Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official** Republican Convention thread

A lots of butt hurt Liberals tonight On Twitter lol.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    It's almost like Trump is intentionally taunting them for the predictable overreaction. It worked with Cruz after all?

What's your point? Who cares what some Tweetards think? That was a scary $#@!ing speech for every American with eyes to see and ears to hear. He just promised a police state like never before seen.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If they weren't such imbeciles they'd be celebrating, as their side just completed its infiltration and demolition of the GOP.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These aren't the droids you are looking for. America isn't in decline nor is the system hopelessly rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Christian baby had priors.
    [insert spit-take here]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-21-2016 at 10:12 PM.

I was kinda doubting the miraculous rise of Donald Trump, and then I caught Bill...

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Naaa, Stephen Miller doesn't fit the description at all...

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    America isn't in decline nor is the system hopelessly rigged.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ill-half-full/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What's your point? Who cares what some Tweetards think? That was a scary $#@!ing speech for every American with eyes to see and ears to hear. He just promised a police state like never before seen.
    Not scary at all for those of us that want immigration laws and border security enforced. We also want an attorney general that will uphold the rule of law.

Maybe you found this scary?
    I have a message to every last person threatening the peace on our streets and the safety of our police: when I take the oath of office next year, I will restore law and order our country.
    I don't. Since I expect the FBI not to give a pass to the Black Panthers when they break the law or against interstate animals that burn down cities-private property.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Not scary at all for those of us that want immigration laws and border security enforced. We also want an attorney general that will uphold the rule of law.
    No offense but what you don't understand is that the AG actually did uphold the rule of law. Hillary is untouchable but not for the reasons you think. The laws you claim weren't upheld literally do not apply to her.

I don't. Since I expect the FBI not to give a pass to the Black Panthers when they break the law or against interstate animals that burn down cities-private property.
    MSM propaganda sold to you, sir. Not sure what an interstate animal is? What most people don't realize is that these people do generally operate in accordance with law. That's why they always get away with it. The laws that apply to you simply don't apply to them. You think they're bound by the same laws that you, a U.S. Citizen, are. News flash: THEY AREN'T. That is why Comey can stand there and list the conduct that broke laws but then say no prosecutor would bring the case. Because no prosecutor or court could obtain personal jurisdiction over Hillary. They play by an entirely different set of rules than you do.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-21-2016 at 10:50 PM.

American Hispanics escaped Central America and Mexico. I would be optimistic and grateful too if I was living in the US.

Meanwhile, Americans with a long memory are taking a careful tabulation of what is occurring. We are devolving in a bankrupt banana republic with two sets of laws. It didn't start with Obama, but he's certainly accelerated the transformation for the worse.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-21-2016 at 10:44 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was a hell of an effort considering that his opponent is an old blue haired woman with a head that looks like a face painted on a sack of flour.

Yes, be skurred, be vury skurred...

Crime Wave!

Anarchy in the streets!

Quick, vote for that guy, he'll save us!

....and keep taxing us, and regulating us, and otherwise $#@!ing us in the same way as all his predecessors.

But at least we'll be safe.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-21-2016 at 10:48 PM.

^cherry picking old data.

Homicide Rates Jump in Many Major U.S. Cities, New Data Shows
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us...ities-fbi.html
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

American politicians are quietly trying to manage the decline, while this steady economic bleeding leads to more criminality. I don't think anyone can stop what's coming. Not Trump, not anyone.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-21-2016 at 10:55 PM.

The chart I posted ends in 2010.

The violent crime rate dropped again in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/

The data for 2015 hasn't been publisher yet.

As for your link, more violence in some cities does not = more violence overall, obviously.

Who's cherry-picking?

It was an interesting speech, and I say that with no polarity assigned either way.

I noticed that the "Dark, fearful America" talking point flew out faster than the speed of light shortly thereafter. Gotta love those advanced speech copies.

I'm sure that H-> will have an appropriate Speech response next Thursday.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

And she will sound just as angry and shrill as she has sounded all year.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    And she will sound just as angry and shrill as she has sounded all year.
    Calling him (or implying) a racist and a hatemonger is not going to work in this current climate. Ask Jeb's people how that tactic worked. She is going to need incredible luck or an implosion. If Trump successfully projects himself as the outsider and Hillary as the corrupt insider, she has no chance. Not even the mighty media can protect her exposed flank in that regard.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-21-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNforPaul45 View Post
    It was an interesting speech, and I say that with no polarity assigned either way.

I noticed that the "Dark, fearful America" talking point flew out faster than the speed of light shortly thereafter. Gotta love those advanced speech copies.

I'm sure that H-> will have an appropriate Speech response next Thursday.
    Taking off my Ron Paul goggles, it's funny how freaked out the "leftists" are about Trump. You'd think Trump was a Baptist minister from Louisiana, rather than a rich New Yorker who is probably an agnostic at best. Trump is more of a blowhard than anything else.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Taking off my Ron Paul goggles, it's funny how freaked out the "leftists" are about Trump. You'd think Trump was a Baptist minister from Louisiana, rather than a rich New Yorker who is probably an agnostic at best. Trump is more of a blowhard than anything else.
    Trump is relatively a moderate who uses a strong tone of language. Yet they still cower in fear like he's Murray Rothbard.

I agree Trump's social views are very moderate, but wouldn't say the same about screaming America First from the rooftops tonight. Honestly a beautiful thing. No, it wasn't a liberty speech and Trump is not a libertarian. It was the sound of a man dynamiting the Bush/neocon GOP. That's incredible, whatever happens from here.

Peter Thiel had the best speech

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    They don't care that Trump wants to grow the police state. Even the ones on RPFs are begging for it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Calling him (or implying) a racist and a hatemonger is not going to work in this current climate. Ask Jeb's people how that tactic worked. She is going to need incredible luck or an implosion. If Trump successfully projects himself as the outsider and Hillary as the corrupt insider, she has no chance. Not even the mighty media can protect her exposed flank in that regard.
    Trump has met his match because it doesn't work against the Clintons either. That's why this entire convention (with the possible exception of Peter Thiel) was a waste. The GOP needs to be the party of ideas if they truly want to win. Because now they are the party of "not Hillary", and they prove the GOP is laughingstock the press says they are.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    The Trump intro movie sounded a lot like the movie idiocracy when I walk through the room it was playing in.
    Yes, and as satirical as that movie was when it came out (and funny as hell), it will be looked on by my eventual grandchildren as very prophetical.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Final take on this convention: Blah.

Laura Ingraham gave the best speech in my opinion. The whole convention, though, was short on what their actual vision is.

Donald and Ivanka finally got to that on the last night and it sounded like MOAR big government. So basically, we are screwed either way - just like always. But I'm expecting Republicans to take some major losses down-ballot this year.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Twitter Government ‏@gov 9h9 hours ago

Twitter Government Retweeted Bernie Sanders

This is the top RT'd Tweet during @realdonaldtrump's #GOPConvention speech:

Twitter Government added,
    Bernie Sanders @bernieSanders
    Trump: “I alone can fix this.”
    Is this guy running for president or dictator? #RNCwithBernie

https://twitter.com/gov/status/756337010130968576

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast