Thread: Dogleash Doofus Refuses to Cooperate with Central Park Karen Investigation!

Dogleash Doofus Refuses to Cooperate with Central Park Karen Investigation!

What does this tell you about the incident?

She’s been charged with filing a false police report and her attorney Robert Barnes intends to fight the charge. The prosecutor is going to have to PROVE that she did not feel threatened. This will require establishing Dogleash Doofus' behavior preceeding the 911 call. That's the last thing he and his allies want!

Christian Cooper and fellow "social justice advocates" now magnanimously claim that Amy Cooper has suffered enough, but it’s much more likely that he simply doesn’t want to be in a position where he’s forced to elaborate on his own aggressive behavior.

He and his fellow vigilantes are very happy with the current narrative and their own brand of vigillante justice. Just look at all the noble excuses for not doing a closer examination of what actually took place:

...“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price,” Mr. Cooper said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on.” [You already did that when you decided to post the video.] But he added that he understood there was a greater principle at stake and that this should be defended. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.

Mr. Cooper’s decision not to cooperate may present some challenges for prosecutors. But it also reflects a wider debate among people who generally consider themselves allies in the growing movement to call attention to and fight racism, not just in policing, but in society...

Ms. Cooper’s 911 call was seen by many as a clear example of everyday racism and fueled outrage over the dangers associated with making false reports to the police about Black people.

Some social justice advocates said that Ms. Cooper’s case should serve as a warning to others who might seek to wrongfully use the police in a racially charged encounter. But some argued that charging her criminally reinforces the idea that the only just consequence for wrongdoing should be incarceration.

For instance, Josie Duffy Rice, the president of The Appeal, a nonprofit website, said that bringing criminal charges against Ms. Cooper legitimizes a criminal justice system that she considers to be flawed and racist. [prefers vigilantism]

“Ask yourself what criminal charges can do to Amy Cooper that hasn’t already been done?” Ms. Duffy Rice wrote in a tweet. “Has she not faced consequences? She did something absolutely horrible and she lost her job, her dog, her personal business was on the front page of the paper.”… [So great that you're all very satisfied with your having already made her suffer much more than she ever might have, had she had the benefit of her right to due process.]

...“Her racist behavior could have had dire consequences for a Black man,”
    Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Twitter. “Glad she’ll face consequences of her own.”

Others pointed out that Ms. Cooper’s actions might have had dire consequences and she should be held responsible, regardless of Mr. Cooper’s sympathy for her plight…

“If the police believed she was really being attacked, they could have come in with guns drawn and she would have been the only witness in this — outside of that video that may or may not have surfaced,” said Gloria J. Browne-Marshall, a professor of constitutional law at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. “This isn’t just about Christian Cooper. The community has been harmed by the actions of Amy Cooper and, in order to rectify this, then the people of New York need to have their day in court, even if Christian Cooper is a reluctant witness.”

Ms. Browne-Marshall said the case was only the latest example in a long history of incidents in which white people have summoned law enforcement and falsely accused a Black person of a crime. Others have compared the case to the 1955 lynching of Emmett Till.

The video of the incident captured on Mr. Cooper’s phone shows Ms. Cooper with a tight grip on her dog’s collar. She says to a 911 operator in a high, frantic voice: “I’m in the Ramble, there is a man, African-American. He has a bicycle helmet and he is recording me and threatening me and my dog.” Before ending the call, she adds, “I am being threatened by a man in the Ramble, please send the cops immediately!” [Wait a minute! Is that REALLY all she said?! WTF?!]

Mr. Cooper said in a Facebook post that after the woman refused to leash her dog, he decided to offer the dog treats in an effort to convince her to abide by the leash law.

“Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it,” he told her, before he pulled out the treats and began filming, according to his post.

Alvin Bragg, a former federal prosecutor and a professor at New York Law School, said the video provides sufficient evidence for the prosecution, and that her focus on his race suggests she intended to file a false report, a necessary element to prove a crime….

“There is a false weepy tone and she strategically placed significance on race,” Mr. Bragg said. “She is harping on deep historical issues in our country. She is emphasizing those words and she knows the effect it can have on the listener.”

To prevail at trial, prosecutors will have to prove that Ms. Cooper did not believe in that moment she was being threatened and that she intended to file a false complaint against him, said Daniel R. Alonso, a former chief assistant district attorney in Manhattan.

“A threat can be, ‘I’m going to kill you,’ or it can be subtle,” Mr. Alonso said. “She may well have believed at the time that his statement was threatening in her definition.”

But Marc Lamont Hill, a media studies professor at Temple University who supports defunding police departments, said the case has forced some advocates who want change the criminal justice system to reimagine how justice might be served in this instance. [which is what all vigilantes do]“We can’t criminalize our way out of social problems,” he said.

Mr. Hill expressed doubt that Ms. Cooper’s prosecution might stop other similar incidents. He also said that it might send the wrong message to victims of rape or domestic violence who, after complaining to police, decide not to cooperate with prosecutors and might fear being charged with filing a false report. [Now that they've destroyed her life, this incident has had that effect whether she's prosecuted or not.]

Councilman Donovan J. Richards, a Queens Democrat who chairs the public safety committee, said that he was not overjoyed to hear that charges had been brought against Ms. Cooper. For him, the matter was complicated.

“I don’t think any of us are celebrating the fact that she was arrested,” said Mr. Richards, who is Black. “I’m hoping at the end of the day she learned her lesson and that this is a teachable moment for [white] folks — that they can’t just call 911 and put people’s lives in danger just because their privilege is being checked.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/n...th=login-email
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-08-2020 at 01:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually take the black guy at his word. Seems reasonable to me. Why drag this out, get on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I actually take the black guy at his word. Seems reasonable to me. Why drag this out, get on with their lives.
    He feels guilty. He is putting it out there that she may have been wrong, but she doesn't deserve all this, and the reason he feels that way is because he knows he was being naughty with the dog treats. If he did drag it out and try to punish her further, that would all come out and he could have charges against him, her charges could be dropped, it would make him look bad and take up a lot of his time. That's why he is staying out of it, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. And he feels guilty that she is being put through the ringer because he was being manipulative.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it,” he told her, before he pulled out the treats and began filming, according to his post.
    I would guess that the general gist of his story is accurate, but I doubt he remembered the exact wording. It was not on video. Wording can be important. If taken to court, there would probably be some key discussion about that exact wording, and what “Karen” heard him say.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    She can't get on with her life. It's been completely destroyed for the sake of a viral video and a gang of social justice vigilantes.

Frankly, what are you doing taking anyone at his word, under these circumstances?

I hope her lawyer sues the $#@! out of him for damages. Way too many racist scumbags jumping on this set-up bandwagon!
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-08-2020 at 01:28 PM.

The whole thing is a sham so it makes sense why they wouldn't want to be put under oath, some ***** Harvard educated activist who is literally on the board of directors for GLAAD used an obviously distressed person as an opportunity to create a viral video and promote himself. Perhaps he didn't expect the mob to so thoroughly destroy this woman's life but at this point what difference does this misdemeanor make in addition to her life? If you believe it to be such a grievous thing to call the police in that situation and that this put his life in danger then they should want legal ramifications for a false report with malicious intent. I had a good laugh about at Lamont Hill's worry that it might prevent victims of sexual assault and DV from from cooperating with police in fear of being charged with a false report(which basically never happens despite the frequency) but white people just can't call the police and will be held at the mercy of some woke vigilante mob. Who is he to be confronting people and trying to enforce park rules anyways? If you were so threatened by this unleashed dog then maybe you should have been the one to call to police or whoever it is that enforces those park rules. I would 100% take his statement about luring the dog to feed it a "treat" to be threatening, what the hell was the implication of her not liking it mean and why the hell did he even have dog treats if he was so bothered by unleashed dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    She can't get on with her life. It's been completely destroyed for the sake of a viral video and a gang of social justice vigilantes.

Frankly, what are you doing taking anyone at his word, under these circumstances?

I hope her lawyer sues the $#@! out of him for damages. Way too many racist scumbags jumping on this set-up bandwagon!
    Another completely out of context set-up. We know nothing of what preceded this video.

He was doxxed and fired. The cancel mob strings up another victim.

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/stat...32929613398017
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

When I saw that Robert Barnes took this case I knew there was much more to this incident than what we saw on video. Barnes is a great civil rights attorney and I trust that he will prove to us a different story all together.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.