Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Follows YouTube's Lead, Blocks Alex Jones' Pages

Facebook Follows YouTube's Lead, Blocks Alex Jones' Pages

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ex-jones-pages

Just days after YouTube barred Alex Jones from live-streaming for 90 days, and President Trump stepped into the Twitter 'shadowbanning' of conservatives fiasco, CNBC reports that Facebook - amid their worst week ever - has banned InfoWars' Alex Jones from posting for 30 days.

Several Facebook pages tied to Alex Jones, including the official pages for Infowars and Alex Jones himself, are close to being removed from the platform for violating its community standards multiple times, a Facebook spokesperson told CNBC.

Jones' personal account was temporarily banned from Facebook Thursday for 30 days after it was found responsible for uploading four videos that went against community standards. The clips were posted on different pages operated by Infowars and Alex Jones. Jones had previously been warned he could be blocked by Facebook for other infractions, according to a Facebook spokesperson.

One of the removed videos shows a man shoving a child on the ground to "prevent liberalism," while another discusses drag queens in a crude fashion and suggests they are child sexual predators. Another suggests Muslim people have "conquered" Europe, and will kill everyone and sexually assault women.

These are reportedly the same four videos were also removed earlier in the week by YouTube, which also barred Jones from live streaming for 90 days.

InfoWars' Owen Troyer provides some more color as to what just happened...

Full article at link.

---

There is a reason that Free Speech is the First Amendment. It is the MOST Important Right a People can have. It enables us to discuss problems and find solutions. It is the Foundation of Revolution, as revolution comes in three stages: Communication, Public Disobedience, and finally Violence. When that critical stage of Communication is refused, it results in the Second Stage, Public Disobedience, the same way as making anything illegal only creates a Black Market for it. When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

The Counter Argument to this is that both Facebook and YouTube are considered Private Property, and those companies have as much of a Right to decree that they will not host content by Alex Jones. This is just as true as the importance of Free Speech itself.

Let the Debate begin.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What this shows me is that Alex Jones speaks too much truth and they need to shut him up.

This only makes his base stronger.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It certainly reinforces ALEX JONES's "bad boy" image!

pcgame

youtube and facebook are private corporations and can ban/block/delete whoever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    youtube and facebook are private corporations and can ban/block/delete whoever they want.
    I agree, but they are not immune and should also be criticized and revealed for their anti liberty bias.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

If I owned facebook or google, I will do something similar to a ban. Alex Jones is the biggest peddler of junk news, many naive and ill informed liberty minded people are led astray on daily bases because of their disinfo outlet.

People like Alex Jones makes it harder to recruit people to the side of liberty and silencing him(if it doesn't turn him into a martyr) will give liberty a big shot in the arm in the most ironic possible.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If I owned facebook or google, I will do something similar to a ban. Alex Jones is the biggest peddler of junk news, many naive and ill informed liberty minded people are led astray on daily bases because of their disinfo outlet.

People like Alex Jones makes it harder to recruit people to the side of liberty and silencing him(if it doesn't turn him into a martyr) will give liberty a big shot in the arm in the most ironic possible.
    Yes! True liberty can only be found by silencing others, comrade!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis. Some fires u fight with water others u fight with fire. Sadly in the case of AJ, u need to censor the hell out of him to kill his idiocy pretending to be liberty news.

I will add that ideally, the best response to Alex Jones is to kidnap him, torture him(I will volunteer for the job) and get to confess to who his masters are. Phone messages, emails, pay cheques stubs, bank info will all be presented as evidence of his crime against the American people. That way the people he has mentally captured with his broadcast can be released from his spell.
    Last edited by juleswin; 07-28-2018 at 01:12 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9A0A90F2-653F-482A-91A1-869318E3FF10.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	6051

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis. Some fires u fight with water others u fight with fire. Sadly in the case of AJ, u need to censor the hell out of him to kill his idiocy pretending to be liberty news.

I will add that ideally, the best response to Alex Jones is to kidnap him, torture him(I will volunteer for the job) and get to confess to who his masters are. Phone messages, emails, pay cheques stubs, bank info will all be presented as evidence of his crime against the American people. That way the people he has mentally captured with his broadcast can be released from his spell.
    Yes, YES!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The commoner can't distinguish between fact and fiction, the world needs good censors like you...

Comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

+rep for the pic. I'm in tears..LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    What this shows me is that Alex Jones speaks too much truth and they need to shut him up.

This only makes his base stronger.
    I also get.. it's about time.. he kept saying that FB was just a CIA cesspool anyway.. what the hell was he on there for anyway?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Yeah...so?

They can do that...in light of what's happening to FedBook's stock and investors, maybe they shouldn't do that.

You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis.
    Was going to flag this post, but it goes against my grain to do that.

You might want to reword that, however, because in my mind, it crosses the threat threshold.

Well sucks for him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Latest Video:

1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The commoner can't distinguish between fact and fiction, the world needs good censors like you...

Comrade.
    Very true, like the saying goes "one can never underestimate the stupidity of the common man".

+rep

Anyone else notice InfoWars’ donation page is down too? Coincidence?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Jules' new avatar?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Jules' new avatar?
    Not until she too leads interrogation, summary trials and execution of thousands of "class enemies".
    Last edited by Danke; 07-28-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Youtube is owned by google which is a front for US intelligence and Mugbook was directly created by US intelligence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Anyone else notice InfoWars’ donation page is down too? Coincidence?
    Infowars makes most of their money selling vitamin supplements and survival food.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Infowars makes most of their money selling vitamin supplements and survival food.
    Ya, YouTube cutoff their channel advertisement money.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Was going to flag this post, but it goes against my grain to do that.

You might want to reword that, however, because in my mind, it crosses the threat threshold.
    I have looked at that post a couple of times now and I just cant see how else to reword it. The point I am making it to treat every encounter you experience according to that particular case. Reevaluate all the factors, the dangers they present and the consequences of your action. This applies to just about everything not just Alex Jones and the disinfo news agency.

Just another tyrant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So you want the rule of law to give way to the subjective rule of a tyrant?

You are unfit to ever be in charge of anything let alone a country.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jules is the #1 example of how broken the rep system is, his full green bar instead of a full red one is also a testament to the power of the leftist troll network around here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Censoring isn't the right answer, although infowars is indeed junk. Also " the conspiracy theorist is merely playing a character when he speaks via his InfoWars channels."

This should play well to his audience
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Seems censorship, both of real sources and controlled opposition sources, is increasing lately.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast