Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Is anyone buying Bitcoin at these prices?
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6546620
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I bought yesterday and it is now up $500.... jus sayin
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

$7082
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Sorry, my question should have been:

How does one know the price (in frn’s) will continue to rise?
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Sorry, my question should have been:

How does one know the price (in frn’s) will continue to rise?
    One easy thing to keep in mind is that the quantity of bitcoins is fixed. So any inflation in the USD should be reflected in BTC's price in USD. Elsewhere if technology improves BTC's value as a medium of exchange, demand for it should increase in any denomination. Also, to the extent that the demand for fiat currencies might decrease in the future (monetary instability per governments) consumers may prefer to substitute BTC for fiat, thereby increasing the demand for BTC. If Ron Paul and Peter Schiff are right, BTC may have a very bright future.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-02-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    sorry folks but I sold all my gold or silver... I am all in crypto currencies. I wouldn't want to touch physical stuff. When i look in the rear mirror.. iam like wtf.. a metal bar you can't divide into millions of tiny pieces.. just not convenient unless armageddon.. but i bet that we won't have armageddon.

I don't know a single millenial who wants to buy gold. And i know a gold bug who went all in Crypto as well.. so my bet is going to pay off.
    smh

So much for sound money, eh?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How quickly can 2 bitcoins be converted to USD and what are the typical transaction costs?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

$7312

It's already up over $1000 from when I bought 2 days ago.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    $7312

Yeah, kinda disappointing, hopeful it picks up soon.

$7312

Careful and don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying this wealth transfer but I think we could be on the cusp of a short-term correction in price. We could be looking at a few weeks melt and consolidation back into the low $5ks as profits are beginning to be taken and sloshed into the many altcoins/tokens out there. Then, rinse repeat and charge forward again.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Careful and don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying this wealth transfer but I think we could be on the cusp of a short-term correction in price. We could be looking at a few weeks melt and consolidation back into the low $5ks as profits are beginning to be taken and sloshed into the many altcoins/tokens out there. Then, rinse repeat and charge forward again.
    Oh I agree with you. I don't have much 'invested' in BTC anyway, more having fun than anything. It's worth a couple hundred bucks to help end around the FED and bring about disruptive changes to the existing financial systems.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Oh I agree with you. I don't have much 'invested' in BTC anyway, more having fun than anything. It's worth a couple hundred bucks to help end around the FED and bring about disruptive changes to the existing financial systems.
    People have been buying up bitcoin as we head towards the next fork in the code since this new SegwitX2 will be given out to those that currently have bitcoin by the timing of the fork: approximately Nov 15th. We could stay bullish til then but then the selloff will occur and much of the profits will start the flow into these alts in a large way. However, I'm glad you got some skin in the game. Only about 1.8 million folks will be able to join the 1 BTC club in our lifetime out of the world population.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    How quickly can 2 bitcoins be converted to USD and what are the typical transaction costs?
    Visa and MC have been fighting to put an end to all US credit cards within their system backed by crypto. They were rather handy.

Using Coinbase, bitcoin to bank account takes a few days to a week. You could sell on localbitcoin and if you offered spot you could probably sell faster than usual, matters where you're at.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

$7426
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-04-2017 at 07:57 PM.

$7464

Tanking..

$7337

Still tanking...

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    smh

So much for sound money, eh?
    Bitcoin is sound money for me. better than gold. hence my decision. Goldmanc Sachs CEO is right. Look up the video above.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $7291

In free fall now. 9.8 meters per second squared.

End around the Fed and disruptive, you say? Hmm...

National Security Agency (NSA) Office of Information Security Research and Technology, Cryptology Division whitepaper from 1996:

The Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash
    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/clas...nt/nsamint.htm

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

End around the Fed and disruptive, you say? Hmm...

National Security Agency (NSA) Office of Information Security Research and Technology, Cryptology Division whitepaper from 1996:

The Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash
    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/clas...nt/nsamint.htm
    OMG, NSA speculated about the advent of electronic cash!!!!!!!! as did 1000's of others before it actually came into existence. I'm selling all my bitcoins it's obviously a program by the government to diminish its own power.

I just read several sections of that paper, it all revolves around a central "Bank" controlling deposits and withdraws. So, not even similar at all to bitcoin. Proof of work is probably the most important thing about bitcoin, as it allows the mining process, which gets rid of the need for a central authority to approve transactions, and prevent nefarious situations like double spending (if wait for the transaction to be several blocks deep before counting it as "actually" received).
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 11-06-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    OMG, NSA speculated about the advent of electronic cash!!!!!!!! as did 1000's of others before it actually came into existence. I'm selling all my bitcoins it's obviously a program by the government to diminish its own power.

I just read several sections of that paper, it all revolves around a central "Bank" controlling deposits and withdraws. So, not even similar at all to bitcoin. Proof of work is probably the most important thing about bitcoin, as it allows the mining process, which gets rid of the need for a central authority to approve transactions, and prevent nefarious situations like double spending (if wait for the transaction to be several blocks deep before counting it as "actually" received).
    Every project starts somewhere. That was what the NSA initially started with and it has evolved into what it is today. Or we could put this whole argument to bed if you can show me a picture of Mr. Satoshi. I'll wait....

Every project starts somewhere. That was what the NSA initially started with and it has evolved into what it is today. Or we could put this whole argument to bed if you can show me a picture of Mr. Satoshi. I'll wait....
    Satoshi is the most reclusive multi billionaire on the planet. I don't see what the NSA had to gain if you're saying they're the creator. There's no central control, no one at the onset envisioned it would take off and grow as quickly as possible. Really what's a few billion to that agency?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

$7043

The party is over..

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast