Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You could get a no-skid mat, cut it into fancy patterns (perhaps find some stencils), and glue it to the table. y/w. xoxo
    That sounds cool and definitely within my skill set. I'm a decent cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That's a beautiful cart, Suzanimal. The black sounds nice. What would a mirror tray look like on the top? I have always thought liquors were beautiful colors. Light reflecting through the bottles would be pretty.
    Very nice. I'm going to use that idea for a cart I use inside only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My mom goes to the doctor in town so I schedule her appointments on Monday because that's the day the thrift store in the rich neighborhood has 1/2 price day. I SCORED BIG TIME TODAY!!!

Two huge bags of designer clothes one WHBM Tunic with the tag on it $98.00 - I got for 1.50!!!, a pair of WHBM jeans, a lot of cute tops including an Ann Taylor, Ralph Lauren, and a Jennifer Lopez that I've been eyeing at Kohls. I also got a pair of Polo shorts, a BRAND NEW pair of snake gladiator sandals, a snake belt that matches the loafers I already own (I saw that belt at Macys and it was $30.00), two super cute crazy purses, a Talbots sweater - OH, and an awesome trench coat. I found the perfect trench coat a few months ago (it's single breasted, fitted and hits mid thigh) but it was 150.00 and I just wouldn't wear it enough to justify that price. There it was, I paid 3.00 for it - the most expensive thing I bought today. My whole haul was 30.00 and I bought more than I mentioned - two tank tops (with the built in bra), a few nice t-shirts (one with a dog wearing a lucha libre mask) AND a bright green lamé shirt for Mr Animal - it even has rhinestone buttons.

I'll post pics later, I'm busy after-glowing right now -having a glass of wine and cigarette.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Also, I'm trying to come up with ways to snazz up my booze cart. I used to keep my lickas in the kitchen but I had this old cart in my garage and I got sick of people (Mr Animal) tracking water in the house from the pool to fix a cocktail. Now, I keep it by the backdoor when it's not being used and push it out on the porch or patio when we're outside. It's working great but it looks like crap from years of abuse and I think it needs something to keep the bottles from sliding off - we've had a few close calls pushing it around.

As you can see, it's pretty ghetto. I was thinking about painting it a shiny black and making a wood tray with a decent lip to set on the top. That's the best I've got, any good ideas?

love bar carts. My surprise bridal shower was this weekend and people bought me a lot of bar items for my future bar cart.

I actually like yours - but maybe instead of whiskey bottles you can search a local thrift store and find some nice decanters? There are also a few on Amazon in the $12-14 range. Maybe adding a few gold or silver accessories would help spruce it up too

For the sides, I was thinking thick craft wire, or plexiglass. You can getthe plexiglass trimmed to the sizes you need.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    love bar carts. My surprise bridal shower was this weekend and people bought me a lot of bar items for my future bar cart.

I actually like yours - but maybe instead of whiskey bottles you can search a local thrift store and find some nice decanters? There are also a few on Amazon in the $12-14 range. Maybe adding a few gold or silver accessories would help spruce it up too

For the sides, I was thinking thick craft wire, or plexiglass. You can getthe plexiglass trimmed to the sizes you need.
    Best wishes on your wedding!

Awesome! Since my husband's in the business, we get a lot of that stuff for free but everything he drags home has labels all over it. Our house got to looking like a bar and I had to put a stop to it.

I actually like yours -
    The photo doesn't do it justice. It's truly disgusting. It's been sitting in my garage for years and, not only is the paint is chipped all over (not in a cool shabby chic way, either) but I haven't been able to get all the garage grime off the cart. I picked up the wine rack on the bottom shelf at the thrift store for a couple of bucks.

but maybe instead of whiskey bottles you can search a local thrift store and find some nice decanters? There are also a few on Amazon in the $12-14 range. Maybe adding a few gold or silver accessories would help spruce it up too
    The decanters is a great idea! Since they tend to be short and sturdy, they won't knock around as much when I'm moving it either. Also, a great way to disguise the cheap booze.

"What kind of Vodka is that?"
    "What kind do ya like?"

I love the craft wire idea. I could even bead it if I wanted to do something fancy. I just mentioned your ideas to Mr Animal and he said I should leave it like it is and put barbed wire around it - might slow down some the drunks around here.

My mom goes to the doctor in town so I schedule her appointments on Monday because that's the day the thrift store in the rich neighborhood has 1/2 price day. I SCORED BIG TIME TODAY!!!

Two huge bags of designer clothes one WHBM Tunic with the tag on it $98.00 - I got for 1.50!!!, a pair of WHBM jeans, a lot of cute tops including an Ann Taylor, Ralph Lauren, and a Jennifer Lopez that I've been eyeing at Kohls. I also got a pair of Polo shorts, a BRAND NEW pair of snake gladiator sandals, a snake belt that matches the loafers I already own (I saw that belt at Macys and it was $30.00), two super cute crazy purses, a Talbots sweater - OH, and an awesome trench coat. I found the perfect trench coat a few months ago (it's single breasted, fitted and hits mid thigh) but it was 150.00 and I just wouldn't wear it enough to justify that price. There it was, I paid 3.00 for it - the most expensive thing I bought today. My whole haul was 30.00 and I bought more than I mentioned - two tank tops (with the built in bra), a few nice t-shirts (one with a dog wearing a lucha libre mask) AND a bright green lamé shirt for Mr Animal - it even has rhinestone buttons.

I'll post pics later, I'm busy after-glowing right now -having a glass of wine and cigarette.
    OMG, ur one badass animal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of our local grocery stores has a little corner set aside as a thrift store to raise money for a food pantry. So far I've found a cute Torrid sundress, a pair of dressy pants for work, a couple of tops for me, a Panama Jack t-shirt with tags still on it for my son, and a dress and a top for my granddaughter. All for a quarter apiece.

A chalk board I made for my mentor as a gift to hang herbs on to dry. The board was $7.00 at Hobby Lobby and I got a roached out coat hook to make it look like an antique for $10.00. I drew all the different herbs.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Wow, that's really nice. You're a great drawer and also have nice penmanship. I'm so impressed with your imagination, I would've never thought a roached coat hanger could look so good. Well done, donnay. She's gonna love it and it's all the more special that you made it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    A chalk board I made for my mentor as a gift to hang herbs on to dry. The board was $7.00 at Hobby Lobby and I got a roached out coat hook to make it look like an antique for $10.00. I drew all the different herbs.

Wow, that's really nice. You're a great drawer and also have nice penmanship. I'm so impressed with your imagination, I would've never thought a roached coat hanger could look so good. Well done, donnay. She's gonna love it and it's all the more special that you made it for her.
    Thank you, Suz.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

That's so cute.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Thank you.

Got one of these from amazon for 27 FRNs and change. I made hummus with it tonite. Works great!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Talking about bar carts made me hyped about owning one.

Went to all of my local thrift stores today in search of one. No dice. It's ok, because I wasn't so sure I would be able to find just the type I wanted at a thrift store (I'm obsessed with gold).

I've been fawning over this really, really expensive bar cart that I would never be able to afford, ever:

Totally ridonk. Better be crafted in 24k gold for that price.

But then... TJ Maxx, you impress me sometimes:

Still expensive, but I used a giftcard received from a guest at the bridal shower who specifically instructed me to find an awesome bar cart with it. Now onto finding a house I can set it up in!

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the glass.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Very nice! I love TJ Maxx. I also love Ikea. Have you ever checked out the Ikea hacks? Great ideas there even if you don't use Ikea furniture.

http://www.ikeahackers.net/

And Ana White is my all time fav...

http://www.ana-white.com/

Went to all of my local thrift stores today in search of one. No dice. It's ok, because I wasn't so sure I would be able to find just the type I wanted at a thrift store (I'm obsessed with gold).

I've been fawning over this really, really expensive bar cart that I would never be able to afford, ever:

Still expensive, but I used a giftcard received from a guest at the bridal shower who specifically instructed me to find an awesome bar cart with it. Now onto finding a house I can set it up in!

Ikea hacks and Ana White are my go-to! I miss living right near an Ikea. My coffee table in my living room is an ikeahack - a LACK table with distressed wood laid on top

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

US $79.95
    $5.95 Expedited Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Island-Bar-S...gAAOSw9etXQWRc

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The club ships you a case of wine as often as you'd like for about $12/bottle.
    I git a whole box of Franzia for 16.00 (5 liters). I'd go broke drinking from Wineflix, lol.

I git a whole box of Franzia for 16.00 (5 liters). I'd go broke drinking from Wineflix, lol.
    But the sample box is only $6.99. I would almost be tempted to try it.

But the sample box is only $6.99. I would almost be tempted to try it.
    Well, it's six mini bottles for 6.99 (+tax) and you don't get to pick them out. Personally, I don't drink whites at all and only like certain reds. I don't know if they sell them where you are but our CVS and QT (gas station - I'm not opposed to gas station wine.) have tons of the mini bottles for $1 each and you get to pick. It's really a great way to try something different. It's also worth your time to check out the clearance bin at the gas station. I've found some nice stuff (full size bottles) in there for $3. And then there's Aldi's. They have excellent wines. I can't remember the name but the label has an owl on it - Winking Owl, maybe? Anyway, that's great wine and it's only around $3 a bottle. There's so much inexpensive good wine out there, even at $6.99 it's not worth it for me. However, if you're not as *ahem* experienced at drinking wine as I am, it would be a neat way to sample different varieties. I have to admit, I'm tempted to try it but, deep down, I know it's just not a good deal for me since I'm certain I won't drink probably 1/2 the wine they send.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it's six mini bottles for 6.99 (+tax) and you don't get to pick them out. Personally, I don't drink whites at all and only like certain reds. I don't know if they sell them where you are but our CVS and QT (gas station - I'm not opposed to gas station wine.) have tons of the mini bottles for $1 each and you get to pick. It's really a great way to try something different. It's also worth your time to check out the clearance bin at the gas station. I've found some nice stuff (full size bottles) in there for $3. And then there's Aldi's. They have excellent wines. I can't remember the name but the label has an owl on it - Winking Owl, maybe? Anyway, that's great wine and it's only around $3 a bottle. There's so much inexpensive good wine out there, even at $6.99 it's not worth it for me. However, if you're not as *ahem* experienced at drinking wine as I am, it would be a neat way to sample different varieties. I have to admit, I'm tempted to try it but, deep down, I know it's just not a good deal for me since I'm certain I won't drink probably 1/2 the wine they send.
    I think that it works like Netflix, in that as you rate the wines you drink they send you more than you like. At least, that's the pitch. In reality, as their business evolves, they're probably going to start sending the cheapest crap they can get a hold of

I think that it works like Netflix, in that as you rate the wines you drink they send you more than you like. At least, that's the pitch. In reality, as their business evolves, they're probably going to start sending the cheapest crap they can get a hold of
    Ah, that makes sense. I quit reading when I saw mini bottles.

I am havings of nifty phone for 20 FRNS:

I buy wine @ Aldi , I think it is Winking Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I buy wine @ Aldi , I think it is Winking Owl.
    That's what I bought for Christmas dinner. I couldn't very well slap a box of Franzia on the table (well, I could but my mom wouldn't let me) and I had to buy something cheap because we're a bunch of lushes. I thought it was good and no one else complained - they would've if they didn't like it, they're $#@!s.

That's what I bought for Christmas dinner. I couldn't very well slap a box of Franzia on the table (well, I could but my mom wouldn't let me) and I had to buy something cheap because we're a bunch of lushes. I thought it was good and no one else complained - they would've if they didn't like it, they're $#@!s.
    Who'd-a thunk the animal family is full of $#@!s?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I am havings of nifty phone for 20 FRNS:
    I haz same phone. Pokemon won't go tho.

Big boobs are over

Breast augmentation is the most popular type of cosmetic surgery in the US, with more than 279,000 women getting boob jobs in 2015, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But if you’re envisioning buoyant Playboy Bunnies or “Baywatch”-era Pamela Anderson, think again. Today, women are ditching the DDs in favor of a more natural-looking B-cup — a trend bolstered by since denied rumors that willowy celebs like Taylor Swift have gotten “mini” boob jobs, barely noticeable augmentations to help them fill out their clothes better.

It helps that fashion trends now tend to favor looks that require the wearer to go braless, adds Hazen, like handkerchief tops, backless dresses, and tight leotards and bodysuits. “If you’re anything bigger than a B, you can’t wear that stuff,” she says.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/20/big-boo...share=facebook

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast