Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Shortages? Time for Trump to Announce New Victory Gardens and Urban Food Forests Push

Food Shortages? Time for Trump to Announce New Victory Gardens and Urban Food Forests Push

It's happening...

Finally here is the cure worse than the disease, as Trump said, a Venezuelan hell hole where we start preying on each other to keep from starving? I've been waiting for this shoe to drop.

Fortunately we have the Greatest Generation that showed us what to do. So let's get busy. In the cities a new movement has been slowly taking hold and the time is ripe for it to blast off across America. City governments need to pass emergency ordinances designating park space for food growing, with the space organized by designated local committees.

This corona thing, as awful as it is, is an opportunity for a long overdue change in the fragile supply chain which makes large parts of our population hostage to the social chaos which can arise from the mismanagement of the bankers' debt and fiat money economy. No longer are there blank stares or smug smiles when talking prepping, self-sufficiency, and food growing.

People are away from their Monday Night Sports fixes and they are paying attention. They may never be paying this close attention again.

Coronavirus may cause some food shortages, warns government task force

I for one cannot sit still as I watch a freight train coming at me. MORE>>> https://hubpages.com/politics/Food-S...ests-Push?done
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 04-05-2020 at 09:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good post OP. +rep and agreed
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

With Monsanto seeds?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I'm a part of the supply chain and I agree with this. Also, we point fingers at the Chinese Wet Market, but we kind of have our own with animals stacked on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I'm a part of the supply chain and I agree with this. Also, we point fingers at the Chinese Wet Market, but we kind of have our own with animals stacked on top of each other.
    We have dogs stacked on bats stacked on cats stacked on lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    We have dogs stacked on bats stacked on cats stacked on lizards?
    Not at my house .

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I would be kind of worried that those animals would get into the garden and take all the produce.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of the shortages are people panic buying. China is panic buying food and having shortages. They are going to probably be buying a lot from us. We might have to stop them from causing shortages like with masks...

From Forbes article linked below.

US medical supplies broker named Remington Schmidt: "By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day." To his knowledge none of the masks had been purchased by buyers in the U.S. “If you are working with a seller who has masks but you can’t quickly show proof of funds, someone else is going to buy them,” he told me.

And I watched that happen repeatedly throughout the day. Buyers from state procurement departments and hospital systems expressed desperate need for masks, but the deals bogged down when it came to providing proof that they could commit and follow through. In the meantime, another buyer provided proof of funds and the masks were gone, sometimes within the hour.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...hat-i-learned/

Some of the shortages are people panic buying. China is panic buying food and having shortages. They are going to probably be buying a lot from us. We might have to stop them from causing shortages like with masks...

From Forbes article linked below.

US medical supplies broker named Remington Schmidt: "By the end of the day, roughly 280 million masks from warehouses around the U.S. had been purchased by foreign buyers and were earmarked to leave the country, according to the broker — and that was in one day." To his knowledge none of the masks had been purchased by buyers in the U.S. “If you are working with a seller who has masks but you can’t quickly show proof of funds, someone else is going to buy them,” he told me.

And I watched that happen repeatedly throughout the day. Buyers from state procurement departments and hospital systems expressed desperate need for masks, but the deals bogged down when it came to providing proof that they could commit and follow through. In the meantime, another buyer provided proof of funds and the masks were gone, sometimes within the hour.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi...hat-i-learned/
    People should be methodically stocking up with rice, beans, vitamins, and canned foods right now while the supply chain is running. Don't forget water they will probably find a way to take that too once they can't control us with food. This is a race with the most evil elements of satanic NWO. They have busted their move, they want a good number of us dead. But we can prevail by anticipating their moves. They can't go too fast or the frogs will jump out of the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    People should be methodically stocking up with rice, beans, vitamins, and canned foods right now while the supply chain is running. Don't forget water they will probably find a way to take that too once they can't control us with food. This is a race with the most evil elements of satanic NWO. They have busted their move, they want a good number of us dead. But we can prevail by anticipating their moves. They can't go too fast or the frogs will jump out of the pot.
    I like to keep all the things you mentioned in a 3 month supply. I also keep a dozen Hostess canned ham on hand. The shelf life is 5 yrs.

Stocking up is what makes this problem worse. It's what causes shortages. Are you part of the NWO? Who are you working with??? I am reporting you.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I like to keep all the things you mentioned in a 3 month supply. I also keep a dozen Hostess canned ham on hand. The shelf life is 5 yrs.

What the $#@!. I can't even wipe my ass in comfort because of YOU people.

What the $#@!. I can't even wipe my ass in comfort because of YOU people.
    You wouldn't even notice the difference. I rotate out in three to six months increments. A bag of 15 bean soup here, a bag of rice there, etc. and have them for dinner and replace.

I am planting a helluva garden. I put in 25 lbs of seed potatoes and bought 7 chicks to add to my flock. My kids are loving this.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-06-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Stocking up is what makes this problem worse. It's what causes shortages. Are you part of the NWO? Who are you working with??? I am reporting you.
    There is a difference between last minute hoarding and prepping while in good times. If you don't prepare in good times, you will add to the stress on the system as you wait in line during the bad times.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    There is a difference between last minute hoarding and prepping while in good times. If you don't prepare in good times, you will add to the stress on the system as you wait in line during the bad times.
    Buying more than what you need of something during good or bad times and sitting on it is hoarding. This is what makes prices inflate and the government ration the quantities due to shortages.

I am planting a helluva garden. I put in 25 lbs of seed potatoes and bought 7 chicks to add to my flock. My keys D's are loving this.
    As you pointed out in your +rep, yes, I use the canned ham in the 15 bean soup. I don't like the ham on it's own either. But, cut up and added to the soup it works well.
    One of these days I need to get a chicken coop going. But, we have so many friends and neighbors that have them we never have a problem obtaining eggs.

Buying more than what you need of something during good or bad times and sitting on it is hoarding. This is what makes prices inflate and the government ration the quantities due to shortages.
    So Mormons by definition all hoarders? Arrest them all. They are taught to keep 2 years of food and supplies on hand at all times. Would that be religious persecution?

You, are an idiot. Beans and rice are dried for a reason. Canned meat is canned. For a reason. That reason being long term storage and shelf life. Do you consider buying in bulk a bad thing? Because, if you buy, say, a half-cow from a local farmer at a time and freeze it then you are hoarding it. So should everyone only be able to buy a daily ration at a time in your world? One cup of rice, one cup of beans, daily? SMDH. Where do people like you come from?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You, are an idiot. Beans and rice are dried for a reason. Canned meat is canned. For a reason. That reason being long term storage and shelf life. Do you consider buying in bulk a bad thing? Because, if you buy, say, a half-cow from a local farmer at a time and freeze it then you are hoarding it. So should everyone only be able to buy a daily ration at a time in your world? One cup of rice, one cup of beans, daily? SMDH. Where do people like you come from?
    Most people buy a week's worth of food at a time tops. Buying something because it saves you money in bulk on sale is one thing but hoarding it while new foods are being produced by food producers and people are hungry is hoarding it's greedy. You are a terrible neighbor.

So Mormons by definition all hoarders? Arrest them all. They are taught to keep 2 years of food and supplies on hand at all times. Would that be religious persecution?
    They had their crops attacked by a flock of birds when they were colonizing Utah and prayed to have the birds ran off and it happened. When that happens to you then you can have a belief system pass.

Most people buy a week's worth of food at a time tops. Buying something because it saves you money in bulk on sale is one thing but hoarding it while new foods are being produced by food producers and people are hungry is hoarding it's greedy. You are a terrible neighbor.
    LOL I give food to my neighbors. Do you?

Most people buy a week's worth of food at a time tops. Buying something because it saves you money in bulk on sale is one thing but hoarding it while new foods are being produced by food producers and people are hungry is boarding it's greedy. You are a terrible neighbor.
    It's natural to stock up in good times to prepare for famine. A squirrel has better logic and wisdom than what you are posting today. History is full of such examples. There is a difference between hoarding and saving for the future. One is based on panic in the moment the other is based on foresight. Is someone who saved his money greedy in your opinion, or wise?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hoarders arise because they didn't prepare.

Most people buy a week's worth of food at a time tops. Buying something because it saves you money in bulk on sale is one thing but hoarding it while new foods are being produced by food producers and people are hungry is boarding it's greedy. You are a terrible neighbor.
    Yeah, I'm a terrible neighbor if you are mine. Because, if we enter a period when there is life threatening shortages, you are going to starve. And me and mine are going to eat. Because you have been warned to stock and you have not. And when you come for a handout I'll turn you away at gun point. So, continue to believe what you choose to believe. What I buy is just normal buying. I just do it 6 months to a year ahead of when it is used, and it can, if the worst happens, last up to 5 yrs.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-06-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Hoarders arise because they didn't prepare.
    This.

LOL I give food to my neighbors. Do you?
    Naturally I am libertarian. Plus food that I don't buy 3 square sells for a dollar a pound to food banks and they get food that way. If I had extra to give I would donate to a food bank rather than give people food or if I had the time I would donate my time.

They had their crops attacked by a flock of birds when they were colonizing Utah and prayed to have the birds ran off and it happened. When that happens to you then you can have a belief system pass.
    It seems that you are missing something. Maybe this is better suited for you:

Last edited by RJB; 04-06-2020 at 05:29 PM.

I just bought 20 bags of coffee because it was half priced. Oh, me gerds, I'm a hoarder!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast