Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle Fires its Manager for asking for Up Front Payment from Repeat Dine and Dasher

Chipotle Fires its Manager for asking for Up Front Payment from Repeat Dine and Dasher

A Chipotle Manager politely demanded up front payment from repeat Dine and Dash Food thief.

The thief recorded and posted it to Twitter alleging racial discrimination:

Chipotle sides with thief and immediately fires its Manager.

Public backlash against Chipotle as the thief is exposed as repeat dine and dasher:

Only after the social media backlash, Chipotle says it will investigate and may rethink its firing.

Last edited by AZJoe; 11-18-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Social Media blasts the thief:

Last edited by AZJoe; 11-18-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

double post
    Do something Danke

Fire her ? I would give her a bonus .
    Do something Danke

Can somebody translate that dude's tweets...I don't speak jive.

Diversity.

Stealing or trying to steal a $12 meal is bad, but that's just a minor petit crime.
    His posting the video and the falsely character assassinating the worker across the whole internet and getting her fired is just despicable.

Chipotle wants to encourage people to steal from them?

What will that do to their profit margin and stock value?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    He has previously stolen food on my occasions then bragged about it on twitter.
    When a manager recognized him and refused to serve him without payment up front, he called it racist, complained to corporate and got her $#@!canned.
    The internet exposed his past; but the company refused to rehire her saying she didn't follow policy.
    --which is especially $#@!ed up as this same thug has posted that if a bitch manager tries to stop you, to "truck" her.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-18-2018 at 08:01 PM.

If they can't afford to pay for food, why don't they just put it on a credit card like a normal person?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    When a manager recognized him and refused to serve him without payment up front, he called it racist, complained to corporate and got her $#@!canned.
    The internet exposed his past; but the company refused to rehire her saying she didn't follow policy.
    --which is especially $#@!ed up as this same thug has posted that if a bitch manager tries to stop you, to "truck" her.
    Not sure what trucked means. Run, maybe? But the article states that the manager recognized him from an incident at the restaurant earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Chipotle wants to encourage people to steal from them?

What will that do to their profit margin and stock value?
    I would not own that stock or eat there . $#@! company .
    Do something Danke

Truck is probably similar to bum rush.

bum rush

To attack someone or something by wildly charging them full force with no sort of tact or skill other than one's own momentum and possibly the backs and sides of their fists as they randomly flail them out of rage, but certainly consisting of no precisely swung blows.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=bum%20rush

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Diversity.
    For anyone who is unaware, this dine and dash scene from that 70s show was inspired by the Somali immigrant tradition of eating and not paying. If you laugh at the comedy in the clip, just know that you owe diversity for it.

Which tweet were you translating for Af?

The dine and dashers actually knew what they were doing, hence the tweet where he said the chipotle management is catching up to them. The teenagers did not actually call anyone a racist, the closest thing was when one said she was stereotyping them. Lastly, I doubt anyone of em complained to corporate and/or tried to get anyone fired. They were just butt hurt and posted the incident to twitter trying to solicit sympathy and maybe reinstatement of their scam.

Not defending the thieves in this post, just think you did a wee bit more than translating in that post. An old school man like AF would actually believe that is what was said in the series of tweets

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Which tweet were you translating for Af?

The dine and dashers actually knew what they were doing, hence the tweet where he said the chipotle management is catching up to them. The teenagers did not actually call anyone a racist, the closest thing was when one said she was stereotyping them. Lastly, I doubt anyone of em complained to corporate and/or tried to get anyone fired. They were just butt hurt and posted the incident to twitter trying to solicit sympathy and maybe reinstatement of their scam.

Not defending the thieves in this post, just think you did a wee bit more than translating in that post. An old school man like AF would actually believe that is what was said in the series of tweets
    Perhaps you should read them then?

Can a group of young well established African American get a bite to eat after a long workout session. @ChipotleTweets ?? pic.twitter.com/Sj8RaeINj6
    He tweeted it AT chipotles corporate account. And the mention of African americans to make it about race.

Perhaps you should read them then?

He tweeted it AT chipotles corporate account. And the mention of African americans to make it about race.
    I read them all which is why I asked you to tell me which tweet u were translating. I can see how mentioning their race would make you believe that they were accusing the manager of being racist so I will concede that point.

So is that the only tweet u translated for Afib?

I read them all which is why I asked you to tell me which tweet u were translating. I can see how mentioning their race would make you believe that they were accusing the manager of being racist so I will concede that point.

Did you watch the video?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He gave me an overview of the whole event.

Keep in mind that it was not necessary, the whole thing was started by my tongue-in-cheek wisecrack at the execrable spelling, grammar and sentence structure of the people in question.

I am fully fluent in jive, even when typed out in a $#@!ter message so as to resemble nothing more than hooting gibbons in a tree.

Diversity.
    Yup......

Keep in mind that it was not necessary, the whole thing was started by my tongue-in-cheek wisecrack at the execrable spelling, grammar and sentence structure of the people in question.

I am fully fluent in jive, even when typed out in a $#@!ter message so as to resemble nothing more than hooting gibbons in a tree.
    I'm not even moderately fluent and have absolutely no desire to become so.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    Yes I did and what is your point?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    That wasn't part of the OP tweets but thanks for adding it to the conversation. It certainly helps better understand the mentality of the food thieves.

Is that you being tongue and cheek again? cos I just don't see the execrable spelling, grammar and sentence structure errors in his tweet. The spelling in the tweets were mostly on point. One tweet he used a few correctly spelled non jive slang, "finna" and another he used "catchin", "yoooo" and "thang" and for real misspellings, he typed "by" when he clearly mean't to say "buy" and "goto" when he most likely meant "go to", he also missed a few commas and a question marks, but the apostrophes were all there.

Don't get me wrong, these people are thieves trying to steal from a hardworking and productive individual but it feels like you are widely exaggerating the events happening. And the slang they used is not jive, ebonics maybe? but I am sure as hell it ain't jive anything.

I've dealt with dine-n-dashers. If they are known dashers, I wouldn't have even served them if they paid up front. As a matter of fact, my go line is, "Get the $#@! out" before they even try to order. IMO, she was too nice to them.

And, btw, some places make employee pay for dine-n-dashers.

Fired and retrained. SMDH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Is that you being tongue and cheek again? cos I just don't see the execrable spelling, grammar and sentence structure errors in his tweet. The spelling in the tweets were mostly on point. One tweet he used a few correctly spelled non jive slang, "finna" and another he used "catchin", "yoooo" and "thang" and for real misspellings, he typed "by" when he clearly mean't to say "buy" and "goto" when he most likely meant "go to", he also missed a few commas and a question marks, but the apostrophes were all there.

Don't get me wrong, these people are thieves trying to steal from a hardworking and productive individual but it feels like you are widely exaggerating the events happening. And the slang they used is not jive, ebonics maybe? but I am sure as hell it ain't jive anything.
    I don't see how he's exaggerated the events. You could make an argument that he's exaggerated the language/spelling/grammar they chose to use in their Tweets but the events are well documented by the scumbags themselves. The men in the video are massive pieces of $#@!. They are thieves who find it amusing to harass people. $#@! 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

When I pay for gas, I can either pay with cash in advance, or have my credit card approved before I can pump. Not a big deal.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-19-2018 at 06:21 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't see how he's exaggerated the events. You could make an argument that he's exaggerated the language/spelling/grammar they chose to use in their Tweets but the events are well documented by the scumbags themselves. The men in the video are massive pieces of $#@!. They are thieves who find it amusing to harass people. $#@! 'em.
    Yes, you are right, the attempted thievery of the scumbags is not in question.

Their tweets

resemble nothing more than hooting gibbons in a tree.

is what I think is widely exaggerated. He is a AF so I kinda get the dog whistle included in the post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast