Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Edit] Flag Burning - Trump going after the first amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Ah come on Brian. You know that slaves can't own property.
    Damn. There goes flag burning. No big deal, EPA probably would send a SWAT team to your house if you tried to burn a flag there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's exactly the same position just mirrored. Trumpkins are equivalent to SJWs.
    DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Oh, I know what Trump tweeted and that he is wrong.

Have you watched the network coverage that I have and what they have discussed?
    No I have not. I thought you were talking about the content of this thread. I guess that's the disconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is exactly how the George W Bush supporters all sounded. You are supporting tyranny for no other reason than spite. You are on Trump's side so you will support whatever he tells you to while screaming at the top of your lungs that you can think for yourself.
    Maybe. I was not old enough to follow politics for most of Bushes time. I am ready to accept that this may be a failed strategy. However people who were around during Bushes time think this is something new. So we will see what ends up being right.

I frankly can't stand leftists and now a days don't have time for them either. Trust in God emperor and everything will be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Yes I remember the GW people, though it died down quite a bit when the recession hit.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is exactly how the George W Bush supporters all sounded. You are supporting tyranny for no other reason than spite. You are on Trump's side so you will support whatever he tells you to while screaming at the top of your lungs that you can think for yourself.
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    If hes a trollin, id prefer the president elect not to troll. Haha. Itd be like me, standing in middle of the room with a flame thrower bein like, in monotone, "Im going to burn you all to death." And some of you bein like, "hes just trollin..." Also, such a ban is probably the one thing that would make me want to burn a flag. Such symbols usually dont interest me.
    If I was president I would still Troll Danke .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    $#@!ty move on Trump's part, but who honestly did not see something like this coming?

Oh well, at least liberals now suddenly have a chance to support civil liberties again.

MAGA STILL ON TRACK!
    Personally I do not believe in flag burning , but people can do it if they have nothing more productive to do , it is certainly a wasteful act that will change nothing . Once I secede and defeat all comers and have my own Empire I do not even intend on having a flag. Maybe just a battle flag , then people will know when they see it they are going to be kicked to the dirt, LOL . That is how to make The Land Of Indians Great Again
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-29-2016 at 11:35 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Personally I do not believe in flag burning , but people can do it if they have nothing more productive to do , it is certainly a wasteful act that will change nothing . Once I secede and defeat all comers and have my own Empire I do not even intend on having a flag. Maybe just a battle flag , then people will know when they see it they are going to be kicked to the dirt, LOL . That is how to make The Land Of Indians Great Again
    Would that flag be tied to a lance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Would that flag be tied to a lance?
    Yes , it has a certain flair like that .
    Do something Danke

Yes , it has a certain flair like that .
    Yes, it certainly makes a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, it certainly makes a statement.
    There is no spoon.

This is a strange tweet out of nowhere. Morning Joe was speculating that last 5-4 SCOTUS ruling of 1989 could be overtturned by Trump SCOTUS picks.

Seems unlikely to pass anytime soon. One theory was that he is throwing redmeat to his hardcore GOP base (many of whom see BLM and by extension Obama as "flag burners") just before he announces that Romney will be SoS.

Real:

Doctored:

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People didn't vote for Trump because he tells the truth. They wanted somebody they hoped would be "different". They are in for a big disappointment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ates-combined/
    "Of the 158 Trump claims that PolitiFact has checked out, 95 have been rated either "False" or "Pants on Fire." That's 60 percent of all Trump claims."

To be fair, that is NOT 60% of all trump claims. That is 60% of what PolitiFact has checked. They could easily skew opinions with little dishonest statements like that.

I believe the % number is actually much higher
    No - No - No - No

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yea, PolitiFact is definitely bipartisan, bollocks:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I understand it far better then you. I understand that your strategy is the one that lost to precious snowflakes that Trump is destroying.
    Lol a Trumpslurper pretending they know Liberty better than Gunny. That's hilarious.
    I am the spoon.

It should be legal to burn the flag and save the first amendment of freedom, I would just add a protection based law which says American citizens also have the right to stop it too. Assault charges when videoed of a person trying to stop it are void, if people have to risk their safety to do it, then they will be less likely to do it.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Trump is wrong on this, and I am not, nor have I ever been a loony-left.
    Agree. I remember when Republicans were stupid about flag burning in the late 1980s. To me it is very simple, the flag is supposed to stand for freedom and that includes the freedom to criticize the president or even burn the flag. If a person isn't free to burn a flag then it really is a meaningless symbol.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This may be the best post you have ever written! My favorite, anyway.

Your Empire sounds like it will be The place to be -- how do I get citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's absolutely no coincidence this junk was posted to Twitter the same day Trump meets with Goldman, ostensibly being told who his SecTreas will be and appointing a billionaire SecCommerce (also a Goldman directive, I'm sure...from CNBC article: "Before starting his own firm, Wilbur Ross led Rothschild's bankruptcy practice for 25 years.").
    And why does nobody point out that trump's Chief of Staff made all his fortune at Goldman Sachs and then was slipped smoothly into a thought leader position after the mysterious death of somebody who knew too much? Bannon went from Goldman Sachs to website editor to presidential appointee without a hiccup. Somebody has the savvy to cause a flag-burning uproar on the day Goldman Sachs & Rothschilds take over. And it's not trump.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Freedom means something different to every person, just as the flag does.

The older I get the more I tend to look to history to help me define things.

It seems as though the here and now is fraught with too much drama from every faction.

In regards to the OP, this whole thread just seems like more drama to me given that flag burnin' has been addressed by the supreme court, quite recently in fact.

Might be a better use of time to question the cause of derision instead of some intimate object used to amplify said derision...

If flag burners upset Trump to the point he really wants to do something about it using his bully pulpit would be far more effective than trying to legislate.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I served in the military. I hold the flag as a symbol of my country, not of my government. I don't care if someone burns it. But I most definitely care if some authoritarian claims that he has the power to strip citizenship or throw in a cage the person who wants to do what they want with a flag. Rothbard already summed this up as a straight property rights debate.

Keeping our eye on property rights, the entire flag question is resolved easily and instantly. Everyone has the right to buy (or weave) and therefore own a piece of cloth in the shape and design of an American flag (or in any other design) and to do with it what he will: fly it, burn it, defile it, bury it, put it in the closet, wear it, etc. Flag laws are unjustifiable violations of the rights of private property. (Constitutionally, there are many clauses from which private property rights can be derived.)

On the other hand, no one has the right to come up and burn your flag, or someone else's. That should be illegal, not because a flag is being burned, but because the arsonist is burning your property without your permission. He is violating your property rights.

Note the way in which the focus on property rights solves all recondite issues. Perhaps conservatives, who proclaim themselves defenders of property rights, will be moved to reconsider their support of its invasion. On the other hand, perhaps liberals, scorners of property rights, might be moved to consider that cleaving to them may be the only way, in the long run, to insure freedom of speech and press.
    https://mises.org/library/flag-flap

Anyone who thinks throwing someone in jail for exercising their property rights is a moron and an enemy of liberty.... $#@!posters on RPF included.

h/t @Origanalist via twitter
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I served in the military. I hold the flag as a symbol of my country, not of my government. I don't care if someone burns it. But I most definitely care if some authoritarian claims that he has the power to strip citizenship or throw in a cage the person who wants to do what they want with a flag. Rothbard already summed this up as a straight property rights debate.

https://mises.org/library/flag-flap

Anyone who thinks throwing someone in jail for exercising their property rights is a moron and an enemy of liberty.... $#@!posters on RPF included.

h/t @Origanalist via twitter

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6373526
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    It should be legal to burn the flag and save the first amendment of freedom, I would just add a protection based law which says American citizens also have the right to stop it too. Assault charges when videoed of a person trying to stop it are void, if people have to risk their safety to do it, then they will be less likely to do it.
    What the hell are you talking about? Private property is private! If I want to buy a US flag or Russian flag or Mexican flag and take it outside and burn it... my $#@!ing choice and no one is going to stop me! If someone forcibly attempts to stop me and it gets violent? $#@! them. God a lot of people here still don't understand the very basics of personal liberty and freedom. You want government to be your strongman....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That is what I use . Flag burning is for kids .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

Are you really disputing the fact that Trump says a ton of complete, unmitigated bull$#@! that has no basis in reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

Your graphic has zero meaning.

There is the possibility that Trump did say more lies than Hillary. In order for your graphic to have any meaning we would actually need a baseline to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I understand it far better then you. I understand that your strategy is the one that lost to precious snowflakes that Trump is destroying.
    your lack of understanding of property rights is pathetic.

would taking down a flag in front of a post office and burning it be ok?..

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast