Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to announce gun control this week

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Chris T. is a class act and long term member that I have personally conversed with numerous times.

You got a political issue, state it.

Otherwise pipe down.

Thanks, brother. Inappreciate your having my back. I've got yours if you ever need it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    A lot people do.

A lot of people support him without question.

He's a galvanizing figure no doubt.

I have a foot in each camp...on this issue, his record and his public statements are pretty bad.

That bumpstock ban is a $#@!ing zombie that is going to start biting heads off here shortly...wait and see.
    But here is the deal.
    If Trump outlawed partial birth abortion, I would not start calling Trump a right wing Christian wing nut zealot because he banned partial birth abortion...
    ...Though I am FOR partial birth abortion. I believe in slippery slope fallacy as well. To make it illegal gives the in utero rights before its first breath, and I am 100% against that.

But the whole "bump stock ban" ain't much of a thing, I really don't care about it. To me it's like partial birth abortion. Both are rare, and usually not necessary.

SO, yeah, if Trump does red flag laws, I will be very alarmed. What I expect are the politicians way out "A list of laws that strengthen background checks". It gets rolled over in congress a bit like the rumble in a lower gut and then escapes harmlessly as a fart. That's what I expect.

Kind of like 90% of the alarmist headlines that have been screamed across this board for the past 3 years. Most of them have turned out to be harmless farts, while people like CCTelander has been screaming that we are about to get buried in diarrhea.

And at the core of it, is a big desire to convince me trump is evil.
    If I ever decide Trump is evil, it will have nothing to do with the constant gnashing of teeth of the haters here about everything Trump might do or is considering or Tweets about even.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-15-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    But the whole "bump stock ban" ain't much of a thing, I really don't care about it. To me it's like partial birth abortion. Both are rare, and usually not necessary.
    See, the problem is not who cares about a bump stock, what it is or how it works.

The precedent has now been set that, by Executive Action, the president can direct an un-elected and un-accountable regulatory bureaucracy to issue a fatwa that bans a firearm part (or anything else for that matter).

President Sanders will come along and use that newly found "power" to "direct" ATF to declare that any magazine over 5 rounds is a "machine gun" part, for example.

This will happen, and surely you can see the problem here.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Banned

Blog Entries
    See, the problem is not who cares about a bump stock, what it is or how it works.

The precedent has now been set that, by Executive Action, the president can direct an un-elected and un-accountable regulatory bureaucracy to issue a fatwa that bans a firearm part (or anything else for that matter).

President Sanders will come along and use that newly found "power" to "direct" ATF to declare that any magazine over 5 rounds is a "machine gun" part, for example.

This will happen, and surely you can see the problem here.
    Yes, and making partial birth abortion illegal will end all abortions.

I simply do not believe that.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Thanks, brother. Inappreciate your having my back. I've got yours if you ever need it.
    No problem at all...I just wanted to weigh in, I thought the comment was too personal and combative, which can happen to all of us, I'm just as guilty.

The fact is though, there are not enough of "us" to be at each other's throats.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Yes, and making partial birth abortion illegal will end all abortions.

I simply do not believe that.
    If it was done through, say FDA, I could see that happening.

The fact is though, there are not enough of "us" to be at each other's throats.
    exactly.

!!

Make all the noise you want in opposition to gun control, I do.
    But commenting on what Trump might do before he does it and condemning him for what you imagine he might do is just dumb.
    I'll comment when I know what he says.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But commenting on what Trump might do before he does it and condemning him for what you imagine he might do is just dumb.

For your continued edification:

Oh bull$#@!. The time for "wait and see" is long, LONG past.Trump has already made his intentions quite clear through his previous actions and there's no credible reason to believe anything has changed in that regard.

He's banned an entire class of firearms accessories via executive fiat. This banned not only bump stocks but the HellFire device along with several similar devices. Now, thanks to Trump, a gun owner who bought a HellFire 15 or 20 years ago and tried it temporarily but decided he didn't like it so he took it off his rifle and tossed it in a box to be promptly forgotten about could now be facing TEN YEARS in prison as the owner of an unregistered machine gun. This is no small thing. ATF has a LONG, sordid history or sending innocent people just like that to federal prison on just such charges.

And don't think your rubber band work-around is safe either. "...ATF once issued a letter ruling saying a 14-inch shoestring was a machine gun because it could be used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic weapon. The letter was later rescinded." https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wh...a-machine-gun/

Trump has also explicitly expressed his support for red flag laws, universal background checks, raising the age to buy rifles to 21 and other victim disarmament proposals.

No, there's no rational reason to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on Victim disarmament.

Plus, if this $#@! is to be stopped, the earlier one can marshal one's forces to do so, the better one's chances are. The process should have been started when the bump stock situation was first being talked about if not before, but Trump apologists and ass kissers managed to blunt the edge of the opposition then. And now they're trying to do so again, it seems. $#@! that.
    Then there's the ending of almost 25 year's worth of forward momentum and handing thevinitiative over to the gun grabbers that you yourself have acknowledged. There's more than enough reason to take this very seriously provided by Trump himself.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I disagree. His base did a lets wait and see before and we ended up with the bump stock ban. Without any push back now Trump will keep moving further to left on gun control believing his base of support is still with him in his pathetic quest for approval from his opposition through gun control legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I disagree. His base did a lets wait and see before and we ended up with the bump stock ban. Without any push back now Trump will keep moving further to left on gun control believing his base of support is still with him in his pathetic quest for approval from his opposition through gun control legislation.
    I said to push against gun control, I am not saying we should stay quiet.
    I just am not going to comment or rush to judgement on what Trump says before he says it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I said to push against gun control, I am not saying we should stay quiet.
    I just am not going to comment or rush to judgement on what Trump says before he says it.

Even if he says it, should wait for his actions... although some would argue that a statement is an action too.

Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well if he does every effort should be made to ensure he loses since if he wins we will continue to slowly lose our rights while he virtue signals to his enemies. If he loses and we get the worst of the Dems on guns and they are not blocked perhaps some states will be more willing to break away from the federal government. At least there might be a choice, free states or regions as opposed to states under control of the fascist DNC.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Even if he says it, should wait for his actions... although some would argue that a statement is an action too.
    In this case his statements affect the momentum of the gun rights vs. gun control fight and the overton window, the statement is an action that should be attacked if it is bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't know his political issues.
    Fact of the matter is I glaze over every post I have ever read of his.
    There is nothing memorable about him.

I know he hates Trump, and I see him in "trump considering" threads prematurely ejaculating the champagne of victory all over the places, in an orgasm of I told you so's about things that generally do not happen, or are not really a big deal.
    And I remember you specifically claiming he might be the next messiah.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump has repeatedly directly attacked 2A and in the process is moving the overton window on gun control in the wrong direction. His words will be used by future Democrat and Republican Presidents to pass gun control legislation. Even if he does nothing it is still too late since his language has already softened everyone up for it to be passed at some future date like when the next lunatic pops off.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    And I remember you specifically claiming he might be the next messiah.

Thanks for the back up. I turned the job down. Too much trouble.
    Chris

Thanks for the back up. I turned the job down. Too much trouble.
    Not you, Trump.
    "The Patriarch"

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Sounds like his $#@! daughter is talking him into things again. If he told the truth in 2015 about his son-in-laws role and that she would be an advisor, he would have never won. He made a promise in 2015 they would not play a role and that deal breaker continually comes back to haunt his supporters.

White House considering phone app for background checks as part of gun control proposals
    https://fox8.com/2019/09/15/white-ho...rol-proposals/
    MAGA supporters might object to use of such language about a sitting First Daughter and Senior White House advisor. And to be fair, MAGA wanted to stop nepotism and them to move back to NYC:

Donald Trump Wants Ivanka and Jared Kushner to Move Back Home to NYC
    By Beatrice Dupuy On 11/22/17
    The latest report follows an earlier story in Politico that Trump has mentioned his concerns in front of other staffers, telling his daughter and White House adviser, “Baby, you’re getting killed, this is a bad deal.”
    Kushner’s influence in the White House appears to be waning, signaling that the couple could soon be leaving town. Vanity Fair reported that chief of staff John Kelly has “clipped his wings.”

Critics had called it fakenews but that doesn't go with the straight forward track record of MAGA leadership.
    But then things took some strange turns:

Ivanka Trump involved in congressional outreach on gun reform

August 13, 2019 / 10:04 AM / CBS News
    President Trump's daughter and senior aide Ivanka Trump is involved in the White House's outreach to members of Congress, a White House official told CBS News. Her outreach, the official said, is a part of the White House office of legislative affairs' efforts to engage members of Congress in talks about gun policy.
    Ivanka Trump "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams," a White House official said. Axios first reported Ivanka Trump's involvement.
    The president's elder daughter was the first in the Trump family to declare the shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, acts of "terror." And she has voiced support for "red flag" laws, which would allow law enforcement to take weapons from Americans deemed to be a risk to themselves or others.

Trump says Ivanka would be hard to beat for president
    President pressured staff to grant security clearance to Ivanka Trump
    By Pamela Brown and Kaitlan Collins, CNN
    Wed March 6, 2019

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Not you, Trump.

Dude said something similar about me once too, sarcastically, of course.
    Chris

Dupe
    Last edited by CCTelander; 09-15-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Chris

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast