Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Impeachment Hearing Thread

Official Impeachment Hearing Thread

Day 1

George Kent - Deputy Assistant Secretary of State.
    Ambassador Bill Taylor - US Diplomat in Ukraine.

CNN Coverage:

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-13-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ambassador Bill Taylor - US Diplomat in Ukraine.

Don't want to watch? Short paraphrase of his opening statement:

- I have an existing policy, and Trump doesn’t have the same priorities.

More paraphrase of his opening statement, translated into RPF speak:

- I represent a neoconservative MIC agenda that has been going on since the Cold War. It is very important. I have all kinds of officials who work with me on this agenda. We have to contain Russia, and this is why we need to contain Russia and support Ukraine. Russia is evil. Russia, Russia, Russia! My agenda should not be hindered by Trump. Trump wants Ukraine to help in some lame investigation into something that is a distraction from the official MIC neoconservative swamp policy. And this investigation is simply to benefit Trump politically, so it’s not kosher. Trump wants to stall the official agenda to benefit himself, so it’s a quid pro quo. And don’t forget, Russia!
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-13-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"The majority time has expired..."

Does that mean that when they get back from recess, Republicans will be asking the questions?

edit: Yes, Brett Bear just said "We're getting ready for minority questioning".

Well, that should be less boring.
    Last edited by Valli6; 11-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Not going to bother watching it, but I'm sure theres going to be lot of drama.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ratcliffe mentions Rand's statement that Trump's being impeached for the exact same thing that Biden did. Ammbasador Taylor disagrees that it's the same, insisting Biden was getting rid of a corrupt prosecutor.

I have the sound turned up while I do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Ratcliffe mentions Rand's statement that Trump's being impeached for the exact same thing that Biden did. Ammbasador Taylor disagrees that it's the same, insisting Biden was getting rid of a corrupt prosecutor.

I have the sound turned up while I do other things.
    Yeah I heard that. These so-called witnesses certainly have everything planned out and are good at giving their opinions. Whatever happened to facts?

Quick superficial impression of appearances based on brief TV show sampling so far.
    Taylor, a former US military infantryman did not seem like your typical polished DC insider who excels in smooth taking in front of cameras and lights.
    GOP lawyer did a pretty good job grilling him.
    Adam Schiff's round big eyes seemed bit distracting for this reality show, he's almost like 'Ken Starr of Trump Impeachment' show bringing the boredom pie to the party. Although Kenny was a very smooth talker too and still managed to catpture GOP bases during Clinton impaechment show.

First impressions are not always right but so far seemed like a tame show. Strating to wonder if Dems impeachment policy is similar to what has been Neocons policy vis-a-vis Syria.. that is to weaken Assad through battles of attrition but not to remove him. Time will tell.

Related

Risks for all sides as Trump impeachment hearings swing open

Dems' lead lawyer known for prosecuting mobsters, swindlers ...

(Paraphrased) Talking point today from several Democrats:

“That prosecutor that Biden demanded be fired was really corrupt and bad, so Biden was supposed to do that. He was doing his duty.”

(Paraphrased) Talking point today from several Republicans:

“We gave more money and weapons to Ukraine than Obama, so it was Obama who slowed down the agenda. We are better neocons than you and Obama!”

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    ... I'm sure theres going to be lot of drama.
    Nope.

Dems won't allow relevant witnesses

Dems won't even allow the guy who started this entire thing to be a witness

Too bad America will never know those facts.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Not all facts are created equal though, so facts should be released to public on need to know basis in a responsible manner.

Few years ago, people who leaked 'facts' to America were celeberated as 'heroes' but it's a different political climate now.

‘A Ton of Hate Mail and Death Threats’ Follow Trump’s Attack on Whistleblower’s Attorney
    November 7th, 2019
    lawandcrime.com/high-profile/a-ton-of-hate-mail-and-death-threats-follow-trumps-attack-on-whistleblowers-attorney/

Edward Snowden Condemns Trump’s Mistreatment of Whistleblower Who Exposed Ukraine Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Few years ago, people who leaked 'facts' to America were celeberated as 'heroes' but it's a different political climate now.
    Are you $#@!ing serious? That isn't even close to the truth what-so-ever..

A few years ago, people who leaked facts to America were threatened with execution by the media and political establishment.. they were celebrated as heroes by a minority of informed Americans.

Now a CIA operative who is leaking lies to America is being celebrated by the media and political establishment. They are being called out as treasonous nutjobs by a minority of informed Americans.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not all facts are created equal though, so facts should be released to public on need to know basis in a responsible manner.
    You are more than welcome to let me know which one of my facts are not indeed factual.

See this is the problem with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Even when Ron Paul tells you the so called whistleblower is CIA, you still think its legit and pray for impeachment.

Snowden is obviously not caught up on his information here as he thinks CIArmella is an actual whistleblower, when its really just a puppet of Brennan CIA.

CIArmella doesn't even have a first hand account of what happened.

None of this is credible but you just keep chugging along, don't ya?

Now, back to my stated facts, which you are more than welcome to dispute.

Last edited by eleganz; 11-13-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

A few years ago, people who leaked facts to America were threatened with execution by the media and political establishment.. they were celebrated as heroes by a minority of informed Americans.

Now a CIA operative who is leaking lies to America is being celebrated by the media and political establishment. They are being called out as treasonous nutjobs by a minority of informed Americans.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

EM.

I would concede that should have used term "celeberated as heroes by many pro-liberty folks", had audience here in mind when I said that:

Rand: Snowden a Whistleblower. Not a traitor

Now a question, how many "informed Americans" you see in below photo?

Trump's suggestion on what to do with Snowden: kill him.
    'Prepare to die' Stone texted witness, trial jury hears

You are more than welcome to let me know which one of my facts are not indeed factual.
    I was responding to your opinion with mine, I like many others also get carried away at times and conflate my 'opinions' with 'facts'.

See this is the problem with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Even when Ron Paul tells you the so called whistleblower is CIA, you still think its legit and pray for impeachment.
    Prayer was for impeachment of neocons' founding fathers, you're not good at reading thoughts.

But we may have some common ground as it is hard to disagree with Ron Paul.
    Let's pray together that Deep Neocons and nefarious money bagger lobbies (who buy fund/intimidate many otherwise decent America-First alpha patriots and turn them into their beta puppets for their globalist interventionist agenda) should be investigated by Congress.

Forget The Impeachment Circus…Here’s What Congress Should Really Investigate! – Ron Paul Institute

While the country is being dragged through the three ring impeachment circus – which is all about politics and nothing about policy, President Trump’s secret wars and interventions across the globe continue. Venezuela, Middle East, Lithuania…the intervention is on overdrive. But Congress has no interest in its Constitutional obligations when it comes to war. Political theater is far more exciting. Watch today’s Liberty Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH48AP5eRK0

I was responding to your opinion with mine, I like many others also get carried away at times and conflate my 'opinions' with 'facts'.
    Thats exactly my point. I stated facts, not an opinion.

Here it is, which again, you are more than welcome to dispute.

THE SQUAD of RPF

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is no case here, it wouldn't stand in court. It only has merit because dems control the committee.

THE SQUAD of RPF

PREDICTION: Trump will be impeached (b/c Dems have the House), but he won't be removed from office (b/c GOPers have the Senate)

All the talk about whether he committed an impeachable offense is political propaganda, for one side or the other.

...these are arguments for why people would like him to be impeached or not, dressed up as legal arguments.

What constitutes an impeachable offense is a purely political question.

The House can impeach the President for being a bad cello player, if they so please.

All that said, I officially express my total indifference, and wish all parties concerned the very worst in all their affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...these are arguments for why people would like him to be impeached or not, dressed up as legal arguments.

What constitutes an impeachable offense is a purely political question.

The House can impeach the President for being a bad cello player, if they so please.
    That is untrue, the founders specified what constituted an impeachable offense and it isn't unlimited.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is untrue, the founders specified what constituted an impeachable offense and it isn't unlimited.
    They didn't and, anyway, if the House "illegally" impeaches the President, what do you think will happen? The SCOTUS will never take a case like this, because it is in fact the kind of problem which can only be resolved by the (explicitly) political branches.

They didn't and, anyway, if the House "illegally" impeaches the President, what do you think will happen? The SCOTUS will never take a case like this, because it is in fact the kind of problem which can only be resolved by the (explicitly) political branches.
    They did.
    They considered allowing impeachment for "maladministration" but decided that it could be used for differences of policy and only specified "High Crimes and misdemeanors" which has a specific common law definition.

SCOTUS will take the case if Congress is obviously in flagrant violation of the Constitution.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They did.
    They considered allowing impeachment for "maladministration" but decided that it could be used for differences of policy and only specified "High Crimes and misdemeanors" which has a specific common law definition.

SCOTUS will take the case if Congress is obviously in flagrant violation of the Constitution.
    If Trump is impeached, and sues, and SCOTUS rules on the case, I'll tape myself eating a shoe, post it here, and resign from the forum forever.

If Trump is impeached, and sues, and SCOTUS rules on the case, I'll tape myself eating a shoe, post it here, and resign from the forum forever.
    I doubt it will get that far so you should be safe.
    The House may not be able to vote to impeach after making fools of themselves and the Senate will probably refuse to hold a trial.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt it will get that far so you should be safe.
    The House may not be able to vote to impeach after making fools of themselves and the Senate will probably refuse to hold a trial.
    The House will likely impeach him within a few months.

Trump could then sue if he pleased.

And he might, but this would be for PR, not real results, his lawyers having explained to him the facts of life.

Now, if Trump and the Senate GOP started talking seriously about packing the court, that would change their tune, and my prediction.

But, short of that, the court won't touch this in a million years, precisely because they don't want to get blamed for the $#@!storm.

No
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Ron, Rand, and Massie all know its a sham.

THE SQUAD of RPF

Ron, Rand, and Massie all know its a sham.
    Anyone supporting Big Gov Trump is, in effect, whatever's in his heart, not a libertarian, even if his last name is Paul (or Massie).

The only major libertarian with the balls to stand up to the Trumpian GOP lately has been Amash and he had to leave the party for it.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 11-13-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Eating a shoe? George, is that you???

Anyone supporting Big Gov Trump is, in effect, whatever's in his heart, not a libertarian, even if his last name is Paul (or Massie).

The only major libertarian with the balls to stand up to the Trumpian GOP lately has been Amash and he had to leave the party for it.
    That's right.
    Any true libertarian would be supporting the communist Demoncrats and the communist deepstate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast