Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Business license required for teens to cut grass...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Right now, at this VERY minute, 7 teens are mowing, weed whacking, and fixing a backyard tent at my brother's house for....... wait for it........... music, singing, dance, & acting from me.

Get over yourself.
    Ender, out of the goodness of my heart, I'm going to do something very boring and explain myself.

What I said was something called "hyperbole." It is a technique of exaggerating a statement to the point of knowing inaccuracy in order to avoid being tedious and boring (like this post is).

I completely believe and accept that you constantly have an army of underaged bushmen (see, there's hyperbole again. I basically can't help myself.) at your call, beck, and command to take care of all your outdoors-related manual tasks. I am in no way casting any doubt on your claims in regards to your life and experience. It's a totally valid and true experience, and nobody can take that away from you. I also want to take this opportunity to validate your feelings. I'd like to express that all your feelings are totally valid.

OK? I hope we cleared that up.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 06-03-2017 at 11:32 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ozark mowin' in the country;

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    you clearly do not live in my region of the country,
    That is correct!

because middle class white kids mowing lawns is extremely common here.
    That is good news (in my opinion).

Do they also still deliver the newspapers? I'm just chronicling the collapse. Syncing the regional timelines will be valuable.

Just the fact that your area still has:

1. A middle class, and
    2. White kids

puts you behind the apocalypse curve. So that's nice. Of course, probably no one is actively doing anything to prevent the area from going the way of everywhere else, so just give it some time (10 years? 20? Your newspaper answer will help determine).

White people no longer have any kids. Fact. Creepily peer in the windows of any of your local day cares and you will find the following breakdown (I am taking into account your region): 60% black, 30% mestizo, 10% asian.

And the middle class is disappearing. Also fact.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Ender, out of the goodness of my heart, I'm going to do something very boring and explain myself.

What I said was something called "hyperbole." It is a technique of exaggerating a statement to the point of knowing inaccuracy in order to avoid being tedious and boring (like this post is).

I completely believe and accept that you constantly have an army of underaged bushmen (see, there's hyperbole again. I basically can't help myself.) at your call, beck, and command to take care of all your outdoors-related manual tasks. I am in no way casting any doubt on your claims in regards to your life and experience. It's totally valid and true, and nobody can take that away from you. I also want to take this opportunity to validate your feelings. I'd like to express that all your feelings are totally valid.

OK? I hope we cleared that up.
    If you're going to speak in "hyperbole-esk" online, then you have to carry it waaay over the top to be understood when written. Read @TheTexan or @Jamesiv1 for clarification.
    There is no spoon.

That is correct!

That is good news (in my opinion).

Do they also still deliver the newspapers? I'm just chronicling the collapse. Syncing the regional timelines will be valuable.

Just the fact that your area still has:

1. A middle class, and
    2. White kids

puts you behind the apocalypse curve. So that's nice. Of course, probably no one is actively doing anything to prevent the area from going the way of everywhere else, so just give it some time (10 years? 20? Your newspaper answer will help determine).

White people no longer have any kids. Fact. Creepily peer in the windows of any of your local day cares and you will find the following breakdown (I am taking into account your region): 60% black, 30% mestizo, 10% asian.

And the middle class is disappearing. Also fact.
    Ain't so in Utah.

Whites are having plenty of kids and the middle class is predominate.
    There is no spoon.

Ain't so in Utah.

You be wacis.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Ain't so in Utah.

I am quite aware, Ender. Salt Lake City is perhaps the "whitest" city in the nation. Of course, it's on a downward death spiral, too.

The first step to not being doomed is realizing: we're doomed! Unfortunately, then there are far too many steps after that and far too little time left and (most importantly) virtually no interest in doing them. So, we're doomed!

I knew two guys who had their own lawn business when they were teens.

If the girl is raising money for mission trips, I think there would be a way around paying her directly. She could *volunteer* for a donation to the sending organiztion.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The bigger any govt becomes, the more money it spends, thus, the more money it has to collect. We've gotten so far down the road of big govt and big spending and intrusiveness into every aspect of an individuals life that it has become necessary for govts of various sizes and locales to impose taxes and fees on ever increasingly more revenue sources.

It wont stop at lawn mowing.

Dont be surprised if govt demands to tax and regulate every aspect of a kids source of income. Limited to, but including the following
    - Babysitting
    - Paper Routes
    - Yard Work of ANY kind
    - Shoveling Snow
    - Allowances from Parents

Yes, they will eventually insist on applying fees, business licenses, and taxes to even Allowances from parents for daily chores. All they are really succeeding in accomplishing is teaching kids to not only hate the Tax Man and Govt Interference, but planting the seeds of Rebellion, then Revolution. They are teaching the exact OPPOSITE of responsibility.

This form of Self Cannibalism occurs when a govt reaches such a scale that it is forced to consume the bread crumbs of those least able to defend themselves.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You be wacis.
    LOL!

I'm the least wacis person I know.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I knew two guys who had their own lawn business when they were teens.

If the girl is raising money for mission trips, I think there would be a way around paying her directly. She could *volunteer* for a donation to the sending organiztion.
    She shouldn't have to. It's ridiculous to require a business license for anyone to cut grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I suppose they will require a business license to rake leaves too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I suppose they will require a business license to rake leaves too?
    It probably falls under landscaping. I bet they have a business licence for everything under the sun.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    She shouldn't have to. It's ridiculous to require a business license for anyone to cut grass.
    What of the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low wage workers? Surely they shouldn't have to compete on an unlevel playing field. -- Paraphrased Donald Trump
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    What of the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low wage workers? Surely they shouldn't have to compete on an unlevel playing field. -- Paraphrased Donald Trump
    What if the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low down government just quit paying the taxes and leveled the playing field? ~ Suzanimal

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What if the landscapers unjustly affected by the thieving, low down government just quit paying the taxes and leveled the playing field? ~ Suzanimal
    Why then who would create the kitty cats and sunshine? -- Paraphrased Donald Trump
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

State licensing always includes the prohibition of (unlicensed) voluntary trade.

It criminalizes things that are not crimes! The State has no business doing it. Eliminate all licensing.

Voluntary, private certification and the internet can provide consumers with sufficient information about the quality of a product or service provider.
    >_<

I imagine some little old lady who can't afford much, not being able to shovel the snow off her walk and since she can't pay some kid to do it, falls and has to go to the hospital. And it's all the fault of the government not letting the kids help her.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And those grass growers better have a license to be growing those lawns.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

My father is a master plumber and a mechanical contractor which includes fees to the state and insurances in case things go bad. Supposedly this ensures the public that no unqualified person can hurt the public health.. or some such wording.

So last year the local facebook group started being filled with a couple of non licensed, non insured people saying they're plumbers. He got a little peeved that he had to sit through the silly license update classes and pay the various fees so he contacted the state licensing board since they're supposedly doing these licensing fees to ensure only licensed people do it. It was amusing

The state licensing board said that since one person who was advertising was not a licensed plumber they had no authority to do anything about it. The local prosecutor would have to handle anything.

The state board said another person who was only a journeyman (basically in training, can't call themselves a plumber, or advertise) wasn't at fault because while they said they're a plumber, that falls under a master license. As he's a journeyman he hadn't broken any journeyman rules as that's all that applies to him.

Called the cops, made a formal complaint. Prosecutor said they couldn't find any law being broken as advertising in a facebook group, no matter how many thousands are in it, isn't seen as adverting.

Even the state doesn't care about licensing.

As for the lawn mowers, I'd have the kids do it for free out of the goodness of helping a neighbor. Then have them sell a pet rock to the person for $50 or whatever the fee is.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    And those grass growers better have a license to be growing those lawns.
    Just think of how many people could be put to "work" issuing and enforcing licenses.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Just think of how many people could be put to "work" issuing and enforcing licenses.....
    The more work machines do for us, the more make-work governments can afford to create.
    >_<

White people no longer have any kids. Fact.
    Hyperbole disguises a weak argument.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Hyperbole disguises a weak argument.
    Great! What is the argument and why is it weak?

Who am I kidding? You'll never answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    My father is a master plumber and a mechanical contractor which includes fees to the state and insurances in case things go bad. Supposedly this ensures the public that no unqualified person can hurt the public health.. or some such wording.

So last year the local facebook group started being filled with a couple of non licensed, non insured people saying they're plumbers. He got a little peeved that he had to sit through the silly license update classes and pay the various fees so he contacted the state licensing board since they're supposedly doing these licensing fees to ensure only licensed people do it. It was amusing

The state licensing board said that since one person who was advertising was not a licensed plumber they had no authority to do anything about it. The local prosecutor would have to handle anything.

The state board said another person who was only a journeyman (basically in training, can't call themselves a plumber, or advertise) wasn't at fault because while they said they're a plumber, that falls under a master license. As he's a journeyman he hadn't broken any journeyman rules as that's all that applies to him.

Called the cops, made a formal complaint. Prosecutor said they couldn't find any law being broken as advertising in a facebook group, no matter how many thousands are in it, isn't seen as adverting.

Even the state doesn't care about licensing.

As for the lawn mowers, I'd have the kids do it for free out of the goodness of helping a neighbor. Then have them sell a pet rock to the person for $50 or whatever the fee is.
    Dont forget the Pet Rock License too... ooooh, and while we are at it, people should have to "chip" their "pet rocks" as all pets need to be "chipped" for "the safety of the community"...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Dont forget the Pet Rock License too... ooooh, and while we are at it, people should have to "chip" their "pet rocks" as all pets need to be "chipped" for "the safety of the community"...
    I hadn't thought of that... I'd hate to see the fines for having a non licensed pet rock.

PETA could do a story on the horrible conditions in the pebble mills
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    And of course, if your pet rock hasn't been spayed or neutered, the cost of the license must be increased. Can't have them going around making unwanted offspring.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 06-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Great! What is the argument and why is it weak?

Who am I kidding? You'll never answer.
    Who could tell? It's difficult wading through the Chicken Little-speak.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Some people probably decline kids knocking on doors for fear of liability. But, for sure, licensing is always a way to keep out the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Who could tell? It's difficult wading through the Chicken Little-speak.
    Exactly: I knew you wouldn't answer. Booooring!

But, despite apparently not having a discernible argument (though if you could discern it, it would doubtless be a weak one!), I do occasionally want to make a point. Here's one: species and sub-species who stop having children quickly stop existing, due to their existent members having a nasty but seemingly universal habit of constantly ending their lives by dying.

The complete oblivion that would result from this constant death annoyance can only be kept at relative bay by engaging in the constant annoyance of constantly creating and (in the case of intelligent higher creatures) training and rearing new life.

It's a big pain! White people don't like big pains. Kind of like agricultural work, house cleaning, or making unsolicited phone calls, they prefer to have hapless peasants to do that for them.

That way, the Whiteys get to work on their yoga and adult coloring books. The peasants, for their part, get to have the whole planet in a few generations. So, win!-win! everybody wins!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast