Thread: Literary translator service: Russian->English

Literary translator service: Russian->English

As soon as I finish my samples for submission to the agency I'm going to be an *official* pro freelance translator. Till then, I'll be an unofficial pro freelance translator for y'all. I translate all copy from Russian->English. Hit me up if yuo need something translated or know someone who does and I'll give a quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am going to Moscow next month. How do I say, "you look like you need a ~Hugz~"?

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    I am going to Moscow next month. How do I say, "you look like you need a ~Hugz~"?
    ты выглядить как нужен(нужна if addressing a female) объяте.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

As soon as I finish my samples for submission to the agency
    "The Agency"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "The Agency"?
    Not sure if I want to divulge which one on the open webbernets ATM, so I chose to use an indefinite noun. If there's a need to know, I'll let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "The Agency"?
    Don't confuse an honorable private sector job with a 'gubmint funded snitch, mole, and troll job like yours, Zippy.

Les bump as a reminder

I always see translator jobs on Flexjobs

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I always see translator jobs on Flexjobs
    k, I'll check it out ~hugs~

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    "You didn't say please"

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    "You didn't say please"
    That's cuz the OP is an offer, not a request.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's cuz the OP is an offer, not a request.
    No that was what I asked to be translated. Which is why I added punctuation marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    No that was what I asked to be translated. Which is why I added punctuation marks.
    o, okay. It depends on context.
    "You didn't say please" "Ты не сказал 'пожалуйса'"(the person being addressed as "you" is male)"Ты не сказала 'пожалуйса'"(the person being addressed as "you" is female). If you wanted to be a little more formal/polite, you could use вы instead of ты. It's not considered disrespectful if you use ты in any context, though. It's just a nuance. ETA: when you're addressing an older person, 10 years or so, you should use вы out of respect
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 12-04-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Do you speak Russian? If you do, here's a gig: https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=ll
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-04-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Do you speak Russian?
    Not well enough to be an interpreter(interpreters deal with spoken word, translators deal with written word), but I took a lot of lessons from a native speaker. I have yet to find a proper language immersion opportunity to fully master it, but I use film and radio. I also make use of my godmother and various Russians I know.