Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA-Governor, Caitlyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nobody has to “beat” Newsom. It’s an up or down vote on him. If he wins that vote, the other “candidates” are meaningless.

If Newsom loses the recall, then the person with the most votes out of the replacement candidates wins.
    Wow, this is perfect, then.. she doesn't even need to win.

There will likely be quite a few folks who may not have voted on the recall otherwise, or even who may have voted it against it.. but now may go to vote for it and then vote for Caitlyn.

If it were just a bunch of Pete Wilson types in the race, it would be tough to get those people to vote for the recall.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If "she" won, she'd be another Arnold, who also got the office through a recall election. I won't vote for this person. There's some things I just won't do. Voting for a person like this, just to get -- at best -- stale boomer conservatism is just not worth it. I'm definitely voting for the recall, a damn Gila monster would be better than Newsom, but I will not vote for one of the people who has done such irreparable damage to our culture, whatever "her" opinions on taxes are.

I'm waiting for the "Democrats are the real transphobes!" takes from the bottle blondes at Fox News.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm waiting for the "Democrats are the real transphobes!" takes from the bottle blondes at Fox News.
    GOP loves to try to play identity politics. “Let’s run a woman or POC, then we have a chance to win!” That was the “logic” behind running RINO Meg Whitman and Neocon Carly Fiorina. Neither of them could win anything.

This seems like another attempt at that, plus the celebrity name recognition. The celebrity part may work, as it did for Schwarzenegger.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'd take Caitlyn over Gavin any day of the week. She sounds good so far just on what was posted here, but I'd still need to compare her platform to Kevin Faulconer's and any other replacements in this recall.

Former Olympic champion Caitlyn Jenner says trans girls born as boys should NOT compete in female sports: California governor hopeful is adamant 'it just isn't fair'
    Former Olympian and transgender reality star Caitlyn Jenner said she does not believe 'biological boys who are trans' should compete in girls' sports in school. In a brief interview in Malibu as she was getting into her car (center), Jenner, who recently announced her bid to run for Governor of California (campaign logo inset), said: 'This is a question of fairness, that's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school. 'It just isn't fair and we have to protect girls' sports in our schools.' It comes as multiple states, most recently Florida, move towards banning transgender girls and women from playing in public sports teams. Pictured top right are transgender athletes Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, bottom right are Cece Telfer, the first openly transgender woman to win an NCAA title and Yearwood. Jenner, 71, is a registered Republican and voted for Trump in 2016 but not in 2020, in protest against his position on transgender issues. She transitioned at the age of 65, but competed in the 1976 Olympics as Bruce Jenner (left).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Democrats sharpened their anti-recall messaging Saturday during the state party's annual convention, arguing removing Gov. Gavin Newsom from office early would roll back immigrant rights and criminal justice reforms, stall progress on the housing crisis and waste taxpayer money.

Republican voters angry at Newsom's liberal policies on immigration, criminal justice reform and more launched the longshot recall effort last year. It gained steam during the pandemic, as people grew frustrated by Newsom's pandemic response. Still, recent polling shows Newsom with support from a majority of voters.

Newsom and his allies paint the recall as a partisan effort in hopes of keeping Democrats and independent voters united behind him; Republicans make up just a quarter of the state's registered voters. Maintaining the support of activists will be key to keeping another Democrat out of the race.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the recall election.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

Well, at least we know the prisons will be safe. As for the rest of us?? Not so much.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Well, at least we know the prisons will be safe. As for the rest of us?? Not so much.
    We can also be rest assured that these inmate will vote the right way and get rid of Newsom.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We can also be rest assured that these inmate will vote the right way and get rid of Newsom.
    No gurantee they will stay in Cali though.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://www.twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenn...85005199228928
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...02435150831624
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

No gurantee they will stay in Cali though.
    Hopefully they will decide to do just that. God knows Californians get what they deserve.

Calvin Coolidge

Hopefully they will decide to do just that. God knows Californians get what they deserve.
    True, and that always brings up the argument against recall(s). Hey, you voted for it/them so ... get what you vote for. Also, as RP Poster here said, who/what replaces them? Is it really any better?

Caitlyn Jenner releases campaign ad for California governor run

Olympic gold medalist and reality television star Caitlyn Jenner, who is running for governor of California, released a campaign ad on Tuesday branding herself as a “thoughtful disruptor.”

“The American Dream grew up here. Yet, career politicians and their policies have destroyed that dream. It’s been locked away, closed, shuttered, left in the dark, burned down,” Jenner said.

READ MORE: http://hill.cm/ZAobqYp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48aCskFJ6U

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/s...69889799610369

https://twitter.com/Not_the_Bee/stat...42935080308739

Jenner will turn out to be one of the greatest governors the state of California has ever had.

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...96791637581824

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...96791637581824
    More like the first transgender president.

Calvin Coolidge

More like the first transgender president.
    Michael would probably block you for stepping on his trolls like that.

https://news.yahoo.com/transphobic-a...095436808.html

Transphobic abuse hurled at Caitlyn Jenner at CPAC conference, called a 'sick freak' and deadnamed
    Alia Shoaib
    Sun, July 11, 2021, 2:54 AM·2 min read

Caitlyn Jenner was harassed and hit with transphobic abuse while attending the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Dallas.

A heckler filmed himself approaching the former reality TV star, who is running for governor of California, and repeatedly deadnaming her and calling her a "sick freak."

Calling a transgender person by their birth name is known as deadnaming, and it can be a stressful and triggering experience.

A video of the abuse was posted to Twitter by the account Patriot Takes, which monitors right-wing media. The identity of the attacker who filmed the video is not clear.

The video shows the heckler approaching Jenner while she poses for photos in the lobby of the Hilton Anatole Hotel.

"Hey, Bruce. Bruce, what do you think about the stuff that they're teaching in schools regarding the LGBTQ?", the heckler shouts at her.

As Jenner walks away, he pursues her and says, "About Jesus Christ, Bruce. Don't forget about Jesus."

Jenner continues to ignore the attacker, and as she exits the hotel and heads towards a waiting car, the heckler says "look at that sick freak."

Caitlyn Jenner is in Dallas to attend CPAC, an annual gathering of top US conservatives. The former reality TV star, a vocal Republican, runs in California's recall election against Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom.

https://www.axios.com/caitlyn-jenner...93a01ae0d.html

Former reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner is talking with political consultants as she actively explores a run for governor of California, three sources with direct knowledge of her deliberations tell Axios.

Why it matters: Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, is facing a recall election. A challenge from Jenner, a high-profile Republican and previous Trump supporter, would draw heightened attention to the race to lead the nation's most populous state.

Jenner is being assisted in her consideration by Caroline Wren, a longtime GOP fundraiser. Wren initially met Jenner through her work with the American Unity Fund, a GOP nonprofit focused on LGBT issues.
    Wren previously worked at Trump Victory, a joint fundraising committee for President Trump's 2020 campaign, and also helped organize the rally he addressed immediately before the U.S. Capitol assault on Jan. 6.
    A spokesman for Jenner declined to comment. Wren also declined to comment.
    Jenner burst onto the national stage when she won the 1976 Olympic decathlon. She transitioned to a woman in 2015 and adopted her new name.

She had returned to the public spotlight several years earlier in the reality show “Keeping up with the Kardashians,” which chronicled the life of the blended family into which she married in 1991.
    Well, anything is better than Gavin Newsome. Isn't he Pelosi's nephew or something like that? I wouldn't be surprised if basically one family ran California. So anything to break that cycle is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
    Well, anything is better than Gavin Newsome. Isn't he Pelosi's nephew or something like that? I wouldn't be surprised if basically one family ran California. So anything to break that cycle is good.

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gavin Newsom and Nancy Pelosi have a lot in common as prominent Democrats with strong ties to San Francisco, but are they also related as family members?

If you have a particularly generous view on extended family, then yes.

Gov. Gavin Newsom's aunt, Barbara Newsom, was once married to Ron Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi's brother-in-law. Barbara Newsom and Ron Pelosi divorced in 1977.

That means for a while, Gavin Newsom was related to Nancy Pelosi's brother-in-law by marriage, but the familial relation between the two now-powerful Democrats was even more distant. Not to mention, the marriage tying the two families together ended when Gavin was 10 years old.

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize there was that little of connection, but I never bothered looking into it. Thank you for elaborating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12