Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erin Moran who played Joanie Cunningham dies aged 56 'of a suspected heroin over

Erin Moran who played Joanie Cunningham dies aged 56 'of a suspected heroin over

Henry Winkler and Ron Howard lead tributes to their Happy Days co-star Erin Moran after actress who played Joanie Cunningham dies aged 56 'of a suspected heroin overdose'

By JENNY STANTON and ABIGAIL MILLER and ALAN BUTTERFIELD FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 21:03 EDT, 22 April 2017 | UPDATED: 00:00 EDT, 23 April 2017

Erin Moran, who shot to fame playing teenager Joanie Cunningham in 1970s sitcom Happy Days, has died age 56.

Authorities found Moran’s body in Indiana following a call about an ‘unresponsive female at around 4pm Saturday.

A source told DailyMail.com that Moran, who lived in a trailer park in New Salisbury, Indiana, died of a suspected heroin overdose.

Her co-stars including Henry Winkler and Ron Howard were quick to pay tribute to her with poignant messages on Twitter.

Winkler, who played Arthur ‘Fonzie’ Fonzarelli in the show, tweeted, 'OH Erin, now you will finally have the peace you wanted so badly here on earth, Rest In It serenely now, too soon,' just moments after her death was announced.

Howard, who played Richie Cunningham, tweeted in tribute to his on-screen little sister, saying: 'Such sad sad news. RIP Erin. I'll always choose to remember you on our show making scenes better, getting laughs and lighting up tv screens.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thirty days, lord and thirty nights
    I'm comin' home on an airplane flight
    Mama waitin' at the ticket line
    Tell me son why do you stand there cryin'

It was the needle and the spoon
    And a trip to the moon
    Took me away, took me away

I've been feelin' so sick and tired
    Got to get better, lord before I die
    Seven doctors couldn't help my head, they said
    You better quit, son before your dead

Quit the needle. Quit the spoon
    Quit the trip to the moon
    We gonna take you away. Lord, we gonna take you away

It was the needle and the spoon

I've seen a lot of people who thought they were cool
    But then again, lord I've seen a lot of fools
    Well, I hope you people, lord can hear what I say
    You'll have your chance to hit it some day

Don't mess with the needle or a spoon
    Or any trip to the moon
    It'll take you away

Lord, their gonna bury you boy
    Don't mess with the needle
    Now I know, I know, I know
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-22-2017 at 10:28 PM.

RIP .Too young . I knew she was living and working there . Nice place really . About 8 miles North of the old Capital ( Corydon ) . That town sits at the Junction of 135 and 64 . Few miles South nearer the river I hunt artifacts there .
    Do something Danke

I sometimes find it dubious when people point to the simple drug overdose cause of death. The Marshall Tucker Band's Toy Caldwell died prematurely and the coroner said it was cocaine related. Caldwell suffered from chronic bronchitis. He had the flu and went to the doctor the day before he died. Caldwell's family did not believe that cocaine was a major factor in his death. Nevertheless, many people just remember Yeah, he overdosed on drugs. So I will suspend judgement in the case of Moran.

Well, anyway and all that aside. I think the very first couple of years of Happy Days were the best. RIP Erin Moran.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-22-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

RIP, Joannie Cunningham.

I liked the early episodes of Happy Days. The later seasons were an abomination. You could always tell when an episode was from a later season by "Joanie's" hairdo: an anachronistic perm meant the episode was from the later years, and could be skipped.

I used to watch that show on Windows 95..

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I know better than to fall for the hype on the teevee, but I did find it curious that she was living in a trailer in southern Indiana which the teevee has told me is only populated by heroin shootin, crank snortin', AIDS infected white trash crackers.

She was great in the first few years of Happy Days. An annoying little snitch.

Joni loves Chachi deserves its own thread to describe the horror.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I know better than to fall for the hype on the teevee, but I did find it curious that she was living in a trailer in southern Indiana which the teevee has told me is only populated by heroin shootin, crank snortin', AIDS infected white trash crackers.

She was great in the first few years of Happy Days. An annoying little snitch.

Joni loves Chachi deserves its own thread to describe the horror.
    Actually very nice & scenic there in Harrison Co . , also a nice view of the River .
    Do something Danke

Surely, there is no hype or sensationalism in a film titled "A Hit of Hell".

Especially, when they take it on a road show to present to the local pubic skrools.

http://www.wlky.com/article/state-of...county/9535771

HARRISON COUNTY, Ind. —

A documentary about heroin premiered in Corydon on Thursday.

"A Hit of Hell" featured interviews from inmates at the Harrison County Jail and recovering addicts. It will eventually be shown at schools across Harrison County.

Brooke Mattingly participated in the project.

"If I could just help one person, it's well worth it," Mattingly said.

Mattingly began abusing drugs in 2009 and said by 2011, she was using heroin.

"I've been in here, off and on, since 2009," Mattingly said. "Almost every year."

Mattingly said she began to get her life back on track when Harrison County Prosecutor Otto Schalk asked her to share her story.

"It's not anything I'm proud of, but it's the reality of it," Mattingly said. "I'm glad I could be a part of it and help."

Mattingly is one of several recovering heroin addicts featured in "A Hit of Hell."

Schalk said he hoped the film is "eye opening" for kids in Harrison County.

"These people who are dying, hey, they went to the same high school as you," Schalk said. "They played on the same football team as you do. You know, they went to your middle school, and so it kind of hits close to home."

No topic was off limits, including overdoses.

Mattingly said she was lucky, because she only overdosed once.

"Probably the scariest thing I've ever been through," Mattingly said. "But it still wasn't enough to make me quit."

Mattingly said she finally got clean after going to rehab earlier this year.

She said no drug is worth more than life.

"You think you can do it just this one time, and it's not going to affect you, but it will," Mattingly said. "You're either going to end up in jail or prison or dead."

"A Hit of Hell" was produced entirely in Harrison County.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 04-23-2017 at 12:32 PM.

So, we depose the Taliban in Afghanistan, which we had initially supported, but then deposed, two years after Mullah Omar essentially shut down opium production.

We then support a puppet regime that, while not openly encouraging opium production, turns a blind toward it.

Which means, we, the US, turns a blind eye toward it as well, by proxy.

Opium and heroin production skyrockets.

Heroin overdose deaths in the US skyrocket.

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, we depose the Taliban in Afghanistan, which we had initially supported, but then deposed, two years after Mullah Omar essentially shut down opium production.

We then support a puppet regime that, while not openly encouraging opium production, turns a blind toward it.

Which means, we, the US, turns a blind eye toward it as well, by proxy.

Opium and heroin production skyrockets.

Heroin overdose deaths in the US skyrocket.

Any questions?
    Oh it's much much worse than that. At one point the U.S. military was openly protecting the poppy fields.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Well, if she really did enjoy being downed out I hope she passed painlessly...

Big Pharma Exposed for Knowingly Causing Opioid Epidemic, Ushering in a Heroin Nightmare
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/big...BiTGZ81ACmX.99
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Let me offer a different take. There are tons of former child/youth stars who end up dying early and the cause of death is supposedly drug abuse. I think some of this can be chalked up to some other form of abuse as a result of the human trafficking done by Disney, Nickelodean, the NCAA, the pageant racket, and the like.

Some people have healthy families and good support and don't fall victim to the nonsense they put these young people through, but most do not, and I feel like children should not be put in situations where they are forced to perform for adults who pay them a lot of money.

And this is no new phenomenon. It has been going on forever. It is documented in the films and tv shows they left behind. It is a freaking shame.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Let me offer a different take. There are tons of former child/youth stars who end up dying early and the cause of death is supposedly drug abuse. I think some of this can be chalked up to some other form of abuse as a result of the human trafficking done by Disney, Nickelodean, the NCAA, the pageant racket, and the like.

Some people have healthy families and good support and don't fall victim to the nonsense they put these young people through, but most do not, and I feel like children should not be put in situations where they are forced to perform for adults who pay them a lot of money.

And this is no new phenomenon. It has been going on forever. It is documented in the films and tv shows they left behind. It is a freaking shame.
    Great point! Hollywood has a very dark side no doubt.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

You are right. People like Jay North, Tracey Gold, and Erin Moran herself have spoken about the pressures of being a kid in Hollywood, and then eventually tossed aside as Hollywood moves on, often leaving them penniless. Moran successfully sued CBS over royalties, but most child stars aren't as successful.

Unfortunately, it's too late for so many child actors: Dana Plato, Gary Coleman, Rusty Hamer, Corey Haim, River Phoenix, Bobby Driscoll, Carl Switzer...

I would say that drug and alcohol abuse played a big part in ruining the lives of many child actors. Many child stars have families who helped them cope with the pressures both in front of and behind the camera. But with some child actors, the families were a part of the problem.

Son of a bitch!

We got trolled.

I wonder what sick $#@! got this heroin thing started in the first place.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...g-to-help.html

Erin Moran 'likely died' of complications of stage 4 cancer, autopsy reveals

Stage 4 cancer .
    Do something Danke

I think I'd prefer the heroin.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Son of a bitch!

We got trolled.

Could have very well been "self medicating" for the pain.

I had a dentist passed away from same about that age . By the time he felt bad and got checked he had stage 4 lung cancer ( non smoker ) .Dead a few weeks later . He had a son still in grade school . He was my replacement dentist for my previous dentist who had passed away . Once I went to my third dentist he commented about how happy he was to have me . I thought , well I would not be to sure about that .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-24-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Do something Danke

RIP, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I had a dentist passed away from same about that age . By the time he felt bad and got checked he had stage 4 lung cancer ( non smoker ) .Dead a few weeks later . He had a son still in grade school . He was my replacement dentist for my previous dentist who had passed away . Once I went to my third dentist he commented about how happy he was to have me . I thought , well I would not be to sure about that .
    Dentist killer.

Mr Animal's crushes turn gay, lol. Being a dentist killer is better than being a lesbian maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    You are right. People like Jay North, Tracey Gold, and Erin Moran herself have spoken about the pressures of being a kid in Hollywood, and then eventually tossed aside as Hollywood moves on, often leaving them penniless. Moran successfully sued CBS over royalties, but most child stars aren't as successful.

Unfortunately, it's too late for so many child actors: Dana Plato, Gary Coleman, Rusty Hamer, Corey Haim, River Phoenix, Bobby Driscoll, Carl Switzer...

I would say that drug and alcohol abuse played a big part in ruining the lives of many child actors. Many child stars have families who helped them cope with the pressures both in front of and behind the camera. But with some child actors, the families were a part of the problem.
    And it's not just Hollywood/Disney/Nickelodean. It's also NCAA sports and pageants and the whole child/youth exploitation racket. I think it hit me harder this year when the potential NFL draftees were at the combine. They talked about one athlete's measurements, and the horror washed over me. This is a slave auction in a 21st centery context. In all the talk about racisim and blah, blah, blah, we have a market that demands aspiring athletes submit to the degradation of it all. Hideous.

Grown ups need to cut it out.
    Last edited by euphemia; 04-25-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Son of a bitch!

We got trolled.

Yeah, I am not surprised.

Cancer = good news story
    Heroin OD = better news story

All of this is news is so money driven. I am not necessarily buying that Hollywood stars have it worse with divorce, drugs, and such. I guess that would be hard to determine since you would first have to define Hollywood star. Research does show however, that higher income people live better lives than the poor in many areas. They are less likely to divorce, less likely to smoke, are more educated, live longer, eat better food, etc. You can argue about the fairness of that, the misery of couples who stay together, how money makes it easier, etc., but this oft-told narrative of the noble poor is often baloney. (Maybe it's ironic that the narrative often comes from the entertainment world.)

There are thousands of child stars. I will bet most of them grow up to live normally, however you might define that. They might even grow up to be more normal than kids who never had access to these great opportunities. Here just 46 stars who seem pretty normal. Find me 46 who ODed on heroin or whatever.

http://www.hollywood.com/tv/tv-child...33/#/ms-2371/1
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-25-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Whoever thinks former child actors should not be encouraged to OD on heroin can get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

If she did in fact have cancer I hope she had heroin available for the pain....

strange, every front page I've seen said cancer as cause of death. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post

Yep, they are saying she had squamous cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/erin-m...usband-letter/

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Three days after the Daily Mail publication.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast