Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul swept the Oklahoma 3rd District toady!

Ron Paul swept the Oklahoma 3rd District toady!

Today, the Oklahoma 3rd District was swept by Ron Paul delegates and there was nothing the opposition could do. One by one, the delegates were handed to Ron Paul, including the alternates and the elector.

Oklahoma's 3rd and 5th Districts now belong to Ron Paul. Next week is the 4th district and after that, the state slate. As of today, Ron Paul has 6 delegates going to Tampa and next week, we'll try to hand him some more.

Oklahoma loves Ron Paul and the neocons are very afraid.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woohoo! Great delegate-strategy news!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by flybeech View Post
    Today, the Oklahoma 3rd District was swept by Ron Paul delegates and there was nothing the opposition could do. One by one, the delegates were handed to Ron Paul, including the alternates and the elector.

Oklahoma's 3rd and 5th Districts now belong to Ron Paul. Next week is the 4th district and after that, the state slate. As of today, Ron Paul has 6 delegates going to Tampa and next week, we'll try to hand him some more.

What's the total delegate count as of right now in ok? Who's got what? AWESOME NEWS THOUGH !!! Thank you!!

So we have 6 Ron Paul supporters who are delegates to the National Convention? Will they take the place as pledged Santorum or Gingrich delegates but be unbound because they will have dropped out? How does that work?

What's to prevent them to assign those 6 Ron Paul supporters as delegates pledged to Romney? If that happens, we basically lose out on 6 delegates.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 04-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.

In both the 3rd and 5th Districts, ALL three delegates and alternates are Ron Paul's for a total of 6+6 from Oklahoma....Oops, sorry, I mean they are Santorum delegates.
    We handed the establishment their rear end today. Next Saturday, we'll do it again with the 4th.

In both the 3rd and 5th Districts, ALL three delegates and alternates are Ron Paul's for a total of 6+6 from Oklahoma....Oops, sorry, I mean they are Santorum delegates.
    We handed the establishment their rear end today. Next Saturday, we'll do it again with the 4th.
    SO nice....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I couldn't tell you how the first district convention ended, I had to leave early.

When I left, the first delegate was announced and it wasn't anyone within the Ron Paul community, that much I know.

Congrats, and +rep for the update.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I couldn't tell you how the first district convention ended, I had to leave early.

When I left, the first delegate was announced and it wasn't anyone within the Ron Paul community, that much I know.

Congrats, and +rep for the update.
    I understand the 1st District lost EVERYTHING because not enough people showed up and some people left early. Tulsa gave their delegates away.

oh no!!

I understand they had tornadoes I don't know if that was the area of Oklahoma they were in.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I saw this on Twitter and was surprised no one was reporting it here, we've had an awesome day!
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

As a Texan, I pretty much loathe all things Oklahoma. Cheering on Ron Paul supporters there is about all the good will I can muster for my north of the border bretheren. Thanks for representing.

So these are pledged Santorum delegates, but really our guys there for the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    oh no!!

I understand they had tornadoes I don't know if that was the area of Oklahoma they were in.
    All in a day. Tornadoes are no excuse.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JebSanderson View Post
    So these are pledged Santorum delegates, but really our guys there for the second round?
    We're talkin' hard-core to the bone Ron Paul delegates. Sure, let Fox News count them as Santorum delegates, we'll see how that works out in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    As a Texan, I pretty much loathe all things Oklahoma. Cheering on Ron Paul supporters there is about all the good will I can muster for my north of the border bretheren. Thanks for representing.
    As an Okie transplanted from Texas, I understand what you're saying, but let's just see if the Sooners or the Longhorns bring home more delegates. Come on Texans, let's see if you've got the stuff to bring home more per-capita delegates than Sooners can.

This is nice to hear from a primary state that has a total of 43. What are the odds that we can get at least over 20 for Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    This is nice to hear from a primary state that has a total of 43. What are the odds that we can get at least over 20 for Paul?
    Real good to get close, pardner....that is if we can get District 2 and Tulsa off their lazy tails. Tulsa blew it today, so we're down by three there and SE Oklahoma in District 2 choked, I think for 'family' problems we're having locally.
    Last edited by flybeech; 04-14-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JebSanderson View Post
    If Santa releases his delegates they are ours, before then, I believe. So we'll see.

One by one, the delegates were handed to Ron Paul, including the alternates and the elector.

Oklahoma's 3rd and 5th Districts now belong to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul swept the Oklahoma 3rd District toady!
    Peope here are asleep at the wheel, sheeez....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit, because he doesn't come over your property and break your windows. - Dave Hebel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://freedom4um.com/

We're talkin' hard-core to the bone Ron Paul delegates. Sure, let Fox News count them as Santorum delegates, we'll see how that works out in Tampa.
    +1

for the great news

And wasn't there talk of abstaining from voting on the first ballot?
    There was also talk about directly voting for Paul on the first ballot? Someone said Paul's delegates last time, voted directly for McCain on the first ballot itself
    We need to consider all the possibilities
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 3rd and 5th districts are half state

Go Ron

Quote Originally Posted by bultza View Post
    The 3rd and 5th districts are half state

Go Ron
    Wow!
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Delegates, delegates, delegates...

This is really nice... I don't even remember the straw vote results from Oklahoma, but according to wiki it was about 9.6% for RP.
    Wiki also has, zero national delegates projected for RP...

This is getting interesting... When will the media downsize Romney's delegate count so far ?

muhahahahah !!
    give me MOAR !!
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast