Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthing aka Grounding

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    My brother rarely wears shoes.

Feet get tough that way. So pebbles etc, don't bother him. That is what helps Injuns like @oyarde sneak around at night stealing the white man's goods.
    The Great Oyarde can glide through the forest day or night without a sound . The deer tremble at the thought . I will feast as Great Sagamore while Firestarter has to eat the soylent . The foolish white kings think the deer belong to them . They belong to Oyarde of course.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    You're not the only one on the net making that claim. Although this might be one of your throwaways.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Earthing/co...success_story/
    You are a wealth of knowledge, Josh. I'm glad you are back posting now after rehab.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are a wealth of knowledge, Josh. I'm glad you are back posting now after rehab.
    That was a long rehab . He must be ready for a drink .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    He must be ready for a drink .
    That's a fact. Not a drop of alcohol in four years.

I linked you to study that points a thermal camera at grounded vs ungrounded subjects.

There is also a link to about 30 or 40 studies
    After the first link to Lance Armstrong (wasn´t there some dope scandal?) I didn´t notice the PDFs...

Evidently it thins your blood and circulation is improved.
    https://file.scirp.org/pdf/JCDSA_2014111211461709.pdf

(...)

Lots of good studies: https://www.groundology.co.uk/scientific-research
    I didn't check the second link with the "lots"...
    Are these any better than the first "scientific" study?!?

That´s a total of 40 test subjects of which 13 were sham-grounded for placebo.
    But then they don´t present all of the cases, but only 3 grounded and 3 placebo cases (was it really double blind?)!

I personally don´t know what these FBF images signify, the better FBF images don´t look prettier to me though! According to the authors:
    The purpose of this study was to determine if grounding the body promotes FBF. Improved facial microcirculation is a goal of various treatments used in the beauty industry. They include massage, the use of current emitting devices (DC and AC), lasers, ultrasound emitting devices, and acupuncture [8] [9]. Improved circulation may generate enhanced nourishment of the skin through greater delivery of oxygen and nutrients, as well as better resistance to the oxidative aging process [13].
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I believe in supple material shields, aka bras.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    After the first link to Lance Armstrong (wasn´t there some dope scandal?) I didn´t notice the PDFs...

I didn't check the second link with the "lots"...
    Are these any better than the first "scientific" study?!?

That´s a total of 40 test subjects of which 13 were sham-grounded for placebo.
    But then they don´t present all of the cases, but only 3 grounded and 3 placebo cases (was it really double blind?)!

I personally don´t know what these FBF images signify, the better FBF images don´t look prettier to me though! According to the authors:
    The Tour de France team was taking every advantage available to them.

Yea, check them out for yourself.

My favorite is the jalepeno study. Other people have done this by putting a flower in a vase and grounding it and comparing it to an ungrounded flower cut at the same time.

The FBF (facial blood flow) images show an increase in circulation. It makes sense, blood delivers oxygen and nutrients - which is beneficial. I don't think that's anything new.

What's happening is the blood is thinned due to the charge and the blood cells do not clump together. They are able to go down capillaries as intended and travel more easily to sites of inflammation.

Good post. Happy to see so many people have at least looked into or have practiced this. Been practicing this for well over 10 years.

The most simple way I look at this, is it is a metaphorical rejection of all of the modern day lies we have been fed by modern day medicine, the CDC, FDA, EPA, etc, in terms of what is healthy and what is not. And where our focus is supposed to be, ie: seeing your local clinic doctor will have most of the answers to your problems (they won't), surgical and pharmaceutical intervention are the way to go 95% of the time (you will likely not be helped if you have a chronic issue). Much like the cannabis issue, tapping more directly into nature to attempt to address health issues is far less costly and does not require doctor visits or paying gigantic pharmaceutical and insurance bills to get help. Earthing is a free market, cheap alternative or solution to health problems, like chronic inflammation, as mentioned above.

What's funny is most that use this website don't like big government or don't trust most of what the government has to say or what they use our tax dollars on. Great. But when it comes to what they have been telling us through these alphabet agencies and through university/government conducted "studies" for most of our lives, the same anti-government/small government types may readily accept, without question, without challenging authority whatever the "professionals" and "authorities" have to say. Some may pass by this thread, and laugh, and think some of the stuff in here is nonsense not realizing the logical inconsistency taking place. Please, don't make this mistake. Look into this just like you would any other government related issue where they claim to have all the answers.

It makes no sense to not also be challenging health related topics, just like you would challenge government/politically related issues, because both are pushing our their ideas onto us trying to assert that they are right based on nothing more than, "we are the government, trust us, we are your authority, we have all the answers". If you want to talk about nonsense, it's believing government authorities and regulators without question, or not questioning nearly everything you have ever been taught since birth about how medicine and healing works.

Simply put, we should be challenging everything we hear, including what the government says regarding taxes, rights, law, and yes, even medical and health issues.

Not a drop of alcohol in four years.
    When does your probation end? BTW, meth is not a good substitute for alcohol.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Good post. Happy to see so many people have at least looked into or have practiced this. Been practicing this for well over 10 years.

The most simple way I look at this, is it is a metaphorical rejection of all of the modern day lies we have been fed by modern day medicine, the CDC, FDA, EPA, etc, in terms of what is healthy and what is not. And where our focus is supposed to be, ie: seeing your local clinic doctor will have most of the answers to your problems (they won't), surgical and pharmaceutical intervention are the way to go 95% of the time (you will likely not be helped if you have a chronic issue). Much like the cannabis issue, tapping more directly into nature to attempt to address health issues is far less costly and does not require doctor visits or paying gigantic pharmaceutical and insurance bills to get help. Earthing is a free market, cheap alternative or solution to health problems, like chronic inflammation, as mentioned above.

What's funny is most that use this website don't like big government or don't trust most of what the government has to say or what they use our tax dollars on. Great. But when it comes to what they have been telling us through these alphabet agencies and through university/government conducted "studies" for most of our lives, the same anti-government/small government types may readily accept, without question, without challenging authority whatever the "professionals" and "authorities" have to say. Some may pass by this thread, and laugh, and think some of the stuff in here is nonsense not realizing the logical inconsistency taking place. Please, don't make this mistake. Look into this just like you would any other government related issue where they claim to have all the answers.

It makes no sense to not also be challenging health related topics, just like you would challenge government/politically related issues, because both are pushing our their ideas onto us trying to assert that they are right based on nothing more than, "we are the government, trust us, we are your authority, we have all the answers". If you want to talk about nonsense, it's believing government authorities and regulators without question, or not questioning nearly everything you have ever been taught since birth about how medicine and healing works.

Simply put, we should be challenging everything we hear, including what the government says regarding taxes, rights, law, and yes, even medical and health issues.
    Oh no, not another anti-vaxxer!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meth is not a good substitute for alcohol.
    Oh no, not another anti-vaxxer!

Not sure why he's wearing shoes.

I have better luck using 240 volt outlets over 120 volt ones.
    I’ve found that 220 provides more of a numbing effect than 110...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I just use a box with dirt in it, dip my feet on it while watching tv.

The health and mood effects really are quite extraordinary
    I usually ground when I step out of the car.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That's a fact. Not a drop of alcohol in four years.
    Bravo!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I used a "make a plug" and only attached a wire to the ground post and stripped enough wire to make a "ring" or "bracelet" on the other end for when I am sitting around or sleeping.

Note: Do not touch a live wire if you are grounding with a homemade wire or you are toast. Online products you can buy have resistors in them that prevent you from being at risk. - JL
    On a more serious note, interesting subject.

I would be a bit nervous about connections to a home outlet ground as you never know how the house is wired, especially old homes. I wonder if using a surge protector would help?

And here’s a true story warning: in a place I used to live, at an outside utility box somewhere in the neighborhood, a high voltage line somehow crossed with a cable tv line, which energized the tv cable which then energized the GROUND in all of the houses. It blew out all grounded electrical devices (and even some without ground). Surge protectors did not help as the current was coming in through the ground. They just burned up.

If a person had been directly touching a home outlet ground connection, they would have been toast.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

Great post.

"Carry neither purse, nor bag, nor shoes:" Luke 10:4

No money, no shoes, no problem.

Great post.

"Carry neither purse, nor bag, nor shoes:" Luke 10:4

No money, no shoes, no problem.
    And Luke was a physician.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    And Luke was a physician.
    Didn't know that!

Also, paging Dr. @Kotin

I sometimes go by the name barefoot hippie. I don't consider myself a hippie, but I do look the part.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I’ve found that 220 provides more of a numbing effect than 110...

Your power company is ripping you off with old equipment.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

When does your probation end? BTW, meth is not a good substitute for alcohol.
    Ya that meth leads down the wrong road . Everyone should avoid it . One minute they seem fairly normal , few months later they look like they escaped from a leper colony .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    On a more serious note, interesting subject.

I would be a bit nervous about connections to a home outlet ground as you never know how the house is wired, especially old homes. I wonder if using a surge protector would help?

And here’s a true story warning: in a place I used to live, at an outside utility box somewhere in the neighborhood, a high voltage line somehow crossed with a cable tv line, which energized the tv cable which then energized the GROUND in all of the houses. It blew out all grounded electrical devices (and even some without ground). Surge protectors did not help as the current was coming in through the ground. They just burned up.

If a person had been directly touching a home outlet ground connection, they would have been toast.
    Thanks for the info, it's important to think about such issues.

But the outlet ground is the only convenient option unless you spend a lot of time outdoors or spend the money to put in a separate set of wiring connected to nothing but its own grounding rod.

Thanks @JoshLowry for adding the warning about avoiding live wires while grounding, you never know how ignorant some people out there are.
    I never expected this thread to make the front page either.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL look at the wikipedia page for Kneipp. That's who the above image from 1893 is referencing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Kneipp

Barefoot is mentioned once and the above photo shows it doesn't need to be a harsh methodology.

Some of his suggested treatments included "ice cold baths and walking barefoot in the snow" and other "harsh" methodologies.

Here is the "Order of the Discalced Carmelites of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel"

http://www.carmelitaniscalzi.com/en/...e-philippines/

Discalced Carmelites means Barefoot Carmelites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HU0T4MY.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	6416

Here they are in a recent meeting.

Name:	eb2zTaQ.jpg 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	6417

Notice anything?

Here is the "Order of the Discalced Carmelites of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel"

Name:	HU0T4MY.jpg 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	6416

Here they are in yesterday's May 8th meeting.

Name:	eb2zTaQ.jpg 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	6417

Notice anything?
    Footwear.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Notice anything?
    http://www.carmelite.com/story/default.cfm?loadref=25

A brief history

In August 1562 Saint Teresa founded a new style of Carmelite community in Ávila, Spain. It was to become the first of a new Order: the Discalced Carmelites. [The term 'discalced' means 'barefoot' and comes from the practice of wearing sandals.]

Teresa tells us she founded her community so that women could contribute to the life of the Church which, at the time, was being torn apart by the Reformation. The nuns were to dedicate their contemplative lives of prayer and friendship with Christ for the unity and holiness of the Church.

Teresa was critical of the society of her day which was obsessed with honour and rivalry. She wanted a world where people were humbly and authentically themselves, where all were equal. When Teresa began her career as founder she gave up her aristocratic name and became simply Teresa of Jesus. For her to know who she was it was enough to look to her relationship with Jesus. Teresa was also critical that in the Church of her day there was suspicion of women and a refusal to accept their gifts in public roles.

So she founded a small, close community of equals whose liturgies were simple so that there was time for intimate, contemplative prayer. The community was enclosed so that the sisters would not be distracted by trivialities and would be free from interference in their spiritual lives. The sisters were called to be friends with one another and with Christ. For Teresa the holier the nuns were the more joyful and sociable they would be. The community style was simple and austere but truly joyous and humane.
    More at link.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If zippy uses a grounding blanket, I'm going to just assume I changed dimensions somewhere along the line.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    dis·calced
    /dəˈskalst/

adjective
    denoting or belonging to one of several strict orders of Catholic friars or nuns who go barefoot or wear only sandals.

dis·calced
    /dəˈskalst/

adjective
    denoting or belonging to one of several strict orders of Catholic friars or nuns who go barefoot or wear only sandals.
    Definition of discalced

: unshod, barefoot discalced friars

First Known Use of discalced

1631, in the meaning defined above

History and Etymology for discalced

partial translation of Latin discalceatus, from dis- + calceatus, past participle of calceare to put on shoes, from calceus shoe, from calc-, calx heel

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discalced

Sandals sounds like a cop-out to me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I read an article about kids in school swapping shoes at least for slippers dramatically improved behavior, and bullying dropped by something stupid like 90%! It was an English school that tried that but I doubt it would fly here as every $#@!ing leftist thinks they need to be the goddamn $#@!ing Shoe Police.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 05-10-2019 at 02:00 AM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast