Thread: Thomas Massie: A Ron Paul Replacement

Thomas Massie: A Ron Paul Replacement

The House is about to lose its most ardent constitutionalist. Congressman Ron Paul has said that, even if he fails to receive the GOP presidential nomination, he will not run again for a seat in the House of Representatives. But there is a possible replacement for Congressman Paul in the form of Thomas Massie, who is running for Congress in the Fourth District of Kentucky.

Massie is an engineer by training and only recently developed an interest in politics. Below are excerpts of Massie’s views on various issues that Richardcyoung.com readers will find interesting. To read more from Thomas Massie, you can visit his campaign website by clicking here.
    More: http://www.richardcyoung.com/politic...l-replacement/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no replacement in my opinion.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 04-28-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Gee guys...relax....I'm just copying the title of the article. Yes, there is no replacement...we all know this.

We need to all work hard to push Mr. Massie over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Gee guys...relax....I'm just copying the title of the article. Yes, there is no replacement...we all know this.
    If you post it, you own it. (imo)
    The Thing Ron has that Mr Massie doesn't is his history, which equals our trust.
    How do you know Massie won't fold up when the preasure comes ...?
    I'm not sure even sure about Rand ...

Screw it.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 05-02-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Thankfully, there was not an overwhelming number of people with this sentiment when Ron Paul started out.

When the "preasure" comes, we shall see, but first we need to get people elected based on what they say. If what they do matches up substantially with what they say, they will build a larger base and move up the political ladder, gathering support as they go.
    Thats fine.
    I'm sure Mr Massie is worthy of your support, but he is not a replacement for Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by odamn View Post
    If you post it, you own it. (imo)
    The Thing Ron has that Mr Massie doesn't is his history, which equals our trust.
    How do you know Massie won't fold up when the preasure comes ...?
    I'm not sure even sure about Rand ...

I own what? The title to an article I didn't write? Nah, its just some guys opinion.

Thomas does have a history. Look in to his record as judge-executive, tax protests, and Ron/Rand Paul support. Read his posts on this forum. He has some history that you can glean from. He's against undeclared wars, the Patriot act, NDAA, the drug war, etc....what could you not like about that?

I dont know man...if you're are talking about folding on the war issue, then I have to agree with you that, no, no one really knows if he will fold or not. But, I give true grassroots Ron Paul supporters like Tom the benefit of the doubt. I think once you get bitten by the Liberty bug and it all comes together in your head, you tend to hold on to that and not forget it too easily. Mho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two senate seats were sat in by Henry Clay. What if
    Donald Trump taps Rand Paul for his cabinet as Mitch
    McConnell runs for re-election in 2020? Again assuming
    the VEEP position is already filled! Rep. Massie is about
    ready for this! Yes, again I am bumping old threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I own what? The title to an article I didn't write? Nah, its just some guys opinion.

Thomas does have a history. Look in to his record as judge-executive, tax protests, and Ron/Rand Paul support. Read his posts on this forum. He has some history that you can glean from. He's against undeclared wars, the Patriot act, NDAA, the drug war, etc....what could you not like about that?

I dont know man...if you're are talking about folding on the war issue, then I have to agree with you that, no, no one really knows if he will fold or not. But, I give true grassroots Ron Paul supporters like Tom the benefit of the doubt. I think once you get bitten by the Liberty bug and it all comes together in your head, you tend to hold on to that and not forget it too easily. Mho