Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse HAMMERED By Absurd New Lawsuit & The Left Celebrates!

Kyle Rittenhouse HAMMERED By Absurd New Lawsuit & The Left Celebrates!

It's a travesty that this poor kid doesn't get a whole lot more help from liberty advocates and gun owners.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll be happy to help out and chip in to his defense, I've done it before.

I had no idea he was in hot water again.

I'm assuming the people or family of the people he shot are suing him.

That's a tort reform I've been bitching about for years that's needs to happen: people you have injured or killed in a legitimate self defense situation have no civil remedy against you as well.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'll be happy to help out and chip in to his defense, I've done it before.

I had no idea he was in hot water again.

I'm assuming the people or family of the people he shot are suing him.

That's a tort reform I've been bitching about for years that's needs to happen: people you have injured or killed in a legitimate self defense situation have no civil remedy against you as well.
    Excuse my ignorance but is a jury trial (again my ignorance, but in civil cases that's not the norm per se, right ?) in this matter one of the factors that would make it more unfair as you would be dealing with a bunch of emotional jurors who have been listening to days of sobbing people ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but is a jury trial (again my ignorance, but in civil cases that's not the norm per se, right ?) in this matter one of the factors that would make it more unfair as you would be dealing with a bunch of emotional jurors who have been listening to days of sobbing people ?
    The suit itself is enough. Win or lose, your lawyers will bleed you dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The suit itself is enough. Win or lose, your lawyers will bleed you dry.
    Here the losing party, definitely in malicious cases, has to pay all the fees. Is that a thing ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Here the losing party, definitely in malicious cases, has to pay all the fees. Is that a thing ?
    I believe that, in most jurisdictions here, the plaintiff can include that, but the defendant has to start a countersuit to get such a judgment. Courts can throw suits out as frivolous, but even getting to that point can be very expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The left won't be celebrating when he ends up beating those lawsuits.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.