Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the LEFT howling about Brexit and racist/xenophia....

Why is the LEFT howling about Brexit and racist/xenophia....

I keep hearing "racism", "xenophobia", "going backwards...."...

why?

Is it just that sometimes people want to be "free" and others don't?

What is the real benefit of Brexit, and what is the real reason for the vote?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

why?

Because they believe more government is the answer. The EU was more government....
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Because CNN told them that this movement only started with one racist white guy talking about brown people. Not that people have been making a case for leaving the EU for decades. History begins when Wolf Blitzer tells you it does.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

About one half of Muslims in England want to live under Sharia law - about one quarter of Muslims in England want to force everybody else to live under Sharia law. Over half of Muslims in England want to ban homosexuality. These are incompatible cultures and the EU was forcing England to take more Muslim refugees. It doesn't make any sense why the left has pushed diversity and acceptance of people who are very much opposed to diversity and acceptance of others, unless they are trying to destroy the host culture..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

but is it really about "muslims" or about the economic load UK has to sustain to welfare all the other nations? Or is it something more?

The left believes they are intelligent.

The right believes they are moral.

The left and the right think that people who are both intelligent and moral are crazy.

Eventually God will show up and show favor to the crazy people and give them power.

The left and the right will hate God for this even more than they do now.

This will please God and he will laugh.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

but is it really about "muslims" or about the economic load UK has to sustain to welfare all the other nations? Or is it something more?
    D. All of the above
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    D. All of the above
    I vaguely remember you being "Danno" (unless my memory fails me) very pro-illegal immigration for here in the U.S., is it any different for you in regards to Muslims in the UK? Serious question, not jamming on you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I vaguely remember you being "Danno" (unless my memory fails me) very pro-illegal immigration for here in the U.S., is it any different for you in regards to Muslims in the UK? Serious question, not jamming on you.
    Number of 'n's hasn't changed, you are remembering the same poster, I've shifted my views somewhat... Mostly thanks to this guy:

I'm still philosophically open borders, if we had a free society, but Molynuex has argued in some of his other videos that immigration is currently a government program, and the use of force (which we are both against) is less when you have stricter immigration policies than when you bring immigrants in and allow them to use the system they haven't paid for - they are using force against the current population.

I still don't really blame the immigrants for wanting to come here, and it is in large part our government's fault for promoting the entire system that has led to these problems - but we have a unique position and framework for free societies in comparison to the societies and cultures we are letting in and to let that go to waste over immigration policy is probably not a good idea.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-24-2016 at 05:18 PM.

why?

The benefit of Brexit is that the UK won't be told what to do by the EU anymore. They can make their own laws and trade deals now. They can control their borders.

The reason for the vote was that Cameron was going to lose the last election. He agreed to the referendum to sway UKIP voters and hard right conservatives. He gambled it would not pass. He was wrong and had to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    The left believes they are intelligent.

The right believes they are moral.

The left and the right think that people who are both intelligent and moral are crazy.

Eventually God will show up and show favor to the crazy people and give them power.

The left and the right will hate God for this even more than they do now.

This will please God and he will laugh.
    and what they really are - intellectual whores.

Laws in the EU are proposed by unelected elites in the European Commission. The elected European Parliament is only allowed an up or down vote. They may not propose legislation nor amend what the commission send to them. It is not a democracy or any other form of governing that accepts input from the governed. Add to that that the UK has to pay in something like 350 billion euro per year so the elites can fund their pet projects and so employees of the EU can live large (which is how they buy loyalty). Beyond the issue of immigration, the leave side has to be fed up with the taxation w/o representation and elites dictating to the UK (EU makes something like 60% of their laws).

Check this out to see what the EU is (it's very good):

LibForestPaul

Your first mistake is believing there are opposing teams. Now why the circus.
    First, there are a small group of banking cartels which control the schools, the media, and the governments of several nations.
    They have made money on gruesome wars before.
    They need the masses fighting against each other, less they get torched.
    What better way than pit a nation against itself, and against other nations, to divert the masses gaze.

What is scary, and what I see, is a strange parallel between what was done to the Jewish population, and what is now being done to the Muslim population. And as Danno stated, it is all happening at the barrel of a gun. Those in power creating turmoil, for profit. It does not matter to them how much blood is spilled, or how many nations fall, as long as their power continues unabated, and unseen.

Yes it's about open borders and Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Your first mistake is believing there are opposing teams. Now why the circus.
    First, there are a small group of banking cartels which control the schools, the media, and the governments of several nations.
    They have made money on gruesome wars before.
    They need the masses fighting against each other, less they get torched.
    What better way than pit a nation against itself, and against other nations, to divert the masses gaze.

What is scary, and what I see, is a strange parallel between what was done to the Jewish population, and what is now being done to the Muslim population. And as Danno stated, it is all happening at the barrel of a gun. Those in power creating turmoil, for profit. It does not matter to them how much blood is spilled, or how many nations fall, as long as their power continues unabated, and unseen.
    How so? Jews weren't really welcomed with open arms... whereas the muslims are? Explain please. Not challenging your premise, just curious about it.
    I more see it like they are trying to dissolve the member countries history/culture with a tidal wave of immigrants that do not share the host countries values.

About one half of Muslims in England want to live under Sharia law - about one quarter of Muslims in England want to force everybody else to live under Sharia law. Over half of Muslims in England want to ban homosexuality. These are incompatible cultures and the EU was forcing England to take more Muslim refugees. It doesn't make any sense why the left has pushed diversity and acceptance of people who are very much opposed to diversity and acceptance of others, unless they are trying to destroy the host culture..
    This is precisely the rhetoric that gives the 'xenophobia' screamers ammo against Brexit proponents. What you posted falls into the category of fear mongering regarding Muslims.

Why cant you simply stop at saying that the Brits (and all countries) should have the right to make their own immigration policy and tighten borders when they feel it is a good idea? Instead some people feel the need to rant about Muslims and give evidence for the Bremainer's (incorrect) argument that the Brexit is about xenophobia.
    Last edited by ChiefJustice; 06-24-2016 at 09:44 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    This is precisely the rhetoric that gives the 'xenophobia' screamers ammo against Brexit proponents. What you posted falls into the category of fear mongering regarding Muslims.

Why cant you simply stop at saying that the Brits (and all countries) should have the right to make their own immigration policy and tighten borders when they feel it is a good idea? Instead some people feel the need to rant about Muslims and give evidence for the Bremainer's (incorrect) argument that the Brexit is about xenophobia.
    This sounds way too PC. In order to win hearts and minds, you need to be posting stuff like this:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It's called telling the truth. Heresy, I know.

Islam is not compatible with the west, period. There is nothing wrong with stating that fact. Sure, some Muslims are fine and are more culturally Muslim than devout/observant but a huge amount are devout and like their Islamic culture. The UK has set aside days for women only pool days to appease Muslims. They've removed children's books with pig characters to appease Muslims. Whole sections of towns are controlled by Muslims. None of that is acceptable. When in Rome applies. When people emigrate as individuals, they make a conscious choice to leave one culture behind and adopt another. When they are moved like pawns by the social engineers and these mass immigration projects, it's a different matter. As soon as their numbers get big enough they start demanding the host society adapt to their demands and culture. They are being used as weapons to destroy the west.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    It's called telling the truth. Heresy, I know.

Islam is not compatible with the west, period. There is nothing wrong with stating that fact. Sure, some Muslims are fine and are more culturally Muslim than devout/observant but a huge amount are devout and like their Islamic culture. The UK has set aside days for women only pool days to appease Muslims. They've removed children's books with pig characters to appease Muslims. Whole sections of towns are controlled by Muslims. None of that is acceptable. When in Rome applies. When people emigrate as individuals, they make a conscious choice to leave one culture behind and adopt another. When they are moved like pawns by the social engineers and these mass immigration projects, it's a different matter. As soon as their numbers get big enough they start demanding the host society adapt to their demands and culture. They are being used as weapons to destroy the west.
    Call me crazy but as an American I am unconcerned with Islam. OF COURSE Islamic extremism is a global problem but as for a growing Muslim community in this country, not worried. I've known and met a number of Muslims and Muslim families, some fairly integrated to "Western" culture, others devout. When I was teaching, I had a really sweet little girl from a Somalian family of immigrants. Her father was devout and clearly held on to his culture, and he was my favorite parent to deal with. Respectful and friendly..

But I digress, no one really likes to hear about good Muslims. The US is not the EU, and hundreds and thousands of Muslims from war torn countries aren't pouring in at once causing a migrant crisis and a difficulty with integrating them. I'm sure our Muslim population will increase more and more over time but fortunately our country is relatively good when it comes to handling diversity with religion, ethnicity and other nationalities. Not perfect of course...we do have a lot of prejudiced people in our country but we deal with it OK. I'm not worried about the dreaded Islamic weapon coming to take over our country and neither should any US citizen really.

In any case our country will be largely Hispanic in the future and Catholicism the dominant religion of the land so you no need to fret about some sort of Muslim invasion.
    Last edited by ChiefJustice; 06-24-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Call me crazy but as an American I am unconcerned with Islam. OF COURSE Islamic extremism is a global problem but as for a growing Muslim community in this country, not worried. I've known and met a number of Muslims and Muslim families, some fairly integrated to "Western" culture, others devout. When I was teaching, I had a really sweet little girl from a Somalian family of immigrants. Her father was devout and clearly held on to his culture, and he was my favorite parent to deal with. Respectful and friendly..

But I digress, no one really likes to hear about good Muslims. The US is not the EU, and hundreds and thousands of Muslims from war torn countries aren't pouring in at once causing a migrant crisis and a difficulty with integrating them. I'm sure our Muslim population will increase more and more over time but fortunately our country is relatively good when it comes to handling diversity with religion, ethnicity and other nationalities. Not perfect of course...we do have a lot of prejudiced people in our country but we deal with it OK. I'm not worried about the dreaded Islamic weapon coming to take over our country and neither should any US citizen really.

In any case our country will be largely Hispanic in the future and Catholicism the dominant religion of the land so you no need to fret about some sort of Muslim invasion.

Okay, you're crazy.

As for this country being good with "handling diversity", the advent of Muslims coming to the US is rather recent so there is no history with integrating a large number of them.

Islam is not compatible with the west and as more Muslims are shipped here that will become more apparent. It is the duty of every good Muslim to spread Islam and when their numbers are large enough that they feel confident in making demands, they do. When that happens, it's too late.

We have just as many people in the US who want to use Muslims as a weapon against the west as they do in Europe and we have politicians who want to facilitate the UN agenda of transferring them here.

What has been done to girls and women in Europe is an atrocity and it shouldn't be brushed off with a "it can't happen here" mentality. Yes, it can. Please tell me why anyone has the right to impose that $#@! on native born American females who, like European females, will be the ones put at risk by having foreigners with a completely different mindset imposed on them. Screw that.

I'm sure our Muslim population will increase more and more over time but fortunately our country is relatively good when it comes to handling diversity with religion, ethnicity and other nationalities
    A lot of Muslims are not very good when it comes to handling diversity with religion and homosexuality in particular. I have known a lot of people of ME descent, most integrated very well, some better than a lot of white people. But they were all people who immigrated, went to college and had kids. They didn't come over for welfare. That is what is happening in Europe, they are going on welfare and draining the system. They vote socialist, for bigger government and more handouts.

I've actually seen data that the second part of this chart goes in the opposite direction..

It was old white people who pushed Brexit over the line.

Muslims. Afro-Caribbeans, Eastern Europeans all voted to stay.

The Muslim mayor of London is more concerned about booting "too many white men" off the rail commission than Sharia & giving quotas to Pakistanis, Afro-Caribbeans & Eastern Europeans probably.

Checking white privilege is number 1.

Many minorities in the UK probably want a double dip at frivolous racial lawsuits & quotas. Lawsuit in UK court. If that fails go with EU courts which are probably to the left of Britain.

I guess Brussels is more liberal than Britain relatively.

It was also about rapists, financial criminals & pickpockets from eastern Europe flooding into UK.

The police, like with the Muslims, also covered up a lot of rapes committed by Eastern Europeans according to the populist news sites like the UK Sun & Daily Mail.

Work 2 years then become a Polish Drunk and live at the bar all day on benefits.

More recently once the Muslims & North Africans because EU citizens in Italy, Greece & Germany they can move anywhere they want in 2020-2025. They move to the best welfare places: UK, Germany or Scandinavia.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 06-25-2016 at 04:31 AM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    It was old white people who pushed Brexit over the line.

Muslims. Afro-Caribbeans, Eastern Europeans all voted to stay.
    This is an example of why too much immigration from totally different cultures will change the country (usually for the worse). If this vote took place 5+ years from now, BREXIT would have most certainly failed with the increase of immigrants becoming citizens and the growing "minority" population.

To me, too much diversity is globalism.

Sure, some immigrants/minority do believe in libertarian/conservative values.. but most most are for the "other side" which tips the balance against us.

Biggest reason was any immigration and mainly because they were going on welfare.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can anyone name a predominantly muslim country where there is a positive growth of non-muslim belief or population? Talking about real growth from thousands to tens of thousands minimally. On the other hand, the muslim population in most western countries is growing by leaps and bounds...

This is why it is worrisome. Islam is the worlds largest religion and growing everywhere. It is replacing christianity, catholicism, judaism in many places. If anything, we are losing diversity.

What is happening is a global effort to blend every race, nationality, ethnic group into one. To create an empire where there are no borders anymore... just 1 big country separated by economic zones.

Dont you wanna go to japan to experience japanese people, food, music langauge and culture? Go to switzerland to experience swiss women, booze, architecture and customs? All that will disappear if we are too diverse. Some diversity is fine, just not too much. Sure, cultures die and are born throughout history... but it seems like the entire west is being bulldozed in a covert way.

Instead of someone claiming to be the superior race and killing everyone, just make everyone as the same "race" and control them all.

Brexit is interesting. Perhaps this was on purpose. Who knows.

Got a source for 1/4 wanting to force everyone else to live under Sharia?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    To me, too much diversity is globalism.
    So?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Sure, some immigrants/minority do believe in libertarian/conservative values.. but most most are for the "other side" which tips the balance against us.
    Sure, some Anglo-Americans do believe in libertarian/conservative values, but most are for the other side, which tips the balance against us.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Sure, some Anglo-Americans do believe in libertarian/conservative values, but most are for the other side, which tips the balance against us.
    Yes, freedom is not popular across the board, but it is much less popular among, in our country for instance, Hispanic first generation immigrants.

You want more government and more taxation?

Import immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Because CNN told them that this movement only started with one racist white guy talking about brown people. Not that people have been making a case for leaving the EU for decades. History begins when Wolf Blitzer tells you it does.
    Technically the EU has only existed since 2007.

The reasons for the EU sound solid: "To assure the free movement of goods and people within the borders."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, freedom is not popular across the board, but it is much less popular among, in our country for instance, Hispanic first generation immigrants.

You want more government and more taxation?

Import immigrants.
    I disagree. There's no importing of immigrants. Immigrants are choosing to immigrate here. And I'm not so sure that it's the case that freedom is less popular among them. It depends which aspects of freedom you focus on.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic