Thread: Trump doubles down on police militarization

Trump doubles down on police militarization

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/15/watc...l-service.html

https://youtu.be/Clwv7l73to0?t=1h11m00s
    "That is why, as I promised all along, that we are allowing local police to access the surplus military equipment they need, to protect our officers and law enforcement agents and save their lives and they are taking equipment at a record clip. Millions and millions of dollars of surplus equipment is going to our police departments. If we want to bring down violent crime then we must stand up for our police. We must stand up to confront and condemn dangerous anti police prejudice. Can you believe there is prejudice against our police? We aren't going to let bad things happen to our police."

Compare Trump's statements on violent crime and policing to the facts. Violent crime is at historic lows.

Police killings are at historic highs.

The data is clear. Violent crime is dropping and has been for decades anyway so there is no need for police militarization to fight it. Also there is no justification for the high rate of police killings based on the steadily dropping violent crime rate.

Even conservatives like Mike Huckabee point to police militarization as a large part of the problem.

Rand Paul has spoken out against police militarization.

Ron Paul has spoken out against police militarization as well.

Even Alex Jones once spoke out against police militarization.

I hold no hope for Alex doing the right thing this time though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We must stand up to confront and condemn dangerous anti police prejudice."

"See something, say something."

Reported.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I feel safer already.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "We must stand up to confront and condemn dangerous anti police prejudice."

"See something, say something."

Reported.
    Bump for @dannno. Stand with Trump or stand with Ron and Rand. It's your choice.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Bump for @dannno. Stand with Trump or stand with Ron and Rand. It's your choice.
    On this issue in particular, I stand with Ron and Rand.

But consider who ordered the Waco attacks.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

I'm guessing:

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Justice Department?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

What about those whose lives were taken by dumb$#@! bureaucrats? Do the murdered get a day?
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 05-15-2018 at 03:12 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Justice Department?
    Hillary.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Justice Department?

What about those whose lives were taken by dumb$#@! bureaucrats? Do the murdered get a day?
    The Klintons.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Justice Department?

Hillary Clinton. It's another "but Hillary would have been worse" justification of Trump. I'm shocked.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 05-15-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Chris

Hillary.
    Hillary did not send the ATF in. Not that I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Hillary Clinton. It's another "but Hillary would have been worse" Josh stifi ation of Trump. I'm shocked.
    lol I haven't learned yet.

Lets just keep stacking the worst people ever on the Left, so the Right can justify whatever they want.

Hillary.
    So your justification for being able to support Ron in this is that Hillary would have been worse- amirite?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So your justification for being able to support Ron in this is that Hillary would have been worse- amirite?
    Do you agree with Rand Paul on 100% of the issues? Do you think he is a perfect liberty candidate? I think Ron is a little more pure from a liberty perspective myself, but no doubt Rand is very good.

If Rand ran against Donald Trump, would you vote for Rand? Why? Because Rand is better than Trump? But Rand is not perfect, so how do you rationalize voting for the lesser of two evils?

Oh, what a silly question.. Rand isn't evil.. he's not perfect, but he also isn't evil. Trump is far from perfect, but also not evil..

Bush and Gore and Kerry were evil. Obama and McCain were evil. Hillary is evil. Romney is evil.

Basically, all of the deep state actors are evil. Trump is not apart of the deep state.

Easy choice now isn't it? Or maybe now you're just confused. That is ok, I didn't vote for Trump either - life is complex - nobody said it would be a walk in the park.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-15-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Something tells me if Mike Huckabee became POTUS he would double down on the police militarization.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if you didn't go to his mcdonalds church you'd get swated.

Daddy, kill some people to show you love me

Either Janet Reno, or Ivanka & Chelsea. Take your best guess.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 05-15-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Do you agree with Rand Paul on 100% of the issues? Do you think he is a perfect liberty candidate? I think Ron is a little more pure from a liberty perspective myself, but no doubt Rand is very good.

If Rand ran against Donald Trump, would you vote for Rand? Why? Because Rand is better than Trump? But Rand is not perfect, so how do you rationalize voting for the lesser of two evils?

Oh, what a silly question.. Rand isn't evil.. he's not perfect, but he also isn't evil. Trump is far from perfect, but also not evil..

Bush and Gore and Kerry were evil. Obama and McCain were evil. Hillary is evil. Romney is evil.

Basically, all of the deep state actors are evil. Trump is not apart of the deep state.

Easy choice now isn't it? Or maybe now you're just confused. That is ok, I didn't vote for Trump either - life is complex - nobody said it would be a walk in the park.
    So which evil guy just broke the Iran deal?

Ah, yes, your hero, the $#@! Trump.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Something tells me if Mike Huckabee became POTUS he would double down on the police militarization.
    From what i have observed over the years, Huckabee has been consistent. Shockingly enough, he doesn't appear to be a major copsucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Generous amount of money soon will be allocated to boost capitol police, security forces and barricades. Not clear at this point if military gear coming home from Afghanistan, Iraq will be part of DC reinforcement initiatives being discussed in media.

Capitol secured after assault from Trump supporters
    Updated on: January 7, 2021

Thousands of National Guard members head to the Capitol to tamp down pro-Trump insurrection

• The National Guard was mobilized to the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters overran the building during the Electoral College vote count.
    • Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan also said their states would send their National Guards.
    • Trump supporters, who the president addressed earlier in the day, forced lawmakers to evacuate the Capitol and stop the formal count of the 2020 presidential Electoral College votes.

Virginia Gov. Northam is sending the National Guard, state troopers to D.C.

The National Guard and state forces responded at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters overran the building during the Electoral College vote count.
    The Washington D.C. National Guard force of about 1,100 was mobilized to help federal law enforcement tamp down the insurrection, according to chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman. The Department of Justice will lead the federal law enforcement response, Hoffman said.

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller said he coordinated with Vice President Mike Pence and congressional leaders to activate the National Guard and assist officers with taking back the Capitol. He did not mention any contact with President Donald Trump.

Trump had to be convinced to deploy the National Guard, a person familiar with the matter confirms to NBC News. Pence, who was moved to a secure location within the Capitol, was in contact with the Pentagon and “encouraged a much more rapid deployment,” the person added.

9:58 PM New York governor deploying members of New York National Guard to D.C.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday announced he is deploying 1,000 members of the New York National Guard to Washington, D.C., for up to two weeks "to aid and facilitate the peaceful transition of presidential power."

cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-us-capitol-secured-dc-protest/

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 06: U.S. Capitol Police stand detain protesters outside of the House Chamber during a joint session of Congress on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Congress held a joint session today to ratify President-elect Joe Biden's

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    1h
    I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    2h
    Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28882595885058