View Poll Results: You only have 2 choices. Pick.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don

14 56.00%
  • Ron

11 44.00%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    1. Whatever became of that Master of the Art of the Deal who, in 2016, was worth his weight in gold because he was going to brilliantly deal and haggle our way to liberty?

2. Isn't it amazing how quickly and easily people transition from expecting results from a newcomer on the political scene to making excuses for his failure?

But then, you don't care about liberty, you just want us all to enjoy Brand R Tyranny, and avoid Brand D Tyranny.
    He made more progress than anyone else could have and exposed the problem to more people than ever saw it before.
    It was overall a successful 1st attack on the swamp.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Or Don the gun grabber. Make excuses for Turnip Trump all you want, but Joe Biden patterned his executive order making pistol braces illegal by executive order after Trump's bump fire stock ban. Trump was also before the invasion of Iraq before he was against it just like Desantis was for foreign interventions before turning against the war in Ukraine.

Trump supporting war in Libya.

You know those 2A rulings that are getting rid of all of that? they are thanks to Trump's SCOTUS picks.
    DS will give us the same old moderate RINO justices that have always made things worse.

DS is supported by the Neocons because in office he will do their wars, Trump ended wars and prevented new ones.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 03-13-2023 at 12:04 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Don actually overrode the advice of both Fauci and Birx that the vaccine shouldn't be rushed. Fauci was on record saying a safe vaccine would take 12-18 months to test, this was in Spring of 2020. But, Trump wanted a darn vax ASAP because he was up for re-election and didn't want to hurt the economy, and wanted something to brag about. Birx has talked about this, and Trump berates her for it. Do you think Ron would have done this? So far, I would say no....
    DS locked down like everyone else.
    And without the rush they would have kept the lockdowns going until the economy was crushed for good and the Great Reset was imposed.
    Trump did the best he could to keep the vax voluntary (rushing it helped keep it voluntary) but he was misled and only had bad options to choose from.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/st...53448155791360

Wow the $1M Disney gave
    @GovRonDeSantis
    paid off ! Desantis pre-election Disney rhetoric was phony hype. Disney maintained:
    • exemption from property & sales tax
    • tax-free bonds
    • fast track permitting

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand Paul.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yours is the logic of a subject who is accepting deepstate control of our elections.
    There is a chance that he will be able to avoid being cheated this time and we must vote for him because he is the one they most do not want.
    Polls and every other indicator show that the vast majority of voters agree with me.
    No, yours is the "logic" of a lemming, or a slave--keep voting Republican over and over and hope for a different outcome (and the definition of insanity be damned). News flash: If Step One is broken, Step Two is impossible.

He made more progress than anyone else could have and exposed the problem to more people than ever saw it before.
    How do you quantify that? He ran farther, jumped higher, reached more people and shined a brighter orange than anyone else who ever lived could possibly do. But that doesn't make anybody a cultist, or a worshipper of idols...

DS locked down like everyone else.
    And without the rush they would have kept the lockdowns going until the economy was crushed for good and the Great Reset was imposed.
    Trump did the best he could to keep the vax voluntary (rushing it helped keep it voluntary) but he was misled and only had bad options to choose from.
    And when you aren't trying to sell him as Jesus' Right Hand, you're making excuses. Oh, little Donnie may not be able to add, but at least he doesn't humiliate himself using his fingers like the little Democrats do.

Are you here trying to get him reinstalled, or a Participation Trophy?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-13-2023 at 07:45 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I'm not buying it with Trump... As far as I'm concerned between these two, it's Ron's to lose, not Don's.

btw, PredictIt is still running. As of now, Ron has a very slight lead. Which is a lot considering he hasn't announced yet.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

I voted divisive Don for the delicious drama
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If you believe that Trump was cheated last time (and I do), what makes you think he won't be cheated again? And if you think it's a possibility, then why cast your vote for someone who won't be allowed to win? And if you think it's to show an overwhelming support, what makes you think that a majority of people who vote will also take that leap?

Face it - you don't really have any logic here. You just want to be vindicated in your support of your idol.
    I think this can really be reduced to "Why vote?"

They will cheat any candidate who they don't want prevailing. The reason to vote is because (1) it doesn't take much effort and (2) if we stop voting they simply win outright without needing to resort to criminality. By forcing them to cheat, we can at least keep the narrative alive, for whatever good that might do at a future date, if ever.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Operation Warp Speed....

Bumpfire stock ban by executive order...which Biden patterned his pistol brace ban after.....

Floating the idea of red flags laws.....

Supporting an assault weapons ban before and after being elected president......

All Donald Trump's ideas.
    Bad ideas, but they pale in comparison to:

Forced vaccinations, provoking war with Russia, weaponizing federal agencies against political opponents, government collusion with private entities to censor political opponents, higher taxes, weakening of your political power through u unequivocally supporting red flag laws and assault weapon bans, etc. The list is endless, but I have to stop here.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/stat...62516460265472
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If you believe that Trump was cheated last time (and I do), what makes you think he won't be cheated again? And if you think it's a possibility, then why cast your vote for someone who won't be allowed to win? And if you think it's to show an overwhelming support, what makes you think that a majority of people who vote will also take that leap?

Face it - you don't really have any logic here. You just want to be vindicated in your support of your idol.
    The better question is, why do people think Democrats need to cheat Trump again? As far as I'm concerned, they don't need to cheat this time and can easily get duly elected. As long as they destroy his reputation in the swing states, there's no need to resort to dirty tactics. All they have to do is pin the medical fallout from the vaccines on Trump while proving Biden had no idea the vaccines were dangerous.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...45988381925379

Former President @realDonaldTrump answers our Ukraine questionnaire:

“Like inflation and numerous other self inflicted wounds and mistakes made over the past two years, Russia would definitely not have raided and attacked Ukraine if I was your President. In fact, for four years they didn’t attack, nor did they have any intention of doing so as long as I was in charge. But the sad fact is that, due to a new lack of respect for the U.S., caused at least partially by our incompetently handled pullout from Afghanistan, and a very poor choice of words by Biden in explaining U.S. requests and intentions (Biden’s first statement was that Russia could have some of Ukraine, no problem!), the bloody and expensive assault began, and continues to this day. That is all history, but how does it end, and it must end, NOW! Start by telling Europe that they must pay at least equal to what the U.S. is paying to help Ukraine. They must also pay us, retroactively, the difference. At a staggering 125 Billion Dollars, we are paying 4 to 5 times more, and this fight is far more important for Europe than it is for the U.S. Next, tell Ukraine that there will be little more money coming from us, UNLESS RUSSIA CONTINUES TO PROSECUTE THE WAR. The President must meet with each side, then both sides together, and quickly work out a deal. This can be easily done if conducted by the right President. Both sides are weary and ready to make a deal. The meetings should start immediately, there is no time to spare. The death and destruction MUST END NOW! Properly executed, this terrible and tragic War, a War that never should have started in the first place, will come to a speedy end. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!”

Is opposing Russia in Ukraine a vital American national strategic interest?

“No, but it is for Europe. But not for the United States. That is why Europe should be paying far more than we are, or equal.”

What specifically is our objective in Ukraine, and how will we know when we’ve achieved it?

“Our objective in Ukraine is to help and secure Europe, but Europe isn't helping itself. They are relying on the United States to largely do it for them. That is very unfair to us. Especially since Europe takes advantage of us on trade and other things.”

What is the limit of funding and materiel you would be willing to send to the government of Ukraine?

“That would strongly depend on my meeting with President Putin and Russia. Russia would have never attacked Ukraine if I were President, not even a small chance. Would have never happened if I were President, but it has. I would have to see what the direction in which Russia is headed. I want them to stop, and they will, depending on the one that delivers that message. But with everything said, Europe must pay. The United States has spent much more than Europe, and that is not fair, just, or equitable. If I were President, that horrible war would end in 24 hours, or less. It can be done, and it must be done-- now!”

Should the United States support regime change in Russia?

“No. We should support regime change in the United States, that's far more important. The Biden administration are the ones who got us into this mess.”

Given that Russia’s economy and currency are stronger than before the war, do you believe that U.S. sanctions have been effective?

“No, they have not been effective. Just the opposite. They drove Russia, China and Iran into an unthinkable situation.”

Do you believe the United States faces the risk of nuclear war with Russia?

“It depends on who the President of the United States is. At the moment, with Biden as president, absolutely yes. He says and does all the wrong things at the wrong time.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...46265692532738

Florida Governor @RonDeSantisFL answers our Ukraine questionnaire:

“While the U.S. has many vital national interests – securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party – becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them. The Biden administration’s virtual “blank check” funding of this conflict for “as long as it takes,” without any defined objectives or accountability, distracts from our country’s most pressing challenges.

Without question, peace should be the objective. The U.S. should not provide assistance that could require the deployment of American troops or enable Ukraine to engage in offensive operations beyond its borders. F-16s and long-range missiles should therefore be off the table. These moves would risk explicitly drawing the United States into the conflict and drawing us closer to a hot war between the world’s two largest nuclear powers. That risk is unacceptable.

A policy of “regime change” in Russia (no doubt popular among the DC foreign policy interventionists) would greatly increase the stakes of the conflict, making the use of nuclear weapons more likely. Such a policy would neither stop the death and destruction of the war, nor produce a pro-American, Madisonian constitutionalist in the Kremlin. History indicates that Putin’s successor, in this hypothetical, would likely be even more ruthless. The costs to achieve such a dubious outcome could become astronomical.

The Biden administration’s policies have driven Russia into a de facto alliance with China. Because China has not and will not abide by the embargo, Russia has increased its foreign revenues while China benefits from cheaper fuel. Coupled with his intentional depletion of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and support for the Left’s Green New Deal, Biden has further empowered Russia’s energy-dominated economy and Putin’s war machine at Americans’ expense.

Our citizens are also entitled to know how the billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars are being utilized in Ukraine.

We cannot prioritize intervention in an escalating foreign war over the defense of our own homeland, especially as tens of thousands of Americans are dying every year from narcotics smuggled across our open border and our weapons arsenals critical for our own security are rapidly being depleted."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He'll say anything to win, but if he meant a word of it the Neocons wouldn't be pushing him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Family Member of Jan. 6 Probe Victim Who Committed Suicide: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Wants ‘Nothing to Do’ with Jan. 6 Whistleblowers, ‘Ignores’ All Our Calls

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/family...all-our-calls/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/stat...62516460265472

He'll say anything to win, but if he meant a word of it the Neocons wouldn't be pushing him.
    Max Boot and Bill Kristol:

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/statu...82634049540097

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/...13990537494528

This poll is pretty pointless since I'm confident neither of them are going to be president.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Max Boot and Bill Kristol:

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/statu...82634049540097
    Sure, just ignore all the NEOCON endorsements and watch the Kabuki where they complain that he publicly panders to the base about Ukraine.
    Ukraine will be over before he runs or possibly takes office and he and they know it, Taiwan will be his war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Bad ideas, but they pale in comparison to:

Forced vaccinations, provoking war with Russia, weaponizing federal agencies against political opponents, government collusion with private entities to censor political opponents, higher taxes, weakening of your political power through u unequivocally supporting red flag laws and assault weapon bans, etc. The list is endless, but I have to stop here.
    Ummm.....Ron DeSantis had nothing to do with provoking war with Russia, weaponizing federal agencies, government collusion with private entities to censor political opponents, higher taxes o supporting red flag laws and assault weapons bans. Trump did support red flag laws and assault weapons bans. So....I'm not following your point here. Do you think Biden is running in the Republican primary? Even if he is, he's not in the poll.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Don actually overrode the advice of both Fauci and Birx that the vaccine shouldn't be rushed. Fauci was on record saying a safe vaccine would take 12-18 months to test, this was in Spring of 2020. But, Trump wanted a darn vax ASAP because he was up for re-election and didn't want to hurt the economy, and wanted something to brag about. Birx has talked about this, and Trump berates her for it. Do you think Ron would have done this? So far, I would say no....
    Yep. I remember that. And as soon as Trump was out, Fauci was "full steam ahead" on the jab. And Trump still is pumping the jab and the boosters because the one thing he can't do is admit he was ever wrong about anything.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know those 2A rulings that are getting rid of all of that? they are thanks to Trump's SCOTUS picks.
    DS will give us the same old moderate RINO justices that have always made things worse.
    You mean like Neil Gorsuch who voted to reinterpret sex in the 1964 Civil Rights Act to mean sexual orientation? Yes. Real traditional conservative. He and John Roberts (Dubya appointee) have pretty much voted lock step. When one votes liberal the other votes liberal. When one votes conservative the other votes conservative. Flip a coin and you get two for one. I highly doubt Desantis will pick anyone worse than Gorsuch.

DS is supported by the Neocons because in office he will do their wars, Trump ended wars and prevented new ones.
    Says you. We're still in Syria stealing...I mean "protecting" the oil. Glad Trump negotiated the end to the Afghan war, I will give him credit for that.

You mean like Neil Gorsuch who voted to reinterpret sex in the 1964 Civil Rights Act to mean sexual orientation? Yes. Real traditional conservative. He and John Roberts (Dubya appointee) have pretty much voted lock step. When one votes liberal the other votes liberal. When one votes conservative the other votes conservative. Flip a coin and you get two for one. I highly doubt Desantis will pick anyone worse than Gorsuch.

Says you. We're still in Syria stealing...I mean "protecting" the oil. Glad Trump negotiated the end to the Afghan war, I will give him credit for that.
    That's not accurate about Gorsuch, he is definitely better than Roberts and is way better than anyone the RINOs would pick.
    He's been the swing vote in a number of important rulings in our favor and is pushing to rein in the bureaucracy.
    Nice try at changing the subject from the gun rulings that are ending gun control for good though.

Trump pulled home troops from lots of places and prevented a war with Iran that they tried to start after Iran shot down one of our drones.
    It's been admitted that he ordered a withdrawal from Syria and they ignored him and lied to him.
    DS's recent comments on Ukraine mean nothing because it will all be over before he runs or possibly takes office.
    His Neocon backers are counting on him to go to war in Taiwan and their criticism of his Ukraine stance id to give him cover for all the Neocon endorsements he has received.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Need more votes for Don ppl. Santis is catching up
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump didn't pick. He was told who to choose. The same person will pick Supreme Court nominees under a GOP Administration no matter who is President. Leonard Leo of Opus Dei and The Federalist Society.

IIRC, it’s Kavanaugh who votes a lot with Roberts.

It’s all a moot point. The same people will choose Supreme Court nominees whether it’s Don, Ron or some other Republican.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ugh-for-SCOTUS

Roberts is not trash. He was Chief when this country overturned Roe, and voted for overturning it.
    He also voted against gay marriage, even though that lost 4-5.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Operation Warp Speed....
    All Donald Trump's ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think Trump had his reservations, but again, listened to the wrong people.
    Yep. I remember that. And as soon as Trump was out, Fauci was "full steam ahead" on the jab. And Trump still is pumping the jab and the boosters because the one thing he can't do is admit he was ever wrong about anything.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...00128213778432

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast