Thread: A Plan to Build a 21st Century Virginia GOP

A Plan to Build a 21st Century Virginia GOP

The Mission

A Plan to Build a 21st Century Virginia GOP

With the 2019 election complete, the Virginia Democratic Party has now established complete dominance over the state government, owning all statewide offices as well as full control of the legislature.
    The coming far-left government, and all we know it intends, should concentrate minds on the seriousness of the situation.

It is time for Virginia Republicans to create the 21st century party infrastructure that is necessary to compete effectively and roll back Democratic Party gains.

To this end, these are the objectives of the Virginia Project:

• Take a complete accounting of GOP performance in every election district in the state of Virginia;
    • Ensure that there is a Republican candidate on the ballot for every office, in every district, in every election cycle;
    • Build out missing and underperforming party infrastructure, activating every idle unit throughout the state;
    • Optimize branding, marketing, messaging, voter outreach and mobilization, along with the communications and information technologies that support these activities;
    • Provide a baseline level of candidate support to all Republican candidates throughout the state;
    • Develop success narratives agreeable to the whole party, and a sense of shared purpose;
    • Develop information, resource, and skills-sharing networks between units, and between our people on the ground; and
    • Force the Democratic Party to play defense, disrupt their narratives, and counter their long-view strategy of incremental and continuous gains.

This mission can be done. There is no obstacle in our path that cannot be overcome - all that has been lacking is the will to do so. Now that Democrats control the state, that will will manifest, sooner or later. The time to get started is now.
    Every other person in Virginia or elsewhere who understands the gravity and immediacy of the danger that the people of Virginia are in under its new Democratic Party government, and shares my resolve to end that danger, I call to my side to join this initiative.
    Contact me and let's get this party restarted.
    Alexis Rose Bank
    November 10, 2019

https://virginiaproject.com/mission
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Party politics on the local level takes a lot of sacrifice. The same kind of sacrifice young libertarians don't have the time or passion for, that is why our "liberty movement" eventually burned out. The old republicans have a lot of free time and not much of a social life so they give the GOP everything they have, thats why they're still there and we've disappeared.

We had a lot of success immediately following the RP elections, most of the activists I know, gave up on their local GOP. They didn't like us, we didn't like them and they had the patience to run the long game, we didn't.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Party politics on the local level takes a lot of sacrifice. The same kind of sacrifice young libertarians don't have the time or passion for, that is why our "liberty movement" eventually burned out. The old republicans have a lot of free time and not much of a social life so they give the GOP everything they have, thats why they're still there and we've disappeared.

We had a lot of success immediately following the RP elections, most of the activists I know, gave up on their local GOP. They didn't like us, we didn't like them and they had the patience to run the long game, we didn't.
    One of our banned members that I ran into on another site is involved in this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe the VA GOP has let this wake up call sink in.

The rest of the GOP is quite comfortable with being the minority party in the future.

It will be easy reelections for quite a few R's for some time to come who promise things to angry white guys.

Just don't expect them to do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One of our banned members that I ran into on another site is involved in this.
    And that's a damn shame.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

And as usual there is zero mention of solving the actual problems that led to this situation.

The Virginia GOP is not conservative. It does not believe in liberty. It pushed fascist theocracy. As far as anyone knows, they still do.

You can talk about winning elections all you want but that isn't the point. The point is there is nobody to vote FOR. Only people to vote against.

Dems are doing a fine job being people to vote against right now, and yes, the GOP will get back into a marginal state of power and the commonwealth will go back to purple.

But you're pushing the same sad boomer bull$#@! that has been pushed at public schools, churches, and civic organizations for nearly half a century. "We have plenty of boxes of $#@! but nobody is buying them. Hey you know what we really need here? MARKETING."

Nothing has ever gotten solved that way.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

We need a 21st Century Virginia GOP that actually believes in freedom and liberty. You don't get that with the current one.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And as usual there is zero mention of solving the actual problems that led to this situation.

The Virginia GOP is not conservative. It does not believe in liberty. It pushed fascist theocracy. As far as anyone knows, they still do.

You can talk about winning elections all you want but that isn't the point. The point is there is nobody to vote FOR. Only people to vote against.

Dems are doing a fine job being people to vote against right now, and yes, the GOP will get back into a marginal state of power and the commonwealth will go back to purple.

But you're pushing the same sad boomer bull$#@! that has been pushed at public schools, churches, and civic organizations for nearly half a century. "We have plenty of boxes of $#@! but nobody is buying them. Hey you know what we really need here? MARKETING."

This.... libertarians did screw us with Ken Cuccinelli though....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Yes they did.

What a freakish loser that guy turned out to be.

Bump

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

We should come up with a list of proven winning platforms for the "new" GOP.

My suggestions:

No Child Left Behind: Part Deux

Increased funding for specialized state/federal shock troops to prevent terrorists from demonstrating at the Capitol.

Bring back Newt for a new Contract on America

New Red Flag Laws. But only good ones that can only be used against bad people.

More Public-Private Partnerships.

Expand and preserve only the good parts of Obamacare.

Expand Medicare/Medicade for H-visa people and undocumented to ensure that we can recruit the best workforce.

Make Rush Limpbag's birthday a paid state holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    We need a 21st Century Virginia GOP that actually believes in freedom and liberty. You don't get that with the current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    We should come up with a list of proven winning platforms for the "new" GOP.

My suggestions:

No Child Left Behind: Part Deux

Increased funding for specialized state/federal shock troops to prevent terrorists from demonstrating at the Capitol.

Bring back Newt for a new Contract on America

New Red Flag Laws. But only good ones that can only be used against bad people.

More Public-Private Partnerships.

Expand and preserve only the good parts of Obamacare.

Expand Medicare/Medicade for H-visa people and undocumented to ensure that we can recruit the best workforce.

Make Rush Limpbag's birthday a paid state holiday.

The person behind this is one of us, he is recruiting candidates we would support.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment