Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Random Acts Of Kindness...

Milkshake travels almost 400 miles to grant last wish of woman with cancer

When Tommy Fello, owner of the beloved Cleveland Heights, Ohio, eatery Tommy's Restaurant, checked his email this morning, he had thank-you messages from strangers all over the world — including Canada, Germany, Scotland, the Netherlands and Turkey.

They'd all seen a Facebook post from Sam Klein sharing the story of how Fello had shipped a mocha milkshake from Ohio to Virginia for Emily Pomeranz, a longtime Tommy's customer who was in hospice care in Arlington.

Pomeranz passed away last week, but the story of how Fello granted Pomeranz's wish to "have one more Tommy’s mocha milkshake" has clearly made an impact: The post has been shared by more than 2,000 people, with more than 600 comments and thousands more reacting to it.

In the post, Pomeranz is pictured holding the Tommy's milkshake, beaming. "My heart just about pounded out of my body I was so happy when I saw the picture," Fello — who opened Tommy's as a tiny soda shop in 1972 and is still involved in day-to-day operations at its current, larger location — told TODAY Food. The "Milkshake Mission Impossible," as Fello called it, began when Klein visited Pomeranz in hospice and asked if she needed anything.

"'A Cleveland Indians hat,' was her first response," Klein related on Facebook. "So, I brought her one the next day. And, she said with a smile, I wish I could have one more Tommy’s mocha milkshake." Klein emailed Tommy's and got a call from Fello a few days later, saying, “Yes. We will figure out a way to do this.”

Fello did indeed figure out a way: He froze the shake solid, packed it in dry ice from his ice cream supplier, and shipped it via UPS. Despite one small snafu (the delivery truck had just left when Fello arrived at UPS, so he had to wait several hours for the next one), the shake made it to Pomeranz, who grew up in Cleveland Heights and went to Tommy's regularly, within a few hours of Fello shipping it.

http://www.today.com/food/sweet-reas...m_npd_td_fb_ma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Driver Stops Behind Stalled Patrol Car, Films Cop Hand Old Woman Whataburger Meal And Umbrella

by ANN-SOPHIE KAEMMERLE Published Aug 14, 2017

Most of us are incredibly fortunate to have a roof over our heads and food on our tables. There are so many parts of life that we take advantage of, and those things can be taken away from us in an instant.

There’s, therefore, more than one reason why we should be sympathetic to those who have only a little, and it’s important to find it in our hearts to help those who are in need. One Texas cop decided to do just that.

In the clip below, you can see the driver pull up right behind the stalled patrol car — he knows he’s about to witness something quite extraordinary, so he pulled out his camera just in time.

The anonymous officer approaches an elderly lady sitting by the side of the road, she appears to be homeless, as she has many belongings gathered around her. She is exposed to the extreme heat.

Then, the cop unceremoniously hands the woman a Whataburger meal to feed her, and an umbrella to shield her from the sun, and gets back into his car.

This kind cop treated his act of kindness like it was a normal routine, and doesn’t seem to need or want recognition for it. The driver who caught this moment on camera wants to find him to thank him for it, but he may have some trouble finding out who he is!
    https://www.littlethings.com/cop-giv...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Scammer Takes All Of Sick Dad’s Money, Then Friend Goes Behind His Back To Get Strangers To Help

by EMERALD PELLOT

Memphis resident Charlie Brock is having a hard time. He had been a truck driver for years but quit due to a heart condition. While awaiting a new heart, Charlie’s medical bills began piling up.

To make matters worse, a card skimmer stole his checking account information and drained Charlie’s bank account. Then, making matters even worse, his 25-year-old air conditioner also broke down.

So Charlie’s good friend Gene Landeros reached out to the news station WREG. He knew the station had a “Pass It On” segment that pays it forward to community members. WREG donated $30, then a community member matched that amount, and two strangers at Chik-fil-A donated $140. Gene also did some fundraising on his own.

“My son’s Facebook friends kicked in with a one-up. It’s not ‘Pass It On.’ They call it a ‘one-up.’ They got together and… $600,” explained Gene. “And my wife and I want to kick in $300.”

In total, they raised $1,640 for Charlie. The reporter surprised the down-on-his-luck man — who was in complete awe. Then, a cameraman revealed his true identity: he was actually there to repair the air conditioner.

Charlie completely broke down.

When Charlie called his wife, she was practically hysterical. Sometimes, when things go wrong and it feels like you need a miracle, all you really need is a friend as sweet and caring as Gene.
    https://www.littlethings.com/surpris...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thread: Random Acts Of Kindness...
    @donnay

Have a good day at the farm.

:-*

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @donnay

Have a good day at the farm.

Thank you and hope your day is just as good, even better.

Cop Pulls Over Single Mom Of 5 For Broken Light, But Sees Kids In Backseat And Helps Her Instead

by MAURICIO CASTILLO Published Aug 17, 2017

Having a busted tail light on your car and getting pulled over is almost always ground for a ticket. When Laura Grey, a single mom of five kids, got pulled over, she feared the worst.

A few months before getting pulled over, a minor fender bender busted the left tail light on her van.

“I got the insurance and I had the money,” Laura recalled. “But it was, ‘Do I keep the money to help with bills?'”

You see, the single mom had been going through some tough times. Money was tight.

Getting the kids prepared for school had stretched her thin, so when the cop pulled her over because of her tail light, she couldn’t control her emotions.

Officer Dale Horton pulled her over, but when he looked at her and the kids in the backseat, everything changed.

“I said, ‘The reason I stopped you is you got a broken tail light and your registration is out,'” the officer recalled.

Then, Laura started crying.

Her reaction was stunning, but even more stunning was how Officer Horton responded.

“When you have a female in the driver seat with two kids in the back, a child she’s getting to work and she starts crying as she breaks down, and you can tell by her mannerism it’s not fake, you watch her son who reaches over to confront her, you know…they’re in need.”
    See Video at the link: https://www.littlethings.com/officer...zen.yandex.com

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man Buys Hurricane Supplies Online, Shocked To See What’s Hidden In Box When It Arrives
    September 19, 2017 Alisha Rich

When a young man from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, heard that a hurricane was barreling towards his home, he decided to get prepared and order some hurricane supplies online. However, when the package arrived, he was left shocked to see what was hidden inside the box when it arrived.

After learning that Hurricane Irma was heading straight for Florida, Brian Humphreys, like others across the state, decided to get prepared and buy some much-needed essentials. However, in order to beat the crowds at the stores in his hometown, he turned to the Internet to order some supplies from Kmart online. Thinking that he had outsmarted the system, he was left shocked to see what was hidden inside when the box arrived at his door.

In fact, what he found was so unusual that he decided to turn to social media to share what he had found. As he expected, people were left in disbelief over what the Kmart employees had placed inside his order box, and now, it’s going viral. Remarkably, along with all of his items, Brian discovered a simple card inside the box, but that’s not even what left everyone stunned. It seems the employees took it upon themselves to include a little something inside the card as well.

“I ordered some hurricane supplies from Kmart online,” Brian wrote in his Facebook post. “When the box arrived I found this card inside from the employees at the Kmart in Hillsboro, Ohio. There really are some awesome people in the world,” he added, along with photos of the shocking discovery.

According to Love What Matters, the outside of the card read, “Just thought it might cheer you to know that someone’s been thinking of you…” with the word “Floridians” handwritten below the inspiring message. But, that’s not all. When he opened up the card, $25 fell out, and message inside read, “And wishing you Floridians brighter, better tomorrows. From 4 employees from Kmart in Hillsboro, Ohio. P.S. We wish it was more!”

Although it’s heartbreaking to see so many people affected by the wrath of multiple hurricanes, there is one thing good that has come from it — kindness. People from all across the country have put aside their differences and have come together to help in as many ways as they can. Some people have traveled to the affected areas, others have donated items, while some have done exactly what these employees at Kmart did – offered whatever they could to make someone smile.

It may seem like the world is a disgusting place, full of nothing but hate, but that is not the case. The media thrives off of the ugly in the world and doesn’t want to show us all the kind things people are doing for one another. Luckily, thanks to social media, we have the power to bring uplifting stories of unity to the masses, so don’t forget to pass it on.

The next time you get a chance, provide a random act of kindness to someone in need – not only will it make you and them smile, but it will prove that there is still hope in the world. God intended us to do what is best for one another, and when we’re all struggling in this life, it wouldn’t hurt to make one another smile every once and awhile.
    http://madworldnews.com/man-buys-hur...zen.yandex.com

Waitress Slips Texas Hurricane Evacuees Odd Note, Couple Shocked By One Item Hiding Inside

September 19, 2017 Robert Rich

As Hurricane Harvey was set to ravage their home, a Texas husband and wife evacuated the area and took refuge with the woman’s mother. Sometime afterward, the group decided to grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, but nothing would prepare them for the note that a waitress slipped them – or the one shocking item hiding within it.

Carlos Sepeda Jr. has recently taken to Facebook to share a series of events that left him utterly speechless. As certain areas of Texas were affected more than others by Hurricane Harvey, Carlos and his wife Tammy found themselves needing to unfortunately evacuate.

They did just that, taking a trip up to Fairfield, Texas, to spend a few days with Tammy’s mother. Once they had made it to safety, the group of three decided to get some food at a place called Sam’s Restaurant – but that’s when things got weird.

While they were on their way out the door, their waitress quietly approached the couple, handed them a folded piece of paper, and simply walked away. Much to their surprise, it was actually a handwritten note, but that wasn’t all.

As seen on Facebook, the message simply read, “This isn’t much compared to your loss. Buy you something special. God Bless – my prayers are with you, Mary.”

Of course, that wasn’t all, as the duo would be left completely and utterly shocked by the one item that the waitress had stuffed inside. As can be seen in the image that Carlos posted to Facebook, which was later shared by Love What Matters, Mary had gifted the evacuees with a $100 in hopes of lifting their spirits.

Carlos states that they went back to the restaurant to return the money but said that Mary would not take it back for anything. As if that wasn’t enough of a blessing, the kind-hearted waitress then decided to take things one step further and offered the couple a table and chairs if they needed it.

“My friends and family if you are in Fairfield make sure to stop by Sam’s restaurant and see Mary, tip her well and show Texas gratitude,” Carlos concluded. “This is what Texas pride is made of!”

All around the country, we have seen incredible things in this time of tragedy. Although some may want us to believe that this country is divided more than ever, that’s just not the case – and we’re actually seeing the opposite. People who don’t have that much themselves are stepping up to the plate to help those who were affected by the most recent hurricanes, both in Texas and in Florida.

Our country is absolutely great, and it is made up of some of the best people that the human race has to offer. With so many forces trying to tear us apart, it’s great to see this incredible, unified effort to assist those in need. The truth will always win, and good will always prosper. It’s cases like this that prove exactly that.
    http://madworldnews.com/waitress-tex...zen.yandex.com

Cashier Tells Man His Card Is Declined. 15 Mins Later He’s Back With Cop Who Makes 1 Request

by Marilyn Caylor 10/10/2017

Have you ever been out shopping for something that you desperately needed right at that very moment, like a gallon of milk for the kids, or fixings for that night's dinner, when the cashier informs you that your card has been declined? So, you try to covertly swipe your card through a second time (or third), hoping that no one notices what's going on.

But, that's when the customers waiting in line behind you all start to gawk at your inability to pay. You verbally tell the cashier that you have plenty of money in your account, and your bank's computer must be down. You end up having to leave the store empty-handed, and also slightly dejected.

Some people might simply walk away and vow never to return to that store after such an embarrassing encounter. However, one pawn shop customer wasn't about to let a declined card get in the way of what he needed. After the man's card was declined he walked out of the store embarrassed, but fifteen minutes later he was back - this time with a cop. The cashier immediately asked ‘Is there a problem officer?' and the cop gave a response they'd never forget.

The pawn shop Alicia Danielle works at doesn't look like much, but the store stocks all sorts of knickknacks, like a pair of dumbbells or stereo speakers, that someone will probably eventually buy. One man even found a pair of shoes that he liked! Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. Alicia told Love What Matters on Facebook:

"So this guy comes in to buy a pair of shoes because his are literally falling off. Anyway his card wouldn't work so he left."

The man was probably hoping that the bank would let the transaction go through, even though he already knew the funds weren't there. Hey, it never hurts to try! Sometimes miracles can and do happen. Unfortunately, in this poor man's case, the universe wasn't on his side - at least not right at that moment! The only thing he was walking out with that day was the same pair of tattered shoes that he walked in with.

However, this guy wasn't going to let anything get between him and that pair of shoes. A few minutes after he left, the employees noticed the same man return, only this time, he had the law on his side! The curious employees asked the policeman who suddenly appeared on their doorstep if there was a problem.

"The cop is like 'No there's no problem but if you still have the shoes I'd like to go ahead and buy them.' So him and my co-worker split the cost of the shoes."

In her Facebook post, Alicia said that there was no one else in the store, and that neither the officer nor her co-worker did this with the intention of getting social media high-fives for their generosity. Theirs was a genuine act of kindness, for the sake of being kind.

Alicia wanted to share this story because she feels there is such much hate, mistrust and division in the world we live in today. Good deeds don't get the attention they deserve, and they happen under the radar every single day. Even small acts kindness can do wonders for rebuilding our global soul!

"We still have so far to go, but I promise you small acts of kindness like this are what's going to rebuild trust and faith in our communities. I didn't get the cop's name but this didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated by me or the customer."

There are some moments we witness that will stay with us for the rest of our lives. This is certainly one of them! Alicia's post has been shared more than 1,700 times and has received over 19,000 reactions.
    http://faithtap.com/8438/cashier-tel...zen.yandex.com

TN Boy Sends WH $3 To Pay Trump’s ‘Salary,’ 9 Months Later Gets ‘Special Gift’ In Return

October 22, 2017 That Conservative Girl

Back in January, a Tennessee boy sent his entire savings to the White House to pay President Donald Trump’s “salary.” It wasn’t much, but he hoped his $3 would help the president. Nine months later, the generous boy received a “special gift” in return, and he will undoubtedly never forget it.

When 9-year-old Eli’sha Davies learned that President Donald Trump would not be accepting the $400,000 yearly salary paid to the Commander-in-Chief, the young boy couldn’t believe the president’s generosity. He also had lots of questions. Would Trump have to starve? How could he possibly afford to feed himself? How would he pay his bills? Wouldn’t his water be turned off? “I thought how is he going to eat or drink,” Eli recalled. “Or, you know, pay, if he needs to pay his water bill or anything.”

Fearing that Trump would ultimately suffer for donating the entirety of his presidential salary to charity, Eli decided to pitch in whatever he could to help. He didn’t have much, but he had saved up $3. He decided to send his three one dollar bills to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. in hopes that it might help President Trump get by in a pinch.

A 9-year-old boy from East Tennessee wrote to President Trump in January to send him $3. Now he has a letter from the President.

Eli’sha Davies from Crossville wrote to the President after hearing his parents talk about Trump’s campaign promise to only accept a salary of $1. He wanted to make sure the President had enough to pay the bills at the White House. [Source: WBIR]
    Eli didn’t understand that Donald Trump is a billionaire; the $400,000 presidential salary would have been no more than a drop in the bucket to him. However, the young boy’s mother did not want to stifle his giving spirit, so she helped him send off the three dollars, plus a note, to the president.

“My first impression was like, ‘You’re going to give your money away again,’ because he’s been trying to save it up for a mandolin, but at the same time, I was like, I don’t want to discourage his generosity, and I think it’s sweet,” explained Eli’s mother, Melissa Davies.

Eli had learned about writing letters in school, and his parents told him it was a gamble to send one to the White House; he might hear back, he might not. Luckily, though, we now have a Commander-in-Chief who is steadfastly committed to the American people he serves and who makes time in his busy schedule to address even his youngest supporters.

Last Monday, approximately nine months after Eli sent Trump his $3, the 9-year-old checked his mailbox and found the most awesome surprise inside: a personal letter from the president, a picture of Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, and the three dollars he had sent off months prior. “He sent it back so I guess he didn’t need it after all,” said Eli.

In his return letter, Trump thanked Eli for his heartfelt gesture but urged the boy to invest his money in his community instead, as the president would be just fine financially. Trump also told Eli to “Think big and dream even bigger!”

Eli was elated to receive a personal letter from the president, but his good fortune didn’t end there. After hearing his story, a kind stranger decided to reward his generosity as well and sent him that mandolin he had been saving up for.

The Young Musicians Education Foundation Inc. decided to surprise Eli’sha with a blessing after seeing his generosity to others.

The foundation bought Eli’sha a mandolin of his very own so he can continue to learn and practice. [Source: 11 Alive]
    “I just want to be a blessing to others,” said Eli. He certainly has been, as his story has touched the hearts of many. Please share this sweet 9-year-old’s story if you were touched by it, as well.
    http://madworldnews.com/tn-boy-sends...zen.yandex.com

Elderly Man Calls The Local Police To Ask A Question That Breaks Their Hearts

By Maggie Watson
    Boredom Therapy Staff

There’s no question that the elderly are important members of society who deserve our respect. When someone has lived a long life, they always have a great deal of wisdom to impart upon us young folks.

The problem is that they often lose their capacity to help themselves. So when something goes wrong, there’s little they can do, especially if they don’t want to be a burden on anyone.

That’s what happened to one elderly man when somebody he trusted did something terrible. He called the police for help, and when they arrived, he could hardly believe his eyes…

Mount Pleasant, Tennessee, is a sleepy little town just outside of the Appalachia region. With only about 5,000 residents to its name, it’s a close-knit place where people of all stripes help out their neighbors in need.

In a small town like this one where everybody knows each other, people often go out of their way to help their neighbors. Everyone is close, and when one of them is in trouble, there’s sure to be someone else who can step in and lend a hand.

Some of the most active members in these communities are the local police, who are often very familiar faces around town. In addition to upholding the law, these officers support the school sports teams and get involved in local events. So when one officer saw one of his citizens in need, he didn’t think twice before going above and beyond the call of duty…

One January, the police precinct received an unusual and deeply upsetting call from an elderly man: would someone be able to come by and bring him some food? Obviously, it was a desperate situation.

The 79-year-old man explained that a former caregiver had stolen his debit card, leaving him with absolutely no money at all in the middle of a historically difficult winter. As a result, he hadn’t eaten in two days.

Four members of the Mount Pleasant Police Department sprung into action. They couldn’t allow this poor man to go another minute without eating. They rushed to the man’s home as fast as they possibly could—and they had a gift for him: they brought along enough food to last him for a month!

The four heroes were identified as Officers Odom, Gray, Runion, and Bolton. Together, they took a total of $160 from their very own pockets and headed to the grocery store, ready to stock the elderly man’s pantry.

Their good deed came just in time: that very same weekend, a massive blizzard swept through the area. There’s no telling what would have happened to the elderly man if the police officers hadn’t arrived when they did.

After that one fateful phone call, the Mount Pleasant Police Department realized that they could easily do something to help more than just that one man, so they set up a food pantry with canned goods to assist other needy residents in town.

As for that dishonest caregiver? She was identified and arrested, and the elderly man once again had his funds restored. It was a close call, but all seemed to be right once again. What a great example of neighbors helping neighbors!

It’s never a bad idea to help someone in need, especially when they can’t help themselves. There’s nothing wrong with some good karma!
    http://boredomtherapy.com/police-try...zen.yandex.com

NC officers help hungry family after mom steals food, officials say

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (Kelly Kennedy/WNCN) — Two Hillsborough police officers went out of their way to lend a helping hand to a local woman after officials say she broke the law.

On Saturday, Corporal Keith Bradshaw and Officer Candace Spragins got a call about a larceny at Food Lion.

Through security video, the officers tracked down a woman who authorities said stole $36 worth of food.

The officers said the woman told them she was hungry, had not had any food in the house for three days and stole so she could feed her children.

The officers looked in her fridge and saw it was bare and while they still had to charge her with misdemeanor larceny, they decided they also wanted to do something positive.

They bought her $140 worth of groceries so she could feed her family.

“It’s not all about just going out and charging folks,” Bradshaw said.

“Sometimes you gotta go that extra mile and look for other ways of helping and improving your community and the quality of life for the people in the community. And if that improves her life a little bit and it helps her I will do it again tomorrow,” he added.

The officers say the woman had recently suffered a traumatic brain injury and is currently unable to work.

They say her story touched them and they didn’t want to miss an opportunity to give back to their community.
    http://www.wbtv.com/story/36774546/n...zen.yandex.com

Without government who would feed the hungry?

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

'Secret Santa' Pays Off $10K in Toy Store Layaway Orders

On Friday a man walked into a Toys "R" Us in Cherry Hill, NJ, with the intention of doing a little holiday shopping for his son, and walked out having paid for the layaway orders of more than 60 strangers. NJ.com reports that this "secret Santa," who is going only by the name Charlie K., picked up the tab on 62 orders, totaling approximately $10,780. “I’m trying to bring some happiness to people, to the community that brought happiness to me and my family,” Charlie K. told CBS Philadelphia. “I love this community and I am trying to provide back to it.” He said he'd hoped to pay for all the layaway orders in the store but that he didn't have quite enough money.

Charlie didn't stop there, though. He also got everyone in the store to choose three toys for him to donate to Toys for Tots. The bill for that act of kindness came to $2000. One woman, Jessica Jey, said she showed up at the store to pay for the items she'd put on layaway only to learn that her bill had been paid. “It’s definitely an early Christmas," Ley says, "and I want to say thank you to the gentleman that came in and donated. It’s, like, the best feeling. Thank you.”
    http://www.newser.com/story/252083/s...ay-orders.html

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had a couple ladies approach me at a local pub & offer to buy me a drink... said they were out & about performing random acts of kindness, as if thru some kind of organization (?).

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

He Buys Coffee for Stranger Behind Him. Months Later, Letter Proves He Saved Their Life

By Elizabeth Angarola
    December 10, 2017 at 5:00pm

Whenever Glen Oliver gets coffee at his local drive-thru, he pays the bill for the person behind him. All he asks is that the cashier tell that person to “have a nice day”

To Oliver, his kind gesture is as habitual as holding the door for someone else.

He considers it a small act that he hopes can brighten other’s days.

But to the unsuspecting people behind him, it has proven to be so much more meaningful than Oliver knew.

[Video at the site]

Months later, a local paper’s newsroom received an anonymous letter. The writer of the letter described their experience at the local drive-thru after someone ahead of them paid for their order and wished them a nice day.

The writer recalled this moment as a turning point in their life. They revealed they’d been in a bad place — so bad that they no longer wanted to live.

The writer had planned for that day in July to be his last.

But when the cashier told them what the “nice man” in front of them had done, their plans changed.

“Why me? Why today?” The letter read. “If I was a religious sort I would take this as a sign. This random act of kindness was directed at me on this day for a purpose.”

Instead of going through with their original plan, the person decided to go out and help someone else.

They ended up spending the day helping a neighbor unload groceries from her car and bring them into her house.

RELATED: Mom Collapses on Bedroom Floor, Age 6 Son Uses Juice Box to Keep Her Alive

To finish the letter, the writer left a thankful message for Oliver: “Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and know your kind gesture has truly saved a life … On July 18, 2017, I not only had a great day, I had the greatest day!”

When the newspaper tracked down Oliver, he was astonished that his pay-it-forward routine had impacted someone so positively.

“It’s exponential now, you know?” Oliver said. “Like such a small, insignificant thing to most people just turned out to be … the planets align for somebody.”

The letter questioned why someone would buy coffee for a stranger for no apparent reason.

But perhaps Oliver’s decision to pay it forward was providence, that day in July of 2017 all along, the day that a muffin and a cup of coffee would save someone’s life.
    https://www.liftable.com/lizangarola...zen.yandex.com

Server Gets $3,000 Tip, But It’s What Was Written On The Back Of Receipt That Shocks All

December 26, 2017 Alisha Rich

The holiday season is a time of giving when many people often selflessly help others. However, after one server spotted a $3,000 dollar tip at the bottom of a customer’s receipt, she was left stunned, but it’s what was written on the back that was even more shocking.

Waitress Julie Wilson (left), the front of the receipt (right) (Photo Credit: Screengrab/YouTube)

Employees at The Brief Encounter Cafe in Bellevue, Washington, were just working an ordinary shift when one waitress helped serve a “regular,” named Dwayne Clarke. As soon as Clarke was finished with his meal, he did something beyond generous – he left the staff a $3,000 tip on his $39.60 bill. Although they were shocked and extremely thankful for the cash, the message he had scrawled on the back is really what has left everyone in utter disbelief.

“You guys do a great job! When I was 7, I washed dishes and my mom cooked in a diner like this. We were dirt poor and didn’t have money for Christmas. Hopefully, this will help all of you have a better Christmas,” he wrote on the back of his receipt, according to Fox News.

The staff, who were rightfully in tears, couldn’t believe what they saw. Clarke, who comes into the restaurant often, was described by them as a friendly, predictable guy. He “always sits in the same booth and orders the same breakfast – eggs over easy, hash browns, and extra crispy bacon,” they explained, according to Breitbart.

Clarke is the CEO of Aegis Living, which provides care to senior citizens. When asked why he did what he did, he said that it was simply about connecting with people in a positive way. I think his mission was a complete success.

“We are living in this great time of not connecting with each other—whether it’s the political situation, or whether it’s technology,” Clarke explained. “I think the reason (people like this story) is not because of the money, but because of this shared connection. Wouldn’t it be great if we all fed each other’s souls in a positive way?”

People on social media were thrilled with what Clarke had done. “Truly a class act!! A very inspiring story. MERRY CHRISTMAS,” one person wrote, while another stated, “Paying it forward, always a good thing.” Yet another said something most people tend to forget: “America has the best & most generous people.”

The note on the receipt (Photo Credit: Screengrab/YouTube)
    The waitress, Julie Wilson, 42, was left in disbelief over the large gift that Clarke had given her and her coworkers. Of course, she’s grateful and even plans to use part of her share to buy five holiday turkey dinners for homeless families, which is a truly selfless gesture proving she, like Clarke, is a giving spirit with a kind heart.

It should go without saying that if something kind happens to you, as a thank you, you should “pay it forward” in some way yourself. Thankfully, Wilson is doing exactly that and is using this remarkable situation to continue giving to others. If everyone were to do the same thing, the kind act that Clarke has done could multiply and affect so many people.

There’s no shame in being kind. Although it has become something that doesn’t happen very often, it still does and deserves just positive attention – even though the people who often do kind things like this would rather that it be kept a secret. You never know what someone might be going through personally or financially, and by doing one kind thing a day, you can go to bed knowing that you helped someone.
    http://madworldnews.com/server-gets-...zen.yandex.com

Cop Stops Woman Trying To Shovel Snow Outside Her Storefront And Says He’ll Do It Instead

by GWENDOLYN PLUMMER Published Dec 28, 2017

Snow is beautiful and fun when it first starts, but it turns into a chore pretty quickly. There are few things more annoying than shoveling loads of snow off your sidewalk and out of your driveway.

Betsy Curtis was not looking forward to shoveling the snow outside her storefront. Ten inches of snow had fallen on Christmas Day, and Betsy had to clear all that snow off the sidewalk before she opened up shop on Tuesday morning.

But Betsy says she didn’t get very far at all before a cop appeared at her side.

Betsy told InsideEdition, “I literally take two shovels and all of a sudden a police officer shows up.”

At first, Betsy thought she had done something wrong, and was going to get in trouble. But then the officer said, “Hey, give me the shovel. I’m going to shovel for you.”

The officer that helped Betsy was Officer Ben Murtiff. She shared his kind actions on Facebook, even though he never asked for any recognition.

Officer Ben’s small act of kindness was a huge help for Betsy, and surely made her day a whole lot easier. His actions are a great reminder that even just a small favor for someone else can make a big difference!

https://littlethings.com/officer-ben...zen.yandex.com

Before Stranger Hands Her $1,200

by LINDSEY SMITH Published Dec 30, 2017

Seventy-five-year-old Donna Russman of Pen Hills, Pennsylvania has been struggling to make ends meet.

After receiving fewer food stamps and being unable to pay her taxes, Donna was ready to sell all of her possessions — including her television and favorite Elvis records.

The elderly woman wrote to KDKA Radio and begged for help from listeners.

She wrote:

My $16 per month food stamps are being reduced to $15. I can’t get a job I no longer have a car. I owe a total of $918.55 in taxes. Maybe you know someone who helps senior citizens financially, in legit need. I have a 37-inch TV, and some Elvis Presley albums I’d be willing to give someone who would be able to help me.

A total stranger named Rege Turocy happened to be listening when Donna’s letter was read on-air and it hit him right in the heart. Rege and his wife decided that they wanted to help Donna, so he showed up at her doorstep with a surprise.

He handed Donna a blue envelope with a card and $1,200 inside. “I was so touched by your letter that my wife and I wanted to do this for you,” Rege told Donna. “There’s $1,200 in cash in there. I want you to pay your real estate taxes.”

Rege didn’t stop there though. He told Donna that he and his wife will pay her taxes for the next two years. Donna began crying at his generosity and gave him a huge hug and thanked him for what he did.

https://littlethings.com/man-pays-fo...zen.yandex.com

87-Year-Old Woman Spent Months Knitting 75 Hats To Keep Strangers Warm This Winter

It's a truly selfless act, and the woman prefers to remain anonymous.
    ARIANA MARINI @RARIRANA JAN 03, 2018

Not all heroes wear capes, but some of them can knit one. An 87-year-old woman in Massachusetts spent months knitting 75 hats for kids in hopes that they would keep them warm during the brutally cold weather this winter.

The elderly woman, who prefers to stay anonymous, wanted to find a way to give back to her community. While she is unable to be as active as she once was, working on these hats was one way she realized she could keep busy and do something kind for others at the same time.

Each hat takes her about a full day to make, but she believes all the work was worth it.

"I like doing them. I think it's fun. I just like to stay in the background," she told Boston 25 News. "Just because it makes me feel good that I can do something for someone."

Once she completed 75, the woman's daughter hung all of them in plastic bags along a fence at Nelson Memorial Park in Plymouth, Mass. She also donates knitted hats to homeless shelters in her area and plans to do the same for next winter as well.

"Just these little things would mean so much to someone who doesn't have anything," she told Boston 25 News.

It's stories like these that remind us that we all have talents we can use to do our part to make a positive impact for others.
    http://aplus.com/a/87-year-old-knits...source=a107457
    Last edited by donnay; 01-08-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Texas Waffle House employee receives $16,000 college scholarship after photo of her helping a

Texas Waffle House employee receives $16,000 college scholarship after photo of her helping a partially disabled customer eat his food goes viral

By Minyvonne Burke For Dailymail.com

PUBLISHED: 14:44 EST, 9 March 2018

A Texas Waffle House employee who spent the past year saving up for college is one step closer to her goal after she received a $16,000 college scholarship from Texas Southern University.

Evoni 'NeeNee' Williams, 18, was awarded the scholarship on Thursday during a small ceremony at the LA Marque Waffle House she works at to honor her for helping a partially disabled customer eat his food.

On Saturday, Williams was working a shift at the breakfast eatery when customer Adrian Charpentier came in for something to eat. Charpentier, a regular at the restaurant, recently had surgery and was having trouble cut up his food.

18-year-old Evoni Williams, a waitress at a Texas Waffle House, was seen in a viral photo cutting up food for customer Adrian Charpentier

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz59MaxZ6dN

Hero.

9-year-old raises $6G in lemonade fundraiser for baby brother battling rare illness

GREENWOOD, S.C. – A 9-year-old South Carolina boy selling lemonade to help his sick baby brother raised nearly $6,000 in two hours Saturday.

Andrew Emery wants to help his parents pay for the medical bills for his little brother Dylan. The infant suffers from Krabbe disease, a rare and often lethal neurological condition.

So on Saturday, Emery spent two hours at used truck dealership Southern Wheels in Greenwood, selling lemonade and #TeamDylan T-shirts. He raised $5,860 to be added to $1,300 raised at a Friday benefit concert and $5,600 from a GoFundMe site for his brother.

“I’m gonna spend it on doctor’s bills and stuff, and buy him a teddy bear too,” Andrew told the Index-Journal of Greenwood. “I just want to help Dylan. He’s my baby brother.”

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/0...e-illness.html

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again."

Thanks for bumping this thread.

'Jolly' janitor weeps upon receiving $2,000 vacation from students

A cleaner at a British university broke down in tears after students raised $2,063 to send him and his wife to Jamaica on vacation to see family.

Herman Gordon, who has worked at Bristol University for more than a decade, is described as “one of the most loved” members of its cleaning staff. He is so well liked, a group of students raised money to give him a holiday.

A video shows a student hand an envelope of cash to a surprised Gordon, who immediately begins to tear up. He wipes away tears with a cleaning cloth and hugs the student who gave it to him.

Gordon said: “I want to thank every one of you and God bless every one of you.”

The group of students started the fundraising page because they liked Gordon so much.

A post said: “The Jamaican cleaner in the med library is the jolliest man I have ever met, he makes me smile even when I’m in the deepest depths of revision or trying to be, if you [want a ] reason to smile go talk to him for a min or two.”

“Anyone who has been to the biomedical sciences library knows who Herman the cleaner is. Simply put, he is the epitome of happiness.”

“All year round, this man works hours on end to provide us with a clean working space in which to study. But most importantly, his undying positive energy and chit-chat has managed to turn many students’ dark days into positive ones filled with joy.”

“Whether you’re just feeling generally down and out or stressed out due to exams, Herman is always there to speak to you.”

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...-students.html

Tearful Surprise Greets Man Who Walked for Hours to Work

(NEWSER) – Car trouble didn't stop Walter Carr from getting to his first day of work with a moving company Sunday, even if he did have to walk nearly 20 miles in the dark. No longer: Carr was rewarded with his boss' car after making a lasting impression on his first clients. After his 2003 Nissan Altima broke down Saturday and "backup rides fell through," Carr set out from Homewood, Ala., at midnight en route to a home in Pelham, expecting the walk to take seven hours, homeowner Jenny Lamey writes on a GoFundMe page. He'd traveled 14 miles before police picked him up around 4am, per WIAT. They bought Carr breakfast and a take-out lunch, then dropped him at Lamey's home around 6:30am, per AL.com. As the rest of the Bellhops moving crew had yet to arrive, Lamey suggested Carr take a nap. According to a viral Facebook post, he got to work instead.

"This was the first job in a long time to give me an opportunity to get hired. I wanted to show them I got the dedication," says Carr, who moved with his mother to Alabama from New Orleans after their home was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. "I just can't tell you how touched I was," says Lamey. Bellhops CEO Luke Marklin is on the same page. "The grit and heart Walter showed defines Bellhops' culture precisely … We set a high bar on service and he just raised it," he wrote in a Sunday tweet. A day later, Marklin thanked Carr by handing over the keys to his 2014 Ford Escape, leaving Carr "trying to hold back the tears," per AL.com. "No matter what the challenge is, you can break through," adds Carr, who hopes to join the Marines before getting a bachelor's degree in physical therapy. Some $8,400 has been raised to help him on that path.

http://www.newser.com/story/262064/t...s-to-work.html

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    5. The bag boy at Publix who always tells me I look pretty (even when I don't). He's "special", btw, and says that to all the women which I think makes it even more awesome.
    Even bigger props to that Publix manager and team, actually.

This is what communities do that actually care about their people. Who care about each other.

We don't stick them on Welfare and tell 'em to stay home.

We take it upon ourselves to find a way they can contribute.

A year and a half ago I lost my wallet at the gym and went to the staff asking me if somebody turned in a missing wallet. They said no and we proceeded to spend an hour trying to find it. After an hour I told them to call my house if somebody finds it. I get a call from the gym the next day telling me somebody found my wallet outside even though I brought my wallet inside with me. It was found destroyed and as far as I could tell nothing out of importance was stolen. Unfortunately I never got to thank the person properly who found my wallet.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 02-14-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Even bigger props to that Publix manager and team, actually.

This is what communities do that actually care about their people. Who care about each other.

We don't stick them on Welfare and tell 'em to stay home.

We take it upon ourselves to find a way they can contribute.
    I agree completely. As a matter of fact, I did a random act of kindness today but it was really just being a decent human. When I was out running errands with Mr A, I decided to pop into 5 Below to buy a little selfie ring light for my phone. It's actually not for selfies, I was planning on using it to improve my Poshmark photos. Anyway, when I walked in I noticed a woman on the floor in the corner of the store. At first, I thought she might be an employee because I saw one just walk by her without checking on her but she seemed to be in distress so I went and asked her if she was okay. Well, she wasn't. She has MS and was having difficulty. Her elderly mother was trying to find someone to help get her to the car. I told her I knew just the guy. I went and got Mr A (he was waiting in our car) and he carried her out to the car and got her in safely.

I was so pissed at the 5 Below employees. I told them I wouldn't be back and I was contacting corporate. You don't leave someone laying on the $#@!ing floor like an animal. - Those were my exact words, too.

In Hong Kong many live-in immigrant house keepers/maids are kicked out Saturday night so the employers can have just family time on Sunday. You see them on the elevated walkways trying to camp out. Usually Filipinos.

Anyway, I try to give a few of them a nice place to sleep and shower for the night in the five star hotel I stay in when I'm there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Sick Man Sells Items On Ebay To Make Ends Meet, Gets Letter From 86-Year-Old Who Bought His VCR

by AMY PAIGE

In 2018, Matt Shoukry of St. Louis was diagnosed with cancer. Working a typical job became impossible, but he still needed to pay the bills.

With a lot of free time on his hands (and lots of time spent stuck on the couch, recovering), Matt decided to sell some items on eBay to make ends meet.

It was a low-stress way to earn cash that required no real physical activity.

One of the items Matt put up for sale was his old VCR. He figured it was a pretty outdated piece of technology, and he had no real use for it anymore.

Matt sold the VCR for $40 to an 86-year-old man from Phoenix. This particular buyer had never purchased anything off eBay before.

Matt expected to mail the VCR to his buyer, then receive the usual eBay review and rating in return. But days after the transaction was finalized, he pulled an intriguing letter from his stack of mail. He took one look at the typed message and shouted for his girlfriend to join him; he knew she had to see this.

Moments later, Matt and his girlfriend were both crying.

One man’s trash, after all…

Footage provided by KTVI St. Louis

https://www.littlethings.com/man-sel...zen.yandex.com

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast