Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rep. John Lewis dies

Rep. John Lewis dies

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), the renowned civil rights leader who served as a symbol of the movement throughout his more than three decades in Congress, died Friday at the age of 80.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Regardless of whether they were D's or R's, good or bad, I'm always pleased when a government pension comes to an end.

Unless spouses can collect the pensions.

In which case, my same rules apply.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Regardless of whether they were D's or R's, good or bad, I'm always pleased when a government pension comes to an end.

Unless spouses can collect the pensions.

In which case, my same rules apply.
    I believe they do, but its discounted? I may be wrong.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I honestly thought he was already dead

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    lol same.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Good riddance.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Would I be liable for his death since I'm always wishing stage 4 cancer on every politician?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

John Robert Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    You’re probably thinking of Elijah Cummings. He died last fall

John Robert Lewis (February 21, 1940– July 17, 2020)

Elijah E. Cummings (January 18, 1951 – October 17, 2019)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good! He was a communist race baiter.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Did the COVID do him in? Or are they chalking him up as a COVID death at least?

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Well the left is never going to like him.

Kelley and I would like to give our condolences to the family of John Lewis. He was a monumental figure of the civil rights movement. RIP.
    — Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) July 18, 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Well the left is never going to like him.
    No $#@!! You guys see those twitter responses?! What a bunch of sickos!

I'm glad Rand was respectful without adding on any crap which ignored the fact that John Lewis was quite a hateful person and lied rather frequently.

Sounds like he took some real chances for his cause as a young man, but afterwards?! They're gushing that he had a "Love conquers all!" way about him, yet he was too bitter to show up for Trump's inauguration and has never minced words about the level of contempt he felt for the president - not much of a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    No $#@!! You guys see those twitter responses?! What a bunch of sickos!

I'm glad Rand was respectful without adding on any crap which ignored the fact that John Lewis was quite a hateful person and lied rather frequently.

Sounds like he took some real chances for his cause as a young man, but afterwards?! They're gushing that he had a "Love conquers all!" way about him, yet he was too bitter to show up for Trump's inauguration and has never minced words about the level of contempt he felt for the president - not much of a virtue.
    Yeah I saw the leftist weirdos celebrating violence against rand paul.
    More sickening is the response from some Libertarians like Spike Cohen.
    https://twitter.com/RealSpikeCohen/s...50959256023045

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    You’re probably thinking of Elijah Cummings. He died last fall

John Robert Lewis (February 21, 1940– July 17, 2020)

Elijah E. Cummings (January 18, 1951 – October 17, 2019)
    Apparently I'm not the only one LOL

they did look a lot a like, even more so than the picture you posted

Last edited by jkob; 07-18-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Did the COVID do him in? Or are they chalking him up as a COVID death at least?
    He died from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. If he wasn't a politician, they most likely chalk him up as a coronavirus death.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Bless you Rand Paul! John Conyers was a great man and will be missed. Segregation was a statist cancer that needed to be abolished.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I met John Lewis once. I asked him about impeaching Bush over the Iraq war. While he was sympathetic to the idea he just didn't want to go that far. I am glad John Lewis was on of the 12 of 38 Congressional Black Congress members to vote against the 1993 Clinton/Biden/Gingrich crime bill. For the haters...haters gonna hate.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I met John Lewis once. I asked him about impeaching Bush over the Iraq war. While he was sympathetic to the idea he just didn't want to go that far. I am glad John Lewis was on of the 12 of 38 Congressional Black Congress members to vote against the 1993 Clinton/Biden/Gingrich crime bill. For the haters...haters gonna hate.
    He was a commie and the world is better off without him in spite of the few good things he might have done accidentally.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rest in peace John Lewis. Thank you for your bravery in fighting for civil rights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zBY6gkpbTg

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He was a commie and the world is better off without him in spite of the few good things he might have done accidentally.
    ou are entitled to your opnin as stupid as it is. His goal was to end segretation and we are better off without it.

ou are entitled to your opnin as stupid as it is. His goal was to end segretation and we are better off without it.
    Well the Civil rights movement in the 60s was almost entirely run by Communists.
    Libertarians that claim that he fought for Liberty are wrong. He fought for gun control, single payer,higher Taxes which is un-american & un-Libertarian.

“Civil Rights Icon” John Lewis Is Finally Dead
    July 18, 2020Hunter Wallace

ohn Lewis is dead.

By the way the media has reacted, you would think one of the Apostles had just passed away. Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington calls him “justice in the flesh.” Joe Biden says “we are all made in the image of God, and then there is John Lewis.” Stacey Abrams calls him “a griot of this modern age.” Elizabeth Warren calls him a “giant” and a “moral compass.” The New York Times calls him “a human saint.”

For what is John Lewis deserving of such lavish praise? It is not for his accomplishments during the 33 years he served in Congress representing Atlanta. It is for one thing. It is for leading a mob in a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, AL on March 7, 1965. After being ordered to disperse, John Lewis refused to do so and the mob was repulsed by Alabama State Troopers. The event was labeled “Bloody Sunday” by the media. It became part of the narrative of the Civil Rights Movement. It made John Lewis a “civil rights icon” and was a key event that led to the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. In the naive days of the television era, White Americans swallowed this narrative as it was presented to them.

In this sacred narrative, John Lewis was transformed from a mere human being made in the image of God into a saint and a civil rights martyr who advanced the cause of “equality,” “justice” and “progress” through civil disobedience against state and local authorities. The Edmund Pettus Bridge became a symbol of a heroic struggle. Religious pilgrims from across the world trickle into Selma to this day to see the relic which has become a modern equivalent of a Medieval shrine. Selma ceased to be a city in Alabama were people live and work and took on national significance. In 2014, the movie Selma was released which glorified MLK and John Lewis. The film was nominated for the Golden Globe Awards and Academy Awards.

In my lifetime, I knew Rep. John Lewis mainly as a civil rights dinosaur who was a throwback to another era who was fond of calling Donald Trump a racist and illegitimate president. I also knew him for coming back to Selma every year for the holy pilgrimage in which he would reenact his march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge that made him famous. Every year in early March out of state progressive liberal politicians like Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton and the media would parachute into Selma for a photo op on the bridge before leaving town and coming back a year later to reenact the same cynical ritual. By marching across the magic bridge, even the Rev. Al Sharptons of the world became righteous and holy!

There is another darker side of the legacy of John Lewis. Selma and the surrounding region never really ceased to be a place where people live and work after 1965. It just ceased to matter in anything but the symbolic sense to the elite media. After John Lewis left town, the cameras left, the marching stopped and civil rights legislation was signed into law, the people who lived in Selma and the Alabama Black Belt had to go on living under the new order. Black majority rule came to “Historic Selma.” History moved on and in the 55 years that have elapsed since “Bloody Sunday” the practical result has been that Selma has become the poorest city in Alabamaand the ninth poorest city in the entire United States.

This symbol of “equality” is now one of the worst and most unequal places to live in the country. This symbol of “justice” is now unjust to anyone unfortunate enough to be born there. This symbol of “progress” is a blighted and abandoned television prop. The Voting Rights Act succeeded in establishing black majority rule. In doing so, it obliterated civilization because Whites didn’t want to live there anymore or invest in the community. As for “Bloody Sunday,” no one died on that day, but now Selma is the most dangerous city in Alabama and one of the most dangerous cities in the country.

In the Game of Thrones series, The Doom of Valyria destroyed Valyrian civilization. Go to Selma in 2020 and you will see that John Lewis brought a similar Doom which has settled like a black cloud upon the city. Selma is now a cursed place which is sinking into ruin and being reclaimed by the wilderness. It is an American version of Pompeii that was destroyed by John Lewis. It is also a place that tells us a lot about the mindset of progressive liberalism – the moral certitude and self righteousness, the disregard for established norms, the impractical fanaticism that bends reality to abstractions and the lack of interest in the real world consequences – which made Selma into the dystopia that it is today.

Note: The ghost of John Lewis will likely continue to haunt Selma in the afterlife.

http://www.occidentaldissent.com/202...-finally-dead/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

His goal was to end segretation and we are better off without it.
    Are we? That seems to be a position that everyone takes for granted.

Let's not forget that Lewis was instrumental is passing the 1964 Civil Rights Act which removed the right of freedom of association from businesses.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Routinely voted against the very first civil right: the right to defend yourself.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

And now you have blacks that are trying to undo all that and want to go back to being segregated so that they don't have to deal with white people.

Calvin Coolidge

https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=L000287

Name: John Lewis

Congress: Georgia, District: 5, Democrat

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 26%

Score Breakdown:
    22% (116th Congress: 2019-2020); 15% (115th Congress: 2017-2018); 30% (114th Congress: 2015-2016); 37% (113th Congress: 2013-2014); 29% (112th Congress: 2011-2012); 16% (111th Congress: 2009-2010); 22% (110th Congress: 2007-2008); 33% (109th Congress: 2005-2006); 35% (108th Congress: 2003-2004); 16% (107th Congress: 2001-2002); 28% (106th Congress: 1999-2000)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=L000287

Name: John Lewis

Congress: Georgia, District: 5, Democrat

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 26%

Score Breakdown:
    22% (116th Congress: 2019-2020); 15% (115th Congress: 2017-2018); 30% (114th Congress: 2015-2016); 37% (113th Congress: 2013-2014); 29% (112th Congress: 2011-2012); 16% (111th Congress: 2009-2010); 22% (110th Congress: 2007-2008); 33% (109th Congress: 2005-2006); 35% (108th Congress: 2003-2004); 16% (107th Congress: 2001-2002); 28% (106th Congress: 1999-2000)
    You know Donald Trump is the reincarnation of George Wallace right? No? George Wallace was a progressive. He initially ran for governor on a platform of racial harmony. Shortly before the election his opponent was seen riding around in a car with the KKK. He lost by a landslide. Later he was quoted as saying "I got out n*ggered. I will never be out n*ggered again." So he talked a segregationist game while pushing progressive policies the entired time.

Donald Trump is a progressive. I'm sure his supporters, like you, were not signing up for bumpfire stock bans, permanent funding for HBCUs, mass releases of black prisoners through the First Step Act, no fight on the Civil Right Act being extended to LGBT (he could have sought a legislative fix), or Trump putting DACA recipients on a path to citizenship. Tucker Carlson talked about this, though he blames Jared Kushner rather than understanding what's really going on.

See at : 20 minutes in.

So...the jokes on you. You should educate yourself instead of trying in vain to one up me. But....having known you this long....I think enlightenment and self discovery are beyond your capability.

John Lewis voted against the 1993 Clinton/Biden crime bill that Donald Trump thankfully finished undoing. Kudos to Donald Trump and John Lewis for standing against that injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Well the Civil rights movement in the 60s was almost entirely run by Communists.
    Libertarians that claim that he fought for Liberty are wrong. He fought for gun control, single payer,higher Taxes which is un-american & un-Libertarian.
    If there were real libertarians in this country the civil rights movement would not have been necessary....but there weren't. Not in any significant number. The civil rights act came on the heals of generations of government forced, and KKK mob forced, segregation. Many stores wanted the opportunity to sell to blacks but couldn't not just because of fear of violating the law, but fear of racist mob violence. And technically you can still have a segregated business and not be in violation of the civil rights act. All you have to do is "buy local" and take yourself out from under the interstate commerce clause. Or you can simply be a private club (think SAM's Club or COSTCO) and limit your membership to white people. I was shocked in 1984 to learn that Shoal Creek Country Club was segregated. They de-segregated because they were about to lose the PGA. That's why the Civil Rights Act is redundant today. No business that actually falls under it (involved in interstate commerce and open to the public) could survive 1 year if the openly segregated. Hell, they can't even donated to Focus On The Family.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Are we? That seems to be a position that everyone takes for granted.

Let's not forget that Lewis was instrumental is passing the 1964 Civil Rights Act which removed the right of freedom of association from businesses.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Routinely voted against the very first civil right: the right to defend yourself.
    True. I disagreed with him on that just like you and I disagree with Donald Trump on the bumpfire stock ban, red flag laws and flirting with assault weapons bans. @Swordsmyth makes excuses for Trump on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    And now you have blacks that are trying to undo all that and want to go back to being segregated so that they don't have to deal with white people.
    You've always had blacks looking at multiple approaches including self sufficiency and separation. Marcus Garvey and Malcom X to name two prominent ones. Elijah Muhammed met with the KKK under the idea that "You want separation? So do we. Give us enough land for an independent country and we'll be out of your hair." And the idea isn't to "not have ot deal with white people." It's to have some kind of economic base. You saw recently that much of Oklahoma has now been declared Indian territory by the SOTUS? I suspect you'll be seeing casinos going up all over the place now. I'm sure white people (and black people, and asian people) will be welcome to come and spend their money.

If there were real libertarians in this country the civil rights movement would not have been necessary....but there weren't. Not in any significant number. The civil rights act came on the heals of generations of government forced, and KKK mob forced, segregation. Many stores wanted the opportunity to sell to blacks but couldn't not just because of fear of violating the law, but fear of racist mob violence. And technically you can still have a segregated business and not be in violation of the civil rights act. All you have to do is "buy local" and take yourself out from under the interstate commerce clause. Or you can simply be a private club (think SAM's Club or COSTCO) and limit your membership to white people. I was shocked in 1984 to learn that Shoal Creek Country Club was segregated. They de-segregated because they were about to lose the PGA. That's why the Civil Rights Act is redundant today. No business that actually falls under it (involved in interstate commerce and open to the public) could survive 1 year if the openly segregated. Hell, they can't even donated to Focus On The Family.
    This is not an argument for why "we" are better off without segregation. I would assume a libertarian would not speak on what is best for the collective. I would assume a libertarian would be humble enough to understand that they do not know what is best for any other individual.

It seems to me that you are making the case that cancel culture is the market's remedy for business practices that you find distasteful. That's a separate discussion, I suppose. But I do disagree that a business can discriminate based on race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast