that way until I reeducated him. My sister in law told me we all deserved to die. Anyone owning a Confederate flag should be charged with treason and I should be charged with treason even though I've never owned one but because I'm a "sympathizer". True story.

I was never interested in owning one of those flags until I found out it was a trigger for her. I'm not really a flag person but I wanted to have a Confederate flag theme for my birthday party just to freak them out. Mr Animal wouldn't let me, though. He's a party pooper.

Interestingly, these same people moved here and complain that it's not like Buffalo. Everyone in Buffalo is smarter and works harder, btw. I keep reminding them that I-75 and I-85 head north and Delta is ready when they are but they won't go because they know the economy is $#@! up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only support it if the water, fuel, and transmission lines are cut at the border. Cal has passed restrictive environmental laws then craps in the backyards of neighboring states. This is followed up by their senators and reps dissing on how f'ed up the rest of the country's environmental regs are and basically rubbing the outlanders noses in the Callie-made sh't.

IMHO

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I expect those with means will summarily emigrate to the eastern 49.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Most non-Southerners do. My New York in laws, for example. Hell, even my husband felt that way until I reeducated him. My sister in law told me we all deserved to die. Anyone owning a Confederate flag should be charged with treason and I should be charged with treason even though I've never owned one but because I'm a "sympathizer". True story.

I was never interested in owning one of those flags until I found out it was a trigger for her. I'm not really a flag person but I wanted to have a Confederate flag theme for my birthday party just to freak them out. Mr Animal wouldn't let me, though. He's a party pooper.

Interestingly, these same people moved here and complain that it's not like Buffalo. Everyone in Buffalo is smarter and works harder, btw. I keep reminding them that I-75 and I-85 head north and Delta is ready when they are but they won't go because they know the economy is $#@! up there.
    You're welcome to come along!!!

Also, please don't send your in-laws up 75, they might decide to stay. We've got more than enough carpetbagging half-backs here in East Tennessee.

Will have to figure out how to get all those Asian imports from the California ports into Heartland USA.

Our local Savannah, GA port would love the potential for increased business.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Can't realistically hold 'em all accountable...

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

They should be forced out by any means . It is for the children.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    I'm sure TYT will be along to give California the same treatment they gave Texas

https://youtu.be/FDomPWLeGuI
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Yes, we know. He's brown, so he must not be smart enough to understand what he's really trying to do. We should really send him home and let the white folks decide the matter.
    LOL, right to the race card. No, like I said I would rather not have to contend with a new China or Mexico eventually asserting their will on the rest of us down the road.

Anyway that CEO I spoke of whose comments went viral about #calexit is different from the OP article has since walked it back.

http://www.businessinsider.com/will-...alexit-2016-11
    “In the heat of election night, I didn’t adequately or precisely describe my new thinking,"Pishevar wrote. “I do not believe in secession - nor will I ever. I never used that term. I love this country and everything it has to offer.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meh, that's the Cuba argument.

If they have an open border with Mexico, then why would they not become a second world corrupt state, like Mexico?

Only difference is that everybody will have learned their lesson by then.

No, they want to go, we should encourage and facilitate that as much as possible.
    Cuba did not have the economy to be a military threat and has the Caribbean separating us from them. California's population alone now is a threat even before they import a half billion Chinese and would be a problem if they wanted to eventually "liberate" the western states with their Progressive ideology.

The CEO I was bashing that walked it back now has the right idea.
    Pishevar said the movement of states to regain power from the federal government was part of, "A new Federalism where state & local govts are empowered to determine their destinies while bonded together in a United States of America."
    Last edited by kahless; 11-22-2016 at 10:47 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Sympathizer , love it . Now , it is true people have to work harder in Buffalo. Just think of all the snow they have to shovel just to get out to go to work .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Only support it if the water, fuel, and transmission lines are cut at the border. Cal has passed restrictive environmental laws then craps in the backyards of neighboring states. This is followed up by their senators and reps dissing on how f'ed up the rest of the country's environmental regs are and basically rubbing the outlanders noses in the Callie-made sh't.

IMHO

XNN
    Environmental terrorists .
    Do something Danke

I wish they would so they'll stop moving here.

I still say this should be encouraged on all levels.

Anything that can disrupt the Empire of States, even temporally is a good thing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast