Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight between neighbors over American flag gets nasty

Fight between neighbors over American flag gets nasty

Oh boy...

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- Two Virginia Beach neighbors are at odds with one another over a symbol of our nation's freedom.

The feud centers around the proper procedure for displaying an American flag after sunset. Court documents filed in a Virginia Beach court show Michael Anderson has filed three criminal charges against his neighbor, John Parmele.

Anderson alleges Parmele stole his American flag on two occasions after he did not comply with demands to illuminate the flag flying from his mailbox after sunset.

Federal code says American flags should be "be properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." It's a rule that Parmele knows can't be enforced, but should not be broken.

"I feel like it's a personal affront towards me and disrespect toward the veterans and all Americans for that matter, because it's just not supposed to be done," he says.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/fi...y/192562719?=p
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The light comes from within your heart.

Like E.T.

maybe she should buy him a light.

I couldn't say it anymore clearly than that.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh boy...

"I feel like it's a personal affront towards me and disrespect toward the veterans and all Americans for that matter, because it's just not supposed to be done," he says.
    Well, bud, I'm a vet and don't give a rat's ass. When was the last time you helped the local American Legion with vet services?

The Code is designed “for the use of such civilian groups or organizations as may not be required to conform with regulations promulgated by one or more executive departments” of the federal government. Thus, the

Flag Code does not prescribe any penalties for non-compliance nor does it include enforcement
    provisions;

rather the Code functions simply as a guide to be voluntarily followed by civilians
    and civilian groups.
    http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs...22%20%20%20%0A

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    maybe she should buy him a light.
    This.

Federal code says American flags should be "be properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." It's a rule that Parmele knows can't be enforced, but should not be broken.

This is a Great American. /salute

For those who may be interested in better understanding our flag etiquette laws, there is great info at http://www.usa-flag-site.org/

The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
    The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
    The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
    The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
    The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
    The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
    The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
    When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.
    For more details please visit this link http://www.usa-flag-site.org/etiquette-display/
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This is a Great American. /salute

For those who may be interested in better understanding our flag etiquette laws, there is great info at http://www.usa-flag-site.org/

For more details please visit this link http://www.usa-flag-site.org/etiquette-display/
    http://www.amazon.com/America-Flag-T...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It's out of stock, probably because using the flag like that is highly illegal. And disrespectful.

See below for an example of proper flag use

You may notice the flag is indeed properly illuminated.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

It's out of stock, probably because using the flag like that is highly illegal. And disrespectful.

See below for an example of proper flag use

You may notice the flag is indeed properly illuminated.
    What flag...

Sorry, had to.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

STATISM:

AMERICA'S FAVORITE
    RELIGION
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, bud, I'm a vet and don't give a rat's ass. When was the last time you helped the local American Legion with vet services?
    Seconded

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    If you don't have a flag with well-defined and enforced regulations for it's respectful use and dispensation, then you don't really have a nation.
    It's not being enforced very well, when smut like this goes unaddressed

This is a clear violation of United States Flag Code Title 36 Chapter 10 Section §176 part (d)

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

Unless the blue is on top. In which case its fine, like this:

- Kim Kardashian

For further clarification,

WRONG/ILLEGAL:

SUPER ILLEGAL:

THIS IS FINE: (because the blue is on top)
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure this one is properly lit - should it come off?

And this is just wrong...

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Can I get a ruling on these?
    You could get shot for those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Goddamnit AF. You always have to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You could get shot for those.
    As well as the photographers, the image hosters, and everyone else involved.

Although: the 3rd one is kinda cute.
    - Kim Kardashian

Goddamnit AF. You always have to go there.

As well as the photographers, the image hosters, and everyone else involved.

Although: the 3rd one is kinda cute.
    What????

I just wanted to make sure these people were in compliance with the flag rules.

What????

You plan on stealing their flags if they're not in compliance?

Not in Compliance?

You plan on stealing their flags if they're not in compliance?
    No no...I'll send some people from government to help "educate" them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What????

They all used the wrong flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Last week, when I was on vacation, I thought I accidently joined a funeral procession but it turned out to be a parade. Anyway, this was the flag they were flying over the town square. (see pic) When they took it down, it landed on the ground and then they shoved it in a big black garbage bag.O_o

Last week, when I was on vacation, I thought I accidently joined a funeral procession but it turned out to be a parade. Anyway, this was the flag they were flying over the town square. (see pic) When they took it down, it landed on the ground and then they shoved it in a big black garbage bag.O_o

Vacation - where? On what day specifically?

What time?

Do you have any names of people who may have witnessed it?
    - Kim Kardashian

Vacation - where? On what day specifically?

What time?

Do you have any names of people who may have witnessed it?
    Port St Joe, FL
    Thursday around 5pm
    My kids witnessed it - I did, too, but I had been drinking. My kids are more believable, anyway. They're Boy Scouts.

Port St Joe, FL
    Thursday around 5pm
    My kids witnessed it - I did, too, but I had been drinking. My kids are more believable, anyway. They're Boy Scouts.
    Thanks. Your information is very helpful.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast