Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Berkeley Communist Riot thread

Official Berkeley Communist Riot thread

Unprecedented measures at Berkeley for conservative writer's speech, from pepper spray to emotional counseling for students

To see what free speech looks like in 2017 at the birthplace of the famed movement, consider the elaborate preparations underway for a talk Thursday by a conservative writer.

Ben Shapiro isn’t nearly as controversial as some right-wing speakers who have roiled the campus over the last year.

Nonetheless, UC Berkeley has told students that counseling is available to those stressed by all the commotion. A large swath of the campus will be closed off, including the plaza where the free speech movement began in the 1960s. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent on security, and police can now use pepper spray on protesters after a 20-year-old ban was lifted by the City Council this week.

Shapiro’s appearance is a key test for Berkeley, which has been hit by a series of violent clashes between far-left and far-right agitators that have sparked soul-searching in this liberal community about the line between protest and criminal behavior. Berkeley has become a favorite spot for far-right demonstrators to speak out, knowing they can get attention and push buttons in enemy territory.

The Thursday event marks the start of a parade of right-wing speakers who may be coming to campus over the next month. They include former White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, who announced that they will appear as part of a “Free Speech Week” event on campus.
    More: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When is Ben Shapiro supposed to start?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    When is Ben Shapiro supposed to start?
    IIRC, 7pm PDT.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Anyone find any streams yet?

It will most likely be uneventful. Antifa and the like are cowards.... they won't want to face police opposition.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I'm all for North Korea annexing UCB, if the kiddos really want real communism. There's likely a premium on huwite whores - boys, girls, and others - in Kim's magic kingdom. Yeah, Berkley can call it the "stretching our horizons" transfer, if it gets too tough to sell parents.

Free speech movement began in 1960s Berkeley? Good one.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right now, the protesters are doing the call and response speaking, where someone says a short sentence and the crowd repeats it. Pretty creepy and cult-like stuff.

They have had a massive police presence all day, but that's a waste of money. A skeleton crew of cops could take care of things until dusk, when the criminal element starts to come out.

Some Periscope feeds.

https://www.periscope.tv/search?q=berkely

EDIT: Lauren Southern coverage.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 09-14-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Another live feed:

Live feed of speech:

They literally believe that he's a Nazi.
    Stop believing stupid things

Event is over. Now will the attendees be able to leave safely?

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    They literally believe that he's a Nazi.
    I'd be in stitches, if this bull$#@! wasn't so common now. They're surrounded by armed, (campus?) riot police and think nothing of it. Oh yeah, they might throw some dog poop or tomatoes, but at the end of the night, they still go home for dinner. Only in Murka.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Another live feed:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another live feed:

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "I'm in my safe space!"

More live:

According to one of the feeds, a girl was holding a "free speech" sign and a couple of other girls took the sign then head slammed her on the asphalt, knocking her out. Have to assume the assaulters were probably Antifa.

More live:

Ambulance coming in this feed.

More live:

The ability to change the view is super cool. Oh hat cams, how far we've come.

Some Antifa scumbag (female) just yelled at unconscious girl being taken away: "that's what happens when you are a Nazi."

According to one of the feeds, a girl was holding a "free speech" sign and a couple of other girls took the sign then head slammed her on the asphalt, knocking her out. Have to assume the assaulters were probably Antifa.

"That's what you get for being a Nazi!" An antifa chick screamed as they loaded her into the ambulance..

edit: beat me by seconds!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bit of scuffling seemed to start up. Cops came in, arresting someone.

Bit of scuffling seemed to start up. Cops came in, arresting someone.
    Bummer, no IHOP for them tonight.

And it comes down to Lauren Southern vs. Yvette Falarka (and fat little troll friend).

Has anyone else noticed this trend that folks skewing towards the left-end of the spectrum tend to be physically revolting from a genetic perspective? I doubt anyone believes their genes should propagate through time.

The left isn't sending their best, folks. Or they are, in which case we should pity these poor disabled souls.

College Students May Suffer Permanent Brain Damage from Binge Drinking, Study Shows

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-students-may-suffer-permanent-193536653.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast