Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Ron Paul podcast by doing amazon shopping thru his podcast link

Support Ron Paul podcast by doing amazon shopping thru his podcast link

this is a really good podcast, and I want to point out the message in the middle that if you buy on amazon and go to Podcast1.com www.podcastONE.com and to the Ron Paul page, and click the amazon link to do your shopping, a portion of the money will support the Ron Paul show so they can have fewer ads etc. Given that a lot of people pick these up and circulate them on videos, and even though they are careful to keep the ads in, it may not be counted by his sponsors, I for one will use that link and hope Chris from Minnesota and others who put out those videos will put a message in the comments telling people about that.

lol! I just tried it and it comes up in Chinese and won't translate for me. I will play with it and try to post a direct link but if anyone else gets there first would you please post it here?

here is a direct link then scroll to the bottom for the BANNER AD for amazon, first it says the kind of products they have, toys and shoes and books etc, then it changes to amazon:

http://podcastone.com/Ron-Pauls-Podcast
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-17-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are the links to his podcast pages:

Daily:
    http://www.podcastone.com/program?ac...&programID=473

Weekly:
    http://www.podcastone.com/Ron-Pauls-Podcast

I've looked for the Amazon link before and never found it.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    These are the links to his podcast pages:

Daily:
    http://www.podcastone.com/program?ac...&programID=473

Weekly:
    http://www.podcastone.com/Ron-Pauls-Podcast

I've looked for the Amazon link before and never found it.
    It doesn't say it is there, it specifically says 'go to podcast 1 dot com...then to the Ron Paul page, then click the amazon link'.... hm... maybe it is podcastONE.com not podcast1dot com
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    It doesn't say it is there, it specifically says 'go to podcast 1 dot com...then to the Ron Paul page, then click the amazon link'.... hm... maybe it is podcastONE.com not podcast1dot com
    Going to podcastone .com then to the Ron Paul page takes you to those links I posted.

this is a really good podcast, and I want to point out the message in the middle that if you buy on amazon and go to Podcast1.com www.podcastONE.com and to the Ron Paul page, and click the amazon link to do your shopping, a portion of the money will support the Ron Paul show so they can have fewer ads etc. Given that a lot of people pick these up and circulate them on videos, and even though they are careful to keep the ads in, it may not be counted by his sponsors, I for one will use that link and hope Chris from Minnesota and others who put out those videos will put a message in the comments telling people about that.

lol! I just tried it and it comes up in Chinese and won't translate for me. I will play with it and try to post a direct link but if anyone else gets there first would you please post it here?

here is a direct link then scroll to the bottom for the BANNER AD for amazon:

http://podcastone.com/Ron-Pauls-Podcast

Going to podcastone .com then to the Ron Paul page takes you to those links I posted.
    see my post just below yours... it is a BANNER AD

see my post just below yours... it is a BANNER AD
    I forgot I have an ad block on my browser so I can't see it...lol sorry about that. I was wondering why they would promote it but not put it on the page.

I forgot I have an ad block on my browser so I can't see it...lol sorry about that. I was wondering why they would promote it but not put it on the page.
    worse than that, it has three screens of the kind of products they sell before it ever morphs into 'amazon' but you can link before it morphs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah yes, Adam Carolla did that on his show and it was very successful.

C'mon people, you know you buy stuff on Amazon once in a while, just remember to go to the site and click on the ad first next time!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ah yes, Adam Carolla did that on his show and it was very successful.

C'mon people, you know you buy stuff on Amazon once in a while, just remember to go to the site and click on the ad first next time!!
    I just bought a ton of stuff there. I wish I'd found the link before. I'll use it now, though.

just bought end the fed with that link... double whammy

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    just bought end the fed with that link... double whammy
    + rep!

Sorry, I'll pass

Dr. Paul needs to stop bullying the ronpaul.com folks and stop attempting to seize their domain/property without compensation before he ever gets another penny from me.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Sorry, I'll pass

Dr. Paul needs to stop bullying the ronpaul.com folks and stop attempting to seize their domain/property without compensation before he ever gets another penny from me.
    you mean stop enforcing the contract they agreed to on what they can't use the site for?

Lucky you. You don't know what your missing!

I used it for years until I kept running into browser resource problems. I still have them but not as bad as with Ad Block. It's a jungle out here without it.

I saw the Amazon banner but nothing about donations going to the podcast.

Also went back and got a different banner and had to hit, "refresh" to get the Amazon one back.

you mean stop enforcing the contract they agreed to on what they can't use the site for?
    Public domain is allowed on their site....as a publicly elected official, Ron Paul's name and image are in the public domain.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Public domain is allowed on their site....as a publicly elected official, Ron Paul's name and image are in the public domain.
    That isn't how past cases have gone and if this one goes that way it will be decided in their favor but that isn't what this thread is about. If you don't want to support Ron by buying through amazon on his site, don't.

Sort of boycotting amazon at the moment due to their pushing the internet sales tax, but that's probably moot because so many people want to do business with amazon and the government is gonna pass that internet tax anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Sort of boycotting amazon at the moment due to their pushing the internet sales tax, but that's probably moot because so many people want to do business with amazon and the government is gonna pass that internet tax anyway.
    they want an even playing field and I dont blame that impulse but the internet tax for those who DON'T regularly get money from thousand of different jurisdictions needing to know all of them is absolutely cost prohibitive and I am pissed about that as well. Regardless amazon is a good service and while I'll buy at overstock, all else being equal (the CEO being a Ron Paul supporter) I'm not mad at them as much as I am at Monsanto who is on an offensive. Amazon spent millions on their own fighting this in many states and only when they lost did they change. I can see the business decision without their being evil. Either they get more supporting the fight (they had no support) or it is applied to all. I don't like it, though.

We should actually be boycotting Amazon.

Sometimes I forget that this is actually a cult, I guess.

And Amazon didn't "lose" - they are getting hundreds of millions of dollars in tax breaks in the states where they build their warehouses.
    Last edited by angelatc; 05-18-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I was sort of thinking that for years they stood on the side of a free market system.

When they were cornered into setting up a systems to decipher and collect sales taxes, didn't they move out of states just to avoid all of the hassle? It is pretty confusing. If you do a deal somewhere outside of a jurisdiction should irrelevant rules apply?

Anyway I guess they've worked out some sort of system that will allow them to deal with it in some way. I never would of thought of them as a supporter though, and I still find that tough to swallow.

No disrespect meant, nobody's_hero.

Can I bookmark the ad link or do I have to go directly through the Ron Paul page everytime?
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Can I bookmark the ad link or do I have to go directly through the Ron Paul page everytime?
    I think you have to go through Ron's page, but I don't know. YOu could bookmark his page, though, then scroll down.

I THINK it is the referal FROM Ron's site that makes the credit go to him, but I don't really have the tech background to be certain.

bump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a no brainer. Thanks for posting OP.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Sorry, I'll pass

So what now? You're boycotting Ron Paul? Really?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    So what now? You're boycotting Ron Paul? Really?
    Anything wrong about my donation money going to other liberty causes than my donation money going to the RP lawyers that are harassing the ronpaul.com folks...the lawyers who are attempting to seize their domain/property?

A few minutes ago I donated to the Kokesh defense fund.

.the lawyers who are attempting to seize their domain/property?
    its not their property. its a lease.
    a lease that was granted with terms. i guess those terms aren't that important to people.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    We should actually be boycotting Amazon.
    But not Walmart??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    But not Walmart??
    I don't have to actively boycott Wamart, I can't stand to go there in my natural state.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast