Thread: Marcus Carey Attacks!

Marcus Carey Attacks!

I guess Marcus is going to join Webb-Edgington in questioning Thomas' support of Ron Paul?

They Just Know So Much That Isn't So

Ronald Reagan once said "It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Yesterday at the Home Builders Association meeting a good example of what Reagan was saying, was on display. Thomas Massie, the Libertarian candidate on the GOP ballot answered a question from the audience.

When each candidate was asked what he would change in the Constitution, if only one thing, Massie said that he thought the founders got it right, but that if he was to change one thing, it would be to go back to the days before the direct election of senators.

His reasons? To paraphrase, in part because they now could use money to buy their way in and to keep themselves in power. He also said that if we did away with the direct election of senators, his favorite senator, Rand Paul, would probably not be in office.

Considering the controversy swirling around Massie and his questionable connections with big money interests and Super PACS, (here, here and here) and his fawning love of Ron Paul, I'll let you try to square up his expressed views with reality.

In fact, maybe you ought to take some time to investigate whether Massie is as much a republican as his GOP registration might lead you to believe or whether he's really just another "off the grid" libertarian trying to use the republican designation to fly into office, under the radar.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 03-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I take this as an indication that their internal polling must show him pulling ahead. Starting to remind me of Rand's race. Can you say frontrunner?

Massie already has endorsements from Rand and Moffett. All he needs to do is keep on working hard and pull in McConnell and Davis endorsements.

Considering the controversy swirling around Massie and his questionable connections with big money interests and Super PACS, (here, here and here) and his fawning love of Ron Paul, I'll let you try to square up his expressed views with reality.

In fact, maybe you ought to take some time to investigate whether Massie is as much a republican as his GOP registration might lead you to believe or whether he's really just another "off the grid" libertarian trying to use the republican designation to fly into office, under the radar.
    Bump.

Marcus Carey thinks Thomas Massie is an "off-the-grid libertarian trying to use the Republican designation to fly into office, under the radar".

Great! That means I have to work twice as hard to get him elected!

Bump.

Hi Marcus!

Hey Marcus, why are you trolling Ron Paul forums?

Aren't you afraid that this off-the-grid libertarianism might rub off on you and taint your image?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Bump.

Hi Marcus!

Hey Marcus, why are you trolling Ron Paul forums?

Aren't you afraid that this off-the-grid libertarianism might rub off on you and taint your image?
    He's a member of the forums. Son of Patriot..... or he was. Anyone want to pull his old posts and see what he said in those?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    He's a member of the forums. Son of Patriot..... or he was. Anyone want to pull his old posts and see what he said in those?
    Apparently he wants to go after me, someone who is not officially affiliated with the Tea Party or even the Republican party, because he thinks I am involved in a conspiracy against him. I am just an average working guy who is more or less a spectator in this race. I'm not even involved in the GOP party machinery, or even the Tea Party machinery.... just an average Ron Paul libertarian who has an interest in Thomas Massie.

Well Marcus just got Massie a new first time donor. Go Mr. Massie!

Thank you!
    Thank you for your generous donation!
    Amount: $25.00
    Transaction ID: ESYP8DEXXXXX
    Transaction date/time: 2012-03-31 XX:XX:XX
    just another "off the grid libertarian" attempting to revert the GOP to its limited govt roots.

You mean like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of A Patriot View Post
    Marcus Carey wasn't a candidate when that piece was written. He was an early supporter of Rand Paul in Ky and usually is pretty hard on the establishment. I looked at his blog and saw where Carey outed Massie for meeting with a known establishment bundler. Can we be sure Massie is what he says he is?
    Surely he wouldn't be sockpuppetting and referring to himself in the 3rd person would he?
    or this
    I don't see any evidence that he is estranged from any movement. He has opened up his blog to a debate and specifically invited us to join in.
    if it was him, it would be him referring to himself in the 3rd person again.

and
    The comment policy is posted on the blog. I think you will find that the only posts which are filtered are those that contain profanity or slander. The best way to find out is to try to post a comment and see if it makes it. All of mine do.
    again? surely that can't be him.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-31-2012 at 11:35 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....n-Of-A-Patriot

He has issues. Granted, I keep hearing he's butt hurt over Thomas not hiring him so he decided to run in an attempt to hurt his campaign. Odd how he only attacks Thomas. hmmmmmm. He's getting no traction and has no shot. Pay him no mind.

He has issues. Granted, I keep hearing he's butt hurt over Thomas not hiring him so he decided to run in an attempt to hurt his campaign. Odd how he only attacks Thomas. hmmmmmm. He's getting no traction and has no shot. Pay him no mind.
    You mean here:

HAHA –Marcus Carey Is Running For Congress February 17th, 2012 · No Comments

We heard the rumor earlier today that Marcus Carey was on his way to Frankfort to file Congress in the 4th District.

The Secretary of State’s office just released his filing record.

So, predictions?

How many points will he lose by?

Note: Carey was initially angry at Massie for not hiring him to work on his campaign. Guess this is what will make the world a better place?Weird.

What was that, again, about fiscal responsibility?
    http://pageonekentucky.com/2012/02/1...-for-congress/